SLA Industries, or In The Grim Darkness Of Far-Future Glasgow, There Is Only Lousy Reality TV

It was a while since last there was a thread, eh? Pull out a chair, grab a synth-beer and sit down, mate...

>SLA Industries, first published by Scottish company Nightfall Games in 1993, is a game of punk dystopia, gory horror and consumerist satire.

>Books
Everything's 'pay what you want' on DrivethruRPG these days!
drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/3600/Nightfall-Games?src=nightfall_co&test_epoch=0
But for your comfort here's everything ever published for the game in one place. Plus some convention adventure module or something... dunno where that came from but it's good anyhow.
Also included in this is the not entirely favored Big Picture, in the Writer's Guide. Read at your own risk!
mega.nz/#F!SlFhTJZK!uW8_tIZsgvcTLfKB5mo3vw

>SLA Industries skirmish wargame kickstarter
There's a couple of days left on this one. And it actually looks pretty nice! Minis are good and most of the stretch goal figs are in the bag. Would've been nice to get the last Stormer and the Necanthrope, but oh well...
If they'll manage to put into some kind of campaign ruleset in this, could we be looking at a next-generation Necromunda with a more fleshed out setting?
kickstarter.com/projects/darumaproductions/sla-industries-cannibal-sector-1

>BPNs
nightfall.me/viewforum.php?f=6
trulyrural.com/sla/bpns.html
imgur.com/a/CgCF0
wilsonclan.org.uk/games/sla/wheeler/index.htm
dnotice.de/SLA/archive/ExAss.ZIP
shadow-warriors.co.uk/SLA.htm#BPN 1

So how's life in the dystopian scifi megacity faring?

Other urls found in this thread:

slaindustries.tumblr.com/
daveallsop.deviantart.com/art/45-Minutes-Shaktar-160119677
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>everything ever published
Well, nearly everything. Still missing the GM Screen, though it's unlikely it'll ever be scanned.

Yeah, that shit is rarer than the Ark of Covenant these days...

Only thing bothering me with that miniature game: Why is this fucking thing a shaktar now?

THIS is a shaktar
>make predators great again!

I once asked Daruma about it on their Facebook page, and they said they didn't have plans to scan it. That was back in November last year, though.

Shame. Feels like they would be only ones still having access to a copy.

I'm just hoping they update the core book PDF when they put out the new print version. The current scan is kind of shit.

Carrien minis

Carrien packs will be sold in packs of 6 lesser carrien plus 1 larger pack alpha.

Scav

slaindustries.tumblr.com/

"Yeah, it's one of the things I'm revising on SLA Industries. The Shaktar race will stay essentially the same, but I wanted to make changes to how they looked. First was to reduce the whole 'predator' look as much as possible. The other thing was there were too many facial similarities with the Stormer (lipless mouths, huge fangs, long jaws).

The Shaktar should look ever redder than this but I'm still developing them."
daveallsop.deviantart.com/art/45-Minutes-Shaktar-160119677

Has anyone ever actually played a game of SLAI?

It was always a pretty niche game, but sure people played it. You could say it's a grimdark Shadowrun, without the whole "acting outside the law" part.

Huh, new stretch goal?
Sort of odd to have a legendary monstrosity in the boardgame... What are some OPs gonna do about an immortal murder manchine?

Are the Wraith Raiders getting a redesign as well? Their wargame minis look a bit odd.

Haven't heard anything about it, but I'm not very conversant in SLA these days? I just found the Allsop quote when trawling devart...

I don't think any previews of Wraith Raider minis have been presented yet? If your GIS:ing for them you'll only find old homemade conversions on 25mm bases.

That was the picture I was meaning.

Oh, and some TMP forumer said that the models are more akin to 32mm.
I dunno how I feel about that... Large models are cool, but it'll also make it more difficult to proxy or convert models when you just need a bunch of

He's not especially different from old Wraith'ers, is he...? Oh, you might mean the more feline features from the first edition of the game? I dunno why but those disappeared more than a decade ago, WRs have had more of a pointy reptilian snout for a very long time.

Yup, a friend of mine GMd it a few years back.
It was fun, Brain Wasters are great.

>He
user...

I always thought the core art didn't really match the 'large humanoid lion' thing from the text.

Oh! Didn't notice those little qts :3

But large? WRs have been lithe and small-ish pretty much from the start, haven't they? It was long since I browsed the core book to be honest...

Gotta admit SLA's a really good setting if you want a skirmish game though, there's shitloads of stuff in the streets and the 'zones, and lots of various groups or factions if you're looking for opposing sides in encounters. I'm hoping the game turns out alright.

APPEARANCE: Wraith Raiders resemble large humanoid lions. They stand on two legs and their bodies are slim but athletic with well pronounced muscles.

According to the Height and Weight tables, a WR is between 1.8 and 2.1 m tall (5'11"-6'11"), and weighs 68-83 kg (150-183 lbs.).

Ah, maybe I should've said 'thin' rather than 'small'? But that's indeed a sort of strange description... They're the physically weakest race, aren't they? I guess you could use descriptors such as "athletic" and "well pronounced muscles" but still, they're really weedy!

Second-equal with Humans, Ebons are the weakest.

Ah, I see.

Whose pledged at what level? I don't know if I want the skirmish stuff until I see a community in my area, but what's the rpg stuff at the £20 level?

So, does it mean that there will finally be a wiki of sorts? It always seemed like a nice, weird setting, but creator's attitude was a bit... curious. It seemed to me they really didn't want anybody to hear about their system.

>write a nice little system
>yell 'copyright' every time somebody tries to popularize or even discuss it
>'we cannot have that since we need to sell more book'

I'm not saying that they are assholes, but this is a rather peculiar strategy.

Also, they are assholes.

Got a bit of money so I think I'm actually gonna go all in on Contract Circuit.
Waiting for May to yell "article 50!!!" before the KS drive ends, so the GBP will take a dip...

I went in at £20, and put a core book and set of dice in as extras. I have no idea what sort of black magic they've done to get shipping to NZ down to £10, given that it's usually like $75 USD.

I wonder what the quality of the new core book prints will be, because apparently the master PDF won't look too different to the shitty scan we currently have.

Huh, there's new RPG printings as well? Missed that.
I'm just in it for a skirmish with campaign gameplay, pretty much. As long as the basic ruleset is decent you can probably cook up the narrative/stat groth mechanics yourselves?

I'm thinking Cognates, bands of Contract Killers, criminal Props or gangs, Shian cults, cannibal tribes, Carrion warrens, shoals of Dream entities, soft companies, war-world veterans, groups of Manchines, cannibal pigs or other monstrosities... They all want a piece each other or the juicy civvies, stting idle in Downtown. And of course theres hapless Shivers or OP squads, just out trying to do some BPNs, caught in the middle of it. There's tones of themes for various warbands!

Oh, and fucking 8th moon Shaktars.

Post favourite Stormers

or media waifus...

Yep. Loved it. I played a young Wraith Raider with a Frother drug habit. Picture Newt from Aliens on combat drugs. She'd do little jobs here and there for gas money for her moped and more drugs. Ended up on the news a few times which led to her being picked up to join a Merc group of operators. She was like the mascot, and would find ways to survive things that killed everyone else around her. Had a lot of fun playing that character.

Played a couple of times, loved it.
Is anybody looking to run another game? I'm sure people would be down for it.

The impression I've gotten from SLA is having quite the cool setting and atmosphere, but being marred by a very clumsy system?

I didn't think it was that bad when I looked at it.

Might be personal preference. I'm coming from SR3, and desu I have never played SLA, just browsed through the books.

The system itself is fine, it just needs some house rules established first. Some of the skills aren't very well defined as far as exactly what they do, but the base system is pretty sound.

I'll have to take your word for it then. But the skill thing I saw referenced on their own forums too, that there's just too goddamn many?

I like the 'scifi with EDGE HORROR' mixup.
Like CoC if you had power armor and LMGs.

>GM Screen
I have it. Unfortunately I have no scanner....
I'm this user I've always enjoyed SLA, but I hardly see any threads here about it.
If there's more SLA threads in the future, I'll try to find a way to pull it off though.

That's cool! Did it come with any booklets or additional material?
You ever manage to digitally preserve it, drop it off in the PDF share thread!

You could take photos of it and upload them, maybe.

Do you have the book that came with it?

I've always wanted a fullsize of that Clint Langley pic

Yeah it came with a booklet, I have it. I'm out of town though so I can't photograph it. I might try to post some shots at the very least so ppl can at least read them.