Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=og9qvicsmCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Mauled is a terrible commissioner.

dead

>swiggity_swooty.jpg

Wake up!

youtube.com/watch?v=og9qvicsmCQ

Alright, now that my ascension has passed and my Salt-The-Earth-When-Mauled-Goes-Full-Retard switch is ready to be activated at any time I please, time to get down to business.

Since SchlongedByTheDrunkards STILL hasn't posted the survey results (You were supposed to post them on Sunday you fucking idiot), I may need to remake the survey. But for now, I want to talk about the playoffs, since that appears to be the biggest thing for deciding changes on. And my questions are these with some of these blatantly stolen from the original survey:

>Should we have split playoffs in the first place?

>If the playoffs are merged, should the Rookie Leader be rewarded with a higher seed?

>If split, should the winners of each playoff face each other in a Grand Final?

>If split, can anyone modify the current gold, silver, bronze, and rookie leader shields to have a d6 on them instead of a d20 for the rookies?

Don't try and get this settled in thread, it's a bad idea. Half the league doesn't even read them, apparently.

I'm not trying to get it settled now. That will be done via survey (whether it be mine or Mauled's, most likely the former). Instead, I at least wanted to get a general idea of what people wanted and to give people a chance to debate about it.

Yes to the first 3 and i suck at sprites so no.

Yes
Yes
Yes
I think putting Jr. on it is fine

No
No
No
No

Right, before we all get too carried away with ourselves. I meant to post this on Friday after PM'ing Pizzapocalypse, but I went away for the weekend then I'm back to the 9-5 grind this week./blog

As you may have noticed, I've added Pizzapocalypse to the group staff, call him Vice Commissioner if you want. He's already been keeping the group summary page maintained through pastebins to myself since the beginning, this will allow him to do so directly. It will also give me someone to run things by if desired, for example any format changes as a result of the now-closed Survey.

On the front end of things not much will change, I'll still be the one accepting signups and announcing any required decisions, taking flak, blogposting, getting twatted by Nurgle etc.

Cheers, Mauled.

>It will also give me someone to run things by if desired, for example any format changes as a result of the now-closed Survey.

So, are we going to get started on that now?

I'm at work till 6 my time, another two hours or so. You on shift after that? I would PM you but I can't be arsed resetting my FUMBBL password to log in at work

Yeah, I'll be around. I'll keep an eye on my PM box around that time.

It's happening.

Is there a Veeky Forums bloodbowl league?

I have time to play, but I'm literally shit at bloodbowl. I've just started playing online but I'm pretty sure my team is going to be like, 0-7 before long.

We use fumbbl, which is a java client adaptation of tabletop Blood Bowl, instead of the Cyanide developed video game. It's free, anyone with a computer can run it, and it has less inconsistencies with the tabletop rules than Cyanide's version.

There's links in the OP if you're interested. If you know how the game plays there's very few differences between the two.

We are on the cusp of starting sign ups for a new season, which will be a commitment of at least 6 weeks (realistically probably more like 7 or 8) where you will need to be available to play one match a week.

Keep an eye on the thread I'd you're interested.

>more like 7 or 8

Unless you make it to the playoffs or we increase the number of rounds, it is 6 weeks.

This is probably a dumb question but is there a linux build? I have a windows and linux machine, but if its available on linux I can definitely play as long as it isn't graphically intense.

Number of regular season rounds isn't increasing, I was actually rather surprised at the response to that one. I'll throw you that tidbit.

Can I get unbanned? I'll be good.
t. literally who

Only if you play flings or goblins in vets.

Should I also concede turn 16?

Please no.

Leaked nurgle for those who have not seen it.

Goddamn american pestigors.

>I want to talk about the playoffs, since that appears to be the biggest thing for deciding changes on

I don't give a fuck about the playoffs, make the league structure better, that is where 95% of matches are played. If vets is uncapped tv, no way i will re sign.

>can anyone modify the current gold, silver, bronze, and rookie leader shields

Get your priorities straight (vice) commish

Fuck off cheat

He is asking someone else to use it. So stop being so salty. And you know by banning a coach you just promote people making alt accounts? Removing the team is the best thing.

Remove AC forever.

>Implying Crab was going to play them again anyways

Doesn't matter. Erase them from history.

Don't worry, they can't hurt you anymore baby.

>by punishing people for being cheats you're promoting cheats to cheat

How about cheats are the problem? Should've thought twice before doing stupid shit.

But by removing them as a whole you are just letting them re-enter without anyone watching. Removing the problem teams and keeping the coaches under a watchful eye will result in less cheating.

What's the point of rules if you only get a wrist slap, you encourage people to break the rules, and not being a cheat is a fumbbl rule. And if you force them to make a new team they can cheat again, and if your response to that is to ban the coach you enter your own slippery slope cycle.

Keep the ban.

You are still removing the teams they used, so wasted time for them in the long run. In the end it is the cheat you know and can easily remove again or the cheat you don't know.

If your machine can do Windows it should still work, the java client is not graphics intensive at all. You'll also need to be able to run an internet browser through Windows since the back end of matches (team management, tournament organization, coordinating with your teammate) goes through the fumbbl website.

>Not stalling the league with no survivors

You're arguing on a slippery slope fallacy and your logic loops on itself, most people who get banned won't bother coming back, the number of pathetic assholes who would waste their time making a new account and silently coming back is minimum, and to stay without raising suspicions they'd have to behave anyways. Not banning cheats is wasting our own time.

You do know who you are talking about, right?

>most people who get banned won't bother coming back
Whahahahahahaahaha
I can't wait to witness 10 accounts made by anyone who gets banned later for fucking up, I'm sure they won't crash this league because they are reasonable or don't care as stated!

Holy fuck you guys are retards thinking that banning people will surely keep them away from making new (probably multiple) account(s) just for playing again/fucking the league up.
>inb4 "b-b-b-but FUMBBL rules only one account!"
You really think they get enforced? Don't make me laugh even more about your stupidity.

Just because they can make a new account doesn't mean we shouldn't ban them anyways.

Sure, let's ban them. I'm sure nothing bad will happen next season with multiple new people like ayylmao and lol3, who were probably the same person anyway already showing what can be done by one guy

>ayylmao = lol3

Not a verified fact.

>What can be done

A t16 concession, what a calamity.

Just think that they were and operated as one. Now think about this on larger scale, like 5+ accounts. Stalling the league, intentionally throwing games, rigging... endless possibilities.
>"we just ban them all! lol"
Sure, just let me create even more accounts next season to fuck your shit up. At least with the high bans we probably enforce rules somehow. :^)

Yeah, it's difficult isn't it.

When the only punishment I can mete out is banning a coach and his teams from the League, there's no real disincentive to stop people misbehaving in the future, other than that they won't be able to play with that account again.

I mean, even if I was to say to Crab and Ukrim "sit out this season and apply for the next with fresh teams", there's nothing stopping them from making puppet accounts anyway, or even having multiple now if they're sad enough to try and rig a virtual fantasy handegg tournament.

Basically, the rules are always going to be reactive to people doing dumb shit instead of proactive, and all I can say is "don't be a cunt".

I've been involved in enough Veeky Forums community-type stuff to realise this would happen eventually, I just hoped Veeky Forums alone would be better.

The goal was to get you to actually do something and it worked.

From what I've understood Crab and Ukrim mostly did it because they wanted to force a reaction, they weren't really trying to get an actual advantage.

Mauled has given me the survey, and I am not too surprised at the results. I PM'd him my thoughts on it, and he may or not post either the results or my thoughts on it.

Anyway, I am going to bed. Good night (or afternoon, in my case).

Anyway, on a cheerier note, these things are definitely happening for Veeky Forums League V:

>Regular Season to remain at 6 games
>7 day gameweek outside of extraordinary circumstance
>firm rules on the league page for the kind of bollocks we're currently discussing
>Rookies cap at 1200TV
>Separate playoffs

Going to go over some of the other stuff, Vets will have some form of limit as most saw it as an issue, and I'm leaning towards 3 seasons max before a team is "retired".

Can I ask, why did Tooby choosing to draw eat you up so badly that you threw such a hissy fit? In the long run it didn't exactly win him the league.

Hyperbolized slippery slope again, and all of that can be dealt with. Certainly you're not one of the banned coaches threatening to do this.

They broke the rules on purpose and knew what they were doing, keep the hammer dropped.

It wasn't just that, but I wanted to see if you would take action. Also rigging the game I wouldn't call a hissy fit, all the bitching in the thread was that.

>Hyperbolized slippery slope again
You never witnessed the crap this website pulled on a large scale, did you? Where do you think we are?

>and all of that can be dealt with.
Tell me how you deal with 5+ dropouts over the whole season where the replacement do the same thing, throwing multiple games the season.
>inb4 won't happening
I'm sure all the salty autists here are adults and won't do shit like this, eh? :^)

>keep the hammer dropped.
Yes please, I'd like to see Season V crash and burn within the first few weeks. Thanks.

>Separate playoffs
I guess it's time to try and win both trophies.

>nothing new spilled except the expected seperated playoffs

What about the rookie cap, how is the stored cash influencing the cap?

That probably doesn't mean you get to have 2 teams per season, sadly.

TOURNAMENT WEIGHT

play a real ballgame, fags

>TOURNAMENT WEIGHT
doesn't really include money, does it? just missing players and stuff

Ball? What ball?

The same TW that includes both MNG players and the loners that are temporarily replacing them?

just give me a second chance Commissoner, I won't pull that shit again. I'm sure nuffle will sort us out this season.

Literally nobody in the real world plays Guild Ball unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind giving it a go, but as a hobbyist I'm more of a Frostgrave/Song of Blades and Heroes genteel skirmish type, at this point I think I only play Blood Bowl because I have for a long time.

>pls make banking rules guys, it works great in BB2

Do it if you want, who you would waste their own time the most would be yourself, like a manchild.

Fuck off with blogshit faggot

Fuck off tripfag.

Crab on suicide watch

>played blood bowl vidya years ago
>buy blood bowl 2 on a whim
>play a single player cup to get back into it
>make a dark elf team
>sure, they're supposed to be hard, but it doesn't matter if i make a few mistakes, right?
>play against undead team
>15 turns into match now
>four players injured and three players knocked out
>i have only four players left on the field
This is a fucking massacre. Luckily the score is 1 - 0 in my favour.

Still fun though. Wish there was a community that played with miniatures near me, but as far as I know there isn't.

BB2 AI has absolutely 0 concept of time and movement. Feels completely natural on bash teams but on any team that wants to move fast, you'll watch them inexplicably turtle up near the scrimmage line and only move a space or two even as turn 7 or 15 ticks down.

That kind of sucks, but I guess I'll move on to online eventually.
In the meantime, I better just try to outrun people, and avoid getting into those melee blobs.

Also, any recommended guides for my Delfs? Especially in regards to levelling up.
There's a lot to choose from when levelling up my Witch Elf, and I'd like some pointers.

>defending a tripfag

>There's a lot to choose from when levelling up my Witch Elf
There's really not. Blodgestep, maybe tackle and then whatever. MB/Juggernaut on doubles, depending on how you like to use her.

Thanks, user. I guess I'll just go read some general guides anyway. I'm really blank on the Delf meta.
Going with Block as a starter. Can't really go wrong with Block.

Just remember than your Blitzers are the life blood of your team.

user, one of my Blitzers died within a minute of you posting this.
Stop, please, before you kill any more of them.

Noted, I'll invest in Blitzers. Especially now that I'm down to two.

Don't worry. Everyone knows the best elves are dead elves.

dead

still dead

Dead like Mauled's first liver.

>crash this league
flair for the melodramatic, haven't you
if anyone is being that level of dickhead, then
under no circumstances would you want them in your league under their old guise anyway
and the comments suggest that's exactly the level of dickhead they are

>if you just welcome us back we won't be dickheads
truly one of the great pieces of reasoning of the age. the archetypal psycho-ex mentality

dred

BALL

>still voting for 6 rounds only
This is why we can't have nice things

Tackle or dirty player for zombies? I'd really rather get better things on wights/golems/wolves.

I'll still get dirty player on one.

But as it stands, I get as many with tackle as possible to make them standing around doing nothing better. Get Leader on one whenever possible, and Dirty player on one or two if I ever have an opportunity.

Block > Tackle

>He'll never be your bf

Can someone remind me why we live again?

So we can foul him until he agrees.

>I won't give up my league leading position but I give off most off my work to Pizza so I can get drunk more often and care less about you piece of shits
Brilliant Mauled, bravo.

Lel whatever dude, I made the league first so I'm in charge forever!

Mauled is fully committed to running a fluff-accurate league.

I already have plenty of block.

I want pieces that makes dodging scary for elves.

elves aren't going to be afraid of a movement 4 tackle piece. put it on your wights / wolves. dirty player on zombies and try to keep one or two dirty players kinda near the back so if you blitz then they will be in range for a foul

Saftey ghouls and DP zombies with tackle on wights and weres.

Can you roll nothing but characteristics? Unlikely, yea, but there's nothing preventing someone from having a 6ST skink, or 7AG elves?

Sure you can, but why not just play a lottery instead?

>Characteristic Increases
>An Improvement table roll of 10-12 will increase one of the
>player’s characteristics. The entry will list the characteristics that
>may be improved – simply pick one and record the new value on
>the team roster. Alternatively, the coach may choose to take a
>new skill instead, as described in the previous paragraph. No
>characteristic may ever be increased by more than 2 points over
>its starting value or to a value greater than 10. Any additional
>increases must be taken as new skills instead.