Fucking beardlets, when will they learn?

You're a dwarf. The mountain holds are under attack by goblins and you need a weapon. What do you choose?

>a dirk, short sword or spear
>quick, thrusting weapons that excel in cramped, formation fighting or close quarter combat

or

>an axe, warhammer or pick
>slow, swinging weapons that require reach and a large degree of movement to be effective

Huh. I think I know why beardlets are always a dying race guys...

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Plan-a-Disney-Vacation)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>slow, swinging weapons that require reach and a large degree of movement to be effective

Dwarfs a short. Shorter arms. Shorter swing radius.

Dwarf tunnels are hard for human sized races to fight in, plenty of room for dwarfs and goblins to fight. Plus the bridge rails are dwarfs sized as well so they could easily push or sweep a human or orc over the side and into a canyon.

But dwarf sized weapons are smaller than regular ones. And those weapons arent actually slow anyway.

Considering goblins probably have shitty or no armor, there is no point in bringing anti-armor weapons in the first place.

Why are Dwarves always depicted as a combination of Anglo-Saxons, Scottish highlanders, and Norse?

>49341794
Because it's cool. The creepy faces on the armour and buildings are cool as well.

Good job responding to my post idiot

Next time just click on the post number

>49341906
Oh, I thought you were trolling with that image so I wanted to avoid giving you a red (You)

Stop. Last warning before you make me hurt you irl

>You should pick a combat weapon that wont get diminished efficiency in closed halls
>You know, like a spear.

Good job OP

>49342087
DO IT FAGGOT

>49342330
TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME!

a set of 6 steel masterwork beer steins

>implying a phalanx wouldn't be king underground

You can't flank through solid rock user.

>shit non druids say

Because Dwarves are part of the Norse mythology.

And the other two were extensively raped by the Norse.

>49342330
>49342943
My heroes.

Ever think dorf weapons were designed for dwarf vs dwarf? The little manlets are encased in the strongest armour, without a cavaly charge poking with pointy bits wont do dick. Axes have heavy heads and hooks at the end. The hook can be hooked on armour used to gain control of the enemy. The weighted end of the axe makes it great for breaking necks and limbs since good fucking luck piercing dorf armour. Oh no a group of humans made it through all the traps we rely on for defence from outsiders. Lol wtf are they poking me with, just let me break the wood handle of this spear with my axe.

Dwarfs are idiots who exist solely to build vendor trash and seal themselves away the moment shit goes south on the surface, so it makes sense that the only weapons they'd ever learn how to use are glorified tools.

>large scale human invasion of dwarf hole
>After a few weeks we tear down the door to thier hold
>March in expecting resistance
>one dwarf with an axe
>laughingspear.prchmnt
>dwarf swings axe into nearby rope
>room fills with magma
>die

Why are you being rude, user? Uncool, dude.

Ooh a tough guy

Was that picture made badly on purpose?

I've never seen Scottish influence except the occasional accent like Gimli.

Fucking implying races that live to dig wouldn't employ sappers and plan around opening tunnels to turn the enemy's flank.

Digging a counter tunnel is neither fast nor quiet. That hardly makes for an effective flanking maneuver.

>ITT: An user who knows nothing at all about formation combat.
Keep up the good work user.
You make us all look better, and that's an invaluable service.

>it's an user who also knows shit makes a snide greentext to act like he's hot shit episode

Love those ones.

If you can't walk through the ground or fly through the sky, you fail at life user

>be green skinned faggot
>lol the dwarves are easy pickings
>go into the tunnels expecting a head on fight
>every inch is lined with murder holes that bolts and pikes can be thrust through
>finally get through
>only realize that the tunnel is a giant u bend when the dwarves flood the tunnels
>our drowned bloated corpses get flushed out with logs of dwarven shit when the tunnel drains

Stupid gobniggers who can't into defensive fortifications stop posting

Well your not looking hard enough. Warhammer setting is basically Scottish dwarves, with their clans, accents and rough personality.

>Implying a certain TACTICAL GENIUS couldn't do it anyways.

Because the shift from being jews has been socially acceptable since Tolkien.

You racist sonofabitch.

Spears just seem like they'd be an awkward weapon if an enemy was getting too close to you, like close enough to use a short sword or even a knife. To hear spearfaggots talk about spears, absolutely nothing can defeat them.

And axes and warhammers don't have to be huge - most are one-handed, and you can smaller hatchets. And best of all, you can put a spike on the end of the longer ones, so you could use them as a crude spear if you still needed one. Multi purpose tool.

And specifically for the dwarves, they'll often fight against enemies that aren't fighting in formations, like goblins and kobolds, or huge underground monsters. A level of individuality and freedom of movement, even for those stunty buggers, is going to be worth a lot more than a formation that can't fully close with their skirmishing enemy, or will get smashed by a cave troll.

its more the fact that their weapons are dual use, picks and axes and hammers are for working men when they killing is done, not like dainty knights and lords who were born into the soft life.

yes, because all tunnels are straight and have zero side tunnels
phalanx would be fucked the moment a side tunnel appears, 'cos it's flanks are terribly defenseless

and in case of cave in, ALL of the phalanx is fucked. any other formation would have at least slim chance of escaping. not phalanx.

this

What do you mean?

Its just a photo of your avarage australian family enjoying some quality time.

Considering that the source (wikihow.com/Plan-a-Disney-Vacation) replaced the images, probably not.

Looks like the old artist preferred to trace photos, a couple of which are still there.

>shit retards say

Pretty sure I've read before that Warhammer dwarves are based on a community of miners on the north coast of England or something.

It is grim up north.

But Dawi have cultural differences from hold to hold; only the Northern dwarves are described as being particularly Scottish-y.

Mind you, most Americans can't tell Scots from Irish from Northern English.

>massive, wieldy weapons that compliment dwarven build, andd erive from mining and smithing tools mastered over span of centuries

eh, i don't see the problem here.

>Muh rapiers shortswords and Spears for dorfs

This meme was literally invented by Reddit armchair historicals not understanding shit.

Dwarves would fight most of their battles underground.

Now, what do Dwarves tradtionally use to carve out their mining ways?

Mattocks and Pickaxes. Now, if they can casually swing Mattocks and Pickaxes, and if any of you morons actually knew a Pickaxe full swing is an almost 360 degree vertical arc to get as much power into the blow as possible, you'd understand that Dwarves clearly have ample room for axes and Hammers.

Nevermind this idea comes from Historical references to Saxon and Norse shieldwalls and the relevence of the Dane Axe in History.

The Dane axe being the grandfather of the Halberd.

Warhammer Dwarves are based on Yorkshire.

A mixture of Mining culture and Yorkshire having the most viking influenced culture of England.

As an amerifat, I can confirm. An assumed stereotypical Irish accent here apparently sounds more like a Welsh accent.

The Total War Warhammer game is pretty amusing because nearly all the voice actors for the Dwarves are from Northern England.

Not a single scot.

And Gimli ironically is a welshman.

>shields are OP in tunnels, as long as you can fit them
>long spears don't do well going around corners, up and down ladders, up or down spiral stairs, etc.
>javelins and throwing axes are actually bretty good against shields
>you probably have your pick and/or axe on you at any given time regardless
>chopping down the right supports and collapsing tunnels on enemies is probably a better tactic than a fair fight in a lot of cases anyway

American irish cant tell irish and scotts appart. I kid you not.

Dwarves just gas their invaders to death.

Humans arent used to thin cave air and all that fungi, dwarves are.

>Dwarves are actually in a symbiotic relationship with fungi, the fungi living inside their lungs and help with filtering the damp cave air

Gross.

>the beards are just mold

Yeah but that's Warhammer. Everyone knows Warhammer a shit.

It does make you wonder - I think you could make the argument that spears worked best for medieval warfare because medieval warfare was based mainly around the idea that all the infantry would have spears and shields. So wouldn't how you'd fight change if you were fighting with axes, since a shield-wall wouldn't be as useful?

>the dwarves are just mold.
>its just in a symbiotic relationship with the small fluffy creature that grows into it like nerves
>from birth they are distingiushable but soon they merge so much that the fungi simply becomes a body for the brain
>copulation with dwarves usually results in yeast infections

>>copulation with dwarves usually results in yeast infections
As opposed to...?

Shieldwalls worked perfectly with axes.

Axes are actually one of the best tools WITH a shieldwall because you can basically split shields or push them around better with an axe.

Alchohol burns on your dick.
Metals poisoning on your dick
Magma on your dick

Since everyone wanks about the superweapon that is spear formations in tunnel warfare what about the actually historically proven superweapon: Mounted atchers?