Let's create a setting where "you are what you eat" is taken more literally

Let's create a setting where "you are what you eat" is taken more literally.

so alot of people would be dicks

>cannibal society
>everyone slowly start looking like each other

>they begin to eat those that are not like the rest
>they begin to eat those that are not equal to them
>technology increase leads to computers
>then to AI
>then to singularity
>massive bio-technological AI designed to eat the universe
>or die being eaten

Like this?

i never made a setting like this but i had a race, they were like this.

They became what they ate, if they ate animals they would become less intelligent and eventually turned into animals themselves, if they ate humans, ofthen in their feral state , they would become more like humans.

Which lead to some interresting bits like animals hunting for humans only to take their place, for them to only realize the consequences of their actions after the deed was done.
Some of them living among civilized society perfectly integrated, which always meant that they were slaughtering people in secret, kind of like non gay vampires.

Sounds a lot like Kroot.

That's the Tcho Tcho

Kirby: The setting

I mean, it's pretty simple. Everyone's pretty much stating it: wendigo type power.

>mmaybe a stroud with virus on it, maybe post apoc. Either way, mutated genetics
>the ones infected/mutated actually gain energy,ecstasy, strength from eating humans
>que highlander, eating the top predators grants more satisfying power
>however, the more you gain, the more you need to be sated
>darks outs type shit: powerful? Better keep devouring others or risk becoming a mindless eating machine
>regular humans recruit entities to combat this. Often times lesser devoured that can stand toe to toe if backed up

Allows for players to pick a side:hungry power mongers looking to stop from going insane, or the counter squad looking to wipe these people out (I imagine like vampire hunter D, where when he slays the last, they have orders to slay themselves). Can be at the start of the outbreak, or towards the end.

Playable? Super Baisic "players are the spotlight" story but it could be fun for a group of newbies

haha then i would be a PUSSY >:^)

Somehow I do not doubt that

I wanted to run a game in a setting where things went according to stupid logic and sayings.

Like the best defense is a good offense. So you would wear armor made from knives. And since that would mean the best offense is a good defense, then you'd attach a hilt to a tower shield and have the most powerful sword in the land.

>you are what you eat
>wanting to eat something you don't view as equal

convoluted, self referencing logic is the best logic

>eat them and gain their powers
so every barbarian ever,
with a side of highlander?

Yes.

It is nature to eat something that is lesser than you.

If you had to hunt your equal every time you wanted a meal, you would have a 50% chance to survive. Every. Meal.

So if "you are what you eat" was taken literally, life would be a slow and steady decline into inferiority.

Maybe instead of aging, people simply degress into animals.

Warlords and kings would be cannibals who live forever, and constantly seek out powerful warriors to consume.

>vassals promise quantity of power, in exchange from scraps from the king's table
>with such numbers, the king can easily subdue his equals
>eventually the king is the strongest in the land
>he is invincible, and even the stealthiest assassin cannot slay him
>soon he eats all the assassins, and nothing is slier than he
>a riddler tricks him out of his land
>the king begins eating the riddlers and sages
>then a change
>he seeks wise men and scholars, but he does not eat them
>instead he has them teach
>the students become like cattle, but fat in the mind instead of the body
>when one bests him at chess, the student beings teaching, and the king eats the teacher
>clearly his earlier meals wised him from waste
>the king is strongest and wisest man in all the land
>no one speaks of the king's food taster

That's what roguelike games often do.

>Eating your veggies