Heavy Gear General: GREL is not amused edition

Heavy Gear is a game set in the far future based on the planet Terra Nova. The setting is home to a war game, RPG, Video Game, movie, and TV series.
>Website
dp9.com/
>RPG Developer Website
arkritepress.com/
>Books
mega.nz/#F!aMEziYQL!7lUPbf7rKMvwnXuqEvP8zg!bEdzjC4R
Heavy Gear Wiki
>hgwiki.net/Main_Page
1d4chan Page (Needs more stuff)
>1d4chan.org/wiki/Heavy_Gear
Drivethru RPG free rules download
>drivethrurpg.com/product/144759/Heavy-Gear-Blitz-Tabletop-Wargaming--Living-Rulebook

Book order
Heavy Gear 3e PHB
2e Life on Terra Nova
2e Technical Manual

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J8hwDQJRU7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone have access to any of the 1e Heavy Gear books, such as the original rulebook? I've looked in the troves (this and the original trove) and nothing. Anyone have any ideas? I bought Heavy Gear 1e as pretty much my first RPG/wargame and would love to get hold of it.

...without spending cash of course!

Personally I have no idea but maybe asking in the pdf share thread or seeing if anyone else has any ideas or copies

Cheers, don't frequent Veeky Forums much, do didn't see that, will do!

This model looks better than the ones currently in Heavy Gear assault

This is a hundred times better than the fiberglass looking ones they decided to use. And it actually looks like the Gear.

Honestly the HG: Assault models look like they were made by someone who just didn't care enough about the IP they're working with at all. Like they wanted to make a mech arena battle game where mechs are based on the same skeleton with different armor for customizing and just happened to have the HG license for convenient brand recognition or something.

Yeah, I mean they don't look bad per se, they just don't look like any model of gear in HG.

Oh no doubt as mechs they look fantastic. They just, as you said, don't look like anything from Heavy Gear.

Like if I didn't already know they were for HG: Assault and someone showed me them if never have guessed they were supposed to actually be Gears and not just mecha inspired by HG and VOTOMs and the like.

I remember my GM described GRELs as looking like O2 deprived pale guys, whose skin was pallid with pink or purple highlights instead of beige-brown or reddish.

Like white people after a hard workout and a frigid cold shower.

The art of Blue / Purple people is pretty comical by comparison and doesn't really seem to have a reason other than for easy differentiation of GRELs from regular human stock.

That's a pretty good take on them, I always kind of imagine them looking like the Engineer from the movie Prometheus but with more of a purplish tint to the skin tone.

What's the status with the blitz rule book? I can't seem to figure out what the latest edition is from dp's website.

The one on drivethru RPG is always the latest, if I remember right.

user is correct here

Maybe Ghislain just like purple, that's why he gave the gears purple toes.

Fucker reminds me of the Neosapiens from Exo Squad.

That's basically what GREL are.

>tfw you now want to run SilCore Exo-Squad...

/m/an here, this is the game based on Votoms right?
Is there a Scopedog equivalent?

Probably the Jager in appearance and role, all the Southern Gears have the VOTOMs-esque rounded armor aesthetic as well.

>i think the basilisk fits the bill.

I was just about to post "the Basilisk is a lot closer in appearance though" with that exact same image.

I remember someone posting a D6 System conversion for Heavy Gear, does anyone still have the links?

How's the game doing these days anyways? I've got first edition books back at my folks place (never did bother to move the giant armoire of books once PDFs came about)...

Hull-mounted-HPC Sniper Jerboa WHEN???

If we need a theme song...

youtu.be/J8hwDQJRU7E