Can we talk about the really problematic cultural appropriation going on in Kamigawa?

Can we talk about the really problematic cultural appropriation going on in Kamigawa?

It really bothers me that Wizards, a company of cis white men, would think they're entitled to represent Asian American culture - and, in doing so, trivialize the daily oppressions they face in a white supremacist society (e.g. not starring in a lot of movies or soap commercials). Just look at Michiko Konda, supposedly a strong Asian woman, and yet you can tell by looking at the art she's an obvious geisha fantasy stereotype. It's really just so disgusting I can't even. As a non-gender-specific individual who identifies with the struggles of Asians (I watch a lot of anime), I really think it's our job to hold Wizards accountable for its insufficient attention to diversity and privilege, and to call out its racist appropriation silencing the voices of Asian Americans around the world.

Let's start by sending Mark Rosefield abusive messages on Tumblr.

Other urls found in this thread:

talinthas.tumblr.com/post/150111624732/kaladesh-you-break-my-heart
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bait

You're like 12 years behind dude.

>Jew
>White
Pick one
Also sage
Also

Don't be an elitist. I only started playing Magic last year and took my first gender studies course this semester, but I'm just as qualified to talk about the older sets as anybody. I've already learned tons of memes.

>Asian American culture
All Kamigawa art depicts a-typical people on the plane of Kamigawa the made-the-shit-up-MTG-plane.

Your argument is completely invalid, regardless of anything anyone puts forward. The end.

Also I really take issue with your usage of the gendered word "dude". Phallogocentric language like that really contributes to making Veeky Forums a non-positive space for women, nonbinaries and trans folk.

I know this is bait, but the fact that enough people really think like this now makes me wish Y2K had been real.

I don't know about you guys, but my body is ready for some SOCIAL JUSTICE.

Dead cultures are the best cultures to steal from.

Take some Veeky Forums memes

If you aren't Japanese you can just go ahead and go fuck yourself on your gender neutral dildo.

>shitposting low quality bait
Isn't it a schoolnight for you?

Thanks for finally including us.

>All these people not realizing this is a joke post
Funnier than the OP

> low quality
> "Asian Americans around the world"
> "Mark Rosefield"
> "(I watch a lot of anime)"
I dunno, I'd give it an 8/10

Jokes are funny.
This is just a sad reminder that there really are people who legitimately believe such nonsense.

I bet you think Memoirs of a Geisha is historically accurate, and not a massive insult to Japanese culture, don't you?

Not at all, the actress who played the main character was Chinese. It was one of the most severe instances of whitewashing.

Lest you think OP pulled this out of xer ass

talinthas.tumblr.com/post/150111624732/kaladesh-you-break-my-heart

Yes.

DONT DONT YOULL SUMMON BARNEYFAG

Don't worry, that would never happen.

This is the picture you use to summon the great buttblasted one

>Pie Adventure

Excellent taste.