even the BBEG fears this character

> even the BBEG fears this character

Who is the version of this character in your campaign?

For me, he's a Hawaii-shirt sporting owner of a chain of island resorts and navigator guilds in control of more than half of the world's trade and if the BBEG messed with him, it would be very inconvenient for the BBEG to try and go fishing in the ocean ever again.

The cute fluffy companion character that gave the characters their magical powers.

I am weeb trash who's currently playing a Magical Girl game.

The god of death.
Nobody fucks with the god of death except for his wife.

The God of Loss.
(No meme involved or implied)
By definition, every encounter with this being causes loss, usually of that which you most greatly prize.
No one suffers more than those who try to deal, negotiate, or bargain with it.
Unlike any other god, it seeks no agenda and does not gain power, it simply wanders and causes others to lose theirs.

What would a Chaos Lord truly fear?

I have two:
One is the boss of the PMC the PCs work for.
In a world where mechs are a thing and mech pilots tend to die before they're 35, this guy is still piloting in his 60s.
All of the world's corporations want him dead, especially the one based in North America because he screwed them out of a LOT of money and experimental technology when he stole the tech for himself and burned everything else to the ground. That said, despite them all wanting his head on a platter, nobody is quite brave enough to lead the charge.
The PCs are mostly unaware of this and just see him as the cool uncle-styled old fart who wears Hawaiian shirts, short shorts, and socks with sandals and is all about having a good time.

The other is the leader of another PMC that actively seeks out and recruits the best pilots they can find, which makes them a nigh-unstoppable fighting force. They own several islands in the Pacific and the residents of those islands accept them and even serve as a private Self Defense Force. This makes the leader a scary, powerful man. Again, nobody is brave enough to lead the charge, especially since he has a penchant of dropping mechs in one, sometimes two shots.

>DtD
The Lady of Pain, but nobody really wants to fuck with the Lady of Pain.

A newly 'revived' creator of the magical arts. She's fun at parties, but is even more fun at funerals.

Hmm, not sure if I'm allowed to post him. He's not a pony...

An asshole mortal with a sword and, through a fluke of genetics, retardedly high stats.

He parried a train that the PCs tried to crash into him, but all he really did in retaliation was call them assholes and leave them to clean up the (now derailed) line of carriages.

He could technically fear this setting's God, but most people don't know if he's actually real, and the God himself is too much of a dick to smite BBEG personally.

The party

Basically nobody. The BBEG is so far beyond everybody currently extant that the only people he's going to fear when the time comes are the PCs.

Arguably his old mentor could maybe fuck things up but he turned that guy into a frog, so...

Damn.
Is it worshipped?

He's dead now, but there was pretty much only one person the BBEG feared.

He was a very powerful mage, named Alcanaer, he was ancient and ruled his kingdom quite well, actually.

She not only feared him for how popular he was (as it made his citizens harder to corrupt) but also he was probably the only person who could reliably beat her one on one.

She managed to convince some cultists to summon a very powerful demon, which eventually killed Alcanaer.

With him gone, she kinda began running rampant.

The owner of every single tavern in the realm. Every rumor, every adventure, the last known location of every adventurer; he knows all of it.

He's basically Zuckerberg

An ancient demi-god who's gone old and grumpy locked up inside a mountain. In fact, the way things are headed, it's probably going to end up with the PCs letting him out and siccing him on the BBEG

The emperor of Not!Rome or any number of lesser politicians and statesmen could have either of the BBEGs killed within a week if they cared enough. They just don't know or care.

I've got a fantasy version of the Rock who's like a high god in disguise in a setting that doesn't have anything higher than "demigod" on the scale of power.

Everyone can smell what he's cooking.

The thing that all men fear is Rahab, the Angel of the Deep, or "He Who Was Not Created." In the Beginning, there was God, and there was Nothing, and there was the One who was Not God and was Not Nothing.

Rahab is essentially the one thing that even God Himself did not fuck with. Rahab has the power to destroy all reality and return everything back to the Beginning.

Luckily, he is so utterly massive that the galaxy is invisible to him. There is always the small, creeping idea that he may one day step on the galaxy by accident and end all life as we know it anyway.

Needless to say, the BBEG is in no hurry to encounter the Deep Angel.

What setting or game system is this for

Pretty sure the system was just 3.5 with a bunch of homebrew elements

The setting reminded me of SMT, basically Earth and Limbo collided, which caused the centuries long cease-fire between Heaven and Hell to end. Earth/Limbo became a twisted landscape used as a battlescape for Angels and Demons.

I know it sounds a bit cliche, but it was really fun

In my campaigns, I always have a bonus boss. Harder than the BBEG, more powerful than the mighty Greater Tarrasque. I call him the Old Man of the South. As a now immortal being, he just sits at the south pole and does fitness prep at level 50 and waits for worthy challengers [or for the eldritch gods to descend]. I have one player who is dedicating the rest of his campaign to getting to him, and is level 41 atm. Spoilers, gear helps a lot when it comes to being the baddest motherfucker in the land.

A hero in the far future who the BBEG keeps trying to write out of time since he's an old god who sees all the different timelines and possibilities. He constantly gets his cultists to alter events to cause enough of a ripple to erase the hero, but then other events happen because of it and the Hero always rises within the same few months and ultimately severs the BBEG's connection with the world.
The BBEG is Laplace's Demon

>kept BBEG impaled on a giant crystal in the moon for thousands of years
>asked for nothing in return
>betrayed by his own people because "Maybe the BB"E"G isn't so E after all also being locked in the moon with this freaky impaled dragon kind of sucks"
>wanders the world as a blind old man searching for those brave enough to hunt his charge

Eldrazi I guess, our campaign is MtG-based and the closest to BBEGs we've come across that is, the most malevolent characters we've met that we had negative chance of defeating the first and only times we've met them were Lilianna and Sorin on separate occasions of course.

His masters.

>Damn.
>Is it worshipped?
Yes, by a few.
They are bit like pic related, except that the young ones are sadder for they still cling to hope.
There are those that fall under its attention who seek to shift its focus onto others by seeking people out and raising their awareness of it.
They build churches, proselytize praising the god, proselytize fearing the god, and spread knowledge of the god as far and as wide as they can.
Their vain hope and prayer is that by diverting the god, they may personally experience less loss.
Unfortunately for them, this is a form of bargaining.
The oldest of the “Faithful Lost” know that once you have lost everything but your faith in the god, only then will you lose that as well and find the freedom of the lost.

Anecdotes:
The God of Loss cares as much for bringing about the loss of a homeless man’s dog as it does a demigod’s empire.
If it encountered two parents with their child, it might wordlessly command one parent to kill either their spouse or child or it would kill them both. Regardless of the parent’s actions, the god would depart leaving only one alive among the three.
An archdemon formed a pact with it to gain power in exchange for freedom and the god stripped his freedom away and gave nothing in exchange. The archdemon now leads a holy army sowing loss and destruction in the cosmos for its name.
Beware ̢̛͏͇̣̰̞͡t̞̯̻̲̳͇̠̗̹̪͎̭̬͕̤͎́͢͡ͅh̡͎̦̣͉̟̠͍̰͘̕͝e̶̥̰͖̯̞̝̭͇̘͓̖̭͚̬̘̣͖͡ ̴̳̥͇̘̳̝̜̖̦̟͙̤͍̝͠ͅO҉̶̡̧̘̙̤̺̘̼͓̖͔̲̻͍̫͠o̸̢̮̱̬̳̼̼̣̯̬̟̲̩͡r̢̭̝̰̯̞̬̣̦͘͝ḱ̶͕͎̼̠̱̪̕͜s̶̶̴͔̤̣̟͎̙͇̣͚̬͍̤̤͎̘͜͝t̵̙͉̮̮̝̜̺̠͓̝̺̯͇͞.̡̢̨̗̝̘͔͎͓̻̹͟͠

So it's pretty much DM Fiat in the most negative way possible given form. Sure sounds interesting.

>So it's pretty much DM Fiat in the most negative way possible given form.
Pretty much.
It’s the equivalent of making a wish with what you know is the worst, most evil genie that ever was. It’s more like a Black Hole than a dynamic character in the setting. A force that affects other things and the resulting ripples need to be accounted for.
>Sure sounds interesting.
That’s right, I’m sorry. OP asked for the most interesting character in the setting.
Wait, that’s not right.
OP asked for the character that would be the most fun for the players to encounter.
Wait, that’s not it either.
Did OP ask for the best BBEG?
No, hmmm.
Maybe if you re-read the OP for me it would help.
Can you do that, fella?
Can you?

For the campaign I ran (set in 3.5), the only thing my BBEG feared was the humanoid form of the Goddess of Magic, because the last time he tried to fuck with her she caused a magical nuke to blow up his attempted epic-level spell to elevate himself into godhood.

Mind you, in terms of high-end shit there was a great wyrm red dragon snoozing on an island that was constantly on the verge of erupting because he made it his home and wanted a warm spot to sleep and warm his old bones, and the BBEG would've been able to take it on.

Nothing an epic-level lich wizard fears more than the one thing that can look at him and go, "Yeah, no. Fuck ALL your spells. But I can still cast mine. Oh, and here's a Quickened, Empowered Disintegrate for even trying to start shit with me."

Pic related basically.

Though she's a background character so there's not a problem of her being ripped off more or less.

Your character is shit, recognize that your character is shit and improve on it instead of being a sarcastic little shit about it.

Although judging by your attitude you might want to take your head out of your ass first and stop being so salty when people call you out.

not the guy you replied to, but it sounds like it's not meant to be a character. seriously, your trying to give character development to the equivalent of gravity. you could, but that would kinda ruin it as a force of nature.

>Closest thing to a BBEG is a disfigured cyber addict elf.
>For reasons largely unknown to us he is utterly terrified of this strong fat high school wrestler from Ares.

That which can remove his chaotic power.

So, that’s a no then?
I understand. Reading is hard.

And just to let you know, if you want anyone to take your little posts seriously, you really shouldn’t post a smug anime girl along with a sarcastic comment “calling someone out” and then post another smug anime girl telling someone not to be sarcastic.
Keep at it fella, you’ll get there someday!

The King of the Humans in my world. He passes himself off as A kindly and feeble old man, and layers on top of this by having a secretly constructed steam-powered-exosuit in case anyone tries to fight him. In reality, he's a Level 20 Monk with many Feats (5e), and Insanely High Wisdom. But, as far as anyone knows, he's a man near death. This man could live probably another 100 years and be fine.

Yeah, exactly.
It's never intended to be a character that ever interacts with the PCs.
It's just background motivation for other characters who might become more relevant later on.

The party. That's why he is always trying to kill us. He fears us getting in the way of his plans and making a big mess. Again.

Probably "Gentle Lord who Ends the World", a being the Creator and the Universal Administrator made to destroy the world if it got out of hand.

It's gotten out of hand.

Luckily, the BBEG tricked this world-ending being into thinking that the world was already destroyed and that they should just stay in their garden until the Creator comes by to harvest what's left.