Have you ever used a religion based on Christianity in your games? What did you change...

Have you ever used a religion based on Christianity in your games? What did you change, and did you try to obscure the connection?

1) Yes
2) Virtually nothing, there was just no Jesus figure.

>no Jesus
>changed virtually nothing

I think you might need to read up on Christianity a bit.

> Implying you need a Jesus figure for a gigantic religion with churches, saints, holy orders, crusades and the Pope at the head

You need it for a religion that is like Christianity yes, all that stuff is besides the point. The pope is just a jumped up patriarch who successfully suppressed/murdered other types of Christians in Western Europe for a while.

>pope
>at the head of all Christianity

>crusades
>having any basis on Christian teaching

>holy orders
>not being the autists of the medieval era

>saints
>are pretty cool

>i don't know what the trinity is

Yes. Heavily based on the early Catholic Church just starting to assert its hegemony and start to actively persecute heresy. But also racked by inner turmoil because it has always preached against any congress with extraplanar beings, but now celestials are appearing claiming to have been converted to the one true god, basked in His presence and been sent as his emissaries to mortals.

So Judaism?

Judaism has a lot of other differences, like the way it treats the afterlife.

There is one main church in my setting, the church of the burning tree. They haven't interacted with it too much. I don't really like deities in my game

*tips fedora*

>thinking this is what christianity is about
How's school?

I mean I feel like for the purposes of an rg it's fine to take some surface elements of Christianity and acknowledge that you've done so, without necessarily reflecting it in any deeper sense.

Everything's the same, only there's no One True God, but a bunch of good gods coming together to become the True Good, calling themselves the Holy Spirit. Everything beneath a God is a Saint, and Good Clerics should choose Saints.

Gods die when they are forgotten, so this is a pretty good deal for the good guys.

The Evil Gods aren't so friendly with each other, so there isn't a SuperSatan.

My setting has religions heavily based on Judaism and early Christianity, aside from the somewhat generic pantheons. Unfortunately none of my players care about religion in their characters so it never came up for them. No cleric PCs ever, and the one person who went Paladin was pretty much a mindless murderhobo so after that adventure ended I quickly suggested him to be a fighter, and he agreed.

The only exception was one NPC halfling cleric of the god of death who was very liberal and radical regarding his teachings, so she was a necromancer.

I really like the Buddhism/Shinto/Orthodox mix in Sora No Woto. Been meaning to use it for ages.

You could even call it a Prime Evil.

Has anyone ever NOT used a religion based on Christianity in their game? It's the easiest, laziest but also most understandable way to include a religion in the game. It doesn't matter whether or not you remove the Christ figure or if you rename God "The Light" or whatever, everyone at the table knows exactly what you're talking about. And it's easy because that means you don't need to explain shit.

>Buddhism/Shinto/Orthodox
>Orthodox
That's... odd. Where did that come from? And why Orthodoxy of all branches, I wonder. You'd presume most Nip Christians are American Protestants, so that'd be the branch they'd be most popular with (or Catholocism considering the pope is a global presence and known even in non-Catholic lands).

This was the greatest bait anyone could have posted in the thread.

Only if I want to extremely rip off Diablo 3's petty story.