Warhammer 40k

Thinking about buying pic related. What is Veeky Forums's opinion on the Ork starter pack? Are any of the other packs a better option?

All the starter packs (with the exception of some) are actually really perfect for Kill Team.

Not actual 40k though

Pic Related

You poor user, literally every other pack is better rules-wise, as Orkz are the worst army in the game.

However, money wise it's not bad at all.

It's shit cause orks are shit
If you wanna play orks that are good, Play AoS and get the Ironjawz box. If you're in the UK it's less than buying a box of gore gruntaz, which come in it

>Comp fags

How does it feel to be the worst part of the 40k community the "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" memers were better than that laughable bunch.

Collect the models OP stay far away from the table top game community

I never really got this all hobbies are expensive and 40k is bearable if you use ebay I mostly collect squads of dudes though so ill never understand

I'm not a competitive person, I just don't think it'd be right to let OP go into this without warning him that his army choice is suboptimal.
It seems that the people that like orcs got put on the AoS team and the guy who jerks off to tau and eldar is in charge of ALL of 40k

It is that it can become an all consuming hobby that relies on the fickle winds of edition and codex creep.

X is awesome, Nerf X make new kit Y awesome, sell kit Y for more money... repeat. You just have to be comfortable with it is all.

>Actual painted models but combined with primed shit

YOU HAVE THE SKILLS user

WHY DO YOU DO THIS

is chink back?

Was a WIP shot of the armies from 2010 or 11. It's long been painted go fuck yourself.

Why post wip when its finished?

Because I can't lay out armies in a storage container thousands of miles away to take pictures.

Use Ikea cabinets when you get them back unless your army is that big.

I like collecting the minimum of models and just put them on display

I was looking at getting a display cabinet for a few of the squads, one of those glass ones you see at a few games stores and just putting a small team on each shelf.

I'm not questioning the sexual ish.

But I am questioning the artist.

Well seem to have alot more money than me :P

Im jelly of that full army of Elysians

I only have a Squad of Veterans with shotguns next to my other IG regiments

Chink is a funny guy.

Collecting an extremely subpar (or incredibly unintuitive) army is not fun for anyone.

Took me so long to get good at Dark Eldar that by the time I was regularly tabling my opponents the 5th edition codex dropped, and suddenly I wasn't "that one weirdo who plays Dark Eldar".

If OP legit gives no fucks about ever winning, then he should totally buy the box. If he cares about winning more than 1 out of ever 20 games or so, Orks are the absolute worst army to start collecting right now.

You don't have to be a WAACfag to not want to play a gimped army.

It started as wanting to finally make a Steel Legion army that I had wanted since they came out waaaaaaaaay back when. Then I ended up in an Air assault unit and decided to make a couple squads of Elysians to supplement it... then Forge world kept releasing stuff and I kept buying it until I had over 2k in points of just drop troopers.

i got mine for like $65
already have an ork army

i personally love muh orks, it's a lot of silly "random shit" the army.

the formation is pretty meh tho

In an edition or a codex update they will "right the wrongs" of the previous rules and Orks will be awesome again. It always happens with every army, been playing since 2nd ed... you young punks know nothing.

People assume TT wargames are super expensive because you have to pay a lot to get a full fledged army onto the table.

What they fail to realize is that most long term players didn't just drop $700 on their 1850 point army all at once, but collected them slowly over a period of a few years.

TT wargames are actually very affordable for a hobby if you're not that idiot that follows the flavor of the month mentality and changes to a new 2,000 point list ever 3-4 months.

The Start Collecting boxes are a no-brainer. You drop $80~ box on one, then build and paint all of them, get a few practice rounds in to learn the ins and outs of the game/your army, then you buy a $40-50 box every month or two and build up in a reasonable fashion.

After a year or two you've got a fully assembled and painted army that you've learned how to play from the ground up.

That's how this shit works. Anyone who just drops $1,000 into the hobby all at once is going to end up with some netlist army that's all in black primer (if even that much) that gets dumped onto eBay in 6 months time when they're no longer "the bestest army evar!". Those are usually the WAAC assholes that contribute significantly to making this hobby so unbearable at times, so I'm glad they get fleeced. Fuck 'em.

Besides Orks get to make shit like this and nobody starts bitching about "mu GW models"

I started back in 2nd edition as well, but mostly played with my friend's models. We played Necromunda more than 40k.

I actually built my own army right when the Dark Eldar first came out. I've been at this a long time, and I've stuck by my army through thick and thin.

My point still stands. If OP wants to enjoy the game *now*, and if winning is a motivating factor in OP having fun, then now is a terrible time to drop any significant chunk of change on Orks.

If he doesn't care about winning, then there's no better time than right now, because GW actually seems like they're slowly trying to reverse a lot of their bullshit over the past decade.

Chaos hasn't been awesome for like 15 years.

And yet there are still chaos players.

Hell, the entire game hasn't been awesome since 3rd edition.

I miss 2nd edition. I wish GW would rerelease all their stuff from 2nd edition like WotC tried to do for D&D.

40k orks are shit tier

AoS orks are much better

What are you talking about? Horus Heresy has been awesome! My world eaters are the best the've been in 13 years easily!

flying squigoth... nuff said.

WAAAGH-E

Buy orks, paint em as blood axes, use the IG codex.

There is only WAAAGH!

I guffawed

Orktamis Prime

Lootas.

Those are really cool models user.

Don't let people talk you into "muh competetive" bullcrap. Orks are not experiencing best of times, 7th edition brought a lot of yucky stuff (new mob rule, tankbustaz melta bomb fix), but nevertheless orks are fun to play.

People in my club told me to skip ork starter pack, its prety bad, both in-game and RL cost. In fact, orks seem to have one of the worst point cost/RL cost relation, at least in Russia, so prepare to spend slightly more then other race player. Also as I've heard walkers are pretty bad at the moment in general, and unlike spess mehreens dreds, ork dreds can't deepstrike. (and main catch of this box is deff dred)

What I did was buy an army from an ex-ork player, was way more cheap. I suggest you searching for that if you want to save money.

Zog me boss, its bootiful

"Most people" ain't your average miniature wargame hobbyist though, "most" are very stupid and very shut in. They simply cant work outside their little bubble of reality, because it would destroy their world picture.

Hobbies are a excess, a luxury if you will call it that. Most people take it for granted that they should and could run a hobby, they see it as a right, when in fact its a privilege.

>tfw I've just blown $1.5K on miniatures over the past month

Speak for yourself user. To be fair I'm coming back into the hobby and knew exactly what I wanted so just went and bought 3+K points worth.

Well I am either going to buy the Orks starter or Chaos Space Marine starter pack, so I guess I'm hosed either way.

I play 3rd edition with new minis still.

There's also no reason to homebrew rules in friendly games. For example I completely ignore night fighting.

Chaos is only fucked in tournaments, in which case you can cheese with flying dragon robots, daemon princes and daemon spam.