Warhammer 40k General

I HAVE TO MAKE AN EDITION
FUCKING SLACKERS SUB EDITION

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

How viable is Nurgle CSM?

Second for Renegades and heretics need more than a forge world codex

classic color schemes on modern models look great

Bikers.

What if this was the standard Chimera design?

Slightly more viable than standard CSM due to the higher toughness

>How viable is Nurgle CSM?

Depends on your meta. I love my Nurgle Force and it is mainly CSM but even a new player like me knew I had to bring some Daemons along for the ride to support my army.

Oblits and Chaos Bikers with MoN are pretty tough and a Chaos Lord/Sorc with a pack of them makes for a fun unit.

It works great when we are all playing friendly however with an upcoming tournament my friends have been tuning up a bit and I have been getting trounced by Super Friends and Battle Company.

Collecting an entire Chapter, good idea, bad idea?

This would of course be over multiple years, I'm not rich.

Rapters user is doing it.

Be prepared to paint over a thousand marines, not counting vehicles, techmarines, and other support.

I like this conversion, this would have saved me as a newer IG player from building lasgun arrays for the first time if it was the standard kit.

just one word

why

why?

That would be a lot of tacticals. why not just a single company? However if you want to blow the money go for it.

Bad idea unless you are mega rich and huge a huge house. On display, an entire chapter would take up like a fucking dining room table worth of space. In boxes it would take up even more space if you gave it any sort of protection.

That's fine.

Because I don't game very often at all and need a contining project for the longterm to keep me involved. Once I build a company, what else is there? Giving myself the goal of an entire chapter gives me a nice long term goal to do.

*continuing

It is functionally no different from the current ones if you include forgeworld parts.

I'd be keeping them in army cases like the ones GW sells.

its just a lot of wasted money that you'll get burnt out on

Yeah, because the level of detail doesn't look like total ass.

Expect at least 10-15 large cases, I'd warrant. Maybe more. The flyers are going to be an absolute nightmare to store.

perhaps other chapters or races?

Why settle for 1000 of x marines when you can have 100 of each and maybe some xenos?

I'm a Tau player thinking of getting some Forgeworld swag of my own. What suit(s) would you recommend I get?

at least make it a standard chapter so if you have to sell them in the future you will not be burnt too bad.

Get some FW orks so you won't be as cancerous.

I recommend buying a gun and killing yourself

spend the money on crack

At the rate I paint, that's going to take a while anyway. It's mostly a way of keeping me motivated.

It's an achievement, if I ever manage it, you know?

Either doing Ultramarines or Imperial Fists. Haven't decided which yet.

Visit Jamal and ask for the good stuff

I would suggest you buy the smaller ones because bringing big tau cheese suits to your FLGS will likely get you very few games.

The resin crisis suit variants is what I'd have said a few years ago... but now that the crisis suits have been redone well in plastic, there's not much point.

Grab a plane or something if you must.

Nurgle bikers are scary as hell

Marines Malevolent don't have horns, do they?

anyone have the 40k path to glory pdf?

I don't. I know that much, sorry mate, I had it in one point in time though.

Just ordered my Angel's Blade at my FLGS.
Finger's crossed hoping it's gonna be good.

What updates do you think they're doing to the Terminator Captain? He's kind of an odd thing to update.

Also, mildly panicked about none of the new Assault Squad artwork showing off Meltaguns. I hope they didn't remove that option.

Thanks anyway :) Just want it for the boon table for use it in combination with Traitors Hate if I even come back to chaos.

Y'varha and R'vana, is the non-asshole advice. Both are actually point for point weaker than their points in normal Riptides anyhow. Same advice for prolly just taking the one 'tide in your list per 1000 points as normal applies.

Anyone else agree that the third Warhammer doesn't look too good? The first was the best if you ask me.

Dawn of War 3?

yeah sorry, dunno why i said Warhammer.

Considering I've been running one per 1500 (I only have one too) that works great. Which one would work best against MEQ's? I know both don't have AP3 weaponry but 3+ armor is essentially my meta and I'd rather it be effective and fun.

Nurgle Bikers, a Plague drone or two, other fluff units and some oblits.

Throw a fluffy Cyclo Cabal with bikes ontop of it to buff your bikers.

Throw in some FW shit, because it's not fair that this army is so cheap.

Spend the rest of the money on greenstuff or to get a pro to pain your army.

Wow, you just made a really fluffy, really good looking and a really really REALLY good 'casual competitive' armylist.

I'm a noob.
My friends and I have arranged to begin building armies to work up to 500 points, and then 1000.
I want to play Harlequins (with Eldar because as I understand it Harlequins are not very good on their own).
What are the staple models of such an army? Any formations etc. that I should know about, bread n butter etc.?

It definitely could look better, I'm more focused on how it plays which could use some tweaks. I'm going to be patient and wait for another environment to be shown off to see if models look better on a different planet.

Compelling point you have.

AGP update when?

How about portholes along the side?

Y'varha does have AP3. AP2 even. It's gimmick is being the fast indiscriminate murder riptide.

It's also got one less wound and an effective range of 12 inches, mind. So it does require skill to not die.

Unless you're a spamming asshole of course, at which point you drop three Y'varhas into enemy lines, backup with other power suits and fuck with enemy target priority to the point where you lose maybe one before tabling.

Thanks, I'll take a look into getting just one Y'varha. Maybe I'll grab a R'varna in the future too, they both look awesome.

Can you see what's wrong with these pictures?
GW's CG guys couldn't

I actually really like the look of the new Dawn of War.

The rather bright and colorful palette they're using reminds me more of the older editions of 40k, something I'm completely fine with.

In the end, I just think it just comes down to preference though; I like lots of bright colors in my grimdark sci-fi, but not everyone does.

I'm not holding my breath hoping the gameplay's fine though, I'm still very worried on that front.

>having sponsons

Is there any more word on these guys? I've been itching for some new Terminator character models

>that turret

Jesus christ, how could the person that rendered that miss it?

Well, it doesn't look like the turrets can actually rotate at all.

>It's not modelling for advantage, it's just how the instructions tell you to build them!

Also, all the little boxes at the bottom show a guy ordering the tank forward from a hatch, but only the base Lemon Russ in that image has that guy in the bigger picture above it, meaning they just recycled the model of the first tank and changed the gun on it.

Sasuga GW-sama.

>storm bolters

DROPPED

Commander Ra'lai
One xv84
four Hazard suits
The new Barracuda
Some Remora drones

>Dat Chaplain with the X-tra larg purity seal vest with purity seals on it.
No crux terminatus either. Perfect for 30k Word Bearers then!

First one you have to fill out a punch card by buying shit at a GW physical store.

>My friends and I have arranged to begin building armies to work up to 500 points, and then 1000.
You can probably go full harlequin to 1000 points. Even 1500.

it's not like you'll be coming across heavy armor. Just mix in enough stuff to deal with a bit of everything. Don't forget they're a bunch of T3 weaklings and you're going to want extra bodies.

do black templars

Very new, got the Death Masque box set and an additional box of DW vets and want to play Deathwatch with skitarii allies, this is the list I've written up so far

Deathwatch Black Spear Strike Force
Core (780pts)
Aquila Kill Team (295pts)
Librarian in termy armor, mastery 2, auspex
4x Veterans, 2 stalker bolters, 1 infernus heavy bolter
1x Rhino
Dominatus Kill Team (485pts)
Black Shield w/ pair of lightning claws
2x Vanguard Veterans w/ heavy thunder hammers
4x Veterans w/ storm and chainswords
Corvus Blackstar

Command (145pts)
Watch Captain Artemis

Auxiliary (135pts)
Venerable Dreadnought Nihilus

440 points to spare for 1500 that I'd like to spend on skitarii. The list I've got now can change, but I have already bought and assembled the DW force from the Death Masque box as told (watch force artemis) and bought an additional box of veterans, and assembled the black shield with the lightning claws.

I have no mind of my own, so just tell me what to do.

anyone ever think about the origins of the tiny skulls?

Tiny heretics

So I dont play 40k alot but I recently go some Death Watch models since im a collector and I want to play kill team

1x DW Sargent w. combi plasma and xenophase sword

1x DW w. shotgun and bolter instead of CCW

1x. DW w. stalker and bolter instead of CCW

1x. DW with infernus HB w. hellfire rounds

1x. DW w. cheese cannon

This it around 200 points

Someone told me Death Watch vets are super cheese though but I dont want to be that guy.

I have some Scions if anyone wants to help with making a list for them

1d4chan has a harlies tactics article, read that.

I don't know much about the list but based on what I do know it probably synergises well with three start collecting! Eldar formation for some added punch and psychic stuff.

dudes in hover boats, as a guard player I have seen our dark eldar player use mostly dudes in hover boats.

I fucking hate hover boats and their damned jinking.

Fucking phoneposting. I meant THE start collecting set, not "buy three"

Semi-intelligent cherub cloning for any and every purpose (maids,hirelings,sword-carriers, cape-holders,living-decorations, singers, suicidebombs) is in mainstream 40k canon.

Not sure why they wouldn't use their skull as lego-blocks afterwards. Or even have a special "tough skull" caste of Cherub engineered and killed just for decorative skulls.

Skitarii Vanguard are the best Skitarii unit, so I' just run 4 squads of 10 in a Skitarii Maniple FOC and call it a day.

You'd have 40 points left over, but if you give each squad an Omnispex for 10 points each then you'd hit 1500 right on the nose.

nigga you clever

>muh combi-weapons
storm bolter is fine
storm bolter was always fine

all i know is the termie captain has some autistic shooting weapon thats essentially single shot, small blast melta bomb

>Preordering anything
user what are you doing?

Store offers a pretty hefty discount for preorders, and since I was going to be picking it up anyway (most likely the day it comes out) it seemed like a good idea.

Even with the crazy high tax rate in my state I still am getting it way under the normal retail value.

Drop some of the upgrades (xenophase, infernus HB). Get an extra body in there.

Deathwatch aren't broken in killteam. They have a lot of toys, but are still T4, 1W, 3+ save dudes. You'll likely only have 5-7 in a list, and that's easy to knock off the board with weight of fire.

Hi, just starting 40k and deciding on my first army, is the Start Collecting! Chaos Space Marines a good deal?

Going for Iron Warriors.

An extra body of what exactly? Just another shotgun or Combibolter with power sword?

Up to choice, really. The bolter+sword combo is pretty nice.

No. Not a good deal at all, sorry user. CSM are in a bad spot right now too.

Hmm ill think about it since I have exactly those five models with my original choices it does seem like a better tactical choice but I really fucking love the infernus heavy bolter and necrophase

So I'm not saving any money whatsoever if I buy that?

You will lose a lot of games outside of casual gaming. If you're going in with buddies that can stand losing every now and then, you should be fine.

But as far as a decent deal and decent units, it's a'ight.
Try and get it off eBay or somewhere cheaper if you can.

You save like 15 bucks, but, seriously, try and find it from a seller online, or if you local store has a deal on it.

You are saving a little money, but not really much compared to the other boxes. I think it's like less than $12? Someone post the savings chart.

But what I'm saying is that Chaos Space Marines are the second worst army in the game.

What's the worst one? Orks or nids?

>I have exactly those five models with my original choices
No real harm with going with that, then. All it really means is casualties will hurt a little bit more.

picking up a second box of veterans can give you more choices down the line

CSM are great, as long as you're not planning on running vanilla Space Marine With Bolters and footslogging them across the whole table.

If you lurk long enough or ask nicely someone will post the SC! price breakdowns. They all save money but in most cases it's basically a free HQ so buying two boxes is pointless unless you sell or trade or convert the second HQ so he's actually useful somehow.

Even better, the rings the parchment is fed through look to be 8-pointed too, though the top point is covered by the skull.
There's definitely some conversion potential for a dark apostle.

You are saving money.

But the units you are buying are relatively bad.
For Chaos, you are better off figuring out what you want to run. Then looking at the boxes and seeing if that aligns with your plans.

CSM box is a Helbrute, CSM and Termie lord.

Helbrutes are best in the formations and those you should just buy them off EBay for the Dark Vengance ones. They are like 10$ tops vs the 50 for the CSM one.

Orks are probably the worst right now.
CSM is considered better because you can ally with daemons so it's kind of a toss up between which codex is the dumpster liner

rhinos

>CSM are great,
and you win with them all the time?
everyone cover that square on your bingo cards

Orks. Nids are just above Chaos Space Marines.

CSM are great.
They are just completely unplayable using their codex

Is the Death Masque box a 40k starter kit, or one of those bland spinoff games they keep churning out?

Spinoff game with formations to use the models that come with it in 40k