Who will win the Inventor's Fair guys?

Who will win the Inventor's Fair guys?

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/masterpiece-series-kaladesh-inventions-2016-09-12

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/775443311557431297/video/1
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/masterpiece-series-2016-09-12
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The art on these is really are over the top.

>Who will win the Inventor's Fair guys?
No one who opens a pack trying to get the ghost rares.

Most of these are pretty ugly and share the same problem as Expedition shocks and fetches: they're generic, crowded, and gaudy. Hangarback Walker, Mana Vault and Painter's Servant are nice, but the other ones range from mediocre to hideous. Luckily I won't be wanting any of these to pimp out my Mayael EDH.

WHY KUMAR AND RAMESH, OF COURSE.

They look like painted minis.

Man the card art does not do justice for this one

I feel that way about a lot of it. I think most of them would look much better with the regular artifact frame as well. The frame is too busy, distracts from the art, and makes the whole thing just seem too busy.

Overall, I think some of them look great. The swords and Moxs are good. Static orb is gorgeous. I think painters servant and solemn are a little too dark though.

This is stupid. We didn't complain about it enough last time because they were cards that needed reprinted, but it is really stupid. Having an ultra-mythic chance of getting a Mana Crypt in limited is fucking dumb. I'm just saying, no a non-zero amount of times, someone is going to sit down across from someone for a game of Kaladesh limited and their opponent is going to go land sol ring and that's fucking stupid.

Plus it's always worth mentioning it's morally wrong for Wizards to expose players to such cancer giving artwork.

yeah it makes everything way too copper/orange

This might win but I heard Reyath used a lot of community feedback

>1 in 2100 cards
>pull hyper ultra mythic that needs reprinting
>Sol Ring

I love this it is the most literal interpretation of what a cloudstone curio would like.

all new foiling process just for these.

You did it, you allowed them to give a new rarity to the game
Cause mythic cancer isn't enough

OMG WIZARDS IS THE BEST! EPIC RARITY CARDS!

When will Pavani end her endless obsession with Elves?

This was blatant pandering to the Greenviel crowd

that'll still be 100 bucks due to EDH fiends.

It will have decent value from all the EDH decks that need pimping, since it's an absolute must include in every Commander deck ever created-

I'm cool with it as long as it's not the only way to obtain a card and doesn't fuck with the existing rarities of stuff.

The frame is kind of busy. It worked rather well on Mana Crypt, but not so much on others.

Maybe, but I doubt it will be anywhere near $100

And has been in literally every commander product ever printed. If I could think of a single card that didn't need an excuse to be reprinted ever, it would be sol ring.

wait till you see the foiling nigger

you don't understand, every french EDH player alive will want this, the demand will be huge compared to supply.

easily sit at 150 bucks.

>French
>Sol ring

Adi's obsession with his old Commander will be his undoing. He last wore this ago, and some nice boots would have been a better homage.

will the ratios still be higher for fatpacks?

That was absolutely the case with the last few sets

Of course the Consulate would pander to there own Commanders with this submission.

View of the foiling:

mobile.twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/775443311557431297/video/1

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/masterpiece-series-2016-09-12

> The Masterpiece Series will exist at a rarity higher than mythic rare. For example, in Kaladesh, you will open a Kaladesh Inventions card roughly 1 out of every 144 boosters. (Technically, the Kaladesh booster pack says the ratio is 1:2,160 cards.) This is slightly more often than opening a premium mythic rare. These ratios may change for future sets.

>That day I pulled 2 expeditions in 1 fat pack
>They were both fetchlands
>I gave them away

That's actually really hot

These show up in one out of every 12 limited pods.

On the other hand they make Standard vastly cheaper to buy into and does it in a way that makes wotc money.

It saves players money in a sustainable manner and all it does in make one in 144 packs kinda broken in limited and piss off poor eternal players because it will only drop single prices by like a buck.

They are basically using rich players who bling out eternal formats to subsidize our standard decks.

Must be the reason the Eldrazi never really went over 10 bucks

*1/6, a limited pod opens 24 packs.

Why are all these inventors submitting bait for Commanders ? Such blatant sell outs to the Consulates

>french EDH player
Sol Ring is double banned in French. You mean multi-player EDH.

Because this is the target demographic. Commander players.

A painter's servant, a very edgy submission given how many pyromancers love these things.

>And has been in literally every commander product ever printed. If I could think of a single card that didn't need an excuse to be reprinted ever, it would be sol ring.
it's foil and a really unique art. It's not about having a sol ring, it's about having a bitching as fuck sol ring. Seriously, Commander is the format where people love foils the most.

>kumar! Help me load this bear
>RAMESH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
>I need to l Ioad a bear into this machine every 180 seconds to power the city.

>Care about every other format other than standard
>Only standard will benefit
>Some formats will actually be negatively affected

I hate them.

I wouldn't mind pulling a masterpiece gearhulk or the like, though I suppose realizing you didn't pull something worth more than a bill must be very underwhelming

>negatively affected

How?

it would be rare, but some of these are busted in limited

They are legal in limited environments. That means some games are going to be busted from the git go. Limited is already really busted when it comes to pulls. Now its just gone.

So one format, while every other format benefits either from the influx of cards it brings into the picture from people buying tons of boxes, or from the cards Modern and Legacy care about that will increase in supply but not in demand.

>Spends his life in seclusion making something from his wildest dreams
>When he comes out with his mastepiece, turns out folks have been mass producing yearly for the last half decade
Being Sangmi is suffering

and most of these aren't actually that broken in limited. I haven't seen any that feel more powerful, for limited, than some rares that were spoiled already.

Well as long as no one brings planeswalking to the inventor's faire he's good.

I NEED TEN

Original art is objectively better.

>His
>Card literally refers to Sangmi as her

Depends on the Judge and the Tournament Organizer hosting the event actually. These are not necessarily authorized. There's a bit in the Comp. Rules about 'abnormal product'.

I love the art from the commander products for sure. Might want one at least for the Cube.

UNF

>influx of cards it brings

Except that the rarity of the cards does absolutely nothing. Its to the point its basically a separate product entirely. These things would need to be printed WAY more to ever impact the prices of these cards at all.

>"KUMAR!"
>"What is it this time, Ramesh?"
>"WHY IS OUR KITCHEN ALL PURPLE?"
>"You see, Ramesh ... I made this robot that paints things ..."
>"DID YOU FORGET THE OFF BUTTON AGAIN, KUMAR??"
>"I am so sorry, Ramesh..."

Sol Ring looks great, as does Mana Crypt, Chromie Mox, and Static Orb.

Cloudstone Curio, Sword of Light and Shadow, Lotus Petal, and Torrential Gearhulk look pretty good.

Crucible, Champion's Helm, Chromatic Lantern, Mind's Eye, and Solemn Simulacrum look outright bad.

Everything else is middling.

Wow. I actually dont like that at all. It looks tacky as fuck. I like much more subtle foil that blends into the art not dominates it and bends it over the bed.

>Kapur makes this shit to herd his annoying as fuck Orinthopter and pest army

God I fucking hate that guy, doesn't everyone hate that guy? Him and his perverse affinity

Well she didn't skimp on the aesthetics, and that's what matters.

Chrome Mox, Hangarback Walker, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Mox Opal, Scroll Rack, Sol Ring, Steel Overseer, and all of the Swords are busted in limited.

Static Orb, Solemn Simulacrum, and maybe Sculpting Steel are all very strong too.

Except they are not abnormal. It's normal for them to be in some KLD boosters. The tournament rules specifically allow them.

Holy FUUUUUUCK I just creamed myself. Is this the new expedition series?

Yes.

Every set from now on will have expeditions which are now called "masterpieces".

Yes, but I would be pissed over opening one of the gearhulk series though.

Also, is the entire set spoiled?

no, just the masterworks

Friday for the full set since the people who posted pics of cracking packs obviously don't have the stones to "go above Wizards".

Nowhere near. We should have everything after 16:00 GMT Friday.

>commander loves foils the most
You have clearly never played with dedicated legacy players

>user got so blown out last thread he posted it again hoping someone would agree with him

>Oi, Ramesh, look!
>oh for mothers love what did you build this time?
>you're always mad at me for accidentally breaking our stuff,right?!
>obviously, Kumar. It happens all the time
>well,no more! let me introduce yout Sculpting Steel- Steel that can be formed into an exact copy of something already existing!
So whenever I break something I simply use Sculpting Steel to-
>um,Kumar...
>what is it, Ramesh? let me guess, your jelous,right? RIGHT?!
>Kumar, if this thing produces EXACT copies of things, wouldn't the copy be also broken?
>Ramesh?
>what is it now?
>whatever you do, don't use the cleaning-machine
>Kumar have you broke-...Kumar where are you going?....KUMAAAAAAAARRR

I dunno, I'm sure the Gearhulks will find a place in EDH. A pimped out Gearhulk will probably be worth something to someone.

so will this lower the prices for any existing prints of cards at all?

By 1 to 5 %.

pretty sly of them to put the shitty gearhulks in there alongside cards people actually want so they can save other good cards for later set reprintings

possibly crucible of worlds or other EDH popular stuff, but no for the most part

People are saying it will make standard cheaper but we will see

>Just give it to Shanti, he'll know what to do

why would it make standard cheaper?

If anything, it will do nothing. This isn't like Yugioh where a single reprint will change the entire dynamic of a general card's worth. Plus these are more premium, with more rarity and fancier everything. It'll only be more expensive than the previous prints, chances are.

Y'know what I hate? Wizards thinking they can do better than Chirs motherfucking Rahn.

That man is a treasure, and this new art does him a disservice. Same with all the shitty new swords.

Well, sorta, in the fact that if you pull one you'll be able to sell it for enough to buy a playset of the non-masterpiece version.

More packs purchased, more cards in the mix.

people buy more boxes to get the valuable masterpieces, meaning more cards on the market, lowering prices. Not 100% convinced personally but we'll see

So many people cracking packs in hopes of getting these that it will flood the market with Kaladesh rares and mythics.

Not by any noticable amount.
The increased supply will be negligible overall, with each Invention appearing once every 4,320 packs.

Demand might shift, with certain richer players purchasing the Inventions rather than the normal cards.

But due to both scarcity and demand by either players or collectors, I can't see if affecting the price of the normal cards in any meaningful way in the long run, price speculators aside.

Big stores/sellers will crack pick after pack to get one of these to sell, therefore flooding the market with everything else and lowering the price of singles.

That's the theory anyways.

Because people who want the masterpieces are gonna buy the hell out of the set, BFZ's cheap as hell, there are only a couple of mythics worth more than three dollars in the set.

>no Sword of Body and Mind or Sword of War and Peace
IN COMPLETE CYCLE TRIGGERED

wait for Aether Revolt

they'll be in the next set

Legacy players yeah, but commander players just as much. They're both formats where you can play the same deck for years without having to change 5% of the deck and still have it be just as competitive, the fact that they both love the fuck out of foils makes sense.

Y-yeah, it's not like I want a playset of Overseers and Opals and hope that they reprint all of the Affinity staples in Masterpieces or anything.

>Ramesh, Ramesh! I know you didn't like my previous idea, but you love this!
>...
>Ramesh?

I just resent the new art. The old art was much better.

That card was surprisingly pricey.

Every set or just the fall set?

Every Standard set. Not sure about supplemental sets but chances are low.

I am hype. I don't care how dumb it is. I don't care that I opened four boxes of BFZ block and drafted it a bunch and still opened no expeditions.

I am a slave to stupid cardboard.

At the very least, at the very least, there are some garbage cards as Masterpieces, so I'll be able to snag one I want for cheap.