Hey Veeky Forums, I've got a thought experiment for you today

Hey Veeky Forums, I've got a thought experiment for you today.

Given the date and the outburst of fresh conspiracy theories, I want to know what the minds of Veeky Forums would have come up with.

So - your goal is simple.

Bring down the towers efficiently and sow the most fear. What do you do?

I'll get the ball rolling:

>Pre-infiltrate the towers, load up explosives on each level.
>Use an obnoxious assault like crashing a plane into the towers to hide the demolitions work
>World thinks plane brought down the towers
>Security around flights rises
>No-one realises that it was the bombs that brought them down
>Can easily repeat the procedure because everyone's looking the wrong way.

What would you have done?

>Build 2 "planes" (actually cruise missiles with wings attached)
>Make up a bunch of "passengers" to be on the "planes"
>Strike the towers, citizens below obviously horrified
>Towers come down naturally because they were hit by fucking missiles
>Pay a couple blokes to be "relatives" of the "passengers" for later interviews

>hijack 2 planes
>crash them into the towers

simple

>convince someone else to hijack two planes and smack them into the towers
even better

>Convince a bunch of people into thinking the US government did it
Perfect

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

>Convince a bunch of people in the US government that they didn't do it, but that it would look worse if an outside force could do this on American soil
>US government proceeds to fake own conspiracy that they were/n't involved.

>What would you have done?
Well, given that the premise is seemingly that I'm a mastermind behind an infinitely powerful and nigh-infallible shadow government which has somehow had the same M.O. and leadership for 70 years, I imagine literally anything would work because the assumptions also mean I already control various governments on both sides of the to-be-engineered conflict.
It's a lot faster and easier to do something which doesn't necessitate blowing up expensive buildings and throwing a wrench in a huge cluster of industries in a way which also inconveniences *myself*. Like, why would I want to put up with extensive airport security? That's retarded.

That said if I HAD to have a way to take down a cluster of buildings? I'd just use explosives. More loss of life instead of many people successfully evacuating, more uncertainty, more questions, and it means that the people I set up as the attackers would have had a much more sophisticated and thorough plan, more resources, and unfettered access to the underbelly of lives and livelihood.

Especially given that the supposed endgame for people who ACTUALLY believe this shit is endless martial law, unlimited firearms control, harming the value of the dollar, etc.? Masking the bombings makes zero sense.

>Masking the bombings makes zero sense.

Unless you're keeping it as an ace-in-the-hole if the first attack isn't enough to get the job done.

At that point just send another plane, you're already crashing extras in fields and glancing into the Pentagon; what's another one on top of that?

Anyways, what sort of bomb set up would survive a plane crashing into it?

>why would I want to put up with extensive airport security?
To sell ineffective X-Ray Scanners, duh.

I don't believe the conspiracy theories for a second, but its facemeltingly obvious that the step-up in airport security is crony capitalism because the added tech and hassle do NOTHING WHATSOEVER and this has been proven over and over again. Literally the only result is a guy profited from fancy expensive useless machines.

Making it more overtly spooky would benefit. Like, it might be overlooked as goofy if you just SAW a flaming pentagram somewhere, but if a plane crashing into a building CAUSED a flaming pentagram? Top stuff.

I guess what I'm saying is that given you already have the option to setup bombs in the towers before the planes hit, why not have explosions in the shape of pentagrams or inverted crosses appear around the place? Why not jam the transmissions out of the airplanes to emit nothing but tortured screaming? Seems like nothing but benefit to me, especially when with your shadow gov. powers you can thwart any investigation that would actually be able to uncover a mundane explanation.

Hell, have the insulation be changed over prior to the attack so that the burning wreckage of the towers burns in unnatural colours.

>At that point just send another plane, you're already crashing extras in fields and glancing into the Pentagon; what's another one on top of that?

This is assuming multiple attempts over time - so AFTER they raised security around airports.

>Anyways, what sort of bomb set up would survive a plane crashing into it?

No idea. But I figure everything counts in large amounts. Don't need all of them to survive the impact, just enough to make a difference.

Hey, it's been great for the economy. All those people employed by TSR to feel up strangers?

>This is assuming multiple attempts over time - so AFTER they raised security around airports.
There were 4 hijackings on 9/11. One crashed into a field, one into the Pentagon, and two into the WTC. I'm saying: send a fifth.

I really hope the next suicidal incel redpill teenage terrorist reads this post. The next school shooting would be way cooler if it was accompanied by satanic chanting, cultist robes, smoke, spooky lights, etc. Especially if it ended with a deadman switch bomb so police never actually find the devil.mp3 boombox, magician store smoke effects, Amazon strobe light, etc. It would be like a fucked-up Improv Everywhere "make reality seem more magical" thing.

I wonder if that would boost sales at those occult bookstores and healing crystal stores, or if people would start burning them down? Probably both.

>There were 4 hijackings on 9/11. One crashed into a field, one into the Pentagon, and two into the WTC. I'm saying: send a fifth.

Why?

If your goal is the see a result from the attacks, sending an extra one on the day isn't going to give you any answers.

Better to wait, see the results, then act.

A cruise missile is literally just a small, unmanned jet aircraft and a significant amount of their payload is made up of unburnt jet fuel.

You could just buy a plane, fully load it with jet fuel and fly it into the WTC and the effect would be equivalent to a very large land attack cruise missile hitting it. If you aren't carrying cargo or passengers you could load it with like 50 tons of your PBX of choice just in case you decide that all that exploding jet fuel is insufficient. However if you did that the explosion would be really, really dramatic.

You don't have to build anything, you just buy a 767, modify it to be operated remotely and fly it into the WTC, mission accomplished.

Fly 2 747's into it. Why is this so hard people?

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Jadzak Razgriz

Neither can plastic bonded explosives. Melting steel beams isn't what we're trying to do.

Is there any way to get a small amount of steel beam to melt with a pre-installed explosive, so as to confuse the shit out of people afterward?

Why not just drop a dirty nuke in the lobby and call it a day?

>Why?
Let's run it from the top

The premise is that the goal is to take down the towers.

And said "also plant bombs to make sure they go down", when flying a plane into it is a good way to fuck up the demolition and make sure your contingency plan won't work.

So that's probably a hundred man-hours with new people being brought into the already convoluted plot for likely no reason.
The alternative is: use another plane (or 'plane', or space laser, or underground nuke, or whatever your pet conspiracy theory of choice may be).

'Wait and see' doesn't enter into it.

Bluh, correction: said to also plant bombs, not .

>'Wait and see' doesn't enter into it.

Ah, I thought I was responding to who said 'he supposed endgame for people who ACTUALLY believe this shit is endless martial law, unlimited firearms control, harming the value of the dollar, etc.? Masking the bombings makes zero sense.'

Hence my 'wait and see'. If you're using it to push an agenda, you should save a second attack for when you know the impact of the first.

Idea to end all Ideas
>Travel back in time about 30-40 years and convince the russians to invade the middle east
>convince the current american doctrine to help anti soviet doctrine through cash flow to a rebel outfit.
>Things happen then convince middle eastern rebel leader on a path of anti-americanism/westernism which will lead in the way of planned tower destruction. in 15+ years.

>GENIUS

9/11 was a inside jobs so the Burgers would have a excuse to attack their Greatest Ally's enemies.
And theres proof for that, including documents and pics.
Why you cucks always say Theory when it's a comproved thing?

>summon daemons/tentaglegodguy
never fails

>never fails

What if the towers are warded? You really expect me to believe two of the biggest structures in New York's skyline wouldn't be warded against demonic incursion and attack? What are you, fucking high?

>wards are a problem

TOP FUCKING LEL
Get a load of this mortal!

Fucking pleb. If you give me unlimited resources and power, of course you can get a summoning through a greater ward. But where's the fucking challenge in that? Minimal effort for maximum result. That's the name of the game. Show me what you can do with two sticks and a loud voice.

>yfw this thread is probably being monitored by the CIA, FBI and NSA.

Is that actual cannibal Shia Lebouf?

I conquered all of this for the precise reason to enjoy it, loser.

>Show me what you can do with two sticks and a loud voice

Literally anything

>you can't

lel

cuckchan data mines the users, newfag

>cuckchan data mines the users, newfag

I feel like you're trying to communicate, but I can't understand a thing you're saying.

>Running for your life!

Because it's too high profiel?

Because it's so much effort. Better to pull another Unibomber but up the yield.

>Get direct warning from CIA that crazy fuckers are gonna blow up a national landmark and kill thousands.
>Do nothing cause LOL that's not gonna happen
>It fucking happens
>SHIT SHIT SHIT HOW DO WE SAVE FACE?
>"Plant and allow a bunch of people to say that we were directly responsible and have their allegations become more and more insane so that anyone insinuating our incompetence was at fault looks like they're associating with a bunch of wackos."
>PERFECT!

It's so crazy it just might work!

fuck off kiddo

>Arrange a Bull Run
>Fill Lobby with Fine China
>Wait.

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

Then fill the jet with melting steel beams.

>high profile
>LITERALLY DESTROYING THE TWIN TOWERS

I think that we're at the highest of profiles as it is m8

It doesn't have to, the jet fuel heated the beams until they distorted and warped. A substance doesn't need to MELT to lose some of it's tensile strength, and the beams on the towers were holding up tremendous weight

This Jetfuel can't melt steel beams meme is born of idiots who cannot into architecture.

I know thatsthejoke.jpg fuck you anyway

They tried to bomb it in 1993 and it didn't work the way they hoped. I don't think Al Qaeda has ever had access to nuclear weapons.

A nuke going off in a city is way more high profile than a plane crashing into a tower.

This is true, but the issue is that there is evidence of actual molten steel having been amongst the debris of the towers. I just assume the conditions allowed for the fires to burn hotter and fiercer, but the argument that a hot bar will bend doesn't answer any of the questions that molten steel raises.

it likely melted AFTER the collapse, the debries and jetfuel combined with the building materials not quite smothering it on top would have basically made an oven

Also to clarify

- A dirty bomb is just a bomb with radioactive elements. It's not a nuke, but it's very nasty and spreads a lot of radiation around.

A dirty bomb going off in the city center would be fucking nightmaric, beyond what we saw with 9/11.

A nuke, in this day and age, would be generation-defining.

>nuke

See

>smuggle dirty bombs onto 747's
>crash them into towers
>bombs explode after the crashes
>downtown new york is now irradiated

And the first responders still wouldn't be able to get medical care from the govt afterwards :3

see

Depending on the size, a dirty bomb could have had bigger ramifications on the city than the planes did.

Jesus, that's a horrifying thought.

See, what confuses me is this: isn't that abut how hot jet fuel burns on it's own? Like, if you put burning jet fuel onto an exposed steel beam, it wouldn't be hot enough to melt. But when something is in a confined space, heat can build enough to melt metal. Our very systems of metalworking rely on this. So if burning jet fuel was trapped in an elevator shaft, why would it be so strange to find partially melted metal? The assumption seems to be that under no circumstances could the heat from burning jet fuel cause metal to melt, but somehow burning coal can?

Works for me.

Wait, just looked it up, it seems like coal burns hotter...

You know what thermite is made out of?

Iron oxide, aluminum, and usually some kind of accelerating fuel.

So, rust + the hull of an airplane + jet fuel = thermite, potentially.

>inb4 THERMITE CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

THERMITE CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

>in after THERMITE CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

There's also various other, highly flammable materials present in a huge office building, like massive quantities of textiles, paper and plastics that contribute to the heat generated.

We also know from having attended elementary school science class that you don't actually need to melt a metal object for it to become soft enough that a vertical standing length of it can't support its own weight.

There's also a shit ton of copper wiring running through any office building that absolutely would be melted by burning jet fuel.