What sorts of conspiracy theories are true in your setting?

What sorts of conspiracy theories are true in your setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

workandincome.govt.nz/about-work-and-income/regions/wellington.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cryptorepitllian elfoids living in the moon-prison of the Great Dragon.

And yes, the moon is getting closer.

>What sorts of conspiracy theories are true in your setting?

Literally every major conspiracy theory in my setting might be true, it's left ambiguous to give the party something to chew on.

Is the magical sword a focus for talking to god, or is the sword itself an intelligent magical item? We know it talks to the wielder and seems to know an awful lot about divinity, but is that because it's divine? Or simply picked up a lot of knowledge over the centuries?

All of them and none of them.

your mom

Would you like fries with that?

There actually is a face and several pyramids on Mars.
It's to erroded to garner much, and there hasn't been any major breakthroughs with the pyramids either. They were made but otherwise are completely solid rock in several distinct layers.

As none of us ever though to check it out, it would appear our DM has just left this plot hook alone.

There is a country. In it's capital city is a building called Freemason House. The name is clearly displayed on the outside of the building.
The government agency dealing with the unemployed, disabled and students has its main office in that city located on the ground floor of that building.

The country is actually under the influence of the Illuminati.

Oh wait, that's not in my RPG setting. That's New Zealand:
workandincome.govt.nz/about-work-and-income/regions/wellington.html

As for the Illuminati, I had one conspiracy nutter who told me that the street layout clearly showed their influence. Pointing out the blatant Freemason links confused him.

ur gaem sounds gay lol

Ha.

It's not like Freemason's pretend not to exist or something. That doesn't really strike me as odd unless we're already assuming freemasonry is a big spooky conspiracy.

There's actually a few, mostly related to the old history of the world.
>God is Dead
>God is still alive and kicking
>God is a scam by the government
They're all true, in a way. Just depends on how you interpret death.

Fuck, you got me.

The bombing of the Walreich House was an inside job.

King Louis XXIV was actually a child of maid in the palace.
The King's Mother was infertile so she adopted the child. That's why there is that same maid in nearly every photo ever taken of him.

The first true sapient AI system really did commit suicide.

The 'Robot War' actually happened. Twenty seven people, mostly civilian and police, died before it was stopped. It lasted two days and was resposible for the midyear crash in AI and robotics stock exchange. It wasn't due to missing 'the three laws' as this is a myth. It was due to malicious actions by the hacker group LΩDDITE.

Gwendolyn Blanc, the infamous monster behind the Grace Hospital incident, that saw all but one of the hundred and twenty-two medical staff killed or maimed, is innocent of all charges except one count of attempted grevious bodily harm, two counts of drug misuse, one count of possession of drugs and one count of willfull surgical malpractice.
Ms Blanc was not responsible for the incident but her actions through-out it left her as a scapegoat whilst the true story has been made secret.

What actully happen is still being investigated by the proper authorities.
However juristiction as of late have passed into the Department of Paranormal Crimes and Investigations.

The Kubris Road Massacare was racially motivated by the singular individual with no ties to any institution or orginisation. The Persi Government's early attempts to hide it was to avoid damage to their tourist market and as a side effect, implicated themselves.

There is no city in the sky.

There is no city in the ocean.

The near collapse of House Moloch and complete collapse of House Murduk, whilst under suspiciously similar circumstances and within a year of each other, are completely unrelated.

Moloch's collapse was mostly from financial ruin.
Murduk's was murder-suicide from their own family to save face in light of their failed military coup.

The Illuminati is real. Their main goal is to make sure humanity survives. That tech and magic they aren't ready for (as in, 'if we let them have it, they'll blow up two continents on accident') are stymied until the time is right.

The main gods were created by the first dragons, except for the god of war, his creation was a result of the first thoughts of conflict in the minds of said gods.

"The Last Dragon" is a sham, disinfo designed to convince the populace that there are no more dragons. And isn't it convenient that no one has seen her for 200 years? And you expect me to believe she's just been "sleeping" this whole time? WAKE UP SHEEPLE

The Drow are behind it. Whatever 'it' is.

>What sorts of conspiracy theories are true in your setting?
OP is a faget

The God of Creation is dead, and what remains of his body is going to destroy the universe.

The "volunteers" for the cyber-ghoul program may not all be willing, or convicts.

The Celestial Orders are not our allies, nor are actually friendly.

Pelor is Asmodeus.

The world is being run by sadistic ubergods for their own twisted amusement and they can appeal to the highest Master to change the rules of the universe by whining until reality is the way they want it.