I know of Mage: The Awakening and of Unknown Armies...

I know of Mage: The Awakening and of Unknown Armies. I'm curious about other settings that can be used for this kind of fantasy/horror tone where ideas have power in a very literal sense and there really are massive conspiracies trying to keep the public blind.

I'm also interested in any good sources of inspiration, any ideas, etc.

I'll share what I have to start.

Inspiration:
>Hellblazer
>The Invisibles
>Grant Morrison IRL
>Anything by Robert Anton Wilson
>Twin Peaks
>Welcome to Night Vale
>True Detective (at least season 1, I haven't watched season 2)
>Kraken, by China Mieville
>medieval grimoires
>conspiracy theory forums
>The Society of the Spectacle, by Guy Debord
>looking into your own soul
>deeper
>deeper
>wait
>not there
>never look there

bump

Dread (not the Jenga one) is a more splatterpunk version, but has a setting revolving around modern-day horror.

KULT is a far more psychological game - never played it, but I've heard a lot of good things.

Oh, and Nemesis, obviously.

hold on, didn't taco bell win those wars

Only in the good timeline.

REDMASTIME

>taco bell winning
>good
the good timeline is the one where pizza hut won

A world ruled by the Noid is devoid.

The King, followed closely by The Colonel, are the most schway out of all of them.

what's weirdest about this image isn't the image or the macro itself, but that fact that there's 4 more images titled in sequence with this one but all the rest are corrupted in some way so my computer won't show me what they were nor will Veeky Forums let me upload them so I have no idea what they could be about specifically.

All settings can use it.

Besides the stuff mentioned in the Delta Green thread, there's also Dresden Files.

Wait a second, I've been to Sweden. There are no fire-eaters there. And I think that hand statue is actually in Norway.

The Laundry Files.

It's like a very, very British take on Delta Green. With less sanity slippage and more stiff upper lip and very dry, eyebrow-raising, ironic humor.

Basically Unknown Armies.