What warhammer & warhammer 40k stories would you turn into movies?

what warhammer & warhammer 40k stories would you turn into movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ClfhBZR9-As
youtube.com/watch?v=WJ_2GzKDVwg
youtube.com/watch?v=o1cXYan0NQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

High production quality tv series for Gotrek and Felix, and Gaunt's Ghosts.
Film series for Ciaphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM (with the short stories as DVD/Blu Ray/Red Ray bonus feature shorts), and the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies.

Love Can Bloom.

It worked for Twilight.

Ciaphas Cain will be the only thing that could make it.

Grimdark humor would sell easily to the masses

But user,who would we cast as Cain?

I can't help but think of pic related. I feel like he'd manage to balance Cain's serious attitude and the more comical parts.

Ciaphas Cain, Gaunt's Ghosts, Eisenhorn and Ravenor sums it up pretty well.

And the Horus Heresy novels.

And the Last Chancer books.

The rise of the emperor, with Idris Elba as the Emperor.

What kind of question is this? Cain and Jurgen are pretty much copy pastes of Blackadder and Baldrick.

>a nigger
yeah, no

>Idris Elba
>Nigger

Pick one. Elba's one of the most admirable actors of the past few years.

The trick with Cain is somehow bringing in the metastory of the whole thing where Cain tries WAY too hard to convince you through his narration that he's a dirty coward, but at the same time is wracked with guilt when he can't remember the face of a soldier who died under him over eighty years before. He's a genuinely heroic guy, he just holds himself to the Imperium's utterly psychotic standards, which he doesn't meet by virtue of being sane.

/tv/ memer be gone

We would need some new blood for Cain

Shia Labeouf

>Hurr: the Post
Got them (you)s, are you happy?

Freeze an action sequence and have Cain narrate at certain points. Cut most of the narration out, but keep the brief and funny bits of self-deprecation in.

And then have Cain repeatedly subvert it all by proving himself to be pretty awesome whether he likes it or not.

What about the parts with Amberly?

Or I guess the movie could end with Amberly scribbling over parts with Cain waking up in bed asking her whats she doing

Having Amberly narrate either right before, or during, certain points of Cain's own narration would add this meta sense to the entire movie. Personally, I like the idea.

You end up with two layers of narrative exposition, one playing off the other, and the other actively cracking the jokes. It might come across as unwieldy in the writing, though.

Gotrek & Felix
The Vampire Genevieve
The rise and fall of Vlad von Carstein

Little biased but my first foray into 40k was reading about the Second Battle for Armageddon since I was reading a book on it, forgot which what is was. All I was thinking was that this would make for a badass movie. Still do

Age of Sigmar.

The first 40k movie should be Orks vs Guard, with Space Marines showing up in the last 1/3 of the movie. This allows people to understand the terror of fighting Orks as a normal human, but 40k's poster boys can still show up and kick ass.

40k's first movie should be about the guard or inquisition. People need to be able to relate before seeing Demi-Gods of War.

Have a glorious supercast multi-part filming of the Dark Crusade, where we follow Shas'O Kais, Farseer Taldeer, General Sturnn, Gorgutz 'Ead'unter and Davian Thule

WHAT HAPPENED ON KRONUS

15 hours would be a pretty cool movie

I would make it in the same vein as the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon series. Just like.. 20 episodes of 10 minute long battles, from small skirmishes, to fleet battles. It would be debatable whether or not to even sprinkle in some kind of over arching plot. It would depend on what you wanted the series to do exactly.

The First Heretic would make an awesome Sci-fi Tragedy... And if they were to start the horus heresy as a movie series... This would be how to start it...

Sigismund: Revengeance. Two hours of nothing but Siggy kicking ass up and down the Imperial Palace during the Siege of Terra.

Siege of Vraks

Just like The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies :^)

Two words.
Princess Bride

A trilogy depicting the tale of Nagash. The first about his kingship and inevitable exile (Ending with a shot of him collapsing in the desert and the skaven on the horizon), the second about his return and death, and the third being about his reanimation and inevitable destruction by Sigmar. Depending on how much is put in, the second could be split into two to make a tetralogy - his recovery and the Lahmians' destruction in one and their conquering of Nehekhara and the failure of his ritual in the other.

Abnett's Titanicus. You get engine combat, along with normal people acting as the viewers' proxy in the form of the tertiary. Would be a great film to see.

None of them. Dune was already a movie.

bruce campbell would be a much better choice

As much as I'd like it, I feel like Lorgar's part in the story should be hinted at until the story gets to the point Horus is wounded on Davin.

I'm enjoying my read so far and I don't think the story is too complicated for people without much prior knowledge.

I get a real sense of tradgedy from kharns story, I think it would be an increasing animated series following him all the way from the crusade to the moder 40k times

"The Tragedy of Vlad von Cartstein" would be a great in'universe book title.

Take the Imperial Guard Omnibus and turn them into movies to show different aspects of the imperial from competant and powerful to utterly inept

It'd be sick as mate. The story already rolls along like a typical Hollywood action blockbuster with Yarrick (the hero obviously) being the only sane man in command, banished to a backwater to die, turning a city into a fucking fortress and kicking so much Ork ass that the big bad Ghazghkull Thrakka has to go all out to beat him, culminating in a 1v1 duel at the end. It's a full length 40k Helms Deep, and not a Space Marine in site until the very end (where of coarse they steel the credit).

>we will never have a collection of B rate movies with decent amateur CGI and acting focusing on small "slice of life" parts of humanity without much to do with the endless war itself
Much like what GW were sort-of doing in the 90s with youtube.com/watch?v=ClfhBZR9-As

There are some short stories perfect for the job too
>virus spreading over a world
>inquisitor needs to find the cure, goes to find survivors of the last outbreak of a virus with similar symptoms
>mental institute ran by sisters with a veteran guardsman in a dark cell who was there when the virus last broke out
>doesn't want to talk about what happens, but slowly breaks down
>describes a planet with 2 suns where when one sets, the other pops up, eternal sunlight
>cut to a short planet scene, men in a trench staring out across a bright endless plain slowly going crazy
>starting to describe the infection, the guardsman starts choking up, sisters stress that he should be left for now
>inquisitor sneaks back in, can't risk the entire planet
>guardsman won't speak this time, inquisitor threatens him with light
>this brings him to the breaking point, where he then starts the story again
>describes finding where the virus was coming from and burning down the place with a flamer
>guy in a cell next to him is making a load of noise during this, inquisitor can't hear what the guardsman is saying demands he repeats himself
>in desperation, he blasts the veteran with his torch
>screaming in pain and covering his eyes, inbetween "TURN OUT THE LIGHT!" shouts he makes out the word nurgle
>sisters come and accost the inquisitor, chasing him out
>next day as the inquisitor is leaving to report his findings, he sees the guardsman's corpse being wheeled out
>died from the stress, turns out he was burnt & blind from the fire
>I can't for the life of me remember what this short story was called but it feels like it could fit into a half hour twilight-zone like series

Dead Men Walking would be interesting to see. Though as a "first experience," for a lot of 40k fans, the Korps might not be the best thing to start them off with. Maybe introduce them with something a bit less grimderp and let them work their way there.

Amberly Narrates at the beginning say that these are his accounts. Then she stays silent for the most part.
However, in places in the story where she would give exposition it's very easy to do.
Simply have Cain first give his account, where the camera shots following him, then, it can slightly desaturate and Amberly can begin talking about the world, regiment, ect... All the while the shots then follow her brief explanation, showing wide shots of the subject in question. Then it returns to the same desaturated shot and resaturates as the scene begins to follow his account again.

Another way to make sure that his "Cowardice" is put across appropriately is to have the camera focus on the small body movements that would suggest such emotion. Such as when his non augmetic fingers are shaking in fear.
Or even in the first story, when we see jurgan fall down by the tyranid, the camera can bring focus to the fact that Cain heard jurgan fall over by having a bit of time dilation where his eyes whip around, you can see him contemplating it in the split second and then he continues on wards.

Man, I would fucking love to work on a cain film.

YES.
youtube.com/watch?v=WJ_2GzKDVwg

Deff Skwadron.

battle for macragge

>space battles
>space aliens
>space marines
>space planet battles
>space tunnel battles
>ending is literally a space ship exploding so hard all of the aliens die

it's perfect

But user, they're already releasing it
youtube.com/watch?v=o1cXYan0NQA

This. And it should be at least two slow, long-ass films like Das Boot or Nothing New on the West Front that no-one would watch unless they relly care about the story in the first place. And no fucking poster name actors unless its like, Ben Kingsley as Xaphan.

Bro i still maintain that the time the salamanders get dragged into cormoragh would do really well as a high budget film.

Eisenhorn and Ravenor but as tv series not movies.

Always figured Gaunt's Ghosts would work wonders as a Band of Brothers-esque TV series. Considering how much the point of view jumps around in Abnett's books, I think that'd be the only way to get everything relevant in, without it being too cut up to make sense in a movie time slot.

>Abnett
>Using his books to introduce people into 40k's canon

Make it happen

>40k's first movie should be about the guard or inquisition. People need to be able to relate before seeing Demi-Gods of War.

I wonder if, when people were telling the tales of Hercules or Achilles there was some faggot going "well yeah, but what was the peasant doing during it? I can't relate to these demi gods!"

>Cain's first words to Amberly
>"Gimme some sugar, Baby"