Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

I Don't Remember Casting Slow On You Edition.

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft setting in a tabletop game.

Last thread:

First for best OTP that will never ever happen.

Bolvar did nothing wrong
only the unity of death can keep us together against the Legion

>Whatll it be htoshot

Draenei are cute! Cute!

goat fucker

>tfw when a friend cuts off all contact with you because you're splitting time between two servers and gets all "jealous girlfriend" on you.

Free of that obligation, at least.

no one will ever get more jealous girlfriend on you than Kil'jaeden did to Velen, so there's that

Nigga that's not a friend, that's a mental patient

I'm okay with him cutting contact with me, he was getting on my nerves over the past few weeks anyway (became one of those "gear up by X time or ELSE" types). Just a little irritated that he was kind of a bitch about it.

Any ideas for miniatures that could resemble the warcraft trolls? orcs, forsaken and tauren are quite simple, but Im struggling a bit with trolls. I know you can just use tokens but I really like the miniature aspect of ttrpgs

you'd probably have to end up using some kind of intact undead. I'm not sure what else would be gaunt and lanky enough

crouching elf with tusks

Trolls are pretty damn Veeky Forums

so are elves though
so is pretty much everyone except gnomes

Who has the best females, and why is it the Vrykul?

>are you nervous Hyrja? It's understandable if you are
>I am not nervous, only... excited
>spoken like a true val'kyr!
I love Halls of Valor

God, so many options for good new races and they don't want to put any in.

Vrykul, naga, ogres...just give us a neutral faction with all the grab-bag races already.

feels bad

>tfw BC could have given us an Illidari faction with naga, broken, blood elves and fel orcs, then given them a unique demon hunter class instead of standardizing paladins and shamans across both factions

Naga would have mount dificulties

>just give us a neutral faction
Should have been done at vanilla release with Forsaken, Blood Elves, Naga and Draenei (Broken, before TBC retcon)

>two tailed naga that can ride mounts by tying themselves to it

True, but I doubt that it'd be a huge issue for a lot of the people that would be interested in them; I certainly wouldn't mind because that's part of the mindset of playing someone with a snake tail.

Plus it would just give them an excuse to have a more unique racial mount.

not when mounting me.......

Mount issues are the official reason don't have Naga. Its like Ogres and small doorways.

Magatha and the rest of the Grimtotems believe that tauren are the superior race on Azeroth. Are they right?

At the end of the last thread there was talk of how Cairne, despite being super old, was easily kicking the shit out of Garrosh (who, in turn, could easily kick the shit out of Green Jesus himself, until he used the elephants) until he got poisoned. Tauren are just as intelligent as anyone else, and much larger and stronger, and have a much lower rate of fucking themselves over than everyone else. The only tauren who ever messed around with dark powers are the yaungol (and their incident was basically just "ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire") and the highmountain bloodtotem in this very latest patch, who only decided to drink the mountain dew when the Legion was literally setting up house next door. The grimtotems are douchebags, but Magatha is/was actually pretty competent by the standards of warcraft manipulator villains. Her only mistake was thinking Garrosh was worse than he was, and she was sort of right anyway, since he became that bad later. Then she tricked the players into getting her a magic mcguffin and buggered off and is now one of the oldest WoW villains who still hasn't really gotten a comeuppance.

Put short, the tauren seem to have very few disadvantages and to produce superior quality heroes and villains. Tauren empire when?

>Ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire

Whay the fuck man now I can't stop laughing.

>Two Pandaren sneak up on a Yaungol
>Yaungol turns and charges at them, screaming "FIGHT MEEEEE!" as he lights himself on fire

I mean holy shit that would be a sight.

Thinking about it, that's actually what a lot of the yaungol on the Timeless Isle do...

>Candlesomething non-elites - "You can't kill me if I blow myself up first!"
>Berserkers - "You can't hit me if I'm spinning like a lunatic with fiery daggers!"
>Kilnmasters - "You can't hit me if you're too busy dodging the fire I'm spraying anywhere! Also the giant fire golem chasing you around."
>High Priests - "You can't hit me if I'm busy doing everything previously mentioned at the same time! Also lol people an expac later still can't solo me easily."

Gul'dan as warchief when? Race war when? Enough of this "We must unite against a common foe" nonsense, the horde needs to pick up its balls and go back to their old ways of rape and pillage.

Vote for Gul'dan, he's your friend and only wants the best for Gul'dan.

We could find the Skull of Gul'dan, use it to resurrect our Gul'dan, and since he was killed by the Legion, he'd probably join up with us to fight them.

Gul'dan vs. Gul'dan, fight of the century.

>Are you a smug enough Warlock to become the REAL Gul'dan?

The winner end up being Arthas after he single handily defeats Bolvar and reunite with Kel'thuzad, all the while bringing the bants

>I just want to be back with Kel'thuzad sempai desu

>We could find the Skull of Gul'dan
Gul'dank's using it as a belt buckle

DK MU Gul'Dan when?

Next expansion, the Ebon blade gets to join Arthas as he and Kel go about bantering the Legion and Naga to death.

Because big Veeky Forums bitches and

val'kyr

Arthas should've been consumed by Ner'zhul.

Lich King Arthas was a mistake

Them joining into one being would have been the best thing to have happen.

Maybe we would've gotten something that wasn't the meme king then

Naturally. I don't think anyone wants Arthas the meme back, they want Arthas the Knight of Bants.

Factions were (mostly) a mistake.

>Illustrious dreadlords, I've come back to reclaim my kingdom. It looks as though even the special place in hell Uther said was meant for me couldn't handle me.

>When I said I intended to live forever, I meant it.

>Arthas reforms the Knights of the Ebon Blade into the Knights of Ebin Bants.
>First thing he tries to do is have Ebin Hold form an alliance with Archmeme Khadgar's Bouncy Castle in the Sky.

>their combined bants BTFO the Legion and Void Lords

>Tichondrious, we both seem quite unable to stay dead. Thankfully, I am here now to ensure you get to experience it... in its entirety.

Man, I wish that instead of Darion throwing away his life in Light's Hope to try and nab Tirion's corpse, they just decide to rez Arthas.

>He has his soul again, so he can actually feel remorse for his actions, but isn't emo about it
>His time being tortured in the Void makes him aware of the true enemy
>Wonders at the irony of how Sylvanas is basically the Lich Queen, and Kael basically copied him "Looks like we not only had the same taste in women, but also in life choices"

And most importantly
>still has the bants

Am I a bad person if I want this? As for a weapon, I'd give him Shadowmourne.

Guldan, please stop posting this, its sad now

Reminder that Vanilla Wow should have been
Alliance: High Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans
Horde: Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins

With Night Elves and Forsaken being part of a neutral faction that can join either Pandaria style.

I probably still would be playing legion if that had happened.

Fuck imagine the conversations with post Garrosh Jaina and Sylvanas.Kel'Thurzard making his grand re-entry into world affairs.

Or even Anduin. There could have been a whole thing with Arthas talking about how he once knew someone just like Anduin and how he needed to be careful not to let his passions control him.

Missed opportunity.

i'm down for this, considering i had to sit on being a goblin till cata, which was shit.

Would have made the most sense. People would have bitched about not being able to play as a zombie though.

Humans. WoW humans are the perfect waifu and since I quit it years ago, no other game has come close to matching their perfection.

>Illidari and scourge/EB as factions

I kind of like this but, I doubt the Nightselves would like the orcs or the trolls at all. I can understand them getting along with the Tauren though since they both love nature.

At this point in WoW i question the requirement for major factions - they've had to join together to fight some major evil so many times the PCs may as well just be freelance mercs/adventurers.

>Druids learn how to use the aspect of the frog

>HEY KID
>LET ME IN. I'M THE KING OF LORDAERON. DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN LORDAERON?

Illadin reestablishes his business selling super demon vitality and talking about the worldwide druid conspiracy.

Baine becomes a big guy and through that, warchief.

The reason the tauren have such a low rate of fucking themselves is because they are so slow to change and even then only in dire need prefering compromising to remain the same, otherwise they just take stuff as it comes and are glad for the blessings of the earth mother. Quite hobbitlike in attitude to the world if u needed an archetype, very much tied to the earth.

Cairne was far less like this than most tauren but he was still bound by this attitude and so i think he could have made a good warchief but i do not foresee a tauren superpower any time soon because they just dont have the expansionist attitude for it.

My main beef with Baine was in one of the novels or short stores or whatever where he tried to make peace with the quillboar.
Quilboar have been killing and encroaching on Tauren land since forever
They get worse after the cataclysm
Instead of fighting and wiping them out he gets the Druids to summon a fucking river to appease them
They're still slaughtering the fuck out of Tauren in the starting area
Baine pulled a shot at appeasement and it worked exactly as well as it did when Europe tried it with Germany leading up to WW2

Back in The Frozen Throne Illidan pretty much had a faction, Blood Elves, Naga and Broken. Add Forsaken for the fourth race.
Add Goblins to the Horde.
Three factions are much better than two.

no, you are a better person than kosak.
should have made the memecomic user.

Genocide is for orcs. Cairne should have asked Garrosh to wipe them out, after which his green buddies will revert back to their victim complex.

I'd support this, I just wanna play a High Elf already.

Sylvanas did nothing wrong and will be an excellent Warchief.

Sylvanas will join the Legion to cheat death.

Naga have no difficulties being mounted, trust me

She'll be the best warchief of my dick!

t. Kosak

Does everybody else think this? Was my final thought after finishing Stormheim. Hopefully that tosser Nathanos will join her.

Y-y-you're talking about female nagas right user?
And your dick.
Riiiiiight?

It's clear she's desperate to stay out of Hell. I wouldn't be surprised if she fell to her knees and begged Gul'dan not to kill her, or threw a tantrum like a 16 year old rich girl because another plan fell apart.

The penultimate raid encounter will be the tomb of Sargeras. Titan empowered Greymane squares off against Legion Sylvanas, Varians ghost whirlwinds through the encounter while Anduin, Velen and Illidan prepare to fire the Exodar at Argus.

I think you mean Greymane, Avatar of Elune

>Greymane
>Chosen of one of the gods

I can get behind that. After all he's been through, he earned it.

So long as that fuck Nathanos dies I really don't care who powers up Genn. Honestly I've never encountered a game character that made me loathe it so quickly.

Nope, da spirits said to Vol'jin that she'll save the Horde. It'll turn out that he did something right in the end. You'll see.

That's even better!

>implying it's not entirely possible for Bwonsamdi to have been pulling his leg
>implying the Loa don't do that sort of thing all the time for giggles

He was really out of it too. Maybe he missed the part where they say 'DON'T' before 'trust Sylvanas'.

she'll be the best warchief of the Shadowlands, after Bolvar sends her there

>Greymane going full retard with wolf form 24/7 and hastily training his "druidic" skills
There must always be a log'osh

How so?

after doing nothing from BC to WoD he suddenly becomes a giant fucking faggot in Legion because "muh banshee queen"

I'd lose my shit if next xpac we fight the voidlords and DKs get together with the LK as the scourge since they're pretty much immune to old god mambo bajambo.

And one of the classhalls thing is to kill Nathos and steal his body and soul to bait sylvannas in a group of DKs+necromancers (new class).

But we all know sylvannas cannot DIRECTLY lose only not get 100% of what she wants, ie not getting her immortality for now.

>da spirits said to Vol'jin that she'll save the Horde
>first thing she does as Warchief is fuck off and kidnap a god so she can keep being immortal

Thank the spirits, the Horde is saved

Wonder if this is going to come back and bite her in the arse, you'd hope so at least. The Vykrul don't seem like they'd be too happy with someone who fucks with their gods.

I thought the being she had captured was going to squash her like a bug.

But it didn't.

It was like being stuff with a passive aggressive orbiter who hadn't realized the girl didn't like him.

I felt like Barney Stinson hanging out with Ted in season 1 of how I met your Mother

>Sylvanas
>suffering consequences for her actions

o u

She likes him tho.

Ok, I want to ask, was that scene clunky for everyone? When I did it, Horde side, my character and Sylvanas walk into the hall, screen went dark, then [SCENE MISSING] and suddenly Eyir was already bound up kneeling on the ground and Sylvanas had her lamp out.

Did I miss something? Like even just some in-game text where we go stand in front of Eyir and she goes "oi who r u" and sylvanas goes "hey bitch guess what"?

Yeah I had the same issue

>too hot for live internets

>Kaldorei? You disgrace a glorious past, hiding in trees and cloaking yourselves in false piety. You have grown as savage as the trolls that skulk about your forests.
>Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves.
>Sin'dorei? Of all the elves, I thought you might understand the choice I made to save my people. Instead, you ally with misfits and monsters.
>Each of you has debased your proud lineage. Each of you has forgotten the ancient power that is our birthright.
>But Suramar remembers! We are the Nightborne, last of the true elves. The rest of you are hollow echoes of our greatness.
>Behold this motley throng in which the rebels put their faith.
>Let this failed rebellion be a lesson to any that would stand against the shal'dorei!

Reminder that if you play an elf you play a degenerate.

Nightborne are world-traitors.

This. All Night borne will hang. Praise Odyn.

around elves, watch yourselves