Its all Cygnar now, abandon all hope, tier lists wont fix anything, no design space for Skorne

Its all Cygnar now, abandon all hope, tier lists wont fix anything, no design space for Skorne.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5e4p5
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

OP have fucked up with the thread name but who cares lol.

Reminder that Skorne is fun. FUN.

>FUN

Quiet you son of a bitch, they're going to nerf Cygnar, Joe, the Hellmouth, and Sentry Stones. Then they'll give Skorne a spicy new meme caster and everything will be fine.

Yeah and buff all the weak units aswell.
This is me in pirate outfit. Look at my smile. LOOK AT IT!

Skorne doesn't need new casters, it needs infantry support. There are so few defensivw buffs for infantry in Skorne you wouldn't believe it. Xerxis has defender's ward, Zaal has some shit, but that's it. There's some shit to increase defence against shooting and magic, but seriously that stuff is useless as fuck. There's also no UAs worth caring about except maybe Vorkesh, which forces you into using Xerxis because Cetrati need to be a brick these days.

What I'd give for a Nihilator UA.

JUSTICE FOR CRYX

But Cryx is still good. Sorry you can't spam Meme Thralls anymore or camp 20 focus on Terminus and derp your way to victory.

Cryx is dogshit, unplayable trash tier.

The only consolation is in a Cryx vs Skorne tournament Cryx still wins, so if punching cripples is your thing the faction is still fine I guess.

Joe won't get nerfed as he's the only reason the WGRC and rockets are worth taking and Legion now seems designed around the Hellmouth.

Skorne is good, you just have to ignore that the faction has infantry then spam heavies and solos.

(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Agonizer [7]
Tyrant Zaadesh [4]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

Like nigger tell me what you're going to do against that TELL ME. Zaadesh's Gladiator can go up to P+S22 at MAT8. Go ahead, shoot a Gladiator off the table. There's more where that came from.

>designed around the Hellmouth

>They won't cripple a unit that everyone in faction already bought and make them pay for new stuff
>They won't mess with a mechanic that the whole faction is designed around
>MK 3 won't be a bi-annual cycle of nerfing linchpins and buffing shelfwarmers

Hungerford was possessed by satan so gradually I never even noticed

>Cryx will get buffed in the erratas
>The erratas will not be released until everyone has gone out and bought extra Satyxis and Mercenaries

No wonder you guys couldn't stay in Ios...

Yeah, it's hard to tell he's the devil now.

You have no Shield Guards for Morg. He's just going to get shot/spelled to death the turn after the Gobbers die.

Skorne doesn't even need new models. Put the "Stir the Blood" +2 damage to first melee attack on the TyComm Battle Plans...

>well, he'd still cost 6 points

You'll never get those buffs man.

Skorne infantry is meant to die man, that's the faction's central tactic.

What you might see is getting actual value out of their deaths.

...I don't really want new skorne models. I want the models that already exist to be better.

So resin confirmed then?

Might be resin + metal mix.

Still, it's a great looking models. Almost all their Gargs are. Such a shame they can't write rules for them for shit.

If it looks good, the rules don't NEED to be good. You'll buy it anyway. Only when the sculpt is shite does to model need to be OP.

Ah, Madrak2. The doughiest of the dough-faces.

I guess they don't need to be good, but given how Warmachine is a competitive focused game, it will do a lot to actually see it on the table.

There's no reason it's rules should be as bad as it is.

Soooo... Madrak3 is already confirmed to be unplayable trash. That's nice

>The iconic Trollblood chieftain Madrak Ironhide returns. Having finally freed himself of the cursed axe Rathrok, the latest version of Madrak trades in brute aggression for stalwart defense. Nowhere is this more apparent than in his feat Rallying Cry that boosts the Trollbloods' already legendary toughness, preventing friendly Faction models from becoming knocked down; causing Tough rolls to pass on a 4, 5, or 6; and allowing models who successfully pass a Tough roll to advance 3". In addition, Madrak has the Protective Aura ability, allowing him to grant the same protection to his army as a Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribe unit!

>Super Tough and Reposition as a feat
>In a game full of infantry and tough hate
>Needs to camp all his fury for an aura
>This is fine

Resin with some pewter parts

Well, they upped his Fury stat at least, one would hope.

Otherwise: as soon as they nerf Madrak2 into an unmarked grave, I'd like to be the first to officially welcome trolls to the Skorne-tier of factions.

Well, we don't know any of his other abilities/spells so its too early to say he's "trash."

But, Trollbloods being the way we are, I'm not hopeful for anything great or interesting. Protective Aura will do what it pretty much always does: protect himself and his battlegroup. You don't need to have a lot of fury on Madrak-3 to make use of PA.

His feat sounds... okay. It wants him to run infantry, but Troll infantry is pretty garbage across the board, so I don't feel to excited right now for him.

So muh Cygnarans are OP now, or what?
How are my terrorist elves?

>How are my terrorist elves?

Cryx.

Top Tier
Cygnar, Khador, Retribution

Mid Tier
Everyone Else

Low Tier
Skorne, Cryx

More or less how things are at the moment.

would go great with Trolls' deadly light beasts and ranged infantry :^)

>Low Tier
>Cryx

>Skorne Tier
>Skorne

>Low tier
>Cryx

Man, this sucks. In a vacuum Cryx is totally fine. They're fair and they play really well, but the current meta is so shooting heavy they just don't stand a chance against the larger scene.

Kinda sad

It's funny because it's true.

Cryx was nerfed into the ground, or at least into sanity- which doesn't exactly confer any competitive advantages.

Skorne was never fully compiled. Simply being *bad* would be an improvement.

Convergence belongs in the top tier.

Just not enough people play them for people to notice.

The best part will be if he doesn't have the extra abilities of the Krielstone UA, so people will be taking it with him anyways.

It's hard plastic. BoLS posted a picture of the sprue.

Here it is.

The Convergence dual kit has been great, as well as their TEP, so the bird will likely be very nice as well.

Now if they'd only stop releasing absolute trashed lightning themed huge base models, we'd be living the dream.

I want to play Bart Double Galleon. Will this still work?

It seems like all the new colossals are going to be hard plastic duel kits aswell

Let's get this thread going again with a wonderful, perfectly objective and positive listing of everything we don't like about our main faction.

> Chronicler got 1" reach, but Skinner didn't.
> Madrak-1 and Jarl got worse.
> Scouts still do nothing and die to a stiff breeze.
> Sluggers still do nothing and die to a soft breeze.
> Sons of Bragg got worse so that Champions would look better. Neither unit is worth anything much.
> Slag Troll hasn't got an animus.
> Night Troll may as well not exist.

>Tartarus is supposed to have the combined abilities of Bane Knights and Thralls
>still has Stealth

Just remove Stealth from him PP.

No. It already takes 2 everests of skill to play him and the rest of cryx

Cryx has been demoted to fluff army status, they might as well follow fluff all the way.

>deliverers got nerfed. You know, the guys you never saw at all.
>Avatar can be disrupted
>no more def 18 daughters
>still no native pathfinder jack

>Destroyer still isn't very good compared to other options
>Spriggan costs too much
>Winter guard infantry are kinda pointless
>Manhunters are still kinda boring
>Old Witch and Harkevich kinda lackluster
>Manowar units outside of shock troopers are still bad
>Kossites still bad
>Our cavalry is awesome but costs too many dollars

That's all I got

Oh, and what the fuck did they do to my drago

IMC is down to Ragnor and Kaya2.

My completely baseless, no-further-information-at-all guess is that they locked themselves out of Madrak2 and Wurmwood getting there.

God, Drago sucks now. I love his model and fluff, but he's really pointless now, even with Vlad.

IMC?

Intermountain Cup

>> Chronicler got 1" reach, but Skinner didn't.

It's okay, Skinners got Weapon Master to compensate, remember? :^)

Well, it is true of Jay Larsen's trolls at least, but that part of it is a sucker's bet.

And he's won the IMC.

I love Larsen that way; he is a complete, total, unabashed douche. If it is OP, he will find it, play it, and say as much about it as the wall of sound from other players of the same jank saying it's balanced drowns out his words.

AND ALL DIRE TROLLS GOT EXTRA HEALTH

EXCEPT THE EARTHBORN, HE DIDN'T BUT HAHAHAHAHA HE DOESN'T REALLY COUNT AS A DIRE TROLL DOES HE?

NO OF COURSE NOT! HAHAHAHAH

>If it is OP, he will find it, play it
Well, sure. It's a tournament. Play to win.

Except the average army doesn't have much that can avoid tough. It exists, but that doesn't mean it's common.

>, it needs infantry support
Like that guy who gives all your troops tough?
Or maybe like the tyrant commnader?
Or the slave driver lady?

>Like that guy who gives all your troops tough?

One living unit tough, opportunity cost of not getting a puppetmaster

>Or maybe like the tyrant commnader?

One unit gets Pathfinder. Six points.

>Or the slave driver lady?

Hang your head in shame.

>One living unit tough, opportunity cost of not getting a puppetmaster
FA2
>One unit gets Pathfinder. Six points.
Or +2 movement as long as you don't press forward. Or free stand ups. And a pow 12 weaponmaster for late game.
>Hang your head in shame
Faction purism doesn't even make sense here since she is a super fluffy model.

>>Spriggan costs too much
The spriggan is fine, it's an Arm 21 heavy with reach weapon, bulldoze and utility flare. It's paying for above norm defensive stat, longer threat and utility.

The real fucking issue is that Torch exists with targeting flare for some fucking reason. Why not fucking smoke bombs? You know the thing that his master throws?

Shit like this is what riles me up about mkiii balance. There's always something bad because of redundancy. I can forgive Kossites being bad because they at least have the excuse of being a very unique piece in a Khador army.
It's the reason I really dislike the duplicated animi and duplicated point costs in beasts in Hordes. It's so fucking obvious what's good and what's bad since so many things overlap and you can just objectively count the numbers for efficiency.

Why would any troll player play the impaler when the bomber gives the same animus, have better stats, higher damage at less than 2x cost? It's just so fucking stupid.

You are just skirting the issue instead of addressing them.

What issue? That your opponent can interact with your models?
Or that there is an oppurtunity cost to buffing your models?

maybe he's just a cryxfag who wants an easy button faction

Yes.

Doing other shit doesn't change the fact that it's expensive to do the shit in the first place.

Who in the right mind is paying 6 pts for pathfinder?

Get with the times grampa, Cryx is shit now.

Not skorne, because we have access to 4pt pathfinder with saxon.

You take the tycom for Press Forward

Is that the meme now? I'll wait to see the tier lists when the meta settles more.

>Why would any troll player play the impaler when the bomber gives the same animus, have better stats, higher damage at less than 2x cost?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only reason the Impaler is 11 points instead of 8 is because the Troll battlebox had to be rounded out to 30 points.

So mk2 destroyer syndrome

Cyclops Raider suffers the same thing.

And they couldn't be arsed to remove Ragnor's pts considering that he's actually good as a caster?

Points are more about limiting army size than any sort of balance concern anymore.

Not that WJ points have ever made any sense as a balance tool.

> Gators lost MAT, Pathfinder access, and HP.
> In return I get Pigs. I never asked for this.
> Can't pull fury off the vault, probably because pigs.
> Was excited for Iron Flesh change, but it was taken away.
> Jaga's still in a strange spot
> Troggers still bad
> More expensive version of Alexia with larger, easier to eliminate leader.
> No more throw shenanigans
> Boneswarm still useless (Animus:Locker, fixed)
> Crocdoc now has 0 synergy with Gatormen

I'm happy with ret this edition

> for some reason I now own 6 enigma foundries
> aurora is still essentially a meme castor
> our unique faction trait of prime number stats is no longer a thing
> it'd been 3 months and I can't find a single tournament list
> the fact that these shitty complaints are really all I can think of, but for some reason people don't still consider it god teir because no one is playing it for some reason

> Bart has 26 jack points. Battlegroup caster
> Alexia lost her spell hate for Spell Ward
> Boomies got gutted
> Backswing for nobody (ya feel me Khador?)
>Nick only gives WoS to Halberdiers instead of all Steelheads.

Nitpicky shit though, Mercs got so much better overall.

I think Aurora got a lot better, honestly, it's just the fact that no one plays, as you said. She's got an incredible assassination instead of a shitty one now.

Thats dumbass.
Impaler should have a place in lists.
Thats like one of the oldest Troll models.

>Top "Tryhard no fun allowed" Tier
Cygnar, Khador

>High "Always brings beer to game" Tier
Menoth, Trollblood

>Mid "Scoops if Turn 1 doesn't go my way" Tier
Legion, Cryx, Convergence

>Low "I play for fun" Tier
Circle, Mercs, Minions

>Skorne Tier
Skorne, Retribution

>Wurmwood's faction in "play for fun"

suuuure

Cryx can't deal with guns. The entire game is guns. Unless none of Cygnar/Ret/Khador/Legion's tier lists give them any benefits at all for taking anything with guns, AND Cryx gets a "lol u can't shoot me" tier it won't make a damn bit of difference.

Wow, that seems awful, why make pigs good at the EXPENSE of gators?

(I fucking love pigs but don't actually play the wargame so having half the faction lose their fun side really sucks. Can pigs and gators at least work TOGETHER now or still not really?)

That is wrong in so many ways.

The battlegroups are still limited based on the warlock, but you can mix and match all the units, solos, and engines.

Theme lists are such a shit way to balance a game anyway and if you have to nerf something out-of-theme so it wouldn't be broken in-theme you've fundamentally failed at game design.

So what is wrong and what do people most bitch about cygnar

People are assravaged by Caine and Sloan and have not yet realized that Haley2 is still queen.

>Menoth
>the "cool" faction

So you haven't played against pKreoss Redeemer spam yet?

> No more throw shenanigans

Wat. One of the Scottish WTC players entire gameplan is based around multiple heavies throwing Skarath at each other to get to enemy casters.

It's no longer Pigs or Gators, beyond their battlegroups, it's just minions.

Gators got better because they can bring all the pig stuff that they like having.

>pic
Le shitposte trollkine