Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF
mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-mage-condition-and-numina-cards/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510

>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/life-on-mars-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What's your favorite minor splat and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonyxpath.com/enough-with-the-conventions-already-monday-meeting-notes/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473621202642.webm
drivethrurpg.com/product/187949/Storypath-System-Preview
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473885445557.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What's your favorite minor splat and why?
SCIONS

Wrong meeting notes, my bad

theonyxpath.com/enough-with-the-conventions-already-monday-meeting-notes/

So I'm going to ask this, in the setting I'll be in the pack that controlled Wisconsin were the supernatural top dogs. They permitted Vampires and other supernatural in there land but it was understood it was because the pack felt they added to the ecosystem or benefited them.

Now that super pack is gone, it's shattered fragments building small weak packs of survivors. Meaning there is a clear power vaccum. What is likely to threaten Milwaukee wanting to fill that vaccum?

SCIONS

Scions?

SCIONS

Tell me about the gods user, why do they wear the Mantles?!

That...that would be like worrying the ST is going to say Terrestrial exalted are coming to fill the power vaccum.

What is the nature of royalty?

Your group, if you're lucky. Most likely, though, you'll see a rise in Pure and Spirit activity, if this will actually matter for your game.

7 syllables

If I took it off, would you be fatebound?

A continuous cutting motion.

Hey, back when the Solars were in charge that might be a valid concern if some unfortunate Dragonblooded interdimensional expedition force got scattered through the cosmos.

I don't know, this feels like a question that there's a known rote or historical answer to but I don't know it.

Mages, probably. They don't spread the way vamps do, they happen. Wherever people are, there are mages.

Pure.

Without werewolves hunting shit, things are going to get unbalanced. Monsters are going to come. Spirits will claim, hosts will invade, magicians will fuck shit up, the Pure will bring heathen spirit totems.

Revenge of the Nerds was and still is great, your shit taste is showing /wodg/

The answer is

Revenge of the Nerds is shit tier. Ghostbusters and Police Academy blew that trash out of the water in the same damn year.

I doubt this. A seer maybe, but pentacle mages don't seem to care enough to fill vast power vacuums.

They'll just be in the background, jacking off over some mysteries.

Revenge of the nerds is like the poster child for 'movie that didn't age well'.

Bad story, bad acting, from a bad time.

What does it mean?

That the nature of royalty is a continuous cutting motion.

Does that mean butchers are the real royalty?

Only royalty over meat. Just as surgeons are royalty over infection and injury. No true royalty learns to cut with words things that are only expressed and dreamed.

Is VtM: Bloodlines any good?

It's a janky game, even with the patch that fixes the game, but it's still one of the best immersive games of its era.

so hey I just realized something. A Master of Death can create ghost of other people including mages.
and ghost mages keep their rmRotes as numina.

so why don't death master create ghost of others master mages to her access to their Rotes?

The game is meant to appeal to edgy teenage boys. Everything is dark and grim in a cringey way, especially with the South Parkian humour ripped straight out of GTA, the fact that every female character dresses like a hooker, the goth sound track (which, ngl, is pretty good sometimes)...

The game is really bad. It's an oWoD game.

It's also really good. If you can get over the setting's inherent stupidity, it's definitely the best version of the oWoD. The writing is also pretty good, even if the story is garbage with an asspull ending that explains nothing.

But as a piece of advice: When you defeat Andrei, just bust out the console commands and cheat, because the rest of the game is garbage. The story is worth finishing, even if the ending is a hastily cobbled together mess that doesn't explain anything, but the gameplay goes down the fucking toilet. The first few levels have really good level design, and a lot of the worldbuilding is good, even if the world itself is silly. There's a reason Ocean House is still well regarded; play that level with headphones on in a darkened room.

But quickly the level design goes to shit as they realized they needed to pad out the fucking game and Activision fucked them over to the point that they still needed to rush it. So most of the levels are dungeon crawls with shitty shooter mechanics and even shittier melee mechanics.

I honestly think it's reputation is overblown by people who love the beginning but forget how shitty the rest of the game is. Still, it's definitely the best worst game I've ever played.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473621202642.webm

Fuckin Pometheans

Does anyone want to work on making a Mage the Ascension port into StoryPath with me?

We don't even have enough of Storypath.

Otherwise, I'd be making a Storypath game.

Mortals, Milwaukee a shit.

Never firestorms, not even once.

I still have no idea where any info on 'Storypath' has been given.

My group will be playing in an all-splat game set in the 400s Mediterranean. I'll be playing a Repentant Vampire seeking Golconda, and trying to hide my nature as long as possible. Any suggestions for unconventional Feeding and or hunting methods? My usual tactic of luring degenerates off of Craigslist won't work here

Be the group's cook and buy live animals.

>400s

You could probably do a Scion reskin for that once it hits, given how Storypath is meant to be able to handle anything from the epic children of gods to space adventurers.

Two words: Transkindred. Vampires.

I legit don't even know what that would mean.

fucking triggered

Insisting you're of a different Clan than you in fact are?

400's?

That's before Rome went Christian right? Well you could feed on donated blood, you know just don't kill your feeding partners, keep them alive. Feed on heretics (christians), or heathens (if your Christian), or on lions because lions are feeding on your fellows.

I was thinking of Transhumanism, think Deus Ex or Eclipse Phase, and how something like this would apply to the Vampire Clans.

Cisclan scum

Close?
300s is when Constantine converted and declared Christianity legal.

How long it took it to become the religion of Rome, I dunno. But by 330 you could (more) safely be Christian in Rome.

That's basically the end goal of the Ordo Dracul, to transcend their vampiric state. What that means in the end of course is up for debate.

>Look at this Gangrel who thinks they're really a Daeva

Bro

>>Look at this Gangrel who thinks they're really a Daeva
This made me think of Greebo from Discworld in the few cases that he's actually human. He's like a Pirate who knows the real meaning of Jolly Roger and he can commit sexual harassment by sitting quietly in the next room.

Forgot pic.

He's a cat who is also a human and also a transpirate? Is pirate its own separate species or gender in Discworld?

Street Fighter as the third Storypath gameline.

Y/N?

No pirate is a descriptor...it's used when he appears in human in the book parodying Phantom of the Opera.

He's only human because of something that happened in the second novel focused on the witches, and ever since then, when he's been confronted with something that can't be avoided the way a cat would normally do it...he turns into a human.

>>Look at this Gangrel who thinks they're really a Daeva
Tiafa?

Amusingly, user, this is one of the things covered in Signs of Sorcery. Also making a Goetic copy of someone from their Soul Stone that you install in your Oneiros as a virtual Mentor.

(Don't worry about the DT link - it's free)

Is this enough for me to make a Storypath homebrew?

Also, is Storypath going to be available for people to license it and make sanctioned hacks, the way that Apocalypse World and Cortex and Cypher are?

All this talk of Kindred who are convinced they are part of a completely different Clan to the one they were ACTUALLY Embraced to intrigues me.

Maybe you could represent this ruleswise by giving them access to the Disciplines of the Clan they think are part of...but putting dots into those Disciplines requires more points at chargen (Levels 1-4: 2 points per dot, Level 5: 3 points per dot.)

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473885445557.webm

>Angels take down a Demon who went loud

Also the members of their true parent clan think they're embarrassing to be around, their Sire will want NOTHING to do with them and the other Clan they think they are part of treats them like shit.

>Not Ongekidou Mastigos Forces Legacy
you silly sausage.

>Average day for the God-Machine's limbs in Japan.

What if the person in question doesn't approve? Will you need to mind control their Goetia/Ghost?
That seems like it would be against the Lex.

they are mage
they can be hard to keep captive

so am I on the Dot or wrong? tell me I need to know?!

Perhaps play as a slave owner?

>Slave owner
I am confused. Is Golcanda supposed to be a path of enlightenment through being a good person to counteract the inherent evil of being a vampire? Or is it to make peace with the fact you are a vampire and operate in harmony. Because those are 2 different things.

This storypath mess... maybe I'll just make a punch of homebrews for this.

Whenever I want to homebrew, i'm always thinking of using D20, or Tri-stat, or even FATE. But when I GM, 90% of the time I'm using Storyteller.

At least Storypath is mostly similar.

Though I'm annoyed at some of the details left out of the preview.

Nigga, it's a PREview. Just chill the fuck out and look over Scion if you want to see the full thing.

I just said I'm annoyed. I'm not drafting a sternly worded letter to the editor.

You chill out.

NO YOU CHILL OUT

FUCK YOU CHILL THE FUCK OUT FAGGOT!

Holy shit, there's no need for this. Put the gun down, user.
P-put the gun down! No, please, n-no!

Kids! Settle down or I'll crash this thread into the next tree I see so help me Papa wolf!

Is that what Koschei would have been in 2ed terms?

Or a great way to have your own Bob the skull.

>Or a great way to have Bob in your own skull.
Fixed it.

I'm pretty sure you could...
Hey wait are there such things as spirits of magic? Could I recreate Bob? How would I do this?

Is NWod chicago city book any good?

Anything is possible with ~IMAGINATION~

>furry thread on the forums

pls no

>Storypath-System-Preview

It would have been easier to simply use Fate for Scion and Aeon rather than spend so much time and resources creating an Onyx Path version of a similar narrative system.

I'll reserve judgment until I see the final games, but I personally like a lot more crunch.

I think it'd be much easier to find a goetic concept of Arcane Lore, than it'd be of finding a Spirit.

There's a preview?

Dave linked to it above.

Golconda is mostly myths and legends, in the end it's up to your ST.

Wouldn't there be spirits of magic at like, entry counsilium?

*every.

I mean, spirits of magic would be weird, their influence probably sucking
But still.

Imagine if some spirit mage decided to make one big and fat, and it got powerful enough to stop or control mana use in an area.

Imagine an idigam who solidified on the influence of magic.

How fucked do you guys think everyone would be if an Idigam solidified around an Awakened soul? I can imagine some crackpot Mage actually thinking this is a good idea too.

While I appreciate the whole 'lel Mages do funny stuff' meme. Short of some master of spirit, I don't think we should expect any general mage dickery to really do much to an Idigam besides piss it off.

Even then, considering their nature, a master would just delay pissing it off.

I'm not talking about doing it because they're stupid. I could totally see a Mage who thought creating a spirit of Supernal magic was worth his own soul.

I've never read WtF, what is an idigam? A spirit of an idea or something?

Does anybody have a downloadable version of the vampire translation guide? The pdf that I found wont load for me.
Also, I want to run a Beast/Hunter/Vampire crossover game set in Texas, but I absolutely loathe VTR. Would it be possible to simply run v20's ruleset for the vampire players while running CofD rules for all the other splats?

>Also, I want to run a Beast/Hunter/Vampire crossover game set in Texas, but I absolutely loathe VTR. Would it be possible to simply run v20's ruleset for the vampire players while running CofD rules for all the other splats?
No, that's stupid. Just make someone else read the rules and offload a bit of GM work on them.

A spirit of *.

As in, a spirit of literally whatever it wants to be a spirit of for that scene.

>Paradox Announces they have bought WW
Sweet, I hope they announce something!
>WW holds some panel at a con in Europe
Oh, okay..maybe this is the big announcement!
>WW holds a huge 25th anniversary celebration in New Orleans
Okay, finally...the moment I've been waiting for!

Still haven't announced jack shit. If they're going to abandon the pen and paper line, they could just say so.

They are super spirits that managed to avoid getting killed by Papa Wolf by being so fluid in body and concept that they could never be contained.

So he did what any superhero would do, and he threw them into space, literally.

So now that they have returned (the lunar lander brought most of them back), they take on whatever influences they need, change bans on a whim, and have powers that you aren't going to see out of other spirits, like eating souls, creating powerful servants and heralds, purposely giving birth to screwed up spirits, and other such dickery.

I think if I've learned anything over the years, it is that WW/OP/everything related to storyteller, suffers from absolutely miserable social media.

Compare them to the big boys, and they may as well be silent. They release occasional press releases and blogs. There are individuals making homebrews that put out better PR than them.