I've created my own chapter and written a book worth of collective lore and information on it

I've created my own chapter and written a book worth of collective lore and information on it.

My question is how do i add it to the 40K lore? Is there something that i must win? or do?

>My question is how do i add it to the 40K lore? Is there something that i must win? or do?
You don't. You just share it with people who ask about it. Or insert them into an RPG game, either as a GM, or as a player in Deathwatch.

Games workshop hasn't allowed fans to add their own chapters since Vulcan.

Official lore, you can't. Make a page on 1d4chan.

Lets hear your lore famalam.

I'm interested in your lore.

sell your soul to GW, get a job there, and you can pull a matt ward, or you can make something cool and share it here

You can't. You gotta keep it in the headcanon like everyone else.

I wish I was brave enough to make my own chapter and fluff them out, but the established chapters are just so appealingly solid. Comparatively my ideas feel flimsier than a half-fluffed minor chapter or overly done to try and feel special.

It's not that hard to make a chapter, you could make a chapter called The Bone Feeders which have something similar to the red thirst.

And have picked up mutations from the nids swarm after fighting a millium of engagements.

>And have picked up mutations from the nids swarm after fighting a millium of engagements.
What about tyranids who after millennium of engagements with the ultramarines have now consumed so much astartes biomass that they are compelled to follow the codex astartes and serve the Emperor of man?

make it so, that sounds awesome

the nids put on a parade march for the hive before mustering off to please their spiritual liege

A chapter's easy as shit to fit into the lore (don't know what all those anons saying it can't be done are on about) just pick a first founding chapter & primarch that they're descended from (or claim it's a mystery), say they're from one of the later foundings, (because the chapters created in the 2nd founding, for example, are pretty well documented,) and job's a good 'un.

Now, if you actually meant a new legion, with their own primarch, then yeah, that's trickier. There are two "lost" legions and primarchs that we know nothing about specifically for this purpose, but a lot of people look down on OC primarchs.

May as well use this thread for feedback.

Custom Chaos warband lore, for 30k and 40k

> Be legionnaires in Traitor legions
> Pass under the purge radar but get sick of fraticide after Istavaans
> Sneak away during the next big fleet warp jump
> Be Blackshields fighting against Horus the rest of the heresy on the far end of the ruinstorm
> World Eaters, Death guard, whoever drops by
> Imperium senpai never notices them
> Get earmarked for purging during the scouring
> Flee into the warp and get lost
> Pop out in time for 40k games

Everyone hates them and they won't last long in the setting so at least that fits with the crunch.

>loyalist chaos
>loyalist

Have them secretly be from the two Lost Legions while you're at it. Also, their Primarchs are - also secretly - still alive and anonymously [swidt?] hidden within their ranks. Also katanas.

>primarchs
I've got a way around that catch.

copy pasta?
if this appears one more time, im calling it

So what's the chapter idea user?

My bad, forgot to clarify

> Pop out chaos-ified in time for 40k games

Basically I need reasons for them to

> Have a whole lot of MkIV mixed with chaos bits in M41
> Hate and consistently fight against both the chaos and SM players in my meta

>Didn't exist in 30k
>Doesn't use chaos

Thanks for the help anyway, user. Maybe I should just make some scouring-era World eaters.

Sorry, didn't mean to actually play them, just posted them as an example of how a chapter can end up antagonistic to both sides, and incidentally using a mixture of armour.

Actual canon:
>get a job at GW and become an editor for fluff with enough pull to add your OC
>get a job at FW and become an editor for fluff with enough pull to add your OC
>start writing for BL
>if this is impossible then befriend somebody who fits this criteria and get hin to do it

Dubios canon:
>get a job at FFG and become an editor for fluff with enough pull to add your OC
>become a game designer, get the rights to 40k, make a 40k game
>if this is impossible then befriend somebody who fits this criteria and get hin to do it

Headcanon:
>throw all the ideas you had out of the window, then make them smut shit, an anime ripoff or pick a single specific theme and go completely overboard with it, then start circlejerk threads on Veeky Forums

Really liking this. Would have to disagree with this as for Chaos, you coould make them loyal to Malal / Malice ( the fifth god) whose whole shtick is chaos vs chaos, hating chaos etc.

I also think that the whole "loyalist black shields that still get fucked by the imperium" fits perfectly within the setting. Reminds me of the Soul Drinkers.
keep it up user

>FFG
Not any more.

>overly done to try and feel special.
The only chapter I made in my headcanon was precisely thought to be somehow a "mediocre" chapter. It's not that they are shit warriors, but they tend to have too much a fetish for glorious death and grandiose last stand. Being an officer among them is learning to be more humble to be able to get pass that, but relapses sometime happen when they get old, with dramatic consequences.
For example, the very old chapter master fucked up his succession after centuries of being no-nonsense for the sake of his chapter because he wanted a glorious way out to end his career and life.

Just make it, have fun with friends, dont care as long as you and them are having fun.

I have a renegade warband made of chaos marines and cultists that are remnants of a destroyed planet. They lfe in a space hulk made of their planet debris and broken ships. Theyr mission is to protect an powerfull energy generator artifact that was found on the planet and let the ebtire planetary energy plant work. Mechanikus saw it, wanted it, done shit. The fight ended with the loss of the planet, more than half the population and chapter and very angry survivors.

As a side note, the planet was a desert world with cities around giant oasis. The population was of black people with blonde hair and delicate features (Because I have a ganguro fetish) and was a hub of commerce in the region. Oasis houses fought each other for dominance in the shadows while trading shit in the open. They still do both in the hulk, even if living there is utter shit. Marine squads fused with the houses after the collapse of the chain of comman, and levels of corruption are varied. They are all slowly creeping into chaos, doomed by their loss of contact and betrayal.

Might as well bring up a vague idea I had for an Iron Hands successor.

My homebrew is an Iron Hands successor that are in low regard with their parent chapter and the Mechanicus because of a semi-heretical belief borne from the traditions of their feral homeworld - that the spirits in the machine are the spirits of the ancestors who wore, drove, and fought with them.

This has forced them to become more friendly with other Imperial factions, and they will fight to recover even dead marines with such ferocity that most assume they must be amazingly survivable - and it doesn't hurt the legend that sometimes loyal machine spirits in bionics will continue firing weapons and clumsily swinging swords after the death of their wearers.

Just imagine it, A Servitor Space marine.

>don't know what all those anons saying it can't be done are on about
OP is obviously asking how to make his homebrew official, not how to make a homebrew.

Chapterhouse should make a hull extension for the Phobos to turn it into a Spartan. all it really needs is for the front ramp to extend a little further out. Otherwise the tanks are identical in size.