Famine

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pale horse. You fucked it up.

Nope. Read Revelation 6:5 again. Black Horse is Famine. Revelation 6:8 is when the Pale Horse shows up, and its rider's name is Death, and Hades follows close behind, etc.

Fucking told!

Also hey Op what the fuck is supposed to go on in this thread?

I thought OP was gonna post some good shit

not just one post

OP is always a fag.

Is there a particular direction you wanted to take this topic, OP? Like, an ITT? ITT we discuss the horsemen that don't get a lot of attention? Cuz right now it looks like a directionless twitter post by a bible-verse-o-the-day bot that mostly gets followed by people's moms

>Not memorizing Revelation

>I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.
Conquest, alternatively Famine in popular culture.

>And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

War.

> I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.”

Famine

>I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Death. "Ashen" is often popularized as "Pale".

I love the idea of Revelations happening in the modern era.

Or more specifically the 1980s.

I can assume you (and , probably also you) have read good omens?

The "Catholics are the devil" stuff can stay or go

Good Omens. It's a book about just that. Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman tag-teamed it.

The Horsemen ride motorcycles.

Mine nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
And I saw when the uniformed man opened one of the files, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four monitors saying "Come and see." I saw, and behold on the screen was a white horse: and he that sat on him had a rifle; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

And when he had opened the second file, I heard the second monitor say, Come and see.
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great missile.

And when he had opened the third file, I heard the third monitor say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four screens say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of rice for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the coal.

And when he had opened the fourth file, I heard the voice of the fourth monitor say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and nuclear fire followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with bullet, and with hunger, and with death, and with the infernal machines of man.

Reminder the four horsemen were directly inspired by the huns and are based on the fall of the Western Roman Empire

polite reminder that "Pestilence" is not a horseman

>that pic
>conquest trying to do a sick drive-by mlg headshot while wearing a sallet
>war looking like he's about to shank some motherfuckers
>famine completely fucking unimpressed
>death being chill on a extremely happy horse

You are all of those wise philanthropists who in a time of famine would vote for nothing but a supply of toothpicks

>it's a "namefag quotes every post in the thread" thread

The sword of famine is less sparing than the bayonet of the soldier.

D E E P
E
E
P

People who get up early in the morning cause famine.

Why is death wearing a japanese cat hoody in your pic?

I can't see your face
And I can't breathe your air
So I wonder why I get cold inside
When I hear your name

>it's a "namefag tries to be deep but comes off as stupid instead" thread

Out of heat, under sun comes the hunger to everyone.
Famine’s teeth, famine’s claw on the sands of Africa.

Are you the user who always tried to start those monsters ball rp threads at midnight?

I am Nightfall, servant of things that the internet forgot. The black hole that never sleep. I post that which will destroy the chan. I am Nightfall. I never forgive. I have not forgotten.

That's a body bag.

Right right. The bells in the deep and all that.

It looks like a cat ear hoodie.

It isn't one though.

How they clang, and clash, and roar !
What a horror they outpour
On the bosom of the palpitating air !
Yet the ear, it fully knows,
By the twanging,
And the clanging,
How the danger ebbs and flows ;
Yet, the ear distinctly tells,
In the jangling,
And the wrangling,
How the danger sinks and swells,
By the sinking or the swelling in the anger of the bells --
Of the bells --
Of the bells, bells, bells, bells,
Bells, bells, bells --
In the clamour and the clangour of the bells !

You have to be 18 to post on Veeky Forums friendo

Thou froward onion-eyed apple-john! Thou hath more hair than wit, and more faults than hairs, and more wealth than faults.

But it LOOKS like one. If you squint. Can't you see it?

But does Famine have the power to challenge the might of Flavor Town?

You can't find peace if you can't find a home
You can't survive as an island alone
Black heart with a gaping wound
Put back together by a troubled groove
Check yourself
Wreck your brains
Where is that P.M.A.?

Seriously, though, namefag, you're fucking terrible at trying to sound deep.

Methink’st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee.

I found this really funny for some reason

Is this what it means to "not hurt the oil and the wine"?

Oh, the panic in your eyes as lightning strikes before you
Forced down to kneel before him
Oh, the famine of God's word will drain you,
In vain you'll gasp for mercy!

Because he's a cool cat

love this art

It's like modern medieval or some shit

I'm lovin the idea of comparing the clanging of weapons and armor to the ring of bells

This is really cringe, thanks namefag for making me feel better about myself!

Isn't pale horse seen disease and pestilence also ?

Nah, that's a white horse - and yes, that is different from pale - sometimes one of things ascribed to Death is pestilence, but if Pestilence is there as a horseman in his own right then he gets the white horse (conquest usually gets left out for being too like war).

There's also a bit of confusion because after the horsemen are introduced there's the last line that has a variation over - it's
>Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.
Which could apply to all 4 horsemen - each being their method of killing people - or could just be Death and Hades - in the original "and Hell followed with him" is actually "and Hades was following with him" translation issues mean that the personification Hades is more often considered a state - using all four to kill people.

The Bible's full of things like that thanks translation ambiguity, for example most instances of "40" just mean "a lot", especially in the old testiment