More Kaladesh spoilers yet

Old thread is dying over here More neat artifact support cards

Meh. I need a good artifact centered golgari card.

can we not have threads of this shit? bad mechanics and useless cards is all we're getting from it.

Limited fodder

Well, fuck, I almost thought there was an Animar card there.

Damn it.

Fuuuuuck.

God, I feel so cheated.

>artifact expansion
>hasn't improved artifact decks in any of the real formats(modern/legacy)

And just in case that fodder wasn't unexciting enough.

They're not going to print another Tangle Wire, son.

STANDARD STAPLE (if artifact decks are good).

Sorry but Standard is the "real" format as far as WoTC goes

Why do I have the feeling that shit like this and Curio Vendor will be in every single booster?

Man, it seems like this guy really wants some equipment, but vehicles probably have completely crowded those out.

It's a new creature type, so they need some commons but why the fuck are they spoiling them in spoiler season and not with the other bulk commons?

God, the card is shit, the flavor text is shit, and the art is confusing.

>Every booster will have unplayable commons in them

Yeah?

You get them user, look forward to opening your very own Kaladesh Invention™ on September 30th!

Artifact creature maybe? Grab your solemn simulacrums, pilgrims eyes ect.

They spoiled them on a non-Magic site to advertise the set to Bioware tumblr landwhales with the whole genderless thing.

I mean unplayable even in a limited environment.

4 cards, and no. I'm playing combo Animar, you know, the one that cycles Eldrazi.

>Helps find your jank modules
I LIKE IT

>combo edh decks
Stop having fun in ways I don't like

It's not unplayable, it's just chaff.

>Stop having fun in ways I don't like
It's okay, I'm playing French. Nobody likes me here ANYWAYS.

It's not though?

It's just a D grade card.

Unless you're very lucky every limited decks runs at least some of those.

Keeping my hopes up for a decent rogue. Modern Prowl is fun, but it needs a little oomf.

i really wish we had a DC community on Veeky Forums

What I wonder is, where do the Aetherborn get their money from? Like, the creative team claims that since they live so short lives their adamant in living them to their fullest and experience as much as possible, being the main consumers of all the enterntainment on Kaladesh. So where do they get the money to spend on this luxurious lifestyle?

It can't be from criminal activity, because as we see in this card, for example, even when they are criminals they are spenders.

Wizards could've named these cards Mecha Titans.

How? Even if you get 1 decent card in every 3 picks, you won't need to run stuff like that.

Cards like that are the ones that I started wondering if I should run an extra land instead.

i like this guy, simple and useful.

A part of the spoiler season is there to get people excited about the new limited format, and part of that is showing off solid commons.

Why they decided to show off these two however I don't really know.

Lifelink on a 1 power creature seems pretty pointless

My guess is that they'll easily do those high paying jobs other races might find squeamish I guess. Undertkers? Garbagemen? The people that mainatin those glorious sewers so that people don't have to shit in the streets anymore? Aetherborn. Then they consume like maniacs.

Kaladesh Social Security for unfortunate nig..Aetherborns.

Watc- OMFG we can print money!!!!!

the 4 toughness means he's there to be an aggrivating blocker. he stops one small guy abd slows a second dude's offense just because lifegain. and if it's just weenies he effectively blocks two 1 power guys at a time.

They explained this; since aetherborn live so sort lives; when one dies he passes all his stuff on to the newly spawned aetherborn

When will wizards stop giving red shitty "your opponent's chooses" mechanics? They're not fun, and they're not good. For them to be good, both effects need to be either crazy good, or similar enough that the choice doesn't matter.

It slows down the clock when your opponent is swinging with multiple guys. When you're thinking about swinging into that guy with a pair of 2/2s at the prerelease you'll understand why that's good. I'm pissed that thing only costs 2, Kaladesh confirmed for garbage slow format.

And they decided to go with Gearhulk? Godamn, wizards.

But where did the first one get his stuff from?

I liked 's idea better.

This the new Vines of the Vastwood?

Flavor is off here;

this guy is a shady dealer so he should be selling you something, ie the card gives you shit; this guy gives you stuff when he dies; thats the flavor of graverobbing or to stay on theme the whole Aetherborn inheritance thing. He dies, passes on wealth.

They just needed to change the top 3 to top4 or 5, this way it would be either a draw 3 or somewhere around 8 to the face.

don't these guys only live one day? Why would one of them be a bouncer? That makes zero sense

That doesn't explain how he has anything left to pass on. Millennial economists ladies and gentlemen.

nice, infect and zoo really needed more toys

months to years
why is falvor text bas

also i agree, I guess he is standing inf ront of a door but I cant tell where it is

No, Vines can be used aggresively.

The pointer is to use the cards you'd mill.
Think Daretti, Feldon, or Trading Post.

well depending on how long they've been around, it could've been a case of "my great great grandaether worked every day of their life in the aethermines"

WOTC is run by old men, what are you talking about.
they didnt say

He likes to hit drunk patrons

That doesn't seem very Aetherborny. Neither does it seem very black to toil away so that someone other than you can have a good time.

>pay 2 mana for +4/+4
>pay 1 mana for +2/+2
user, half the mana for more than half the effect is the very definition of aggro.

The important part of this new spell is it gets around Spellskite. It is a better Ranger's Guile.

He meant it can be used to counter your opponent's spells. That's huge in the infect mirror.

There is a pretty big difference between +4/+4 and +2/+2 though. Like, It's definetly more than twice as good.

Fascinating, green gets better draw AND counterspells than blue.

>let's make modern infect even better

Now green gets better counterspells than blue
Really tired of this fucking shit design from Wizards

I know that you can get more value from it, but unless you run some weird deck that wants to throw stuff in the grave and has some way to flick gearhulk, he is still bad, since you will probably throw a land and 2 random other cards.

You need to understand that you giving your opponent's creature hexproof can do some funky shit.

The Orzhov sort of do it. You might be free of debt to the guild and a pretty decent member because your grandad signed up, then worked himself to the bone, and then some for you.

no, but the idea amused me enough. it's more likely that petty crime built up over generations to the syndicate gonti is in charge of, maybe some fatalistic employment opportunities to kickstart funds "yeah sure i'll drive your experimental rocket car for a thousand notruples, sounds fun"

Flavor is shit. Confirmed.

A 3 mana 3/4 is above the curve for black.

The Orzhov do it because they are WB. They view the family (i.e. the guild) as an extension of themselves. They have black outlook on a white structure.

Blossoms gives Hexproof

twice as good for twice the mana. It's a fair trade for an agro deck.

>you give the creature hexproof in infect mirror matchups so that they can't buff their own creature
I can dig it

>It is a better Ranger's Guile.
Yes, but Ranger's Guile is a bad card so that's not relevant. This card misses the mark in infect, but considering the price of Might of Old Krosa it's a reasonable budget option for someone who's working on the full deck.

As it should be.

Shouldn't you be in the Modern general bitching about how control isn't the best deck in the format?

>3 mana
RTFC

it actually can't. it's giving it not-hexproof that gets weird.

>3 mana 3/4
>3 mana
user...

It's 4 mana

>twice as good for twice the mana
No. Learn to read. +4 from a single card isn't twice as good as +2. It's significantly better than that.

>Veeky Forums: economics general

Namely it turns off your removal. You understand they can still target the creature, right?

It's a 4 mana 3/4. It's kind of bad, but not utterly unplayable in limited.

If you give hexproof to a creature an opponent control you won't be able to target it, because hexproof doesn't care about who played it, just who is the opponent of the controller of the creature. Vines of vastwood works because of how it's worded.

>Blossoms gives Hexproof
Everyone can read user. Now have you ever read or know what Vines can do to your opponent's creature?

Fuck, typo. A FOUR mana 3/4 is above the curve for black.

Infect is an aggro deck, user. They're fine for paying half the mana for half the card, since that's the whole point.

No.

Vines was made before hexproof keyword hence the weird wording iirc

Vines does not gives Hexproof.

You forgot the inherent cost of losing a card in your hand. Burn would love a spell that was "RR: Deal 5 damage", it is just 2,5 damage per mana instead of 3, but you only lose 1 card in the process.

Don't you have a game to lose with your draw go?

Yes, it is one those things that makes Armadillo Cloak better than Unflinching Courage. Lifelink does not stack, but armadillo lifegain effect stacks.

>Blossoms gives Hexproof
Yes and that's not relevant to my post.

>you give the creature hexproof in infect mirror matchups so that they can't buff their own creature
Yes they can. Hexproof cares about who controls the creature, not the spell giving hexproof. I swear this new card is "target creature you control" just so idiots like you don't embarrass yourself in front of judges.

Well, green is now the color of ramp, efficient big creatures, combat tricks, card advantage, counterspells, +1/+1 counters, efficient weenies, non-creature permanent destruction and more.

All it lacks is creature removal.

They're talking about Vines, which technically doesn't give hexproof but does work the way they described.

No idea why the hell they're calling it hexproof since that'll just confuse people, but there you go.

there are fight spells, and destroy creature with flying cards.

That's also the reason they haven't errata'ed it to say hexproof.

Plummet and Fight

Burn and Infect are very different beasts, user. Infect is absolutely fine with the inherent cost of losing a card.

>I swear this new card is "target creature you control"
Fuck never mind then. Didn't see that.
Never mind, this card's gonna do nothing. Dammit

All right, I'll correct myself:

Non-conditional creature removal.

Rabid Bite and Clear Shot do direct damage... Moonlight Hunt too, but that's tribal so it arguably doesn't count.

so vines is simply a special case. Doesn't mean that +2/+2 and hexproof isn't good, but it sure isn't half of it, since Vines are more versatile.
Is a +2/+2 pump good enough for modern Infect?