Tales from Veeky Forums #2

Might as well make this a thing Edition.

Post your stories, good or bad, That Guy or This Guy, LGS or a Game of Catan at your Friend's house.

Don't have a story? Post your favorite screencap.

A classic.

I have a couple on hand.

Sorry, this is the good version.

These and the next one are related.

Fuck, of course I forget file.

>Vampire: The Masquerade
>Set in the medievals
>Party Nosferatu wants to spy on powerful Toreador so sneaks into his castle while invisible
>Botches stealth roll
>Bumps into Toreador
>Literally
>Toreador has fun playing a guessing game before the player jumps out the window and grabs onto the balcony
>Toreador rakes a sword around the balcony wondering if the Nosferatu is still there.
>Concluding that he is gone, goes back into castle
>"Dude, just cut your losses."
>"Nah, Imma sneak back in"
>Botches stealth roll
>Bumps into Toreador again
>"We must stop meeting like this."
>Nosferatu jumps out window and celerities away
>Toreador uses Summon

The next game is going to be fuuun~~~

Toreador and Nosferatu fall in forbidden love.

Oh I think this is my favorite screencap.

So, OP of the original thread here. A follow-up on the tale of Benny.

You guys remember Benny's girlfriend? I mentioned that she had it out for the game store. Well, this is what happened when she came in to the store, according to the owner.

Apparently, she was trying to get the game store owner to act as a witness that Benny hadn't done anything wrong (obviously he did) and threatened to sue the game store for "hosting disreputable company"(AKA the customers who had made fun of Benny, and the guys who had tackled him) Well, obviously the owner refused. So, she takes what is obviously the most logical course of action: she turns around, and in a fit of rage sweeps the merchandise off the nearest shelf, then flips the shelf upwards.

Now, these shelves are like the kind you see in grocery stores, with the detachable segments. This girl manages to detach the first shelf, send it flying up to the top shelf, where it knocks the merchandise lose, sending both that and the shelf back towards her.

The top shelf is where the owner keeps glass and porcelain figurines as in Pic-related, in order to keep them away from kids. So, yeah, this all comes crashing down on her, and long story short the girl left the shop with a hand full of glass shards a bruised leg, and a bill for the ruined merchandise(which she refused to pay) She's now attempting to sue for shoddy infrastructure unless the staff testifies for Benny.

Honestly, the owner might have been worried about that... were it not for the 12-hour camera he keeps above the register and main display case, which captured her outburst in full.

More on this as it develops.

YES

I would do this but the player is already salty about biting off more than they can chew. They are probably going to be black mailed to shit.

The definitely evil BBEG thinks my character is too evil, even by their standards.
You see, the BBEG is the sovereign ruler of my character's nation. This character is an absolute patriot, along with his entire family, and he's fought in wars for the sake of this country. The ruler has been the same individual for thousands of years, and has been switching bodies with its children in order to stay alive. The party learned of this, so he convinced the party to inform the BBEG that they knew and reassure them that they were going to remain loyal in spite of this fact, which threw it off-guard. It (by the way, i've been using 'it' and 'they' because i have no idea if this thing was originally a dude or a chick before it started switching bodies) accepted our offering of loyalty, and after a bit of chit-chat, the conversation eventually turned to dealing with both the internal threats to the country of the corrupt nobility, and the external threat of a nearby country that recently arranged an attack. My character's suggestion, naturally, was to engineer a disease that only affected nonhumans. The sovereign's country was primarily human, the invading country was primarily nonhuman, and the corrupt nobles were sentimentally attached to nonhuman pets, so they would almost certainly oppose any public action against nonhumans. My character had also suggested that he could simply assassinate the corrupt nobility, because despite being a noble himself, he hated nonhumans quite a lot, and anyone who sympathized with them.

In the end, both proposals were shot down for going too far. The sovereign wanted to stay inside the law, and felt that viral genocide was too extreme. Surprisingly, the rest of the party had a lot less of an issue with these proposals than the BBEG did. In fact, they helped refine some of the ideas.

Anybody got the one with the BBEG Lich that's just fucking around with the party?
I recall something about exploding treefrogs that play comptown racers being in it

This is one of the most magnificent and gripping storytimes i've ever read. Totally worth the long read.

This one is a magnificent story about someone in a broken system that messed up in character creation only to get vengance by having accidentely build the most broken character. Also a very gripping story, altough i would like to know in which kind of fashin this was played since it seemed to involve mods and forums.
And even if there is the possibility some of that is made up, and people like calling "Things that never happened" i think Veeky Forums should be the first people to understand that sometimes the best stories are make-belief

Eh, just a thing that happened.

>marching section
>I make one player roll and he gets a small movement penalty because he's shoes couldn't take the pace
>he grumbles IC
>other guy goes "HEY! Think of instead, a girl worth fighting for!"
>entire table starts singing
And I sit there, facing a big, fat reality check. Here we are. A group of grown up people, playing imaginary characters, singing Disney songs.
A small "goddamnit" appeared in my head

sure enough at the very end the same session I unintentionally said to "let's get down to business". I might be an idiot

Don't call it "Jirik the Kobold," you give away the ending. Calling it "Obongo the Kobold," or even just "The Kobold."

Bump

This the one?