MtG Kaladesh Spoiler Discussion

Enchantment , 1U
Whenever an artifact or artificer enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 1. If you do, you get EE.
Pay EEEEEE , sacrifice Age of innovation : Draw three cards.

Old Thread:

That's actually really good with fabricate

It's almost beginning to look like GU are the energy-matters colors. So where does that leave RG, archetype-wise?

IIRC, didn't they say that there were going to be two energy archetypes? One that builds up a stockpile, the other that generates and uses them in bursts, or something like that?

If so, one could be UG and the other one RG.

energy seems very accessible to every color

it'll be interesting to see how it ends up getting used, seems a lot more prevalent than people are crediting it for being

>energy seems very accessible to every color
Show me two white cards besides that shitty roc that make energy.

doesn't white have fabricate out the ass? stick modules in there. Decoction module alone would be a fabricate staple

Did you hear the news about SJWs taking over Wizard of the Coast / Magic The Gathering?

Consulate Surveillance and Thriving Ibex.

I don't remember anybody saying that, but it fit what I was thinking wonderfully.

Fuck off back to /pol/. No one who matters actually cares.

I'm still not sure why I should care.

Did you hear the news about the faggot that's free to stop sending Wizards his money literally any time?

Sorry that non-white people are a trigger for you and that this thread didnt have a warning.

>mentally ill faggot crossdresser in khans block
>cuckdrazi in r2z block
>jace the buttboi and sparkly vampire fanfiction in shadows block
>black female ghostbuster in conspiracy
>gender fluid, binary, asexual aliens in poo in loo block
We tumblr now

(You)

>>cuckdrazi in r2z block
i'm honestly curious, what

You didnt need a UR legendary in kaladesh for edh because there already is a UR walker that you cant use as a commander, but here is a 12th printing of sol ring and alternate border edition of $1 gearhulks
Buy more packs

>but here's a 12th printing of sol ring with worse art
Honestly going off of art i'd prefer the gearhulks

best one's probably crucible or crypt

Thats not really a spoiler now is it?

now THIS card pictured right here is a spoiler

Just imagine, 4 mana 10/10 colossus

Eldrazi made modern sit and watch as a nigger fucked its wife format in the ass then the pussy then in the ass again then suck the shitty cum off its black dick, then they banned eye of ugin and the format died again

torrential combustible and verdurous all look better in the regular art

>discard hulk with collective brutality to see if opponent has removal
>reanimate it turn four

I can see it, it's magical christmas land but it's possible.

Might just be me but Mardu artifact-reanimation could be a fun deck.

Or you could just do that normally with Vehicles and other artifacts.

Verdurous looks very different but I think it's still pretty ok

Torrential is a lot "fancier" and yea I prefer the original

I think the design of Combustible is pretty good, but normal art looks better because it' crouching down about to fireball something

>I can see it, it's magical christmas land

could be pretty easy

My fear is that the red gear hulk is going to instill such fear into people that it'll end up as a 6 mana 6/6 with first strike and ancestral vision.

Combustible is gonna be a personal favorite. I just wish the inventions version didn't look so much clunkier

I'm thinking designing a deck around combustible gearhulk and metalwork colossus is a very real possibility

UG gradually builds a stockpile of energy to spend in big, explosive and game-changing effects.
RG is a toolbox of different self-sufficient cards, allowing you to decide if you'd rather have better spot removal, better creatures on your board or better something else.

So how's UR looking? Or should I go Jeskai instead?

What format?

Standard / limited, since we're talking about spoilers here. I've accepted the fact that UR aggro prowess stuff is kind of my play style, and my I love me some artifacts, ever since mirrodin

As far as I'm aware, there's no sign of UR prowess.

UR is for spamming flying tokens, from what I've seen so far.

Well I want to get chandra, Saheeli Rai, and a fuck ton of energy / artifacts to sling and burn with. White looks really attractive to dip for, especially with all those white artificers.

There doesn't seem to be any clear Jeskai archetype. I guess you could use red and blue to put cards from your hand and library into your graveyard, for the purpose of reanimating big artifacts.

But for that, I'd personally recommend Esper/Mardu for more reanimation options.

I guess I could go mardu madness/ reanimation. I'll try the pre-release and see how the set feels.

hmm what do i choose here?

Whatever helps most.

Depends on the spell you're targeting, I'd think. Counter on permanents and most other spells your opponents would cast, retarget against opponent removal spells (the energy ones don't work with this though), copy your own spells if you have a million mana or situationally your opponents' spells maybe.

Holy shit that flavor text I'm dying

>another artificer legend
>mono green
I cant even

>We meet again, Pyromancer

How does Chandra just not annihilate this dude on sight

Like I know she doesn't have Nissa pumping mana into her but the fact that Nissa, Chandra, and Lili ran from that fight is fucking shameful

That should have been Tezzeret/Dovin vs Gatewatch while standing on the bodies of everyone else

Think of it as robo-Rhys.

Because he's probably ten times as prepared against pyromancy when he first met her ten years and a horrible full-body scar ago.

Green is pro-artifacts on Kaladesh, so it kinda makes sense.

>8 mana
>have two of these in hand
>only thing on my board is a reckless fireweaver and a trail of evidence
>oppoent casts planar outburst

can i cast one insidious will and then a second one targetting the first one to create another copy of insidious will that targets insidious will and copies it infinitely so i create infinite investigate artifacts tokens that deal 1 damage each?

magical christmasland, but in theory?

I don't know.

Trail of Evidence triggers when you cast a spell; Insidious Will doesn't cast the copy, the copy just sort of spontaneously appears on the stack.

>wild ricochet with a counter clause and color shifted
Ill take it

thanks, knew i missed something about copies

You can't do both copy and new targets like wild ricochet can.

I know, but thats just the closest spell to this new one. Too bad it doesnt have unsubstantiate on that list of modes.

Extreme hypothetical: There's a spell on the stack. I cast Insidious Will, countering it. I then cast another Insidious Will, using the copy mode to copy the first Insidious Will. I then use the copied Insidious Will's copy mode on the first Insidious Will. And so on.

Could I do this and stall a round in FNM to a draw, or is there some rule against forcing an infinite combo that could otherwise end?

It's against the rules to have something infinite in magic.

You have to make up some number.

You cant target a spell with its own ability

I also believe that wouldn't force a draw since it isn't a mandatory loop.

If you make an optional infinite loop, you have to choose a number of iterations and end it. If it is non-optional, the game is a draw

And then if you insisted on doing that repeatedly you would just end up with a slow play warning.

I reread that, you cant intentionally stall for time, if your opponent calls a judge over youll have to pick an amount of copy redirects to do before you yeild the stack to your opponents spell. If you had an ability generating permemants per cast, or a stormchaser mage waiting for prowess pumps you could say that you make 935503 billion triggers and youd just need something to represent that and unless your opponent wanted to respond you will be forced to condense that into one similtanious action. Also there is a 4 mana gotcha that stops infinate stack stuff so save 2 mana for negate or stack vessels and rocks before going this route

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

>If you had an ability generating permemants per cast, or a stormchaser mage waiting for prowess pumps you could say that you make 935503 billion triggers and youd just need something to represent that
Is there anything in the game of Magic that triggers off spells being copied even if they aren't cast, like these wouldn't be?

These are not cast triggers they will do literally nothing there is no combo to be found here.

Copies aren't cast and thus have nothing to do with Prowess, stop making judge calls.

IIRC, didn't Tezz and Dovan bring Gearhulks to that fight? (Still terribly written though I agree)

But yeah, i suspect the confrontation alluded to in this flavortext will have something to do with that art of Nissa and Chandra pressing up against the window of some sort of chamber while screaming, and also the trap referenced in impeccable timing -- Chandra probably isn't in a position to do any burninating.

No, you can't do that.

You can, however, go infinite with Nivmagus Elemental.

Well really, it just makes artifact [creatures], doesn't explicitly care about them.

Yes and in the UR it said that Chandra literally punched one out in one shot which seems wrong considering their relative size.

>that art of Nissa and Chandra pressing up against the window of some sort of chamber while screaming
what

See

What exactly makes you think that is possible?

4BB
Creature - Human Artificer
Fabricate 3 (When this creature enters the battlefield, put three +1/+1 counters on it or create three 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature tokens.)

Whenever an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, target opponent loses life equal to Master of Marionettes power.

Oh boy it's another unplayable blue card!

At rare wow what a treat!

They should have definitely made this at least cost 2 mana more just for fun

Nivmagus Elemental can exile a copy of an instant or sorcery spell you control to put two +1/+1 counters on itself. Infinite copies on the stack=infinite counters on Nivmagus.

This one isn't as unplayable as the 3 mana counterspell, it at least has versatility.

>Fabricate 3
>create 4 creatures

just saying, get your playsets while you can

It's totally playable

And what is giving you infinite copies of anything?

I get the impression that they could print "Counter Target spell. Draw 3 cards." at 2UU and people would say it's unplayable for being a 4-cost counter...

Well, three out of five gearhulks are conceivably killable with her present -3 or emblem, and as a planeswalker there's no reason she couldn't have a random X spell up her sleeve for bigger ones

You can't remove any of the spells or the cycle breaks and then you generate no more copies. More or less you can make infinite copies but they all need to resolve.

>Oh boy it's another unplayable blue card!
>Blue players complaining about anything

Yeah it really synergies with that SIX DROP

Kill yourself please

...I totally misread what he was saying, my bad. I thought he was creating an infinite loop of copying, not an infinite loop of countering.

It's been a meme he's pushing since fabricate showed up.

He is making an infinite loop of copying.

But there's only ever two copies on the stack, the original and the one copying the original. When the latter resolves it will just make a new version of the latter and the previous latter won't be on the stack anymore because it had to resolve, of course.

six mana is nothing if you're ramping

>Kill yourself please

please no hurtful words

True, i forgot prowess likes storm not copies.

What are you ramping to with Cryoplith that you need to ramp to a 6 drop and then ramp even more?

Are you hard casting Emrakul in standard with your meme deck?

Really fuck off retard

I don't know, maybe he had a counterspell he cast as he said this...

>Really fuck off retard

stop bullying.

>Are you hard casting Emrakul in standard with your meme deck?

i'm hard casting ulamog, do i really need to spell the turnorder out for you? it's really simple

Hey it's a bulk rare. Just like Graf harvest except weaker.

If you copy a spell on the stack, you don't choose new modes if it has them.

How is that anything like graf harvest?

NooseGRAFmob.

I know he murdered Kiran and gave murdering Chandra a good try, but depending on how the story goes I might start feeling sorry for him.
This asshole has his own set of beliefs, and that he thinks he does his job to keep Kaladeshians safe pretty well.
Then this girl he saw explode shows up and starts flinging fire, he sets up a trap for her which seems to be working
until a giant fucking cat thing oh my god what the fuck bursts out of nowhere and starts cutting people down with a double axe staff
After this block, I just want cards that pop back to kaladesh every so often that just feature a planeswalker ruining his plans somehow, not even dastardly plans.
He's having a picnic with his SO, then Koth pops out of nowhere, REEEEEs about Phyrexians before setting the picnic basket on fire and running off
It's his wedding day when Sarkhan and Narset burst into the chapel, Sarkhan is making dragon noises and summoning dragons while Narset is stacking the apples on a nearby table.
His wife who somehow stuck by him is pregnant. Tibalt's the OBGYN

Nigga what the fuckids does the card have to do for you to think it's playable, suck you off?? This is the best blue counter in years, it's a hard counter, a misdirection or a reverberate, let that sink in

I bet you would have called cryptic Command unplayable when it came out because it was 4 mana and 3 blue

Hell, you probably would have said FoW was unplayable because its either card disadvantage or 5 mana, not only are you monoU shitters annoying you're also shit at evaluating cards

Pretty fun build around me. You drop it as a 4/6 with some artifacts on the board and then just sac them all to murder your opponent.