Characters you want to play but are too Edgy/That Guy/Mary Sue/Magical Realm

Post whatever characters you would play if they weren't so damn cancerous.

Me personally, one of the ideas floating around in my head is for a future D:tD 4k 7th Edition campaign would be to play a Daemonhost Dryad of Slaanesh who LOVES meat, couldn't get enough even before she Exalted. Now though, her tastes are, while much improved, have also extended to include many sapient species, with the exception of Dryads (she's not a cannibal).

I want to play with a "You eat what you kill" angle to it, only consuming those whom I have killed myself, because the best meals are the ones that you have made yourself. That and the fact that she grew up among a particularly militant Grove of Dryads, who not only hunt and eat meat but have done it so long that while they still can photosynth but the ability only 'Turns On' during lean times.

I wouldn't go out of my way to antagonize the party by eating the corpses of my foes right in battle or were/when it might offend them/others, nor do I ever plan to try to attack them but I know for a fact most groups wouldn't trust a Slaaneshi faggot NOT to do that, besides the (apparent) hardcore vore fetish, despite the fact that I hate vore myself.

Another point of note that would be the fact that my character would be OBSESSED with eating other Exalts, with special interest in eating Chosen, other Daemonhosts, and Demiurge, because they're the closest to 'God flesh' that my character can consume. This will must likely lead to even less trust from the party, particularly from those that want to play those Exaltations, when all I want to do is hunt greater shit and eat it, not fuck with the party in any (negative) way.

>Want to play a literal man-Eater
>Too fucking fetish and That Guy to even attempt
>feelbadman.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?ancfij07k8oqaux,njhaieojsgxnsln,7y7eq3wwoif5127,nh6gk24xgar8326,fyxidihn7vgu8gw,wejvy7y0p3ki53l,lny248kddf228v9,y7wf4vybaaoy9ym,rbgzaa4679cg44f
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion
starbounder.org/Floran
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

High rank retired succubus with a family to maintain.

That actually sounds nice! Is her family relatively 'new' or is she an old matriarch?

Being a man-eater, outside of civilized society, is too edgy? I've got a cannibalistic TN orc druid on the backburner, just waiting in case my current character bites the dust. Also having a "waste not, want not" mindset, chowing down on fools that picked a fight. It's only natural the stronger predators eat lesser prey, anyhow!

The rebel, who takes down an opressive goverment through violence. Maybe she's a police officer, or an army veteran. Or a private detective.
There is no way in hell I'm playing anything like this after Hunger Games aired, however.

I am debating a character idea. Kind of a civil werewolf idea but I tried to make it work differently.

They're an awkward girl that reverts physically into a were-no-particular-mammal under pressure thats more nimble and direct, but they aren't a savage unstoppable monster, simply just appeasing dat lizard brain. I don't know if its a good idea because I don't like the idea of killing machine werecreature, nor a 'misunderstood beast'.

Is it an okay idea?

Joined a marvel FASERIP game last year where the GM had every person use the same set of random rolls to generate their characters with. You could assign the rolls however you wanted, meaning everyone had the potential to be fairly equal as far as power levels, so none of hat random shit where Hawkeye is fighting next to Thor...

I made this guy:
Fighting: In. 40
Agility: In. 40 (30)
Strength: Mn.75 (30)
Endurance: Am.50 (30)
Reason: Am.50
Intuition: Rm.30
Psyche: Rm.30

Health: 205 (130)

Resources: Rm.30
Popularity: 0

Talents:
Electronics, Engineering

Powers
Body Armor Rm.30
Elongation Gd.10 (2 areas)
Extra Attacks Am.50
Extra Parts-Tentacle Arms

According to the rules (as a GM myself, I know this), I would be able to deliver 4 attacks per round of 75 points of damage each, totalling 300 each round.

That broke the game and after the initial "training session" *cough*retcon*cough* I had to make a new character that wasn't so badass...

Fuckin whiners didn't like it that I knew how to game the system ;)

Old matriarch. In a real world based setting she could have the spirit of some Caesar or some Borgia stalking on her. While she tries to avoid her daughters turning into sluts.

I want to play a super pyromancer that's basically brand from league of losers

also an entirely separate god tier flame swordsman

See, you have the right idea but even my best friend thinks that it's Magical Realm, despite knowing me for years. Then again, he's known me forever and I'm the closest known parallel to an actual Slaaneshi faggot, so he might be seeing something to the character and myself that I'm not even seeing...

So you want to play Anita Blake or Honor Harrington.

I happen to have the Werewolf: the Apocalypse Breedbooks lying around, and if you want inspiration, there's probably nowhere better to start.
mediafire.com/?ancfij07k8oqaux,njhaieojsgxnsln,7y7eq3wwoif5127,nh6gk24xgar8326,fyxidihn7vgu8gw,wejvy7y0p3ki53l,lny248kddf228v9,y7wf4vybaaoy9ym,rbgzaa4679cg44f
Grouped Mediafire links are a mess, but at least they work.

Feral child whose first encounter with civilization was being thrown into a pen to do dog fights, moved on to gladitorial blood sport when older, mostly just used and abused and so remains feral. Grew freakisly tall and still looks lanky despite having arms like other people have thighs, retardedly strong, surprisingly fast and just doesnt't seem to wanna go down despite soaking up horrible amounts of punishment. Scars and disfigurements all over, and thoroughly scary looking. Doesn't talk much, if at all, incapable of functioning in society and needs to be taken care of, easily scared or fascinated by the unknown, desperately in need of hugs, overly protective of any provider of said hugs. Any character development would focus of becoming a real person. Basically, a the human version of a rescued fighting dog. Variations include murder cyborg with bits of humanity buried in it somewhere and abused attack dog Sith apprentice.

In any actual games the group would probably get tired of having to babysit what looks like an edgy min maxed close combat power house.

A Master Swordsman copy but without all the extremely OP blessings. Although still some of the blessings, or at the very least start with few to none and a chance to earn more blessings.

A disgruntled veteran who suffers from a bad case of PTSD made even worse sine the army he and the squad used to be part of lost

Katana-dude with a shitload of different swordstyles. Which one is beeing used at the time is beeing indicated by what mask he is wearing.

The katana part is irrelevant. The mask and sword styles sounds cool to me.

>Tfw your friends regularly play evil characters.
>Tfw you tend towards good and lawful alignments.
>Tfw when you try to meaningfully role play any form of trying to connect with them and perhaps try to establish any sense of humanity or conscience in them
>"Lol, no. I'm evil."
Where are people like you in my games plz.

Plucky kid characters AKA Sette Fruumagem or Ava from Ava's demon

Too bad I'm a fat sadboy.

Different user. We usually get shunned or shut down for "waifu" or sue characters.
No idea why but anything close to a redemption story where the story isn't just template A turns into template A with a conscience gets people riled. Actually making Template A turn into Human Being seems to trigger some sort of hate people have.

Sette is basically one of those Chaotic Randumb characters Veeky Forums is always bitching about.

i want to play two characters during one campaign, one a above the level of the party and one below the level of the party, father and son

the idea is to have the father a renown hero, leave retirement and hit the road again to stop a rising evil, join the party and via GM fiat make him save the party a few times and help them make some conections with some important NPC, until they face the BBG and he is killed while the rest of the party flees

then enter the son, a low level adventurer, burden to the party and hot headed angst kid trying to prove that he can be someone instead of just the "Son of a hero" by any means or actions also trying to avenge his father even he hate him for leaving him, his mother and sisters behind just to have one last adventure because he need to revive his glorious past instead of being with his family

to bad i'm forever GM

Cannibals are A-OK as long as you're willing to accept the logical consequences - resist disease rolls against Kuru, and social ostracism.

I normally play non-D&D systems though, so I don't bother people about being "the right alignment" for the party - all I ask is a common goal and a reason to tolerate each other's company.

Eh I dunno feels more fleshed out to me. Although yeah, part of what makes it a toxic ass choice (and it is on so many levels). That said I don't actually wanna be Sette I just... wanna be the little girl. ;_;

Nah, she's an actual child and dick-ass thief.

Alignments are useless.

>kuru

Isn't that specific to a particular set of tribes, rather than a general issue with cannibalism?

>wanna be the little girl.
I was about to question your sexuality, but then I remembered we're on Veeky Forums.

Nope, Its a cannibalism issue. Caused by prions

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion

The trick is don't eat organs like brains or livers, don't' exclusively eat people meat and if you gotta eat a motherfucker stick to the limb and ass flesh and stay away from torso meat

Its not even a sex thing I just like the character archetype. I mean obviously my mental state is questionable since I just provided useful advice for cannibals and admitted to wanting to be a little girl but I mean, its not like I wanna dick myself or get dicked, avoiding getting dicked would be a full time occupation for a kid adventurer.

I wanna play a legit animal girl. She's not animalistic or anything, she just has the ears and tail(that are mobile and act like cat ears/tail), and is otherwise a completely regular person.

Because I find it cute as hell.

When you say 'little girl' how old are we talking here? I'd have no problem playing a teenage girl in a game, but anything

We've been over it but kuru is rare. The only time it's an issue is if you follow bad food practices consistently for generations and you have the genetic proclivity for it.
Theres tons of evidence basically every group at some point in time delved into serious cannibalism with zero consequences. Even modern day cannibalism elsewhere suffers zero problems assuming they avoid the bad organs.
There's no reason the orcs wouldn't have zero issue either. Especially if they're eating things like elves or humans or anything thats not strictly its own species or even close family.

Tl:dr there's no reason even in reality they should have health issues.
Obviously the social issues remain.

yeah about twelve. Also its more than 'ehh' nigga I'd never even approach this shit at a table. But I /wanna/, because I'm a fucker.

I want to play a paladin with Don Quixote tier delusions.
But that would be annoying I think.

But she's not. She's like 30 or so. She's just remained the same age from whenever her pappy was youthful to now his beard is getting really peppered.

Thanks user, I'll remember that in future

One problem with a lot of these concepts and ideas is that they're not very good for a group game, but they'd be fine for a solo game.

Yeah yeah but the whole 'REALLY A THOUSAND YEAR OLD VAMPIRE' schtick is so played and meaningless it practically doesn't bear mentioning, especially since Sette is still essentially sporting the mind of a child along with the body and attitude.

>All these fucking Meatbag problems
>From eating the shit there made of!
Dryads represent!

They actually disproved that. All of what you said is ONLY applicable if its a close relative (3 degrees of relation) and was compounded by slight incest due to group sizes. Assuming you aren't related all the actual muscle mass is fine but just avoid human organs altogether for various reason beyond just the prion you'd probably get.
Eating people meat exclusively is also not recommended not for the prion which we've covered but for the fact you get severe nutrient deficiencies like iron deficiency.

The reason that those characters are often forbidden is that if you find it cute, you're generally a lot more likely to get irrational and unreasonable defending it. You'll focus on making your character act "cute" instead of in accordance with the concept, game and setting, and you'll become more upset when she's in danger than if you found her interesting as a character.
This is not only personal experience, it's conglomerated from literally thousands of posts on this board, both from people for and against that type of character. Sexual or romantic attraction to a character means a greater risk of sidelining relevant activities to show off what makes that character attractive to you, which risks derailing the game and alienating other players as well as not meshing with the tone of many games.
On top of that, a big warning flag is a character with traits that don't make any sense and/or should be impossible in the setting, but are tacked on simply because the player finds it attractive.
If you had an explanation for why the character had animal ears and a tail, and of course could tell me what it brought to the character and how it could be used in play, I would consider accomodating it, as would a lot of other GMs. Until you do that satisfactorily, though, it's just going to be a liability - and I know that there are GMs out there who'll reject or badmouth your character first just to find out if you throw a shit fit, then only approve it if you tackle it in a mature manner and follow the GM's ideas for a more fitting character.

Fuck florans. They grow tits JUST to make you get closer and drop your guard.

Oh word? Least I got the best practices right.

What's a floran? I just googled pictures of evil dryads.

Basically. Meats okay so long as you can't call it an second uncle and organs are bad due to the way our digestive system and filtration processes store OBSCENE amounts of bad microorganisms and verious vitamins and minerals. Hell, eating a human liver might give you lethal doses of vitamin C. Digestive flora are unique to each person and might not be safe to introduce into yours. Brains do lead to prion issues. Hearts way to full of iron to be actually healthy. All other organs have scary amounts of microorganisms you do not want in your body away from said containment devices.
Eyes are okay and if they're anything like other animal's eyes are quiet tasty.

Plant aliens from Starbound. They eat people.

What if I told you that there was a whole RPG built around plucky kids having plucky kid adventures with pet monsters, themed around anything from wacky hijinks to a child's view of Lovecraftian horror?

you. I like you. Glitch represent.

This guy knows his shit. A lot of people tend to fall into the trap of fighter rogue or wizard, no past no background, bland ass vanilla because they get disenchanted with the idea of making a character that is too 'mary sue' or 'edgelord' or whatever

But really its about what you as a player can pull off without ham handedly fisting yourself into the setting. For instance a cannibal edgelord fits a lot more nicely into mad max apocalyptic than it does into swords and sorcery fantasy.

Basically it requires a modicum of personal charisma so you turds won't ever be able to pull it off, stick to your boring characters.

Unisexual plant people from Starbound. Zero morals hence the torture for fun thing, they eat primarily meat with a pention for sentients meat, again due to lack of morals see zero problems with this other than it for whatever reason carries a stigma among other races they literally can't understand, routinely inhabit areas where lone adventurers and wandering types will frequent, their explanation for tits or even a female model in general is they realized that this tends to make attracting male prey of various species vastly easier.
They're even a playable race and its obvious they're a dev's waifu race as they're the most filled out, encompass several fetishes, and are purpose designed to punish attempting to fuck them.
I'd have to find it but one of the official art pieces for then shows a "female" floran sunbathing on a rock being seductive for a male adventurer while the bones and equipment of previous prey is sticking out from behind said rock.

Well, as OP, this interests me. You have a link to more info and/or stories related to them? Might help me develop my character more.

Ehh, see another gross part about it is I wanna be interacting with the grown ups and being disturbingly unchildlike in some regards because it implies an amount of trauma and tragedy without actually showing it or dipping into the faggy pit of 'I WAS WAPED BY A DEMON.

For instance a concept I was vetting for an elder scrolls themed game was an orphan kid who was apprenticed into the thieves guild early, a backstabbing little skooma mule and all around mouthy turd with money on the brain. Manipulative as shit and twice as mean

"The Iron Baron": ripped from an idyllic home in a sunny town by a bandit attack and saved by a bunch of traveling mercenaries, he grew from a chipper six year old to a hardened killer of such renown that they gave him a title known across the land in the mercenary circle called the "Royalty of Steel".
Then, he fell in love.
While working a war, he fell for a woman who ran a bakery. After the war had ended, he settled down with her and had two children, moving into the town and building a home for all of them with his own two hands.
One day, after a day of work, he finds his house aflame, his wife stabbed dead, his children missing, and a carved note on the wall starting with the symbol of the steel royalty.
The note reads that the Iron Baron died long ago, and the dead have no kin.

Mechanics-wise he's a 5e Battlemaster/Berserker.
However no group I can find like him because he's "too edgy"

You could shorten it to 'pressganged by sellswords' and nobody would bat an eyeball.

Anything at all.

>mildly less grimdark Guts
I don't see the issue

Meant as a reply to

>the dead have no kin.
Then who the fuck comes to funerals?

I think the big problem is that he has a lot of implied previous experience and a lot of your own setting to splice into someone elses, like what if a DM doesn't wanna have a band of mercs known as 'the royalty of steel'

Doubtful. They're literally made to be edgy torture machines with zero moral compass.
They as an entire species enjoy torture and are physically incapable of understanding morals though they can mimic them to lure prey.
Age isn't a thing either they'll kill kids and only view it as a lesser meal for their effort via size.

Also keep in mind this guy makes them sound edgier than they are, the game is cutesy and aims to be comfy so they're not exactly SCARY SPOOKY

They cannibalized the first contacters and then got angry because they couldn't understand why the other species got angry they ate the first contact team.
They're biologically sociopathic and the only reason they have diplomatic relations is they pretend to have morals because they made the connection that at least acting like they have them means they won't be sanctioned back to their planet and are therefore free to travel and eat other sentients out of eyesight. They actively hunt and seduce prey off the beaten path just so there won't be witnesses and this is every member of the species that has these leanings.
That torture line about only kids having mercy? Thats an ingame line.

I kind of want to do the opposite of standard character creation conventions. It seems everybody is trying to have some badass background character story to be strong, independent, and ultimately super capable. Every character I've encountered has been young and yet somehow adventuring forever, and their families are nowhere to be found.

With all this in mind, I want to create a 40 year old homebody who lives with his wife and kids. He works a relatively simple occupation as a blacksmith and merchant, comfortable in his life in his hometown that he has never left, and has no real personal reason to leave or travel or abandon his family. A simple man devoid of vice and relatively content with his life, and content to live it in obscurity

Something to stand in contrast to all the young blood warriors and wizards seeking greatness.

>Vorefags

But then what is the point of being in an adventuring party? Why even play if you're going to do and be nothing of note?

starbounder.org/Floran

You're putting words in his mouth.
There's nothing there saying that he's not going to do anything of note or be anything of note. The fun part, in fact, is roleplaying (remember, this is a roleplaying game - you come for the roleplaying and use rolls to help it along) exactly how such a person acts in the company of adventurers and mercenaries, and how his own view on life or circumstances might change.
I can bet you that I can make an interesting character who spends his whole life in Peoria working a video store counter, with no magical abilities, no other qualifications and no important contacts - just someone who's interesting because of his personality and circumstances, not because he has a special sword or special powers.

Damn. My character has some similarities isn't THAT far gone. Besides, she's the only one from her tribe that eats sapient flesh, though now that she's an assassin (even edgier!), touring the Wheel, getting cool eats, improving her hunting skills, and telling her tribe all about it in the various messages she sends, I could see a DM using that as a plot point for the dryads in her Grove, turn to mercenary and assassination to get dosh AND cool new meat, turn more sociopathic as time went on...

Not a vorefag. Just want to play a plant person that REALLY creeps out her friends, despite her aggressive friendlines. That and to consume my foes.

I unironically love the idea of playing a half-demon. The usual tropes of resisting demonic influences would all apply, but my main idea would be that he has to take daily anti-rejection meds like an organ donor recipient or suffer a painful death. An outcast due to the horns and hellish powers, he's forced to turn to crime for medication funding until he meets the party...

Also, once he's finally accepted and no longer evil by necessity, he would open up an orphanage for other demonic children because of course he would.

I wound talk to my DM before game, and leave it to him to introduce a catalyst to spur the necessity of partaking in the party. I guess the main aspect of this character to me is he's not actively trying to seek something out, but rather reflexively responding to situations as they arise. He doesn't seek greatness, he wants to return to his status quo.

What would turn me off is the fact that you're playing a character whose only flaws aren't his fault and who's on a mission to eliminate even those flaws and do something almost parodically good because he's just that nice (and you even decided it in advance).
Drop some flaws in there and don't get off so heavily to the martyr aspect. For example, make him bitch and whine about how he wants to get rid of his demon powers - but as soon as the party gets faced with a real choice to redeem him, he waffles and makes up martyred stories because he's grown attached to his moral carte blanche and his powers.

>Fuckin whiners didn't like it that I knew how to game the system ;)
>;)
Yeah, no wonder they didn't like you, you stupid smug sack of shit.

Yeah but like who is this fucking guy, how did he wind up so fucked up and whats he like?

A nun from a secret church order where acolytes bind powerful demons into their own bodies; because demons can't be summoned while they're already inhabiting someone else, this effectively turns themselves into living prisons for these fiends, leaving them unable to return to Hell or be summoned elsewhere. Powerful rituals, prayers, and wards help keep the human host under control of their body, even as it warps and twists under the demon's influence to resemble the fiend imprisoned inside them. They spend their time studying fiends and writing down the best ways to combat them, stealing knowledge from their "guests", including a book listing the True Names of all the demons they've had to deal with.

This nun has a powerful succubus queen inside her that not only restores her youthful beauty but also threatens to take over her body, because the fiend is too strong for the wards to safely contain. Because of this, she counts as both Lawful Good and Chaotic Evil, and her personality shifts between the kindly, scholarly nun and the rapacious demon.

The trouble in this case, apart from the obvious magical realm, comes from the fact that I've got no idea what class this character would be (sorceress? cleric? mystic theurge?) and no idea on what triggers the personality changes.

Keep trying, user.

>playing stupid-good cleric
>constantly arguing with evil shithead warlock who literally wants to burn down every village we come across for one reason or another
>pick a fight with a goblin, who turns out to be jacked as hell and nearly kills us
>agree that we're fucked and that we should make a run for it
>after the warlock takes off, I make a bid to buy her time which ends with my character incapacitated and about to get curbstomped
>warlock comes running back and manages to finish off the goblin over two rounds of extremely fortunate rolls
>drags the cleric to safety while bitching at him about how he doesn't have permission to die

Of course, all of those pretty much goes without saying.
This lady is possum living alone out in the woods and has only one requirement: If it's dead, it goes into the pot. One should have high CON as druid anyway, and yeah spellcasting, so disease is not a deal.

I fucking hate this and yet I'm morbidly intrigued.

I mean, if they're so susceptible to their demonic sides whats the fuckin' point at all? a cute way to handle that might be the impotent demon halves are capable of taking very minor control leading to bouts of evil tourettes, maybe even the dreaded 'redemption' word going down.

I like the concept but your fetishes are garbage so I'mma say no.

Good morning inquisitor was your stasis restful?

Add some kung fu ass-kicking and she's good to go.

I wish to play an awaken house cat. Make it a Necromancer.

Have a Bear familiar I could ride on. While assembling my Skeleton army.

CE sounds dumb for a succubus, and is impossible to have in a player group anyway. Just make it LE, makes for much better rp prospects too.

Monk. High DEX and STR dump goes well with the "qt young girl" persona you're trying to make. Hermit background, high WIS and a disciplined order lifestyle also fits the character concept.

While I agree with you, CE is kind of canon for succubi, isn't it? Because they're demons?

Never really thought of a monk. I didn't think a physical class would suit them well. Though if the source of their magic comes from demons, it would probably make sense for them to not use it except under exceptionally dire circumstances.

I think they're LE in 5e now.

A druid.

I have a debilitating transformation fetish.

NE. They're neither demons, nor devils now. Nor, in fact, daemons

Go back to your pond you smug, three-eyed, baby kidnapping bastard.

Staying on topic - and on that note - I find it hard to play smug or assholish characters. I'm always afraid I'll go to far.

8/10, would play with and teach how to love.

Don't be jealous we aren't backwater weeds who had to steal everything they have.
Go eat a cock i hear your people eat all parts of the body.

Reinhard makes a great DMPC analog. He's absolutely busted-tier powerful with just enough personality to be distinguishable as a character, but he can't help out the PCs and solve their problems all the time because he has other shit to do / is buried in paperwork.

>Tfw your friends regularly play characters who are either devoid of morality or very foolish and silly if not lolcrazy
>Tfw you just want to play a character who is good natured and responsible
>Tfw when you try to roleplay and make some progress in the story only to be interrupted by their antics(I.e. someone set fire to the building with the evidence we needed...again)
I'm surrounded by madmen and heretics. I know how you feel.

I played a Drow as the Drow canonically act, once.
The other players called her an edgelord and retarded because she tried to convince them to betray their employer (just by stealing it mind you, not by killing anyone) so that a powerful artifact would be in their hands instead.

We have had so many sessions of party conflict and the DM trying to keep a lid on it, that we've mostly forgotten what the actual story was, and the city we're in must nearly be levelled at this point.
Between me as the Cleric, and the Paladin of the same deity my friend is playing, we both just want to go out, slay dragons, do dungeons, and have those role playing moments in the camp-site.

Funny, because I had a similar idea, but with a human. Although mine would be more "hyper-Wendigo".

GARROSH, YOU ARE NOT FIT TO RULE THE HORDE

Oh, I never really put much thought into the character. I just know I like the idea of half-demons that never really match up, and even uttering the idea to my group gets nothing but eyerolls.

Honestly?
With the exception of that last bit, I don't see an issue with this character, as long as you try to avoid causing OOC conflicts with how you play them

Mind you, that may be because I've wanted to play a similar "You eat what you kill" concept also

Again I feel you. We can't get through a session without an in-character argument.
>No, don't burn down the serial killer's house, it's a crime scene
>No, don't kill the mayor for his corruption, I have the authority to take him into custody
>No, don't turn the bodies of the missing people into skeletons, we need to return these to their families.
>No, don't feed the necromancer to his own zombies. There's a reward for bringing him in alive.
And there's more. And I've been overruled by the rest of the party every time. I'm like an exasperated father trying to herd a bunch of kids who have way too much fun aggravating me.

At least the group appreciates that I keep us on track, but I'd like to play a whimsical character for a change. Like a silly English knight: "nothing like a rousing bit of demon slaying to get the blood up, I say, what what". But if I did, we'd never get anything accomplished.

Currently doing a similar idea, actually, except it's spread between two campaigns set 14 years apart.
Character A was a badass swordsman who helped prevent Tiamat from being summoned and given a giant "fuck you I'm a god" body made of gold and gemstones.
Character B is his angsty cleric daughter with daddy issues, just out to make a name for herself.
Character A hasnt died yet, but knowing my GM, given the fact that he was run out of the city he raised his daughter in he's either already dead or he'll be most of the way there when we find him.

You forgot to mention something.

While a diet high in raw meat can actually avoid scurvy, even with a low consumption of vegetables, etc., human meat doesn't work to do that. This is because most animals synthesize their own Vitamin C, while humans (and guinea pigs, interestingly enough), don't.