'Don't die on me now father, the imperium still needs you' edition

'Don't die on me now father, the imperium still needs you' edition
Top gear IN SPESS sub-edition
Wasted plastic sub edition
Old thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)
mediafire.com/?f0c2pnieoijyrqk
mega.nz/#!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
wh40klib.ru/codex/Actually_codex_and_rule/Rulebook_7-th_ed_Eng.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ebt0BR5wHYs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How would one make a Great Crusade era list?

Lots of MkII and MkIII, as well as a good amount of Cataphractii, of course. But what else?

Where's the cheapest place to get b@c in the uk, including vat and shipping
Asgard is the cheapest I've found so far but Elemental Games is only 75p more and I can get metallic spray and green stuff there

Do we know what Golg looked like apart from wearing cataphracti plate and having a metal lid

Book 1 let Fulgrim have great crusade options but they dropped the ball after that
Basically just stuff that canonically happens during the great crusade, so Primarchs are no longer factioned as there are no factions to take

Although word bearers would be iffy as you still have some loyalist elements during even the heresy I believe, and if you were running a great crusade they could only take the ghal vorbak in like the last few weeks of the campaign

>Word Bearers would be hard to portray during the great crusade
Well, obviously, since this is a wargame, as opposed to The Sims.

But the early WB would still get the Ashen Circle and Chaplains. Maybe their LA rules would remain the same, just no access to their whole catalog of daemonic things.
And speaking of Catalogs...

/HHG/ goes as the subject, not as the name. And you didn't use pic related or any of its variants. REEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe I tried using the normal image but when I did it wouldn't make the thread, anyway it's still searchable if you type in HHG which is all that important

If you say so.

Now that we are well underway the heresy, does anybody still plays Late Crusade anymore? Back in the day when Loyal vs Traitor was only a suggestion.

Thread titel in all capital letters except the 2nd E in General

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can Boxnaughts still hold a candle to their larger Contemptor brethren?

I was told to ask here instead of the 40k thread.

I really want to get into warhammer, in space not fantasy, and I am wanting to know if there are any things I should avoid so that I don't piss people off.

I've had experiences in the past where it comes up that I am a woman and I either got into the game for a stupid reason, can't play well enough, or am just someone's girlfriend.

Are there any armies, cliches, or questions I should avoid at a LGS?

Tell us more about your LGS, is it a friendly meta or a competitive one?

What flavor of Marines are you interested in?

Things to avoid:
Not showering.
Being overly rude.
WAAC- Win At All Costs
Playing Tau.
Not thinning your paints.
Not cleaning your moldlines.
Not having fun.

Now, you're interested in Emperor's Children, yes? But without all the Chaos-y bits attached to them.

We all got here for a myriad of reasons. What's wrong with being a 30k woman?
>Are there any armies, cliches, or questions I should avoid at a LGS?
Don't bring 12 Phosphex rapiers and you won't be That Girl.

>Reading online, finds information that the name Alpharius comes from star Alphard (evidence: the brightest star in Hydra constellation, supposedly has another, smaller star hiding behind it)
>Checks Alphard on Wikipedia
>"the traditonal name comes from Arabic 'al-fard', meaning 'the solitary one' "

The outcome of Praetorian of Dorn was out there all along, apparently.

40k General really should be the ones helping you. We're kind of a more elite group, and starting with 30k with no knowledge of 40k doesn't really work out that well.

With that in mind, Kill Team might help you somewhat.

How cheesy is this kill team list? I never play 40k since all I do is collect but id like to use my new Death Watch models.

1x DW Sargent w. combi plasma and xenophase sword

1x DW w. shotgun and bolter instead of CCW

1x. DW w. stalker and bolter instead of CCW

1x. DW with infernus HB w. hellfire rounds

1x. DW w. cheese cannon

You're a human not a vagina so don't constantly mention it, don't make guns about 'ooh a girl's beating you', hook up after the game, be aware that some groups may have a no dating policy so they don't get split up, if a someone else brings up your gender don't immediately assume they're sexist, that's basically it

Oh and buy from discount online stores to save money and always be on the lookout for eBay, even if it is caked in paint you can strip it all off. Speaking of paint go to /wip and look up saint Duncan's videos there

They sent her here because she likes Emperor's Children but wants to play marines not purple cultists and daemons. Also apperently we are less spergy than them.

user, that's quite rude. She was pointed here because she likes 30k EC.

Wrong general, mate. You want 40k general, this is 30k brother.

>buy from discount online stores
yeah, if you want your LGS to close, ho ahead and do that

>Also apparently we are less spergy than them.

That's a joke and a half. We're just as Spergy. Even more sometimes.

Don't forget bringing Fulgrim without informing your opponent.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)

Here, take these! It's not safe to go alone.

Legion Army List
mediafire.com/?f0c2pnieoijyrqk

Legion book with legion rules and characters.
mega.nz/#!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

Warhammer 7th edition rulebook. Actual rules begin on page 454, iirc.
wh40klib.ru/codex/Actually_codex_and_rule/Rulebook_7-th_ed_Eng.pdf

I can't tell due to all of the technical language, and I didn't want to stay there and hover over them for an hour.

They seemed to be having fun, but there were some nerd rage moments.

EC, I freaking love the colors and the novel Fulgrim.

Yes, you must have seen my old post.
I am probably pure garbage at painting....

Good thing I don't know what those are.
There is real hate for just having tits and being in traditional male spaces. BEFORE you paint me as a SJW, that is all libtard crap and I disavow. However, I am just sensitive to hostility and it does exist a little bit.

I saw the new boxes with that, how is it different?

I don't really date, at all. So I won't assume sexism or anything as long as I am not singled out for it.

Awesome thank you

>relying on local stores for anything apart from paint
Anyway clubs are far easier to run than stores
>30k
>less spergy
How many aquilla threads have we had again

Welcome to the Horus Heresy. You'll do fine here.

>she likes Emperor's Children but wants to play marines not purple cultists and daemons
So why not just run a “totally not EC successors guys" chapter, like the red scorpions?
I mean, at this point practically every traitor legion has such a successor, except for maybe the word bearers and SoH

Most people are more than happy for people to hover and ask questions, as long as you aren't touching models w/o permission.

Kill Teams is a small format that runs 200 pts max. (Normal 40k games run at around 1500-1850pts, Normal 30k games run at around 2000pts)

You can buy a box of marines for 40$ and have a decent casual killteam. Good way to get started.

>I am probably pure garbage at painting....
Don't worry lass, everyone starts somewhere. Try to look up guides, and maybe in the future Saint Duncan of Warhammer TV shall bless us with a how to paint Emperor's Children video.

Also ask /wip/ for painting and assembling advice, and check out Warhammer TV's Duncan Rhodes and his tutorials.

user is more than likely referring to Herald of Ruin: Killteam, which consists of fan made rules, Zone Mortalis, or Strike Forces. Some say they're good for starting out, some say they aren't. Eh. Fun's fun, in my opinion.

For starting an army, you're going to want to purchase te Betrayal at Calth box set. Assemble and paint each marine individually and record your progress on the /wip/ threads.

>searching on a phone
>not the correct general image
>doesn't have hhg visible
nah, you fucked up and can't do things properly.

We need to reduce sperging levels and increase cozy levels. Tell me a story of how your last game went, /hhg/, it's raining outside my house and rain makes sleepy. Or tell me if you could change your legion's color scheme what would you change it to? I don't like Word Bearers but I'd change them into orange. Guys. Just imagine it. Betrayer's Orange.

I want to build an Iron Hands list because Iron Hands are the coolest.

Must Immortals really be taken in tens? I find it pretty bullshit that FW only sells them in fives if this is the case.

Eh, FW only sells everything in fives.

But realize this, the Iron Hands tactical marine set saves you approx. £50 due to all the crap they come with.

And this bothers me.

I like the purple and gold, would they still have that scheme?
I will have to try that.

So there is an official, and unnoficial version?

That is never going to happen. Butthurt IWfags, Butthurt Alphamemefags, Curze Shitposter(s), assorted other shitposter(s), it makes me miss the dubs Legion and Chicken Dinner days. By the time Inferno rolls around this will be a screaming wasteland and we'll never see book 7.

True. Lords of War and those superheavies people get to bring as Heavy support squads should be previously announced.

Also, I like that artist, and the Primarch minis should be more like his drawings. Or at least Mortarion's. And he also did moustache Dorn IIRC.

Huh, several anons asked for those books several threads each, yet it only took a woman's plea to hand it ASAP.
Thank you, and thank her.
Whenever the next thread is due, don't forget to add those links to the OP.

>There is real hate for just having tits and being in traditional male spaces.
Wow, that kinda sounds like a shitty """F"""LGS if you ask me.
>BEFORE you paint me as a SJW, that is all libtard crap and I disavow. However, I am just sensitive to hostility and it does exist a little bit.
Don't be sensitive. Some people will treat you like a dude, dude. Grow a spine.
...See?
Don't expect compassion or kindness, but accept it if it shows up. Most people don't know how to even talk to a woman.

>I am probably pure garbage at painting....
Watch out, too much self-deprecation can be tiresome.

>I identify as trans-allegheny
And 25% Apache helicopter ancestry? Kek.
...gotta google for allegheny.

I have a solution to the first two. It might be counter productive but is it possible to make to go into a Butthurt induced coma?

REDPILL ME ON 30K

Nah, Red Scorpions are grey and yellow. I'd say just stick with 30k and try out something like Zone Mortalis to get a feel for things before jumping into 3k points games and such.

Well, when the Forge World European Open Day rolls around in October and the IWs still haven't got anything while IFs get Huscarl Terminators, that will kill the IWfags.

As for Alphamemes, have Dorn kill Omegon as well. That'll really fuck them off.

>Purple and Gold
No, sorry. Which is why you were directed here, because the Emperor's Children are unique in their looks and color scheme. I assume you also like how ornate everything is on their special units and gear? That's a 30k thing for them.

>So there is an official, and unnoficial version?
Yes, however the official one is kinda meh for 30k, as in 30k units cost much more points than in 40k.

>Huh, several anons asked for those books several threads each, yet it only took a woman's plea to hand it ASAP. Thank you, and thank her.
I posted them last thread and a few threads ago. No one noticed.

Mate, using all caps and /pol/ memes will get you nowhere.

It's more balanced and there are no Tau. There.

>I like the purple and gold, would they still have that scheme?
I see no reason why not. Storm wardens are basically the world eaters color scheme but reveresed, so there's no reason it can't be done for EC. And blood ravens give no fucks, wearing nearly the exact same color scheme as they did when they were TS before the heresy.
Basically anything can be done for 40k, the real issue is fluffing it so it isn't to special snowflakey.
And with EC you already have the perfect chapter tactics through the red scorpions.

Deathwatch are the Special Forces of the marine which are already demigods. So they're expensive pointswise but absolutely brutal. Small model count but high damage.

Just do what you want, read more fluff, paint a little and see if you like it. It all takes time. And yeah, definitely buy discount on ebay and the like. This hobby is too damn expensive for full price constantly.

Lastly, see if you can find any friends to play garagehammer with. Playing at LGS all the time gets tiresome. People are garbage.

Well, at least did what our collective asses would not and posted a new edition even when you were phoneposting, so I gotta hand it to you.
Cheers.
>So why not just run a “totally not EC successors guys" chapter, like the red scorpions?
Some dude was playing Shining Blades or something.
>it's raining outside my house and rain makes sleepy
It's nice when it rains. It makes me think about phosphex, however. Pools of liquid fire...
> I don't like Word Bearers but I'd change them into orange
Muh favrit color.
Is "redpill me on X" /pol/'s version of "Sell me on X"? Red pill like the Matrix' Blue & Red pills?

Manly marines, manly(?)cults, manly militias, manly space operators, manly technophiles and their robots are duking it out in the Thunder Dome.
I don't want to kill them. I want to them to become so Butthurt they can't become Butthurt anymore.

I don't know what the red scorpions are like, what is their specialty?

I will see how much it might cost to get into 30k.

Garagehammer meaning not at a LGS but with friends?

Spoiler for me?

Spoiler what?

Dorn kills Alpharius. The real one.

I don't get it.

>It's nice when it rains. It makes me think about phosphex, however. Pools of liquid fire..
You and I like different kinds of rain. m.youtube.com/watch?v=ebt0BR5wHYs
Their FW's object of lust, and they're big on purity. They have docmarines in charge of squads instead of sergeants I think.

>Which is why you were directed here, because the Emperor's Children are unique in their looks and color scheme.
Not even close to true. There are multiple loyalist chapters who rock purple and gold, like this fellow of the hawk lords. The whole not having all the special bling is true, but that's the case for all 30k legions vs 40k equivalents.

Red Scorpions are a FW chapter that is extremely focused on Geneseed Purity and has alot of Relic stuff that a second founding chapter should not have access to. They are heavily implied to be a successor chapter made up of Loyalist Emperor's Children.

Yes, table in a basement or garage. I play with 5 other dudes every weekend almost and we drink and smoke weed and play whatever we want. 30k or 40k. It's easy to learn with friends and use proxies when necessary and no one gets butthurt.

I'd love/hate to see what 30k on Weed would be like.

>Storm Wardens are basically the world eaters color scheme but reveresed
No, that's false. Storm Wardens are a metallic colored chapter, and their scheme isn't really that close to the Warhounds.

>Is "redpill me on X" /pol/'s version of "Sell me on X"? Red pill like the Matrix' Blue & Red pills?
Not really, more of "Explain X to me in a way that makes sense and why I should care about it." Such as why basketball Americans commit crime would be because of gang culture, or why guns actually DO prevent crime, etc.

>Playing with friends?
Pretty much, yeah. I honestly doubt Red Scorpions are what you're looking for though.

>will see how much it might cost to get into 30k.
So long as you're not Australian, it's only a bit more expensive than 40k, and since GW released Betrayal at Calth, which has huge savings for a 1,000+ point army as well as a pretty fun game.

Thanks, I tried an edible pot brownie once. I ended up sweating so much it was ridiculous.

I am american.

That guy's more of a crayon purple and yellow than gold.

>I don't know what the red scorpions are like, what is their specialty?
There perfectionist. Esspecially in regards to gene seed. As in, they really really like having the purest gene seed.
To the point where they like to put apothecaries anywhere and everywhere, to kepp the gene seed pure. Chapter tactics wise, they auto pass pinning tests but can't go to ground or take camo cloaks, and any tac serg or vet serg may take a narthecium for free.
FW loves them.

Don't do drugs kiddies.

What the fuck!??!?!
Nobody noticed that shit?

>I am american
Well, that's good. No having to pay Australian/NZ prices for you then! Just remember to set your country to United States when looking at GW's shop, their stuff's prices vary by country/currency, and Australians pay premium due to being Australian.

Just remember that this is a pretty expensive hobby no matter what, but I find it relaxing, because painting the models and such is fun to me.

You haven't been here recently have you?

Different user, But when did it happen?

Heres the pre-heresy EC color scheme from the same edition.
Not too different, the color being a crayon purple and yellow is mostly because they don't bother with all the fancy and nice colors in the color scheme part appearently.

I like how they handle the concept of a pet character. Sure, they may be a little obnoxious due to having preferential tratment by FW, but Carab Culln has gone from Vet Sgt to Captain to Chapter Master, and he'll be a Leviathan in the new IA "Mechanicum vs Those Fucking Tau" book, which I can't wait for it to finally be published.

There were ALfags and other false flaggers gone wild.

I stopped reading HH around Vengeful Spirit.

When Praetorian of Dorn was released. The sheer butthurt of Alpha Legion fans was a terrible and beautiful sight to behold.

>THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM
Warlord Titan Culln when?

You definitely have slower games. But usually I can make it through fine, definitely forget a special rule here and there. It's part of our psychic phase. Gotta cast those spells bruh.

Probably never. I imagine he sacrifices himself/goes crazy at the end of Fires of Cyraxus and the other new character takes over as official Chapter Master.

That makes me sad, I loved the whole twin thing but that was it. Whelp, Thanks guys.

Least there Primarch did something then dying right off the fucking bat.

how do i make myself sit down and read the books?
I got to where Loken was inducted into the top 4 lunar wolves before falling asleep and putting the book on the shelf

Audio Books?

Read the good books, pump yourself full of 40k goodness

Betrayal at Calth is probably your best bet then.
150$ gets you 30 Tacticals, 5 Terminators 2 Characters and a Monopose Contemptor Dread

GW reboxed them for 150 for the Tacs alone

You may or may not use the Dread but Big models like dreads are nice to practice painting on and lets you have some time to get a color scheme you like set up and learn how to paint it.

I want to see the rules on that assault cannon arm and I want to know how many I can take.

I can imagine some really hillarious shit would happen, like narrating the game, or pretending to be the Marines as you move them around, bitching and complaining. Or making sound effects whenever rolling to hit.

Audiobooks are always some shitty text to speech though
which ones are good, i thought i just had to trudge through all of horus heresy then pick others

.... I do that shit when i'm sober....

I'll have to check them out.
I wanted to enjoy it, but I didn't sadly.
I'll see what I can start out with, and hopefully not have to turn tricks for it.

>implying I don't already do that

Angel Exterminatus is my favorite so far. I've heard Betrayer is great.

What legion are you?

>Audiobooks are always some shitty text to speech though

Not black library ones. Also, the fuck? When was the last time you listened to an audio book, the 80s?

New to 30k, but not 40k. Any explanation of the playstyles of the armies to help me make a decision?

Me too.

Check out 1d4chan.

well if she wants to play purple EC with EC fluff then 30k is really the only option, 40k EC are too pink and playing purple marines makes then not EC

>I want to see the rules on that assault cannon arm and I want to know how many I can take.
Twin linked Assault Cannon arm in 40k, I guess? And doesn't the Leviathan dread follows the "Relic of the Armoury" rule in 40k?
Srsly, I know the Red Scorpions (ayy) have a lot of 30k-issue stuff in their armouries due to being FW's pet chapter...but which is the canon reason?

I thought the "Fuck you, that's why" reason was already taken by the Minotaurs.

The armies play the same, yet different due to their legiones astartes rules, Rites of War, and special units.

Fists however, are quite similar to their 40k counterpart, but have one of the strongest melee beatstick characters in the game, the Emperor's Champion, Sigismund.

I'm assuming you play/interested in Fists from your pic.

Did you even read my post? The whole point was that practically every legion has a loyalist succesor. Given the precedent, there's no reason that one couldn't fluff up a loyalist successor of a traitor legion

Not that guy, the other newb here with an EC hardon.

I do like dorn, but the color seems hard to paint. What are the fists like for a noob?

But Fear to Tread's Audiobook version was so shitty I simply had to delete it from my phone, especialy since the female shipmaster, Horus, the aliens and the narrator all have the same fucking voice.
And Sanguinius' sounds like a tranny!

On the other hand, Butchers Nails...holy shit.
I still haven't deleted it, and I listen to it again from time to time.
I'm very glad those are Kharn's and Angron's canon voices.

Is that the difference between an audiobook and an audio drama? Because I want more of that.

Halp?

Yes Audiobooks and Audiodramas are different.

Fists are Vanilla: The Legion.
But really, they play how you want them to play. Every legion can play how you want them to play, so long as you yourself can make it work.

Audio Books are done by one guy. Audio Dramas are done by four or five, so they;re always better.

And I love Kharn's Russian voice. That's always how I've heard him. A really pissed off Russian.