You now regret living in the universe where Brian Blessed didn't play Tom Bombadil

You now regret living in the universe where Brian Blessed didn't play Tom Bombadil.

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Why-Hobbit-Wasn-t-Better-According-Peter-Jackson-95167.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wasn't he like 90 when they started The Hobbit?

Tom Bombadil wasn't in the hobbit.

Fuck you OP, that's an awful thing to do to someone.

I honestly don't think it would have added anything to the movie.

Let's revisit the idea when LOTR gets a reboot as a Netflix series.

>Tom Bombadil wasn't in the hobbit.

Well neither was fucking Radagast the Brown but that didn't stop Jackson from padding 3 movies with everything he could get his stubby fingers on.

He wasn't going to direct the hobbit. The studio contract-fucked him into it last minute after the guy they had originally dumped it on had a mental breakdown or some shit.

That's why it's a mess.

I thought he was in it? Briefly dealing with the bear man. No where near the extend of the movies. Perhaps I'm remembering that wrong.

>YOU are now reading this IN MY VOICE!

>GOLDBERRY'S MY WIFE! HA HA!

he takes a letter from saruman to gandalf in the fellowship of the ring. that's it.

I'm not necessarily *blaming* Peter Jackson, I just mean he threw the fucking kitchen sink at that shitshow and it should never have been made.

Even LOTR's extended editions only cover 1/3rd of the books and tonally they are completely different from the books.

You cannot pass.

Tom Bombadil would only make sense in a serialized adaptation. He brings the story to a halt if you features him in a movie.

oh fuck, that's perfect.

Don't you mean BRIAN BLESSED?

I... I do.
You're right.
My life feels empty now.

Nah man, doing the barrowdowns would of added nothing to the films except waste time.

Dont get me wrong I love the man and his sick rhymes but I'm very glad they cut him out.

Now a stand alone short maybe? Sign me up

>Old Man Willow was not charmed to sleep by the voice, he was scared shitless of the bombastic screaming nutcase running through the woods.

BRIAN BLESSED is truly BLESSED

Is that king richard the fourth I see?

Scared ents just make me laugh. Just like the catapult troll after Gotmog dodges that shot from the trebuchet at the start of the siege of minas tirith in the movie.

do a better job then or fuck off acting like you know how to get a movie finished on Veeky Forums

>You are now aware that Fangorn Forest that Old Man Willow was part of was not cut down, but gradually retreated in fear of the Bombadil Bellow of his morning dump.

>now
>implying I was not always living with such regret.

In my setting that I developed, I decided to model the Dwarven Kingdom after the United Kingdom. That way Scottish dwarves could be a thing but not omnipresent.
The High King of the dwarves lives in the land on the other side of the planet from the PCS they will likely never meet him but I decided long ago that he was essentially Brian Blessed.
And so he sits, ruling the Dwarven Kingdom in my mind, perhaps never to be used or experienced by a player.
But he is perfect.

It was a good idea to cut Tom you autistic dumbfucks.

You seem overly upset.

Perhaps you were mocked for asking, earnestly, why the Eagles did not just drop Frodo in to the volcano?

underrated

That is a fucking lie. I hate Tom Bombadil and would hate to see BRIAN BLESSED brought down by playing him.

I regret living in the universe where Brian Blessed didn't play Volstagg.

cinemablend.com/new/Why-Hobbit-Wasn-t-Better-According-Peter-Jackson-95167.html

Something that isn't mentioned in the article, there were originally going to be just two movies. I don't know if that decision was Jackson or the studio, but I think they would have been quite good cut down to two movies.

I'm trying to imagine his reaction waking up one morning and essentially being told he's been made captain of a ship currently at sea and moving under full sail. And on fire.

The movies are garbage and even jackson knows it. Stay butthurt.

Yes, but we may possibly live in the universe where Ron Perlman will get to play Cable.

he even brings the story in the books to a halt
tolkien wrote like 100 pages about the hobbits with bombadil, and then they fuck off without the meeting changing anything

I live in a world were BRIAN BLESSED was wasted in a shit role in Star Wars.

This makes me sad. Very sad.

I always thought he would do a wonderful Robert Baratheon

Jackson got fucked hard, I saw a thing about it. Basically they had way less time than they had with the LOTR movies, nowhere near as good of a crew, the props department was garbage in comparison and they weren't able to take as long to get sets and stuff done. Lots of the scenes werent' even storyboarded, they were just cut together in post production and fixed with CGI.

Jackson apparently got four hours of sleep a night the entire production, he was a nervous wreck by the end of it and he knew it was all going to suck shit, but he had no other choice.

Yeah I've though about this before.

>loud as fuck
>bearded larger than life man
>fucking mental and actually quite scary in a way
>you're okay with him being ridiculously loud though because he's kinda charming

Basically the same person.

He would have been an amazing Robert baratheon

didn't he OP

didn't he

They got magical seeds from Tom which they used to liberate Shire at the end.

you really think that would stop him?

This is man who jumped off tables in his 80's, was the oldest man to try to get up Everest and was back on stage an hour after having a heart palpitation.

As far as I understand, shit took too long to get started and Guillermo del Toro would've had to have sacrificed other shit while waiting for The Hobbit to get going, and he was unwilling to do so. It's too bad. I would really have liked to have seen his vision. Good or bad, it would've at least been distinct and not just a shitty version of LotR.

Fuck Tom Bombadil. He's extraneous bullshit.

There and Back Again, a Hobbit's Cut (which is the only edit of the Hobbit movies I've watched, and which is pretty aggressive in paring them down, measuring only about 3 hours long in total) really shows how much better the movies would've been with less bullshit in them. Its far from perfect, but its main flaws come from the editing process, itself. If the scenes were actually shot in a similar way in the first place, the movies could've been reasonably good without actually doing anything other than taking shit out.