E-CAT35SN210_BattleTech_Touring_the_Stars_Butte_Hold.pdf

================================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech

Other urls found in this thread:

sarna.net/wiki/Hassid_Ricol
youtube.com/watch?v=P4x5KKEJeJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9wL5E2cBtjg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for PURPLE BURD WAIFU

second for
>tfw no protomech

Reminder that even in "Decision at Thunder Rift" the first piece of battletech fiction the first Drac Samurai Mechwarrior we meet is an Arab. sarna.net/wiki/Hassid_Ricol

... and?

How can Spheroids even compete?

With cheating.

With submarinesh, comradesh.

[Hunt for Red October theme intensifies]
youtube.com/watch?v=P4x5KKEJeJQ

Starfish-class nuclear torpedoes.
Remove undersea

>submarinesh

I vote Thundersub.

youtube.com/watch?v=9wL5E2cBtjg

By waiting till it comes out of the water then shooting it repeatedly.

Now you can't unsee it.

IIC looks happier. Like it's trying for an XD face.

Or just shoot it underwater. It's a light and I think it only had UMU, not HarJel so it'll go splat pretty fast either way from breeching or armour destruction.

Looks like it has both.

Welp. An ER PPC blast will still fuck its shit up regardless.

I have the perfect name for a Clanner-d up Cossack.

...The MAMUSHKA!

I like the Battlemaster and, albeit a bit less, the King Crab, Marauder II ('cause it's an angrier Marauder) and the Thug
Lyran Scout Force mechs get my respect too
Can't give enough of a fuck about other assaults

>Battlemaster
>King Crab
>Marauder II
>Thug
You're alright, user. Some solid tastes here.

>liking beemers
>>/OF/

>not liking beemers
Are you a Wolf Dragoon?

Solid but boring tbqh familia

Out of curiosity, what do you consider interesting assaults?

I'm and I feel like you have fine taste. I personally do think the Thug's a little boring and the Beemer is bland, but liking solid, but functional, assaults is nothing bad.

My personal favorite assault is, and always will be, the Great Turtle. My favorite that I can actually use in a game is the King Crab (Beats, by Crab).

It fails me how the Dracs "improved" the Charger by making the Hatamoto-chi, yet forgot to give it a second hand; it's literally a stump

Dracs suck at making mechs. Only Free Worlders make worse mechs.

>Only Free Worlders make worse mechs
I do like some of their loadout variants, like the -#M of most of the Unseen

They "improved" it by not making it completely suck. Missing one detail is insignificant.

And if they gave it 2 hands, it'd be a complete copy of the Thug, so deal with it.

Did anyone add the book to one of the mediafire links or did people forget about it?

I play St. Ives
Are there some nice Light harassers or jumping missileboats I could give to my lance?
Something which could complement with a Grasshopper or a VND-1SIC, I always deploy at least one of these two guys, they're cool

There's the dervish from next door in the suns? Inheriting a catapult or Crusader-L from the CC is also not out of the question

Jumping missileboats are kind of a rarity

>Light jumping missileboats
You want the Sling. But the universe hates us and killed it during the 1SW. If your group is chill, they might let you put it back into production or find one in a SL cache somewhere. Otherwise, there's also the Thorn, but it doesn't jump usually. You can refit one though.

Light missile boat is kind of a strange category and has very very few members.

Replacing the LRM on the shadow hawk 2k for 3 medium lasers in order to give it some closer combat capability seems like a good Idea yeah?

Refit will cost me 80K cbills which is nada. Thoughts?

I'd rather swap out the SRM-2 for twin MLs

The 2k is the one that has a single PPC and one LRM 5. I don't see the point in having both and the PPC hits more reliably

There are many books in the Mediafire links. You might want to be more specific.

The latest one that came out about wolverine. It wasn't there so I posted a link to it last thread.

Oh, if you're refitting a -2K, then that's definitely a good choice

You forgot the Valkyrie. There's good odds St. Ives would have a few put together from 4SW wreckage.

You forgot the Valkyrie. St. Ives should have a few, rebuilt from 4SW salvage.

Okay, seriously, WTF... I refreshed the page 3 times before re-sending, then the first post makes it through just as I repost?

Sounds about right. I've had that happen more than a few times.
Also, St.ives could almost certainly buy valks outright, rather than just relying on old salvage, so I suspect that you'd see a decent number in SIC forces

He also forgot the uglies of the Garm and the Dong, both made to compete with Valkyries. One to compete with them as enemies and one to compete with them in the same army.

You could also pod mount jets to the free market Omnis. Stuff like the Owens has an LRM standard config anyway.

If he ditches the jump requirement, then that adds stuff like the Anubis, LRM Raven, and possibly Hammers purchased from the FWL.

I would've thought so too, but they don't have them by the MUL. Kinda surprised they didn't field more Davion surplus hardware.

>Sling
Fuck yeah.
>Light missile boats
There are more than you think, actually. Especially in the later eras, but there were actually quite a few in the Introtech era as well, just most of them were variants. Jumpy ones? That's a bit tougher, yeah. The Hornet and Firefly come to mind; their Introtech versions aren't too bad. The Firefly in particular is a nasty little shit, even if it's got the movement profile of a medium trooper.

Firefly is basically Goon only though so not that useful. Hornet is Fed and they already got the Valk, but at least those got spread around on the general merc market a bit in the late-3rd war.

Noob here. I bought the Battletech starter box the other day and I'm having some trouble understanding the rules. Are there any good videos that explain the rules on YouTube?

>Not an imp and urbie
You had one job

>not "my wife's son"
stravag

>not "my wife's freebirth"

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this mech is ugly. It does not expand dong. Not at all.

>tfw no Regulan breakthrough tank regiment with Ganesha in unit logo

>associated with the removal of obstacles

what about me papa!?

There's a lot of videos of people playing, not so much video tutorials. Pretty simple though.

Roll initiative

Everyone moves (stick dice next to each mech so you remember how far they moved and if they jumped) (track your own heat for movement walk/run/jump)

Everyone shoots (Add together the base gunner skill, range modifier for the weapon, movement modifier for the shooter, and movement of the target)

Rack up the damage and the heat, and repeat.

There's a couple other effects as far as intervening terrain, overheating, movement cost over various terrain, what have you. But as long as you get the basics down, it's just a matter of referring a couple tables until its all second nature.

Goon garbage. Where's my Awesomebro's at?

Thanks. It's the heat that I was having a problem understanding though. Where does it say how much heat is generated by shooting guns and moving? And also what sort of robot is the one on the cover, pic related.

So I have a question for anyone able to answer this. I'm mostly a games fag and something I noticed was that nearly every Mechwarrior game it was better to boat a single weapon. This presumably doesn't work in the table top, yet does in the games. Why is that?

Should be in the tables on the record sheets.

Walking is +1 heat
Running is +2
Jump is +3 minimum or equal to the jump distance if you jump 3 or more.

Guns should have it in the same area as their range table. Like medium lasers are +3 heat

Mech on the front is the ASD-7 Atlas, old Skullface himself. Big bad hundred ton assault command mech.

It can work in the tabletop. That's why you have ML boats and gausswalls. It's just boring is all.

Things like minimum ranges, the way damage is distributed, and actually suffering the effects of high heat on the tabletop are what largely differentiate the Mechwarrior games from classic Battletech.

Plus you know, the awesome utility of hands and physical combat, which the video games never really did.

I long for a game that models mech physical combat.

I want to rip and tear a light with an Atlas.

New vidya will have melee

I think he meant the simulator type games. Looking forward to the new harebrained one though. Looks like a good successor to mech commander mixed with megamek.

The turn based one on Kikestarter? I haven't paid too close attention to that one. I have hope for it though.

Yeah that one
Cautious optimism is the way to go I think. The shadowrun games were pretty good I thought, so we'll see.

Bracketing a mech for one optimal range can be handy but can limit you, especially if you don't have the speed to keep your target in that range bracket. A base model Atlas can do tremendous damage in close quarters with its AC/20 but only moves with 3/5MP, so it will have trouble closing on a target. That's why it also carries a LRM launcher.

The other reason would be heat and ammunition concerns. Pack a bunch of lasers on one mech and you'll also need to pack enough heatsinks to dissipate your buildup. If you can't fit enough then you have to deal with firing only a certain amount every turn. The Awesome is a good example of this issue, it has 3 PPCs which will build up 30 heat each turn if you fire all three, but only 28 heatsinks, so you can't constantly fire them without having breaks of 2/turn or you'll start suffering overheating issues. Nowadays this isn't much of an issue outside of the succession wars era since Double Heat-sinks are a thing.

If you're boating anything other than lasers then your concern is ammunition. The more ammunition fed weapons you have, the more ammo you need to carry. The more ammo you have, the higher the likelihood a critical hit will damage one of your ammo bins. If you have CASE you'll be lucky to lose only that section. If you don't, that's a guaranteed goodbye for your mech.

>If you have CASE you'll be lucky to lose only that section. If you don't, that's a guaranteed goodbye for your mech.

A ton of machine gun ammo does 400 points of damage!

>take a bog standard Stinger with a bog standard pilot on extended recon in madmaxtech era with a full bin of ammo and MG's set to rapid
>run into enemy infantry, tanks, and mechs but miraculously survive over weeks of game time
>take out 2 rifle platoons, 2 vedettes, a galleon, a manticore and a wasp, plus engage way more enemies than that including crippling the gyro of the militia captain's phawk
>every killshot strangely with the MG's or kicks
>ride back into base at the end with 1 CT internal and no armor on the front or back, no right arm, and a dry MG bin

Nicknamed that ride Jackie Chan after that.

Congratulations on being the first man in history to actually run a ton of MG ammo dry

Happens more often than you think if you run your guns rapid fire and don't get to top up the bin every battle. I had a merc campaign on a backwater FWL world where stores got so low, I had to divy up a single ton of MG ammo between eight mechs and switch them all to standard fire to make it last.

You can burn up to 18 shots a round from a single machine gun.

>jumpan and shootan MGs on rapidfire
>riding the heat scale in a stinger
It's like I'm taking crazy pills!

>Not riding the heat scale hard in absolutely everything
>no CASE
>final destination

Well, I guess I wouldn't do it in a Phawk. That thing rides the scales hard enough you're thankful for some 0 heat weapons up close.

I'm reminded of the time I basically self destructed a "Fire Ant" Flea with rapid fire MGs when all the heat cooked off the ammo. Though IIRC I had somebody trying to backstab it, so it was basically FLIP ARMS, FINAL DESTINATION anyway.

I've got a custom 6ML stinger that I like to use, and Jesus but that thing rides or dies on the heat curve. It makes a hilarious pocket bodyguard, though

RUN HOT OR DIE, BABY

>refit a Catapult into one of these
>set the machine guns for rapid fire
>pull trigger and watch the glorious storm of bullets

I bet that will sound like the strafing run of a wing of A-10's. Glorious.

It'd overheat like a mofo; each MG generates 1-6 heat in rapid fire mode. It has 2 SHS. Ouch.

Firefly is only a Goon ride if you accept FASA's bullshittium that all these "after the fact" designs were made extinct by the SWs holds water. Especially when you look at the numbers and deployment of some of those units; it just doesn't add up that they went kaput compared to rarer units that persisted. It's all just to cover their asses as to why they weren't around in Introtech to begin with, so disregard their logic at your leisure I say.

Is sound of communism.

DA, COMERADE! WE DRINK OF VICTORY!

>tfw no Shogunfu unless you join the Dragoons.

>overheat like a mofo

Standard Quickscell disclaimer: I never said the Gunapult couldn't possibly slag itself in the rapid fire mode.

By the way, didn't some user build a similar Archer but with 30+ machine guns?

>DHS
BAH!

I think there was a Charger that was built in a similar vein, as well as with RL10s.

Better?

I've got the rocket Charger saved, but no MG variant, unfortunately.

>max heat 134

Well if you can't take the heat you shouldn't get in the kitchen.

Wait, that wasn't the rocket Charger I was thinking of. This is the 134 heat variant.

>IIC
>no ferro lam
BAH!
Just kidding, they are both bretty gud.

I don't have either the MG Charger or the MG Archer saved, but goddamn if I don't want to see them. I mean I could just make them but I'm the sort that would rather see the original post. Though, now I kinda want to mess with an Archer that has machine guns...

FerroLam's a trap except on mech's expressly designed for it from the start, sadly. Have an iATM version.

>Though, now I kinda want to mess with an Archer that has machine guns...
Since the books have said if you can think of doing it to an Archer, someone probably has, it very likely exists already. So go nuts.

Digging through the various archives, I struck gold - I mean MG ammo - and found the classic MG Archer. It took part in a Megamek Archer variant battle and I remember it fired a full broadside but hit with just two or three guns.

I'll see if I can dig up the MG Charger.

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DOOOOOOOO

>iATM Shogun
You have no soul. iATMs are so frigging powerful.

And then the WrassleHogs sued over the Machine Gun Knees. Or else they loved it, who knows? I knew I had seen it someplace; good find user.

How about an iATM tank?

>40 machineguns
BAPTIZED IN FIRE, FORTY TO ONE

SPIRITS OF SPARTANS, DEATH AND GLORY

...where?

Whoops, grabbed the wrong one. That's just a Bane 3.

You saw the purest expression of MISSILE, and I regret nothing.

Needs to be a superheavy Hovercraft for maximum buttrape.

We need a Laserpult.

I LIVE! I DIE! I LIVE AGAIN!

>We need a Laserpult.
>replace HS with laser HS
>leave everything else as it was

>"I am the scales of justice! Conductor of the choir of death! Sing, Brother Heckler! Sing, Brother Koch! Sing, brothers! Sing! SING!"