I came here from /v/ to tell you to never preorder games

I came here from /v/ to tell you to never preorder games

With the vidya industry being what it is, you can never trust game devs to deliver what they promise without some for of refundable or free demo or beta to try the game out first

Wait for reviews of the game, even if they're beta reviews. Games with the best sounding premises have the farthest to fall, and initial reviews will often give an idea of game quality. Look at both player reviews and trusted video game reviewers such as TotalBiscuit or Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation.

Triple A Game Review websites like IGN or Polygon ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED, THEY CAN AND HAVE IN THE PAST SOLD OUT FOR GOOD REVIEWS. Also, many of their """"""""""reviewers"""""""""" are casual scum with no knowledge or skill regarding the game in question. See the Polygon Doom gameplay for a perfect example of just how shit they are youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

When playing the beta, DO NOT FORGIVE POOR FEATURES SIMPLY BECAUSE ITS A BETA. if you do not like a feature, tell the devs by sending them a email/message, making a post on the official forums and posting a negative review to the game directly if using a service that allows game reviews such as Steam

Again, DO NOT PREPURCHASE. I'm hype as fuck for the game too, but DO NOT FALL FOR AAA GAMING TRICKERY, AAA GAMES AS A WHOLE ARE TZEENTCH LEVELS OF BACKSTABBING CUNTS

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/itskusoge
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>AAA GAMING TRICKERY,
If Streum On are a triple A studio, I'm a monkey's uncle.

The point still stands

No Man's Sky devs were indie and that went to shit, Vermintide's launch was a clusterfuck and the game turned out as a reskinned Left 4 Dead with a dead community

Wait before buying

>Pre-order Deathwing

>It's good
>Got it at a discount and get a neat little bonus item
>Keep playing

>It's shit
>Get a full refund through Steam
>Move on to something else
>Devs know consumer doesn't care for their shit because they know people wanted the game but are getting refunds

What's Steam's refund policy nowadays?

2 hours game time, or 14 days after purchase, whichever comes first.

What prompted the refund policy changes? I know a good number of the indie/greenlight stuff has gone tits up and am wondering if it's related to the refund changes

Court case tried in Australia set a precedent they had to respond to. It's difficult to have a platform like steam that has localized policies, so they changed it across the board.
You're welcome.

And it should be noted that even beyond those limits, you can still apply for a refund and are likely to get one.

>>It's shit
>>Get a full refund through Steam
You have less than 2 hours to determine whether the game is shit or not.

Bullshit. I've tried to refund three games less than 4 hours past the play limit and they've denied it each time.

Can you go back to /v/ and stay there?

what and said

steam refund policy does not give you enough time to determine if a game is good. You'll still be hyped up for the two hours you play and could very easily come to see any problems it might have later on

just trying to save you money m8

preordering is a terrible idea that promotes devs hyping a game as much as they can with theatrical trailers and promises they can't keep then letting players down with unfinished or unpolished content

Remember Vermintide, and how terrible it was on release, and ask yourself how many players will be playing this game in two months or a year

>Again, DO NOT PREPURCHASE.
So much this.
Not just for video games but for anything. How the hell did we get to such a point where the average consumer feels that they should give a company money for promises to be delivered at some uncertain future date. Especially when those promises have a little disclaimer on them that reads "non-final version, features subject to change", your literally paying real money for smoke and mirrors. It's fucking stupid.

>It's difficult to have a platform like steam that has localized policies,

And yet they don't have any problems having localized prices.

You act like we dont already know it will be like E.Y.E.

>I came here from /v/ to tell you to never preorder games
Thanks my fellow /v/edditor, I'll preorder right now!

Well, they are selling Mordheim and Battlefleet Gothic Armada at nice discount, so Deathwing can wait.

Still, go back into the /v and never come back.

>Everyone is having fun with discounted Veeky Forums related games, and I'm just sitting here with a low-end toaster running on linux

I feel a bit jelly

>not believing guys who made E.Y.E
The game won't be good, the game won't be bad.

We exactly know how it is going to turn out.

And I trust french

Can you run Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon, now with Da Orkz Campaign, on Linux? Nice turn based Panzer General clone, if you liked Rites of War, Chaos Gate and Final Liberation* also bonus points for nostalgia.

Could be run on calculator, not sure about Linux though.

*all of these are available on GOG

>are casual scum
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND I stopped reading. Go back to /v/

Keep in mind that's when it's "No questions asked", if a game starts breaking down and suffering horrible bugs 10 hours in, they're much more likely to consider your refund request.

They're processed manually, remember.

Exactly we know what we are in for. Sternum didn't lied to us yet, and unlike No Man's sky it doesn't try something entirely different.

Nope that's windows too. Not to mention it's not on sale at all.
At least I have the original Space Hulk, with extra campaigns.

I just don't know If I should purchase now, and wait four months till I get back to my big computer, or wait until winter/christmas sale

There may well be a sale at the end of october too. A real one that may see it discounted more than shitty ones now.

>And I trust french

I hope you can read it too or half the game will be an obtuse mess.

Goddamn i love EYE

>half the game will be an obtuse mess
I thought that's what gave it's lore a kick? Same as Dark Souls; vague and mixed enough to get your imagination going.

Although on a serious note; it's an already established setting, I don't know what they can mess up.

Does mordheim still have those horrible loading times? I remember playing it long ago, and while it was decent when you played it, waiting 5-10 minutes on loading scree was not.

I've been wondering about that too- unlike 'bonuses', getting a discount is always more tempting. But I probably will hold off- just to be safe. The games industry has been fucking up a lot lately.

When it was done right sure. But far too much of it was lost to a botched translation job. Unlike darksouls where research and speculation revealed more interesting hints and the implication of a greater whole, EYE takes work to figure out even what the hints say on a surface level, let alone if or what they hint at. It shares some aspects with darksouls storytelling, but basically falls WAY short, even with a better job of telling and translating itself it'd still be far off, but it'd be better than it is.

steamcommunity.com/groups/itskusoge

Oh I was joking when I compared it to Dark Souls. I love EYE but it's a complete mess. It needs a sequel to draw any kind of well-funded conclusion, because you can literally nail any interpretation on it.

but Deathwing already has a well-established background, and it doesn't look like the game played for the plot.

It's okay, dude, he actually does know what he's talking about. /v/ is an awful place full of awful people, but what he said there is true. It's a bit off, though.

Being casual isn't necessarily a bad thing, but what he meant is that the people he's talking about are just plain bad at video games. I don't just mean when it comes to skill, but also learning and comprehending video games. These are people who don't WANT to learn how to play video games, and who despise people who play video games.

And never ever fucking ever buy early access.

and if you buy DLC for an early access game then you need to kill yourself.

Didn't some french-speaking user say EYE is exactly the same mess in french?

Yeah, apparently the New Eden stuff is the only stuff without clusterfuck. To compensate, it's so damn deep it might as well be a fucking mess too.

Don't worry, I have my canard PC suscribtion, with retarded yet spot-on reviews.

Your objection has been noted. You may go now.

>pic
That applies more to the "Game is good/a steaming pile of shit" side of things, /v/ will shit on a decent game just because it's popular with the Normie's and praise a shit game just because it's niche. Not preordering should just be common fucking sense.