Have you ever used a Guise of the Thespian in a game? Or is it just a Veeky Forums meme?

Have you ever used a Guise of the Thespian in a game? Or is it just a Veeky Forums meme?

The Guise of the Thespian is a 100% Veeky Forums-homebrewed item.

Nothing more than a meme, just like "people actually playing kender" considering how kender stats are buried away in an obscure, non-WotC 3.X splatbook for Dragonlance.

It's a Veeky Forums-meme/. Why bother with a magic item for disguise when a wizard can use disguise self and alter-self and shit like that as low as level 6?

back to /d/

/d/ is Veeky Forums-lite.

I know a person that has actually played kender before.

Some of us played 2nd edition, user. Some of us STILL play 2nd edition.

Because sometimes the warrior wants to give it a whirl and is a bit ashamed to ask the wizard.

The warrior has never wanted to sink 1,000+ gold into an item that he can either get for free, or get the same effects AND MORE on 1,000 gold in ring or hat format, with multiple disguses not just one, and doesn't take 2 minutes to put on.

The only reason one would want to do that is fetish reasons.

Quickly repeat five times: "the thespian."

My mistake.
Guise of the Thespian
Price (item level): 6000gp (10th)
Body slot: Special
Caster level: 7th
Aura: Moderate (DC 18); transmutation (Only when not worn)
Activation: -
Weight: -

This appears to be the flawless skin of a drow maiden, with flowing white hair that feels disturbingly natural. A long gash from the buttocks to the neck reveals the smooth inside.

These are greater versions of the Mask of the Thespian (Dragon Compendium 1) and come in many different variations, all of a humanoid type creature. When worn and sealed, the wearer appears to all senses and all magical scrying to be whatever being the guise portrays.
As long as it is worn, this item has no magical aura. It does not confer non-detection, it just disguises the aura of the wearer as whatever the guise is. It must be worn below clothing and other magical items can be worn over it normally. For some reason, elven women guises seem more common than other versions.

6000 FUCKING GOLD. Hat of disguise only costs 1,000.

Why is the brown girl more attractive, OP? You some kinda BLM liberalized fagblaster

Holy shit is this 2014?

I haven't, but I'd like to try a genderbending erp.

This thread and other examples of /d/egeneracy are the reason Hitler should have won.

Could someone explain this meme to me, please?

Hitler did win. There's a united Europe isn't there?

Not for much longer, with the UK leaving.

I wish. If anything I wish it was still pre-2010s

Anglos: 3
Germany: 0

>Not for much longer, with the UK leaving.
>implying they will be allowed to leave and will do it.
No UK will suffer massive economical blackmail resulting in confirmation referendum in ~3 years where brits will decide to stay.

No one is leaving 4th reich

Please stop forcing this false meme.

Three wrongs don't make one reich.

>resulting in confirmation referendum in ~3 years where brits will decide to stay.
That would certainly be the EU precedent. Then again, no country has outright voted on leaving before.

Labour and the LibDems are already supporting this, but I can't see them forming a government before 2025, so it would take the Tories joining in the stay after all club.

>That would certainly be the EU precedent
I think it was done in Ireland when they were voting some treaty Lisbon, I think.
They voted no, so they made new vote some month later where they voted yes.

Or maybe it was no against constitution for europe and yes for Lisbon treaty that was the same but under different name. If this then democracy was a mistake.

>Maastricht Treaty: Denmark votes NO in 1992, votes YES in rerun in 1993
>Nice Treaty: Ireland votes NO in 2001, votes YES in rerun in 2002
>Constitution: Spain and Luxembourg vote YES, France and Netherlands vote NO, UK, Denmark, Ireland and Portugal cancel planned votes
>Constitution renamed Lisbon Treaty, no countries vote except Ireland (ignoring the no from France and Netherlands and the promise of a vote in UK, Denmark and Portugal)
>Ireland votes NO in 2008, YES in rerun in 2009
This isn't a full list of EU related referendums, just ones on new general treaties. It doesn't include the Greek bailout deal one recently.

I hope not, because I'd have an erection the entire time

Isn't that the point?

Fuck, that's half the price of a Hat of Alter Self, which actually would make you into whatever you're aiming to be, and isn't limited to a single form.

I'd be fine with it if my table wasn't full of neckbeards

Let me put it this way.
There's no way these people would be able to shame you in civilized society, because civilized society doesn't care about neckbeards and doesn't even know enough about RPGs to understand what magical realm is.
They have no social obligation to act disgusted, because they're not mundies with mundane friends.
They have no excuse to not call you out on it the moment you introduce it if they don't want it, considering they probably know the item and/or can see the implications from miles away.
And most importantly, neckbeards are the one group the most likely to enjoy it.

It's a /d/ meme.

The Mask of the Thespian was a pointless item from Dragon magazine, which was basically a more expensive Hat of Disguise with only form (the origin of the name was that they were used in traditional elvish theatre). It might have functioned continuously instead of needing you to reactivate it every so often, but I've never heard of a DM who actually enforced that part anyway.

There's also Humanoid Skin from Underdark, where mind flayers skin a humanoid and graft it onto another creature to disguise them. It ruptures if they try to use monstrous features like claws or wings, and rots away if not immediately healed.

And finally there's an item in Pathfinder which is pretty much exactly a Guise of the Thespian, except it takes up a body slot and has an aura of strong necromancy. Very expensive though, IIRC. It's based on a spell which lets you turn a corpse into a disguise for a few days, but requires you to carry around a focus with a necromancy aura or it disintegrates.

well then you're wrong, have shit taste, and nobody cares about your opinion. Suck it up and play a modern game like 3.x.

It's popped up a few times.
Pretty much just refluffed Hat of Disguise.

Once played a Rogue who was a wunderlusting noble girl who used it to sneak about her home kingdom and later one, sneak into many various areas.

Pic related

Kender have simply leaked over and eaten all the regular Halflings of nearly everyone I've ever played with. I just kill anything smaller than medium size.