When's GW going to start selling more models for IG that aren't just Cadian dudes?

When's GW going to start selling more models for IG that aren't just Cadian dudes?
I know Forge World does other stuff, but I'd like to see Vostroyans or Valhallans or female anythings in a store sometime.

Plus it would make it easier to divide your troops if the models & colours were both different.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/28mm-WWII-Russian-Infantry-in-Summer-Uniform-57-PLASTIC-SOLDIER-COMPANY-NEW-/161241028255?hash=item258ab6d69f:g:jS0AAMXQxU5SBtRb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

About 15 years ago.
But that age has long since passed.

I was just thinking "It can't have been that long ago", but I just went and looked it up and the Vorstroyans were released ten and a bit years ago. Christ.

Will they ever update the Cadians? Would be neat to see them become similiar in size to FW guardsmen.

When are people going to start 3d-printing "counts-as" Warhammer 40k models? They already do it for Battlefleet Gothic tabletop.

I don't know how much incentive there is. From what I understand IG are all about tanks, with infantry are often taken begrudgingly or to have something that can hold objectives. I also imagine that people are far more into marines, especially with all the 30k love kicking about.

There's also the issue of having to replicate a whole army's worth of units across multiple regiments. It's not like marines where you can make upgrade kits with shoulder pads and a few extra bits. Cadians are radically different to Valhallans, who are equally different to Tallarn, etc. You'd need to produce infantry squads, command squads and heavy weapons teams for each of them, at the very least, and the return on the investment may not be worthwhile. Especially since those who really want to buy non-Cadian regiments will often shell out big money for the old sculpts.

In an ideal world they'd just let you bring what you posted (or the dozens of other IG equivalents) into stores/tournaments, but this is GW we're talking about.

They're also selling Catachans, if you missed them.

Maybe they can do SM style upgrade sprues. First they'd need to make Cadians so that the shoulder pads are separate, like on vehicle crews. Maybe even unarmoured torsos as well. That should have you set for many regiments.

Mordian sprues would just need field caps and epaulets. Tallarn towel heads and maybe different lasgun models. Gas masks and carbines for Steel Legion. 1st and Only will work on Catachans, just give them capes and new heads.

Regiments aren't that different from one another. When you look at all the old metal models, they all pretty much have the same fatigue design with only slight variations. Cadians had helmets. Tallarn had towels. Mordians had field caps and epaulets. Steel legion had gas masks and carbines (also slightly longer coats).

Oh, alternatively, make "Imperial Guard" box set with what's basically unarmoured Cadians with triplex phall lasguns. It'd serve as the basis for regimental conversions. Cadians themselves can be conversions as well, containing the Kantrael lasguns and armoured torsos.

It would be neat to see a redesign of the old metal guardsmen.

Until then, the sculptor OP linked does a bunch of equivalents, and even a few new ones. You've got old school Cadians, Mordians, Pretorians, Tanith and Penal Legionaries. First two also have options for male and female troopers.

But yeah, new guard models would be excellent.

Vallhallians with their distinctive Russian look,with those coats and fur hats.

Out of the two IG armies I have neither are Cadian. One is a steel legion engineer company while the other is an Elysian drop troop army. That mirror my old mechanized and air assault units.

I would love to see GW make something other than cadians and catachan but it would get out of hand with how many different units there are. Not to mention production of models nobody but a handful of ig purists will get.

You may have to take the pro route and convert troops to a regiment you like. I mean there is no shortage of alternative figs.

Other than Victoria, which companies produce alternative IG models?

Anvil Industries, Mad Robot, and Curious Constructs come to mind.

Trouble with alternative figs is that they won't fly at any GW location.

Got an article that's pretty comprehensive. 2 years old now, but still good.

theimperialpatrol dot blogspot dot co dot uk/2014/06/alternate-imperial-guard-models.html

Sorry for the mangled link, Veeky Forums hates it for some reason.

It's amazing Forge World hasn't gotten into making Imperial Army minis. Only things we've got are the homebrew Mary Sues who shit on old fluff.

I'm increasingly becoming of the mind that Forge World is tasteless shite, and that's by the standards of 40k.

How are the Victoria minis quality wise?

And how well will their bits mix with Cadians?

I wish I had money for an IG army.

I kind of want to sell my orks and start anew. Then again I also just like playing orks. Its a complicated situation.

Play Blood Axes using IG rules.

They updated the Cadian command squad.

Of all the other regiments Catachans have gotten the most from GW with death korps And elysians being a forge world thing

>M-MUH FEMALE SOLDIERS

Take the strap-on out of your asshole you spineless nu-male. Female soldeirs are unrealistic and the only reason you'd want them is because you're a cucked, beta faggot who thinks some feminist she-beast might let you stick your tiny dick in her if she sees your girly soldiers.

Here's how you fix your life, faggot, go to your doctor and ask him to prescribe you some testosterone. I guarantee you won't want female solders anymore after a week.

Sick of hearing you white-knights arguing for unrealistic, immersion-breaking female soldiers.

I will fucking post my entire folder of my babes of the IG to trigger you

Next time don't try so hard.

Shame you can't get any real babes. Trust me, that blue-haired she-twink you've got your eye on won't be impressed by how "inclusive" your pictures are.

I actually laughed out loud at this.

?
You can still buy all the old regiments - granted not all the sgt or specials anymore, but you can convert those. Even praetorians are just a Mordian with a Victoria Mini headswap away.

Just bought a set of the female Arcadians, quality is really excellent. user, Nothing will go with catachans.... The sculpts are some of the most dated and their proportions are fucked. The Victoria parts will look small and totally out of place of on them. You are better finding other parts from anvil industry or Maxmini and working front there

Use miniatures of different companies, not just gw.
Will be cheaper too.

Who?
>Imperial anything in FW
>Mary Sue

>using Mary Sue at all

We've had admech and we're getting genestealer cults. Plastic sisters and a better guard range seem somewhat possible...

Laughing Monk, sold through Eureka Miniatures does female Cadian conversion bits but they are a bit amateurish.

Mind you, they mix well with Cadians, not standing out all that much.

They also do female High AElf spear and bow troop conversion kits.

>In a universe where everything is out to kill off humanity.
>One user gets triggered that we're giving girls guns and telling them to go die for the Emperor.

I mean I know it's bait but I just don't care anymore.

>Completely ignores the 38,000 years of evolution on millions of worlds that can, and has, multiple times in the fluff led to Amazonian Muscle Girls.
>Ignores that women serve in the military here and now in many countries.
>Ignores that humanity in 40k may not even humanity of today if you consider the Stone Men and Gold Men fluff canon.
>Is this triggered he has to ad hominem in his open sentence.

Solar Auxilia.

>second only to the Marines in quality
>best regiments ever
>emulated on thousands of worlds
>made up a quarter of the Army's fighting strength
>bunch of steampunk space men with equipment that makes Kriegers look advanced

How easy is it to kitbash victoria miniatures guard with GW stuff? I really want to use some of their highland guard parts for my army.

Use the %50 games workshop. Parts rule on them.

Even in the gw store here the owner does not care.

How the hell are Elysian and dkok Mary Sue?

I want to know how Elysians and Kriegers are Imperial Army.

From what I've read they've got a slightly different scale to the plastic Cadians. The latter are quite stocky, while Victoria's stuff is a bit slighter. More in line with Forge World's Elysians, the review said.

How hasn't any 3rd party maker done a conversion kit for IG with a beret head and an accordion? Victoria's bagpipes just ain't the same.

I meant the Cadians, not the Catachans.

And if that is what you meant Victoria needs to drop the false advertising about conversion compatibility then. Really I just need some carapace armour torsos and some heads that look like veterans that will fit with the Cadian plastics.

BG is an out of print title. There's no real risk of getting sued.

FW is specifically for niche-interest stuff. IG Cadians form the basis of every regiment because they use standard equipment, so they form the majority of all regiments even if they're not actually Cadian regiments. Catachan, Tallarn, Vostroyan, Valhallan, Steel Legion, Mordians and Tempestus Scions are all still on sale from GW, in addition to FW's offerings of Elysians and Krieg; how much more do you want, because nobody's bought up all those old metal regiments yet. Buy them out and you'll (eventually) get more/replacements in plastic. You know that's how it works.

As for females... they're not Eldar, m8. You know they don't make boob armor. If you want a cheerleader regiment, just say so.

The Victoria minis are nice but even slightly bigger then the normal Cadians.

Vics stuff is excellent quality, you pay that price for a reason.

They do not fit well with Cadians though. Cadians and Catachans have very bloated proportions so you're better off just buying whole squads than trying to upgrade existing models.

tried too hard user, need to be more subtle to successfully bait people.

oh ok that would actually work pretty well then. The issue is the legs and arms. Cadian legs and arms are just hideously large, so when Vic does even remotely well proportioned bits they don't fit at all. That said, I have several of Vics flak torsos on Cadian legs, they just look like they have super baggy pants.

The torsos and heads are pretty close though.

Those look suspiciously like Rebel troopers from the Battle of Hoth in Episode V.

Time to turn my guard into the Rebel Alliance...

They're meant to look more like the original metal Cadian models, but with the right colours they should do the trick,

My newfag is showing, but I've never actually seen those before.
Gives me a new appreciation of the current models.

I used to feel the same way. Still do, mostly, but I feel slightly nostalgic for my pot bellied officers and stubby lasguns.

>stubby lasguns

Don't talk shit about the triplex phall pattern, it's got adjustable power settings and shit.

How do people feel about Victoria's weapon options? I've got to admit that the melta and plasma guns are making me hesitate. Are there any options out there for buying those weapons in GW's style?

Bits stores?

>When are people going to start 3d-printing "counts-as" Warhammer 40k models?

When commercially-accessible 3D printing produces things that aren't complete garbage.

HAH. Can't find any source of plasma/melta without arms/hands attached, and the stuff from the Cadian command kit are constantly sold out.

Really wish GW just did a pack of special weapons for easy conversions. Or put plasma and melta guns in the basic IG squad kits.

>Female guardsmen models
>Ever
W40K is primarily a male power fantasy. Don't get your hopes up. They know who their target audience is.

How hard is it to cut a marine's hand out of a plasma/meltagun and put it into IG arms? I've gone it just fine.

The ones in the OP seem to be about 5.5/6 heads tall.

That does indeed put them in between realistic scale and GWs.

Forgeworld/chinaman.

Kromlech also make female guard torsos, but they look like arse. Pic related.

Chapterhouse made female guard too, but lol.

desu, the usual way to get female guard is just to use statuesque miniatures heads on regular cadian torsos.

May give that a go, then.

On the mention if special weapons, is there a way to put together the sniper rifle from the Cadian Command Squad kit that doesn't result in a massive gap in the back?

>female commissar
>female catachan
>two female last chancers
>female 1st and Only
>pic related conversion from 3e Codex: Catachans
>female Gland Warrior in WD303

Never ever, for sure.

>massive gap in the back

Explain.

Man, I like the heads but that bookflak looks like arse. Been using statuesque heads myself, but it'd be nice to have a few more robust looking faces.

Unfortunately they haven't made any female guardsmen in ages. Not that they've made any new male guardsman for a while either, but still.

>that apeface
>that magazine position on the gun

These being an example of those heads in use.

Plenty of female guard all over the fluff too.

This is probably just me being bad at plastic soldiers, but when I put them onto a body I've got he choice of the hands either both gripping the weapon or the cloak at the back joining up properly. Not at home so I can't take pictures, but my model is going to need some serious green stuffing to sort it out.

>hating on the sol pattern HB

Forge World?

Favorite range gw ever produced, and they are a blast to paint

>More in line with Forge World's Elysians

I have both. Elysians are a lot smaller than Vic's stuff. Not mine but this picture shows what a mix and match of cadian an and Victoria miniatures bits look like.

Good to know. I'm interested to see how GW torsos look with Vic arms and vice versa, though.

>GW torsos look with Vic arms

Picture has that. see the Bagpipe man.

Here are some vic minis with cadian arms.

And another. This one made by Vic hereself.

So what you're saying is, you can't have any form of elite force inside an army?

A command squad is just an infantry squad with a few extra bits, and the heavy weapons teams would be part of the infantry squad kit.

They won't because they only want IP able army's and not even cadians are icon enough but people at studio have the sense to not release a standard guardsman while copyrights the MO do what I'm doing and combine scion and skitarii kits you also have the forge world options for standard guardsman and IG is actually becoming the WHFB old world of 40k maybe they decided in current market its better for guardsmen to be in resin also its worth considering plastic technology might not be able to do 28mm human justice. Like look at things like chaos cultist and late WHDFB elf's n humans I wouldn't say they are the best models ever made unless it has a full Helmut like the elven dude and full helmeted IG arnt standard truips they are grenadiers or higher.

The next guard models will prob be from necromunda so be excited for that. I'd expect maybe 30 or so unique dudes

Futanari

I'm using kreig standing at ease as zombies chaos cultists as sjw protestors and renegades and scions as militia . so if you can't tell that's nurgle (weak and wounded kreig) tanzeench protestors for change and korne a mess of meat bags for my third section I'm thinking prob adbumans on slaneesh so like literal ratings but rats with men body's and stuff basically make my mutants and plague Rogers and chaos spawn more interesting but slaneesh seems weird but a section that's basically furries seems OK for her. Hmm I want it all very subtle thou but maybe obviouse with paint. So your like oh cool chaos renegades and then your like wait a second the imperium is all evil already!

kek

>do a bunch of fluff reading before I think about tabletop
>"wow, I like the Armageddon Steel Legion! I should get an army of them!"
>All old expensive metals with no convertibility.
>"Well, my second favorite was Vostroyans -"
>All old expensive metals with no convertibility.
>Play Dark Angels.

>Not getting the glorious metals which are the last vestige of awesome gw.
>Not learning how to properly convert stuff using greenstuff instead of shitty kitbashes.
People like you are terrible.

No, not at all. Did you miss the part where they're a quarter of the Army's fighting strength? Your super special elite force, second only to Marines, forms 25% of the Army's front line troops. Also, they don't get any Rhinos or nothing, so what chance does regular Army have in getting them? So we can kiss goodbye to any old fluff of Army getting Rhinos and other such vehicles.

Makes you wonder why the Emperor even needed to decree that Marines only get to use Land Raiders when nobody was even using them.

psst
lad
chinamen

>People who want to paint things that accept paint better and have a simpler time accepting conversions because of the ease of parts interchange are terrible.
Clearly.

I'm not a smart faggot, and it seems like asking about them gets them in trouble.

Around 5-10 years probably. Could be less, doubt it'll be more.

>people, whose creativity and effort begins and ends with babbys first dublo kit
>people, who prefer flimsy materials that don't last a single generation
>people, who prefer literal rubbish over superior details and actual worth

I bet you use plastic cutlery, so you don't have to wash.

What is the best source of these fine and legitimate miniatures?

wait until you find out what the cheap resin they use is doing to your lungs every time you leave it in sunlight

If it's commercially available it will never happen. What will happen is that these home printers, even if they can make higher-fidelity objects, will be always online and will be able to compare the input designs with copyrighted templates provided by corporations, and can then inform the user that the design cannot be printed because it's too similar to copyrighted material.

ebay.com/itm/28mm-WWII-Russian-Infantry-in-Summer-Uniform-57-PLASTIC-SOLDIER-COMPANY-NEW-/161241028255?hash=item258ab6d69f:g:jS0AAMXQxU5SBtRb

Have some cheep, inscale russians

Cyberpunk is not real, kiddo.

I tell you now, I worked with several computer programmers on this kind of software in college, and it is coming. They couldn't get it to work perfectly and the sale fell through, but they're still working on it and there is interest.

I'm sure it's coming, but it'll be bypassed somehow. There's no way the sort of people who are interested in 3D printing will be okay with their machine phoning a server every time they print something.

Yeah, like how regular printers are always online? Unless lobbyists manage to take a total chokehold of politics everywhere on planet Earth and somehow make it illegal to own offline printers, it's nevet going to happen outside of maybe some isolated cases. Anf even then, we have

Also consider that people who produce 3D printers generally don't give a shit about everyone else's copyright and know that providing a more limited product will lose them business. It's why ISPs are loathe to do any more than slap you on the wrist for torrenting stuff, unless actually compelled to act by law enforcement.

>Lobbyists
You're thinking too small. This is going supranational. It'll be required by the EU, and because the EU will negotiate free trade agreements enforcing it's copyright laws with the rest of the world it'll be our laws.