At a barbecue with friends and hot, nerdy girls

>At a barbecue with friends and hot, nerdy girls
>"Oh user, you play Rpg's? I've always been interested in them, but never got the chance to play before"
>"You know what? We've got some right now, we could start a game tot try it out?"
>"Is that Ok for you user?"

"Sure let me get some [...] and we could play [...]"

Fill in the blanks Veeky Forums, how do you whip up a campaign on the fly?
And don't give me that 'I-need-time-to-prep-maybe-next-month crap. Are you a pussy or a goddamn GM?!

FUCKED UP, CORRECTION:
>"You know what? We've got some TIME right now, we could start a game tot try it out?"

Duh, devise a coin flip based 3 stat system, penalties involve taking shots, wounds involve taking off clothes.

Dice and paper
My freeform system

Genius.
How does the GM get drunk and naked? What kind of campaign would you play?

I'm too maladjusted to play RPGs with real people. Just ERP online for me now.

"Sure let me get some [Stuff*] and we could play [Wolsung**]"

* Stuff meaning Cards, D10 and some Tokens
** Wolsung is a Steampunk RPG with fast to learn rules and i have ~three Oneshots and a Campain planned out in my head and noone to play with

>How does the GM get drunk and naked?
Takes a shot when the players outwit a monster or avoid a trap, clothing off when the players find/steal treasure.

>What kind of campaign would you play?
Something with a lewd touch, to enhance the mood. Kidnapped princesses escaping the BBEG's harem, for example.

SimpleD6, 4th edition.
Dice needed: D6s.

Pick 1 broader aspect and 2 narrow aspects, try not to have them overlap.

When a task comes up with the possibility of failure, roll 1d6 + Xd6 (where X is the number of aspects that apply to the roll) and take the results of the highest dice.

1,2 is failure and something bad happens. 3 is fail. 4 is success, but something bad also happens. 5 is success. 6 is success, and something good happens.
If you roll multiple sixes more good things happen.

You can also dump some aspects into HP or defense, everyone gets 3 HP free.

To do combat, roll appropriate dice. 5 does 1 damage, 6 does 2 damage. Consider having bad things happen on low die rolls.

Defense reduces damage on a 1-1 basis.

Advancement comes whenever the GM feels appropriate - add a narrow aspect or big aspect or whatever. This swiftly unbalances the game if people can throw too many aspects on a task, though!

Roll up your characters and start playing!

SimpleD6 is great for nearly freeform gaming with easy to understand rules, relatively fasy combat and fast character creation. Great for barbecue parties and always worth it when someone rolls all 6s or 1s.

>Sure, let me get my tablet out and we can play some FATE.

Sometimes it's good to have games with very simple rules.
So it would either be FATE or a simple version of Warhammer Fantasy. Taking the difficulty level down a notch.

Pen, notepad, tables and dice roller on the phone.
I think, Fiasco is pretty easy to present to people, that never played rpg irl before.

Dice
Only War, butt rape no lube edition

Dm loses clothes for encounters cleared, takes a shot of the players crit

>sure, let me get my [spoilers]cum-rag[/spoilers] and we can play some [spoilers]FATAL[/spoilers]

I saved this mini-system a while ago, maybe you'll like it.

That's pretty much simpled6 with one hitpoint.

Any time this happens, I just run 7 Samurai.

It's an easy and climactic story with a big violent finish.

Assuming we have access to a d6 (most people are going to have at least one in a board game box somewhere), I quickly bang together an attribute-based system, with something like 4 to 8 different stats. When attempting a task, you roll directly vs. the appropriate attribute with its score as your target number. As GM, I throw in +1s and -1s as seems appropriate, and give people the better of 2 rolls for shit related to their specialties.

Or, if I have the rules handy, we could just play Barbarians of Lemuria.

>Sure let me get some
Of the dice from my portable gaming set, that I carry everywhere. As well as some paper and some pencils.
>And we could play
Pretty much anything not requiring special dice.

>>"Oh user, you play Rpg's? I've always been interested in them, but never got the chance to play before"

Yeah, nah, that never happened.

It was probably more along the lines of:
>''RPGs? Is this something like video games? Arent you too old for video games, I mean they are for children after all?''
>''What? Like a board game? I played Aggravation when I was 12 last time!'

Normiewomen are the way to vapid to have genuine interests and nerdy girls are a lie.

>how do you whip up a campaign on the fly?
i dont whip up a campaign on the fly. at best, a single scenario - probably something I ran before which I am rerunning now from the top of my head.

Yeah, same. Is so good to run!

>Sure, let me get some pencils and paper and we can play D&D 5e

If you're gonna run some casuals might as well use the most casual system, it helps that I have the rules memorized and all the pdfs in my phone

>I played Aggravation when I was 12 last time
She's been 12 more than once?

>Normiewomen are the way to vapid to have genuine interests and nerdy girls are a lie.

You clearly did not go to college, nerdy chicks are totally a thing, and P&P is one of the easiest ways to get into their pants

And normie chicks like to pretend they're nerdy for their tumblr blogs

Okay, /r9kuck/, you got your (You), happy now? Sure you are, kiddo. Now get out, and bring your autistic may mays with you.

He's generalising, but yes, women are pretty awful.

This is what Everyone is John is meant for.

Okay, user, show me on the doll where the big, mean wimminz hurt you.

This has literally never happened to me. Normals are pretty accepting of odd hobbies as long as you don't go full autist on them.

*points to head*

Sure, let me get some lube and we could play FATAL

I'd find out how many dice people have and build a game system from that. Use the D&d ability scores with charisma replaced with spirit and wisdom with awareness. Ask the players to describe their characters. Ask them leading Questions. People put the abilities in order of their preference. Give everyone a special power or a special weapon, then describe the small town which they've been in. The small town has been under siege by goblins and a mysterious figure (ogre Mage) which calls himself the king of the woods. There are stories that there's a powerful magical item beneath the old well. There's a lurking seven headed snake, a simple puzzle on the door, an undead guardian in the chapel.

NEVER use a complex system to do a one shot with friends curious about it

Grab my black and white d6, some paper and play FAE.

Alternatively, Lasers and Feelings or Scrolls and Swords.

>/r9kuck/
>kiddo
Arent you trying a little too hard to fit in with Veeky Forums?

>Girls
>Hot girls
>At my table

FUCK OFF NORMIES
HISSSSSSS
YOU AIN'T RUINING THIS GROUP

You know perfectly well that dumb frogposters are the bane of any decent board.
Now tell me, dear user, what am I supposed to do if I'm in a board where I want to talk about, I don't know, music, fitness, cooking, weapons, or whatever I like, and then, suddenly, while I'm in a thread, somebody appears screaming that the wimminz are all bad and the normies are all bad and everyone that isn't a smelly NEET is bad and their usual yadda yadda.
Same thing with /pol/, and I'm a righty. It's not that I'm offended by what they say or what they think, it's just that they're annoying roaches hidden in every nook and cranny of this website, ready to bore you to death with their "wimmins/joos are EVIL!" posts.

Sure, let me get some rope and we could play FATAL.

Sure let me get some rubber chickens and we could play my home brew system.

>"Alright, today we'll roleplay doctors and nurses."

>take out bag of dices
>take out laptop
>browse to PDF folder
>"Alright, D&D, Call of Cthulhu, M&M or Maid, which one do you want to play?"

I run my homebrew d6 system modeled after high school.

Stats are based off which classes you take, and ranked A (5) through F (1). You roll a single d6, and roll equal or below your rank. You have one A class, 2 B classes, 2 C classes, and one D class. So a typical stat block might look like:

>Math A
>Science B
> English B
> Phys. Ed. C
> Theatre C
> Economics F

You get a special ability based on what extracaricular activity you take. Examples include band, orchestra, cheerleading, various sports teams, etc. It also determines what equipment you have access to. A member of the Theatre club has access to the back stage and dressing rooms. Football players can grab a bunch of sporting equipment.

I use this for quick one shots because everyone understand high school very well and can easily make analogues for themselves or the person they wanted to be then.

They start off as juniors in detention for various reasons. An npc ends up murdered, and one of them is the killer. They,have to solve the murder mystery while dodging teachers before detention is over.

I came up with this for Halloween a few years back, and we've been doing holiday themed murder mysteries ever since.

>And don't give me that 'I-need-time-to-prep-maybe-next-month crap. Are you a pussy or a goddamn GM?!

I don't need a month, and I'm not a pussy. Unless we are the only people at the BBQ its going to be a bad time and too easy for people to lose attention. You can't play PnP ESPECIALLY for a semi-normfag's first time, in an environment with lots of distraction, people possibly leaving, etc. I want both for them to enjoy the game and to get into their pants by playing it, but this is not the place nor time. Playing PnP needs a more intimate setting, which is also not bad for what I'm really trying to do with them. Not being a mega-autist, I continue on the nerdy conversations and try to arrange a game later that week (with just the women and maybe a bro-tier friend to help explain). This sets up more time to hang out, and a second meeting.

Goddam it Veeky Forums

Though if one of them stepped past the threshold into nerd-curioso and started actually asking more about it I wouldn't be adverse to running them through an example situation built on these bones:

>This is who you are
>This happens
>How do you react because of who you are

Take notes faggots.

>sure let me get my pre-made dungeons and encouner tables and we can play AD&D
>sure let me get my computer and we can play Dark Heresy
>sure let me get my notebook and die and we could play my super easy homebrew

>Normiewomen are the way to vapid to have genuine interests and nerdy girls are a lie.
That's what you would think if you stay in your basement all day. Or generalize all women based on the few you've encountered. Sucks to be you really.

Literally done this with D&D and Rogue Trader. It pays to always carry a tablet.

Well that's one way to show you haven't talked to a female in over half a decade.
Ladies love roleplay, most just don't think about trying it because of *reasons*, unless it's with close friends. And how many have experience running a game? Not many.

d10; one last job

doesn't need any prep, story is made together with the players, character creation is a few sentences and the rest is made by telling stories about everyone else ingame

>at a barbecue with friends
>having friends who wouldn't join in
>not inviting your friends to join as well if there's more than one hot girl

>"Sure let me get [my bag] and we could play [Savage Worlds]."
I've got a satchel that I always have with me, and the Explorer's Edition is small enough that it's always in there, plus my dice bag. Plus the book has pregenerated characters and adventures, so I'm ready to run a game at literally any moment.

>can't bbq while pnp'ing
Fuck you, chap, I'm hosting a bbq for my group in 2 weeks, complete with 8lbs of slow grilled london broil with my father's homemade spice rub, a whole side of cedar smoked salmon, bbq chicken, corn on the cob, collard greens, baked beans, and maybe some biscuits/cornbread if I have the time.
My crew is bringing homebrewed beer, homebrewed wine, mead from the craft meadery right down the road from my house (Colony Meadery, bitches, if you live in PA/NJ/NY look them up, tell'em Hakim recommended you) and a handle of Kraken rum.
Gonna have a baller time, so eat dick, you wish you were my group.

>Was literally manning the stand at fresher's fair yesterday
>40% of my ~50ish sign-up are female

I know it's bait, but fuck you all the same.

>"Is this something like video games? Arent you too old for video games, I mean they are for children after all?''

No one under 40 says this.

>"Sure let me get [my bag] and we could play [Everyone is John]."
Perfect low prep game that gets crazier as everybody gets drunk.

You need to get out more user.
At my college I get it all the fucking time. I'v met a lot of cool people through ttrpg. Not all of them have been into it but I'v still got a few reoccurring players, one new GM and a bunch of friends.
It helps not being a bitter sperglord.

Most of the time I run refluffed LotFP because it's quick, easy to lean and run even without books on hand. It also gives them a taste of the style of game that made D&D iconic.
Otherwise I run Mini6

It's not even "on the few they've encountered." It's basing them on high school movies.

I just have everyone download a dice app on their phone, and have them fill out simple dcc styled character sheets

I'm also pretty good at making stories on the fly cause I have a number of great dreams I've laid out in my head ad campaign settings

"sure let me get some lube and we could play the rape game."

Sure let me get your numbers and we could play sometime this weekend.

This is what you should have said OP.

OP here, noted. You guys know what you're doing.

>graphing calculator
>GURPS

dice

fiasco

>i'm fuckin and i'm grillin at the same time

>"Sure let me get some [...] and we could play [...]"
used surgical instruments
God

>The women are feminists who get offended at the stereotype of a female princess being unable to help herself in that situation, and at the idea of a female harem

Let me get some
Condoms
And we can play
Fatal.

Hah!
The joke is we won't be using the condoms.

>And don't give me that 'I-need-time-to-prep-maybe-next-month crap. Are you a pussy or a goddamn GM?!
I generally need 3 afternoons to prep a session, but if there's no demand for quality I can pull something I've run before out of my arse on the spot.
In this specific scenario I'd grab a Jengatower and run a session of Dread.

>You play pokemon right?
>How do you like caterpies?

>"Sure let me get some [...] and we could play [...]"
Spare character sheets
Gurps right now!

And then we have a bitchin time with whatever they love most. I'd make them vote between Indiana Jones, star wars 9r blade runner, and run a quick scenario in one of those universes. (Who am I kidding, they'd all vote firefly)

Women OTHER than your momma dropping you on your head.