Cute little girls can be more intimidating than giant hulking warriors

>cute little girls can be more intimidating than giant hulking warriors

I'm actually okay with this.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangahome.com/manga/chio_chan_no_tsuugakuro/c001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do you have like, a topic to discuss or do you just wanna see how long it take somebody to call you a lolicon?

Intimidation being based on charisma and other similar mental stats, while at times jarring due to many physically intimidating characters using those stats as dump stats, is still perfectly reasonable and in fact can be rather amusing. Even at the cost of realism, having small charismatic characters prove to be more intimidating than larger, less charismatic characters leads to interesting scenes.

The solution is always alternative stat skill rolls.

Even Wisdom can be useful for intimidate at times.

This.

Although I will never discredit the big hulking warrior who is just shit at Intimidating people.

Nowadays, a woman calling rape on a man is always trouble to the man; even worse if it's a kid against a suspicious bald man.

For modern settings that can work, but on medieval or even fantasy people will just dismiss the girl's attempt at intimidation and fuck her on the spot.

Why doesn't Redlife draw more?

>Not using Bluff or Perform instead to Intimidate someone

Source? The Reverse Image-search I used came up with nothing.

>not basing intimidate on 75% str and 25% cha
absolutely disgusting.

My Reverse Image Search skills aren't as weak as your own but I'm still not sure what the hell this is. Saw the whole thing but it's in Glorious Scribble Language of People's Republic of Scribblechan.

A reminder that intimidation requires not only the ability to convince someone that you're willing and capable of coercion, but that cooperation is the best method of avoiding it.

Your big hulking warrior may convince someone that they are going to break their leg...and cause them to start screaming for help. Intimidation is a skill that requires balance.

Are you going to post an example of one or just make an assertion that lacks any sort of proofs?

Oh, no, wait, here you go.

mangahome.com/manga/chio_chan_no_tsuugakuro/c001

Not the same issue but you'll get there eventually. Translated, too.

Thanks user.
>49218230
user found it!

Have you ever handled a little girl before? They've got Intimidate through the fucking roof.

The moment a little girl starts crying is the moment you try to do anything to make her stop.

>cute little girls can be more intimidating than giant hulking warriors
The answer is sociopathy and a near by example.

Lina Inverse comes to mind. Gourry has the intimidation factor of a declawed kitten.

That's not intimidating at all. At least post Alma or something.

Is making extremely loud and annoying noises covered by Intimidate?

>Is making extremely loud and annoying noises covered by Intimidate?

They're loud, distressing sounds that cause most people to either want to leave the premises or stop the source of the sounds.

I'd argue that's totally Intimidate, since it's neither sweet-talking nor lying.

>making a random thug more intimidating than the kingpin
Repulsive.

The kingpin gets a unique class ability that gives them bonuses to Intimidate based on the total strength of their followers.

Think about it, a kingpin is nothing without their hot, sweaty, muscular men.

You don't have to know how many men the Kingpin has for him to convince you that he has enough to make your life a horribly brief hell if you don't listen to him. Fuck, if he's got the balls he might not need any.

Well yeah, that's realistic. I can talk to giant hulking warriors.

Five fucking posts for this shit

goddamn

>holding a knife to someone's neck and demanding they cooperate should rely on strength
>pointing a crossbow at someone's testicles and telling them to cooperate if they ever want to reproduce again should rely on strength
>threatening to turn someone into a frog and feed them to a Frenchman should rely on strength
>convincing someone that if they don't cooperate they're about to meet God and discover how wrathful he is firsthand should require strength
Why is this a meme? Either do what suggests and make it the stat matching your method every single time, or just accept that Intimidate deals with convincing someone that you are a threat and that cooperation (or running) is in their best interests, and use Charisma like the rules say.

But Alucard is still a dude

>>giant hulking warrior
>buy him a drink
>he doesn't punch your shit in
>have a good laugh
>>little girl
>give a book on local fungus
>"user I'm 12"
>sob uncontrollably

> I'll take "things that are total bullshit for 500 Alex"

Are situation bonuses not a thing in your system?
Oh wait I already play and run a system that doesn't do strength as the linked attribute to intimidation to begin with.

Why the fuck am I even here?

Nice meme, guys

Go watch Hard Candy, the Good Son, and the Omen.

Nah, you're just easily intimidated, especially by women.

Of course situation bonuses are a thing. Doesn't change the fact that the root skill is convincing someone that you have the means and intent to harm them if they don't cooperate. Strength is, at best, a form of circumstance bonus.

Also, my guess for why you're in this thread is that you get off on feeling smugly superior to random people on the Internet.

Saying to someone that you can fuck them up in a fight if they don't cooperate should be Str

Standing there and simply being menacing should be End (If endurance can be used for intimidation at all. Maybe a passive bonus?)

Twirling your knife wordlessly or effortlessly showing your prowess with a weapon to signify you can kill them without break a sweat should be Dex

Telling someone a story or parable about "the guy who did not cooperate" and making it both subtle and threatening should be Wis
Alternatively, pointing out in a matter of fact way why going along with what he is demanding is the best course of action

Reciting in a cold, detached, and verbose way the effects of a poison, the working of a torture device, the feeding behavior of a monster should be Int

Now, Cha is used in two cases, when you have to convince another person your current assets are enough to carry out said threat or convincing them that you do when you actually don't.
So either
>Intimidate = Cha + (Relevant stat)
or
>Intimidate = Cha + (Relevant stat as a +X bonus)
or even
>Intimidate = (Relevant stat) + Cha (as a +X bonus)

She's one girl you don't want to piss off.

Or just keep it simpler, more logical, and less pointlessly granular and just use CHA + situational bonus/advantage whenever a described method of intimidation would be particularly effective in that given situation.

Cute girls, huh

And that's true, m8.

Not necessarily true.
Certain countries in the medieval world had laws known as hue and cry law, where every person was obligated to shout and cry at the site of a crime. In addition if you heard someone else shouting you were to do the same. Equally if you were a man and saw the criminal you were obligated to attempt to bring them and the victim to the local magistrate.

So for instence if a woman cried rape all nearby men who heard would be obligated to capture the rapist and bring him and the woman to the magistrate. If the rapist was guilty he was punished if not and the woman was found to be a liar her father or husband would be fined(and he may smack her up a bit for the fine and embarrassment).

Also on further note, I like the sound of these hue and cry laws, but I don't think they could translate to modern life all too well.

Citation needed, or else it's just user hoax

Gourry's intimidation level is somewhere above a scrap of tissue paper but below a pint of cottage cheese.