youtu.be/VEJ8lpCQbyw
youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
youtube.com/watch?v=X_I4wtNPv5w
youtube.com/watch?v=WgBeu3FVi60
youtube.com/watch?v=H4Y-cjqK1Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=Xk11JN8K6bs
youtube.com/watch?v=6JYIdPMIDEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Okay, while first two songs kinda work, my third song is this: youtube.com/watch?v=EF_V_e5mjJc

How do I make a BBEG out of this?

Kill them with feels.

Or have the main motivation of the BBEG be that they lost their "Most Precious Treasure" and will stop at nothing to get it back.

What list? General list? DM list?

youtube.com/watch?v=AcoREcnbZKs

was my first. I'll take the easy way out; it's a Wild West Fantasy, a little bit grim and unpleasant where people are constantly looking for redemption out in the wilds of a fantasy land. There are lots of monsters in the dark, but there's also an actual, dedicated religious organization that fights them and isn't secretly evil, hoping to inspire others to take up the blade.

My second song is youtube.com/watch?v=CjAu3Yyn09A

This time I'm not taking the easy way out. The protagonist is Miranda Laire, a femme fatale from the Church sent to investigate the small town of Heaven's Sakes. She's a man's woman, not a Churchgoing lady, but she's been paid a lot of money to resolve the problems of Heaven's Sake, a known monster hangout. She's going to redeem one of the monsters with the Power of Love because that's a solid, old-school story.

The third song is youtube.com/watch?v=nD6Z0EcivCI

The BBEG is a travelling salesman who masquerades as a preacher, going from town to town and giving people his snake oil, which doesn't cure ills but spreads monsters made from peoples' unhappiness. He feels awful about doing this, but he's been made a Promise by a dark force that if he does it, he'll be able to see his wife again, so he rides the newly-made rail system and spreads evil through fire-and-brimstone preaching. Heaven's Sake is just the latest town without a Church he's come to.

The first and second work well together - a burlesque club and a BBEG (well, not so much the first B) who wants to kill the DJ, but how to make a fitting protag out of Bad Moon Rising?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBMhwWN_088

I'm a no-talent hack so I'm basically stealing Yharnam minus the literal monsters

youtube.com/watch?v=a91ptz1W7gg

We Hotline Yharnam now, I guess this'll be an evil campaign? since this track screams either REVENGE or MURDER KILL MURDER. Like Jack/Jane the Ripper with an animal motif going on. personality is kind of moot since all he/she
would be doing is murder.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_d6d-E_DwQ

I imagine this as a rookie cop/law enforcement/whatever WAY in over his/her head who's basically said goodbye to their loved ones as they're probably next to be cut down by the Yharnam Animal? like I said, I LACK TALENT.

1) youtube.com/watch?v=IlEoTzJM-UE
Some kind of eternal summer story setting, maybe. Much nostalgia and childhood stuff, yet very dark and lonely.
2) youtube.com/watch?v=8jZDadG80JI
Mother.
3) youtube.com/watch?v=QgkgxO3HRRw
Kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_gFyB6GnA

youtube.com/watch?v=RQthFDpYCys

youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

So, you got me to fire up foobar for the first time in about a year. Good job.

>First track
youtube.com/watch?v=X9-yI0NEGL8
Apparently I have a gothic horror/ cosmic horror mix. Fallen angels, lost glories, women in lace staring longingly onto the full moon.
I'd make it XIX century England, but with vampires, werewolves, and forbidden cults. Probably rip off some Bloodborne along the way.

>Second
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs3f3IVS_Zs
A total asshole/ bitch, obsessed with attaining fame and fortune. Maybe make him an Oscar Wilde type to make him less unlikable?

>And finally..
youtube.com/watch?v=bCP01-_LvT0
Aaand the BBEG is Elisabeth Bathory.

I can see this work.

>Frank Zappa - Yo Mama
So a world where young people are lazy, sometimes ugly, and can barely function on their own?

>Outkast - She Lives in My Lap
The protagonist is a man on a mission to get women addicted to his cock

>Oingo Boingo - Who do You Want to Be?
The BBEG is a bored shapeshifter who is going more and more insane as he looks for crazier and crazier forms to shapeshift into and roleplay as, often to terrible effects of anyone around him.

Sounds silly.
I'd probably make something loosely based on that if I wasn't running two games already.

So I got
1: I am bread, Oliver age 24
I don't even.
2: Ghost, Buckethead
Protagonist is moody and melancholy, may be profound and haunting
3: Boss Theme 3, Nuclear Throne
Seems pretty straight forward, the antagonist is chibi Boba Fett

>Bullet With a Name by Nonpoint
youtu.be/dOO4VZeH4-g
More modern setting? Shit, let's make it a slummy area in Mexico, right behind some resorts

>Wrong Way by Sublime
youtu.be/uLifSFBs_Lk
The protag is obviously a Jesus type, hanging out with prostitutes all day and trying to improve their situation. The party might be trying to make prostitution legal or make it cleaner with less homicide

>36-24-36 by the Violent Femmes
youtu.be/m8bFT4HsLfE
Fuck it, a drug cartel Prince that wants to dominate the business or just fuck with the MC(s).

I'd play it, but fuck would it get real fast.

>50 Cent - I'm The Man ft Chris Brown
In a world where every one strives to be the man, can you reach the top and become The Man?

>Fabulous - Started Something
Protag is loyal to those around him to the point he'd put you in a body bag for any perceived slight

>I Love Kanye
The BBEG is Literally Kanye West
Medieval Fantasy Setting? King Kanye of House West
Sci Fi?
Cyborg Kanye West
40K?
Chapter Master Kanye West

I'd honestly probably join the BBEG if he was really kanye west desu

Does one become The Man by beating up women?

1.Behold the kingdom of the wretched undying- infant Annihilator (not bad honestly, this song lays out the lore for the album concept)

2. The Dear Hunter - Waves (not bad)

3. Whore to a chainsaw - Thy art is murder ( edgelord McGee can't get a girl)

> Barnacles by Ugly Casanova
youtube.com/watch?v=Bfh5DNC2m6Y
A modern, gloomy setting by the ocean. The whole thing is seeped in symbolism and sets the tone for a melodrama. This is a better song for a character rather than a setting.

>Im an Outlaw by Kurt Vile
youtube.com/watch?v=7TW_OThd2lM
A depressed guy who avoids others by hiding behind a 2cool4you attitude.

>Youve Seen the Butcher by Deftones
youtube.com/watch?v=woAcXSMyCEw
The protagonist's girl's ex who comes back into town and fucks her?

So I suppose the MC has his girl stolen and now he is depressed about it. You could play it as a revenge story and that might be fun, but the tone of the whole thing should be pretty dark and depressing.

Alternatively you could take it a bit more literally and have the MC be an actual outlaw who has his girl seduced by an old lover who then films them fucking and then kills her. And now the MC is out for revenge, but that seems really dark.

How will you find players with taste that bad?

Setting: youtube.com/watch?v=dva1xZbWAJQ
Alright, I can work with this.
Protag: youtube.com/watch?v=LaWQQBMF0Ew
Umm...
BBEG: youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw

Alright. I don't know what the fuck to make of this.

Clearly this is going to be a high-power shonen type game where the powers of love and friendship are used to defeat and evil, otherworldly being.

>Louisiana Land - Ok Go
youtu.be/93zfBgdhcig

Fantasy Southern US during the 20's? Could be cool. Probably go with Louisiana inspired, what with New Orleans, swamps with voodoo villages and inbred canables playing banjos. Just go full cheese.

>Sloop John B - Beach Boys
youtu.be/MWJXTdCVsKI

The protagonist just wants to go home, but due to unfortunate circumstances he's forced to work for bootleggers running fantasy moonshine past the authorities.

>Rascal King - Mighty Mighty Bosstones
youtu.be/9NxMlG3M40k

A charismatic upstart from out of state who's rise to power in the criminal underworld is almost unnatural. He's got the entire city/county/whatever wrapped around his finger. Trying to break into the bootlegging business which means the protag is competition. Starts out as nothing personal but as time goes on he starts getting more and more invested.

I got pretty lucky with the songs, but I'd play something like this. Seems like a dukes of hazard-ish kind of game, nothing really dark or heavy more funny and comfy.

youtu.be/iXWH0eVcirc
>A river valley with great mountains flanking the view of the steppe, the greatest of which sees to ascend to the heavens themselves.
youtu.be/zZqVOFSYRWI
>An ambitious steppe warrior intent on overthrowing the current clan leader.
youtu.be/fvB2YmPsGWk
>A warlord of a different nation aims to capitalize on the instability of the clan to take their pasture land.

>Setting
youtu.be/uGrQTtmk_jg
>Protagonist
youtu.be/oWFEVbfCcOY
>Villain
youtu.be/p5XWVHlXZtI

Uhhh... *scrathces head

>First song
>Nerevar Rising
So it's in Morrowind then.
>Second song
>Forty Days
So the protagonist has only forty days to complete his mission.
>Third Song
>On the Hunt
Huh. Guess this is a sign that I should go play Bloodmoon.

>youtube.com/watch?v=XUClIslXKZo

Uh, I guess Iceland. Or an Iceland-style setting.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-R5hj_lWM

The protagonist is an intrepid space explorer crashlanded on Planet Iceland.

>youtube.com/watch?v=5TgiH5Rr3M0

Oooh, the BBEG is an evil dragon who rules over Planet Iceland with an iron fist.

i have shit taste, so this'll be a wild ride.

youtube.com/watch?v=gr8C3rs6S70
setting is post successful cult awakening old gods and taking control of essentially everything, creating a new world order.

youtube.com/watch?v=1x-5ZkTMyMc
this happens in the byzantine empire anno domini 970, and a band of surviving varangians must defeat the old gods and restore order to the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=pxMkIm5JxkM
tragic BBEG that wants to sacrifice self to save humanity by transporting all survivors to an alternate dimension where the cults never were awakened.

entire campaign would be presented in an un-culty, non-cthulhu way, and more of the byzantine empire gettan big. the PCs would lose a battle against rebels and realize what's actually happening behind the scenes. BBEG will be presented as a "wants to end the world", with his real backstory hidden away for a considerable amount of time.

i'd fuckin play it.

Setting: Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
>cyberpunk future with lovecraftian magical elements, demonic possession, and otherworldly shenanigans.

Protagonist: Dream a dream - Capatain Jack
>Young woman from present day, before everything got fucked, that was in cryostasis for a couple hundred years. Has to learn to cope with the world she has moved into. Has met some of the few good people in the world that try to help her as best they can.
Villain: The dreadnoughts - Sleep is for the weak
>Tenacious and ambitious bastard who has made so many pacts with demons/gods that they have fight over who gets his soul, he has so many implants and body mods that you can barely tell there is a man underneath there. He has a phone book worth of powers. His goal is to overthrow the mega corporations and become the emperor of the world, in doing this he will stop at nothing and by the end the body count will be in the billions.

>Dashboard-Modest Mouse
The setting is a crippled dystopia where none of the inhabitants can actually do anything. Magic keeps the realm running and after a few generations of perfect Utopia people within the kingdom now see little point in anything besides philosophical banter and laying around
>Radicals-Tyler the Creator
Fucking fun!
The protag is a chaotic evil Anarchist who sees the degradation of the society around him and wants to destroy it all to open their eyes to it.
>North American Scum-LCD soundstage
The leader of the Dystopia will be the BBEG. He is a cult leader who believes he has remade Eden and believe it to be completely superior in every way to every other society that exists and has ever existed.
He's a complete druggy Sorcerer who is out of his mind on opiates half of the time enjoying the near unlimited free time his Eden has allowed for him to have. Until the protag starts fucking shit up and harshes the bbeg's mellow

I fucking love it.

Setting: Don't Touch The Bang-Bang Fruit - The Meteors
youtube.com/watch?v=2N--mSzwxDg

I figure the setting is bizarro darkest africa during the early 20th century - but with miraculous plants and hostile supernatural wildlife and European adventurers with guns and jeeps all scrambling for a piece.

Hero inspiration: Stereotype - The Specials
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4lvUJ39fE

The protagonist is probably a very mundane person swept into fantastic circumstances; an Arthur Dent sort of character, but with a little more in the way of teeth; maybe some buried hang-ups about his own masculinity, which are overcome through the plot.

Villain inspiration: Hero - Ministry
youtube.com/watch?v=Ch9t-u6bvNE

End Justifies the means, martyr-complex a mile wide, sincerely believes that mass death and destruction are an ideal solution.

I'm basically imagining One-Piece in pith helmets to be honest.

>A spoonful of Sugar
The age of the great imperial botanists, grand colonial empires have been in place long enough to be called old and the full economic power of their foreign possessions are being fully realised. It is an age of dynamic adventurers dodging exotic monsters, traversing unconquerable terrain and duping customs officers all while keeping the cheer and cheek that can only come with getting away with blatant imperialism.

>I'm My Own Master Now
A disgraced botanist turned Navy Captain gets caught up in a mutiny where a whole fleet succeeds under his immoral but absurdly charismatic admiral seeking to establish his own independent state, our Protag's old skills bring him into the inner circle where despite being a man of honour and not believing in the virtue of the admiral's intent somehow ends up his "Minister for Economics". He plays along not wishing to be killed and becomes one of the man's closest advisors and confidants.

Further treachery follows as another officer, hoping to seek a royal pardon assassinates the admiral but fails to gain support and is executed, on his deathbed the admiral names our Protag his successor. Any return to home will result in execution as a deserter so our Protag decides to accept and shape the new state into something to be proud of.

>The Braying Mule It's an instrumental piece from the Django soundtrack that was originally used in "Two Mules for Two Sisters"
The Mule, a mercenary hired by Protag's old state to destroy his start-up by any means necessary. The new state has a strong and competent navy, direct conflict would be costly so instead they covertly fund the free roaming outlaw army of the mule to frustrate and ruin all of of the mutineer's aspirations.

The story centres around a man trying to be moral while building a sate and under siege.

Setting: To You All Kids Will Come by Cristobal de Veer
>Biotech Catholic Wonderland that is extremely insidious. Full of people being very amused by the world as they dine on its flesh. People are unfortunately disappeared with frightening speed.

Protag:Hydrogen by M|O|O|N
>A masked enforcer with a very fast heart rate and as such is quite fragile but can still break bones and RIP AND TEAR who altogether gets in too deep into the Bad Things of Biotech Catholic Wonderland such as human gene experimentation. He wears an adorable bunny mask.

BBEG: The Goat & The Mayhem by Mark Korven
>A sanity rending person with the voice of a forest and endless, mesmerising hatred, whose goal is to purge Biotech Catholic Wonderland of its vanities and drag people back towards peaceful, painful, simple times. Lives inside a friendly woman in her twenties who manages a home for the elderly.

>I figure the setting is bizarro darkest africa during the early 20th century - but with miraculous plants and hostile supernatural wildlife and European adventurers with guns and jeeps all scrambling for a piece.

So the Vorrh?

>youtube.com/watch?v=zbjgCefTY5s
The lyrics are nacionalist serbian stuff mixed with crime stuff so it olny makes sence for the setting to be serbian underground
>youtube.com/watch
v=ETUitPFqxUY
Some chill geographer whose wife left overnight.
youtube.com/watch?v=ss6CAIGpoko
BBEG is some coked out club owner who shits money and is known for taking whatever he wants.

Lose the Box - Ménage Quad
Where It's At - Beck
Night Fever - Beegees

Setting is a hip hop club gone wild, the protagonist is a calm and cool jazz singer who wants to reshape the club in a calmer way and the bbeg is disco. Ok, that was odd.

Welll I kinda only have Nightwish at the moment, so

>Stargazers
Cryptic star aliums setting.
>Endless Forms Most Beautiful
The embodiment of evolution and life on Earth?

Ok so we're already space supers tier. I really do not expect BBEG song to produce some shit on this tier.

>Wanderlust
So, some sort of an endless wanderer....

Welll, with my love of using some references, I'm going to whip up a little in mspaint.

>Scars by Papa Roach
>Decontrol by Drist
>Better Metal Snake by Dethklok
Uhhh...
Okay, setting is M:tG, New Phyrexia?
Protag is Karn Liberated?
BBEG is either Elesh or Vorinclex.
Best I can come up with, as I'm not too up on M:tG lore, but what tangental knowledge I have points me towards it as the best choice for these three songs.

youtu.be/zDiNSyJRDhY
youtu.be/nhZdL4JlnxI
youtu.be/JvtmbRJx_PE

I have no idea how to approach this at all.

>Fighting Tournament of weird-ass-powered people
>MC's power is CARS or SPEED
>BBEG is just impossibly strong
I mean, it's kinda straightforward with points 1 and 3.

And fuck it will do another one with my Nightwish

>Crownless
Succession crisis and the like
>Passion and the Opera
...and the protagonist is straight up succubus
>Ghost Love Score
......and the BBEG is a mad ghost in mad love

This has gotten weird.

>Furnace Room Lullaby-Neko Case
Very gloomy Victorian-ish setting.

>Forever Flame-Miracle of Sound
Protagonist is the type who will pursue their goals no matter how bad things get.

>Rise of the Chaos Wizards-Gloryhammer
BBEG is an evil sorcerer who has escaped his prison after a thousand years.

Your list of songs in whatever media player you prefer.

>the Vorrh

I have not heard of this, thank you!

>Setting
>NMH - Oh Comely
Thinking an area on the western frontier of a formerly great kingdom. Gilead from the Dark Tower comes to mind.

>Protagonist
>Fleet Foxes - Blue Spotted Tail
Rather idealistic young guy, middle class or minor noble, interested in exploring and discovering for discovery's sake. I'm feeling Twoflower but less naïve.

>Antagonist
>Peter Frampton - Show Me the Way
A bitter, disillusioned warrior-priest who knows the gods are real but has never received guidance from them, and wants to take them to task for it.

>In the Mood-Glenn Miller
Height of Nazi Germany
>Fire Lances of the Hyperzephyrians-The Sword
The hero is a German solider who works with artillery and explosives, just a young dude who's very patriotic and idealistic
>Metro-Berlin
The villain is an anarchist opposed to Hitler who begins her reign of terror bombing a crowded train, with the hero being one of the only survivors

They have a brief encounter on the train before the attack, he survives because when she moved carts he followed her so he could ask her on a date.

I'd play it.

youtube.com/watch?v=gqaWsxXrJSw

It's the dropzone. Conscripted interplanetary invasion force has been sleeping in cryostasis aboard their vessels for uncountable years, but as the friction of the atmosprehe burns the hulls of dropships, they became to awaken. Who were they before they became the unshakable unified force ? It doesn't matter, all that matters is that this world will be battlefield.

youtube.com/watch?v=F89McWFENTs

Well, there's another thing that is known: Mernie Senemenen didn't volunteer for this mission. An interplanetary sleazebag debauchee, smuggler and old-world clothing enthusiast, he doesn't have anything against the folks down there. But can he fall back ? How much time has passed, with him sleeping during the travel? Could it be that there is no more world to escape, even if "the velcro worm" manages to squirm off planetside ?

youtube.com/watch?v=5OL1kk-vEOo

And alas, it seems that the "folks down there" aren't going to go down without a fight. Their society modeled after an ancient TeleVision programme, the defenders quickly dub the invaders as "klingons". But are they themselves human, or perhaps aliens who have been indoctrinated by slow-traveling radio-vawes from earth ? It doesn't matter, for only thing that is to be excepted from being captured is a fair trial, and a swift, painless excecution.

Setting

youtube.com/watch?v=UCzx1o352wg

Bittersweet, a world half empty. Much pain & sorrow, but light at the end of the tunnel. Little moments make everything worthwhile.

Protag

youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

Optimistic, wide eyed, world affirming sort of guy. Love & friendship and all that jazz.

Villain

youtube.com/watch?v=RbMn6qsT3bc

Sinister, an individual of the shadows. Very insidious sort of evil. Beyond the light of the fire, lurking in every tree, the wind, the twig cracking, wandering the backalleys, in the eyes of any odd stranger, a solitary hunter. By the time you realize something is wrong, a flurry of panic overtakes you. That sort of villain.

>House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
youtube.com/watch?v=hRXb7K7k7bQ
Setting is 60s New Orleans, naturally.

>Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
youtube.com/watch?v=sEXHeTcxQy4
Protag is a stripper in a seedy club trying to eke out a living and eventually make enough to get out of town.

>harder than you think - Public Enemy
youtube.com/watch?v=pCx5Std7mCo
This one's got me stumped.

ITT: autistic metalheads and dadrock enthusiasts

First song: "Final Stand" from a Homestuck fan album. Pretty tense fight theme. Presumably a dark & gritty setting, lots of high-stakes battles.

Second song: ...Dance Commander, by Electric Six. A single shining beacon of hope and order in a lawless, chaotic world.

Third song: The Rockafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim.

I. What? What the hell.

I guess the setting is hardcore dance battles. Like yugioh levels of srs bsns about dance battles.

protag is Dance Commander, a revolutionary leading organized troupes of dancers in a bloody war against the lawless agents of the Rockafeller Skank, a mysterious entity corrupting the purity of dance into something sleazy, unholy, and unclean.

Shit, throw in some Stands and we got JJBA Part 5.

ok.

>I unironically enjoy Nikki Minaj

oh boy

SETTING
youtube.com/watch?v=zvdbDw5bXnQ

This song is just about Europe near the end of the second world war as far as I can tell, so that's a pretty clear cut setting.

PROTAGONIST
youtube.com/watch?v=r1dquH_KOQc

This is EDM that is more or less about pic related. He's a high level bard. Pretty straightforward again.

BBEG
youtube.com/watch?v=wh3i3vWgPyk

The BBEG is Adolf Hitler. He wants to bring his "party" (the third reich) all over the world. In this alternate history line, Hitler has some sort of mind control technology he uses to keep people complacent, allowing him to stalemate the war.

Our story follows Timmy Tumpet on his musical tour of war torn Europe. Only Timmy has the power to break the mind control of the Nazis to liberate the German people once and for all.

>Game Theme
Gangsta's Paradise

>Protag Theme
City Escape (Sonic)

>BBEG Theme
Handlebars

>Setting

youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ
This will be good.
>Protagonist

youtube.com/watch?v=t0URLGsf1e0
Oh god this will be terrible.

>BBEG
youtube.com/watch?v=kywhIEnEg0s

Conclusion : Dark Tower? Dark Heresy?

I need to get real music in my playlist.

>Setting
Lose Yourself (Eminem)

>Protagonist
Ambiguous (Gardenrella)

>Villain
Bongo Bong (Manu Chao)

My face.

>DEATHCAMP: Tyler the creator
Criminals, delinquents and anyone with a sense of artistic talent is sent to DEATHCAMP, a reality tv show carefully designed to encourage more delinquency for fame while slowly killing it's stars at the height of their careers.
>Bonfire: Childish Gambino
The newest rising star of DEATHCAMP. Knows the secret behind the show, orchestrating a plan to burn the whole thing to the ground.
>Wicked and Weird: Buck 65
Vagabond serial killer extraordinaire. Hired by the production team to pick off the stars with well timed accidents. Travels with his dog, a massive, if mangy mutt that has a fondness for human flesh.

This sounds so fucking fun, holy shit.

Setting: Highland Cathedral.

So Scotland.

Protagonist: Into You (Ariana Grande)

I'm at a loss for this one.

BBEG: Ghost Riders in the Sky (Johnny Cash)

Ghost riders. In the sky.

>The District Sleeps Alone
So the setting appears to be mournful noir, at the end of an age in a failing city.
>These Days are Gone and My Heart is Breaking
Damn, ok, we have a dead-beat dad who left his wife and son to be an adventurer. Now, decades later, his son calls him; he needs something, and has nowhere else to turn but to the father who was never there.
>pretty little head
BBEG is a necromancer, the new power in town. She killed the protagonist's old wife.

Protagonist has to go full detective to save his estranged son and avenge his wife, as sultry necromantic witch begins her ascent to power in the city.

For the first song, on the embed hover thumbnail, the car fire and space between the trees looks like a dickandballs.

>Setting
Lovers Wreck - Gaelic Storm
youtube.com/watch?v=MkiLddYJTDs

>Protagonist
Trigger Happy - Weird Al
youtube.com/watch?v=rN6avab0fIY

>BBEG
No Hopers, Jokers & Rogues - Port Issac
youtube.com/watch?v=AYA_0R7Vw1s

Okay despite how jarringly dissimilar the first two are I can kind of make them work, but fuck, that third one I cannot into villain.

>implying this isnt easy
just going off the first minute and the title angel beats a best
the BBEG is trying to either resurrect/protect/prove ( whatever motive you decide) for his significant other.

for example:
>BBEG before he was a BBEG met a woman/man they fancied and was the absolute happiest the BBEG has ever been
>certain event happens that wont allow them to be with their significant other
>they do everything in their power to be happy again
>even if that means becoming something they would rather not be.

its super fuckin easy the easiest plot motive for me is
>significant other died, so the BBEG became a necromancer to revive them but lost their mind through the process and doesnt remember why they did in the first place and the pcs know about his past lover and try to help the BBEG resurrect her

but even then theres more options
>significant other gets kidnapped, BBEG using his fame, money, and power hire several parties to find her the pcs were hired to protect her. she is needed for (insert plot reason here)
>significant other is lost at sea and is presumed dead, the BBEG becomes more politically involved in order to raise an army to FIGHT THE SEA GOD TO BRING BACK HIS LOVER or some shit idk

tl:dr its alot easier if you actually listen to the fuckin lyrics you mongoloid

>A low down hood track star tries to escape the sprawling urban complex of a gangstar dictator with infinite resolve and ambition

>twilight of the thunder god
okay, norse theme
>krummavisur
some crow i guess
>black betty
some evil chick called black betty

damn i should write a book

First Song: God is a Serb
Balkans, obviously
Second Song: When it Falls
Peasant girl armed with a scythe, who wears red wool clothing.
Third Song: When Johnny Comes Marching Home
Citizens in the southern regions have become fed up with the King and are rebelling.

>dat song
I think we know who your BBEG is.

OREWA

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k

>protag
youtube.com/watch?v=85ftfVUTzM4

>BBEG
youtube.com/watch?v=F3CIbk3At_8

I... I don't know how to interpret this.

Fuck, I forgot my setting. Muslims are upset with the Serbians and are trying to separate.

Fuck off FrankFag

youtube.com/watch?v=xYR1jxsbCg4
An ethereal and dreamlike futuristic world. Flying cars and ships float through mile high cities like fish through reefs. Neon lights and holograms, most of which are shades of violet, blue, and green, shine through a dense, cool fog in a perpetually overcast night.

youtube.com/watch?v=98uZgPXBEKE
A clueless police cadet on assignment to enforce the law in a Kowloon-like area inhabited by tribal societies.

youtube.com/watch?v=B4F4DRHZnsg
An affable celebrity of a mad scientist with a personality cult spanning the entire world. He has not been caught doing anything illegal, but suspicion grows among law enforcement circles.

>traditional games
>the protag
>the protag
>the protag
>the protag
>traditional games

>Setting
At the Gates - Eater of God's
>Protag
MGS Snake Eater Theme
>BBEG
Dark Souls OST - Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

In a world of madness and decay, one man is at war with reality. Will Naked Snake be able to stop the evil schemes of the fallen gods?

Setting:
youtube.com/watch?v=c8AE66Riyko

The song is about a rich/well of girl trying to make it on her own, but still needing to rely on others and their money, and still needing to take advantage of the luxuries of their old life, unable to complete basic upkeep tasks and fearing their significant other doesnt love them for these reasons. Significant lyric "Its just a question of eliminating obstacles" . Lets go literal.

After centuries of war the gods imbue the planet itself with life, created a race of elementals to govern life upon it, and then left ashamed of the war of their creations, with only the elementals now able to call on their power.
The elementals are worse than the gods, violently destroying anything they see as an obstacle to "their" planet and "their" rule, hurling entire cities into the ocean to drown or miles into the air to crash and be annihilated. Yet, in times of great strife and brewing war (largely caused by their own actions) they still rely on being the only ones able to contact the gods and call upon divine magic, rather than relying upon skills of their own.

The Elemental Priesthood live in constant fear of the living creatures they were set to watch, guard and rule in peace, despite the fact the most humans still love them even with their massive destructive rampages.

Protag:
youtube.com/watch?v=EMsTSdHIJds
A song about destruction, rebirth farming and hope.

A young pair of farmers, husband and wife, look upon the wreckage of their life after the passing of the elementals destroyed all their lands, their village, all they knew for some imagined slight. They re-enter their ruined farmstead in hope that something will be left standing they can build upon, knowing all who walk into the wake of the elementals will be destroyed by the churning divine elemental magics of earth, air, wind, fire, life and death they leave in their wake, and the monsters they leave in these patches of chaos.

However, venturing into the warped landscape they find the area coruscating with raw magic, and use this along with ancient and long outlawed farming rituals meant to ensure good harvests and healthy families to re-ignite the even more ancient and forbidden practices of druidry.

With this power they begin to build and protect a band of friends among the refugees, that swift becomes a mercenery troupe, then a loyal druidic order and eventually a new, secret kingdom of the wilds bent on the downfall of the elementals.

BBEG:
youtube.com/watch?v=2BS7nkqKAJQ
A song about the changing of economic landscapes, how young hope and fire becomes the bitterness of the old and the divide between the rich and poor, peasants and rulers, and how anyone who even notices the divide can be cast out, from either group.

A middle aged and powerful elemental who begins to notice the failure of the elemental priesthood isolates itself from its kin, and decides a more constant hand must be taken in ensuring piece: it incarnates in a humanoid body and begins to build an empire, modifying many humans, especially soldiers, with elemental divine power to better stand up to regular forces, while experimenting on humans to fundamentally alter them so they are incapable of war.

My kind are monsters, no better than humans, simply destroying all they find that resembles war. Killing and destroung like the storms themselves rather than like the thinking feeling creatures the gods made them to be. This is evil, and worse a failure to complete the tasks we have been set by our creators in our existence. Humans must be watched and guarded at every moment of every day. We must be successful. Our remit, the remit of the gods must be fulfilled.

Setting:Techno-classical aristocracy with a heavy helping of Esper powers and vampires.

Protag: Someone forced to leave their love and looking to find them again, despite their love being the reason he had to leave in the first place.

BBEG: The perfect jail cell/prison.

Story: in a magitech future world ruled by a vampire aristocracy, those of the lower classes with vampire heritage are known to develop esper powers. They are treated as second class citezens or even slaves, often used as soldiers to fight in the daytime or favoured cattle to feed on.

When one esper soldier falls for their vampire aristocrat handler, they run away, despite the danger of living as an escaped slave, as they dont want the danger of the romance to fall on their lover.

However, their love has been noticed, and the vampire imprisoned in the perfect cell, a living prison crafted out flesh via vampire blood magic.

The lover must now assemble a team to break into vampire ultramax before the scheduled execution and save their lover..

Setting: Ancient egyptian crime civilization of dark magic where all breaches of the unwritten rules are punished by exile.

Protagonist: This is an RPG, you are the DM, the Protags are your players.

BBEG: The ancient alien gods who rule the crime civilization. Actually super powerful sorcerors from another world. Like illithids but greys.

Its a game where the players are a group of criminals who have offended the gods, and have to weeks to either leave the great city of Silk, prove their innocence (of offending the gods, not of crime. not doing crime is offensive to the crime gods) or kill the god that claimed offense.

>Richard Strauss' Elektra
An Iliad/Odyssey setting with extra cyclical violence and betrayal.
I don't think the extreme expressionism works in the context of TTRPGs though.

>Olivier Messiaen's Vignt Regards sur l'Enfant Jésus - 18 - Regard de l'Onction terrible
The story behind this work is the composer's favorite version of the Jesus story. That version goes that Jesus could see the suffering he would need to endure from his birth but he goes through with it anyway. So any self-sacrificing seer would do I guess.

>Elliot Carter's A Mirror on Which to Dwell - 5 - View of the Capitol Building from the Library of Congress

I could never make heads or tails of the poem set to seriallist music here but BBEG and the Capitol Building go hand in hand. The words have something to do with hawkish politics failing to cause war I guess? Indeed, the military band on the steps of the capitol building has its music silenced by the intervening trees before it reaches the library of congress, and the brasses do not get to go boom-boom like they want.

> Apocalypta -- "I Don't Care"

Apparently this takes place in a high school in the Midwest, complete with edgy nihilist teenagers.

> The Eagles -- "Doolin' Dalton"

... Written by the Coen Brothers?

> Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Purple Stain"

You know what? Fuck this. Fuck you all. This doesn't work.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sQ8R54C53o

youtube.com/watch?v=zAyFS_v47go

youtube.com/watch?v=a6TkmjpSQZY

well i'm at a loss as to what the fucks going on, I like it though.

First:
youtube.com/watch?v=KopqunUg2Lo&list=PL1Lkz--s-OxvQa32ERbHnBqqsExIzjTZR&index=7

Second:
youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y

Third:
youtube.com/watch?v=RZVyHH-voR8

I... I don't know how any of these go together

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ58WxM8uog
Viking-esq world about standing up to bullies
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYGQexs27nU
Spirit guide gives protag some advice?
youtube.com/watch?v=B4sqishGuYw
Im not sure how this will pump him up maybe he will square dance the shit out of the protag?

you made a super robot anime show

Setting: Post-post nuclear apocalypse steampunk setting, tons of weird monster creatures, still some humans, wierd monocycles and all kinds of crazy vehicles, world is split between wasteland, jungle and space stations.

Protagonist: A powerful psychic with the ability to project memories and astral project.

BBEG: A golem formed around an enscription of a lost ancient verse. Slow and purposeful, has a sick ass desert dunebuggy go cart.

BBEG: A "government gangster", an incredibly corrupt and racist public official who secretly owns several brothels that imprison the sex workers as slaves, after the protag turns them down, they become obsessed with owning them.

An old west lovecraft story about a cultist on the run from his cults deity with his pet shoggoth. The deity is only known as "the pink guy" and manifests as a smiling face pushing its way out of a wall of stretched flesh.

Dude you just rolled a fucking rabbie burns epic poem lmao

In a cathedral convent in the scotish highlands a young nun violates oaths forced upon her, only for her and her lover to be chased forever across the highlands by the wild hunt upon ghostly steeds.

Easy dude your BBEG is a gang of pirates and bandits that make up almost the entirety of a small village's fishing fleet. Lots of smuggling

Just did all of my downloaded songs on shuffle:
1) Love Shack - The B-52's
youtube.com/watch?v=Tzo4NHFKu9Q
2) Mister Richard Smoker - Ween
youtube.com/watch?v=M1j1249CEvA
3) The Stroke - Billy Squier
youtube.com/watch?v=lNDe0kEKrqY

So, in some magical realm setting where sex and love are traded freely, the BBEG is trying to bring the downfall of society by teaching the general public how to masturbate. A lone, gay man sets out to stop him and prevent this forbidden knowledge from reaching this public in what is presumably a tale of hedonism and lechery.

a self sacrificing seer has to stop war hungry politicians from starting a war they cant win, but gets cassandrad over and over again, except more violently

an edgy teenager in the rural midwest thinks themselves a hard bitten true grit gunfighter, but comes up short when going up against the notorious purple strain gang of drug dealers, and their romanian american leader, hollwood dracula

>Setting
youtu.be/yndfqN1VKhY

Whelp, it's obviously a Prison game. Pretty simple.

>Protag
youtu.be/UqU7W8LdRd4
Okay, so I'm gonna assume it's now a Sci-Fi game, and what, the crewman was blamed for the accident, and imprisoned?

>BBEG
youtu.be/VEJ8lpCQbyw

Hmm... Immediate worry is one of the Noble Houses. The loss of the freighter unbalanced the delicate power balance between the Noble Houses and their commercial interests, and someone is pissed off. Should the player manage to get past the Inmates trying to collect the bounty, and the Guards being paid to look the other way, he needs to get his ass out of that prison, and then find a way to take on one of the Princes of the Universe.
Queen Mercury, a man beloved by the people, and surrounded by his loyal bodyguards, Captain May with his Red Special, Deacon John of the Church Militant, and Roger Taylor... yeah, I got nothing for Roger Taylor.

The entire game will be played to the greatest hits of the 70s and 80s.

>filk
my nigga
how do you feel about clowns and toolboxes?

Setting: Road Trippin - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Protag: Magic Spells - Crystal Castles
Antag: Saltkin - Purity Ring

The setting is a flat land of rolling plains, slowly drying to saltbeds under the heat of the sun, refugess stream west in the hope of finding a new home away from the ever growing salt plains.
The Protag is a cursed sorcerer, who can speak only speak in cryptic and lyrical snippets of literature and poetry.
The Antag is a cult leader who seeks to aid the spread of the salt plains and turn the refugees into salted mummies in the service of their strange god.

>Fun excercise

>the crown and the ring-manowar
Takes place in power metal heaven, the king seeks battle and a glorius death fighting the BBEG
>slave to the sword-exmortus
Edgy warlord seeking to enslave the world, would have better suited the BBEG
>astral annihilation-unleash the archers
cosmic world destroying entity

nerd music makes this stuff easy

The BBEG is literally Cell.

To all the people posting only youtube links, nobody is going to open them. Post the name and band too or don't bother posting.

>first one must inspire your setting
The Beards - You should consider having sex with a bearded man

>second must inspire the protag
Gorillaz - 19-2000

>third must inspire the BBEG
Darkest Of The Hillside Thickets - Big Robot Dinosaur

Well I could not have chosen the third song better if I tried, the second song is kind of inspiring in and of itself, but I have no fucking idea how the first song could influence the campaign

My feel-good playlist sure doesn't make an exciting story with this.
>Setting
youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
Smash Mouth - All-Star
Uh, I guess it takes place in a light-hearted, summertime comedy? Or a swamp/Digital World
>Protagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=X_I4wtNPv5w
Hall and Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True
Some guy who falls in love with a girl?
> BBEG
youtube.com/watch?v=WgBeu3FVi60
Matt and Kim - Daylight
I guess the story is about a guy in the summertime who falls in love with a girl, but he only has a single day left to spend with her until she leaves or something.

Your taste in music is godly. Be proud of yourself.

But I only have one song on my playlist. Linkin Park - In the End

>first one must inspire your setting

QUEEN - It's a Kind of Magic

>second must inspire the protag

WEEBL - Amazing Horse

>third must inspire the BBEG

MASSIVE ATTACK - Angel

So a magic setting populated by immortal horses capable of travelling the universe and pissing lemonade are beset by an entity of cosmic power that they once considered a force for good.

Huh.

Nobody would recognize the band names either half the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=H4Y-cjqK1Bc

youtube.com/watch?v=Xk11JN8K6bs

youtube.com/watch?v=6JYIdPMIDEM

I have no clue how I would run this, but they work surprisingly well.

>DOOM soundtrack
Well this got exciting fast.
>Hard Rock Hallelujah - Lordi
Excitement intensifying....
>Sound Of Silence - Disturbed
And it lost me.

I'm open to ideas here gents. This may be something I have to actually pull together and run, it's got a good feel to it so far.

>Mausoleum Suite, Halo 2 Soundtrack
A desolate world, almost devoid of life, where all that remains of its past are great interlocking tombs that are practically entire histories of cultures waiting to be plundered.
>Just stop, Ten Thousand Fists, Disturbed
The protagonist is trying to preserve these Tombs, to allow the dead to rest in peace, desperate to keep it all preserved and thwart any tomb raiders
>Fly from the Inside, Leave a Whisper, Shinedown
Beneath the tombs, an ancient evil is desperately clawing its way to the surface, despoiling the tombs as it climbs for the surface, and freedom, birthing a corrupted army damned to follow their own destroyers will.

A world on the precipice of annihilation - by its own design, it's a living world of chaos and growth. The protag is just like the world he lives in, wild and free, but a stillness is following the evil sorcerer who is incapable of joining the world, and thus is inadvertently destroying it.

First song was some chill jazz trumpet by Mikes Davis. Then it was Joyous Day by Kitsune^2. Then finally Erecta my Hamburger Baby by Machinae Supremacy...

This could go places. Maybe the setting is like a gangster era Jazz paradise, and our protagonist is an energetic, happy go lucky guy who's always in a good mood and usually out better than he should. And for the villain, a slicked back Mafioso bringing a new wave of crime tied to his series of nightclubs with a dark and dangerous atmosphere.

Or some shit like that. I'm not much of a writer