OOTS1052

New Order of the stick is up!

>Kill the wizard before it ulrk!
What did he mean by this?

I can't believe this comic is still going on after all these years.

Just crop out the bottom three panels completely.

Reminder those last three panels only exist because the GitP community is too stupid to figure out on their own why V's familiar can't see Haley.

I always liked giants. I usually try to negotiate with them, except for hill giants. Hill giants are the GNOMES of the giant category. And fuck GNOMES. I dont think oots does a very good job of displaying the evil of the GNOMES, even if the tinkertown segment did a lot to deal with some unresolved plot.

WHERE'S THE JOKE, BUCKLEY?

If you don't understand the subtle humour in one birds struggle to highlight the danger that windows pose to all people I can't help you.

Remember when this comic used to have funny, DnD-related humor?

BUT THERE ARE NO WINDOWS.

Ok, I have been loving these actually elegant thogs. Not the shit that cropped random bits of words to make dick jokes. Actually just cropping the words that add nothing. Good work Annon.

>There once was a baker named Buckley
>He made specialized breads and rolls for goblins, and as goblins were unused to being catered to, he quickly became popular with them.
>But a small group of goblins did not like his baked goods.
>They thought his recipes too complex, his bread flat.
>So they built a club on the other side of town where they made half baked bread of only flour and water, patting each other on the back and gathering around to mock Baker Buckleys newest creation.

So you getting any sex it off this or do you shill for free?

I think the joke is that from a bird's perspective windows must seem invisible, or else they wouldn't run into them all the time.

I'm paid in your delicious tears

No

Windowfolk made me smile.

Blackwing is easily the most consistently funny character this arc, too much exposition dump and seriousness from the main cast, and we haven't gotten much team evil.

The nihilistic familiar of the overly cheery bugbear was pretty funny too.

I think Hayley's doing okay

Really the problem seems to be that Burlew has "smart" = "talks all the goddamn time"

And even then, a fair bit of that is just catering to his retarded fans

At least he got a half-decent joke out of it.
Man, when did death of the author stop being 'simply' literary criticism and start being the norm?

There are other smart chaacters. V has always been characterized as long-winded.

I want this "fewer words is always better" meme to not reign supreme. Yes, B^Uckley's abortion of a comic was a wordy, overwritten piece of shit. Yes, many and more webcomics suffer from exactly this syndrome, where they just don't know when the fuck to stop writing.

But most of those comics are gag comics of the "a punchline a strip" variety, where all those superfluous words just get in the way of delivering the single, supposed-to-be-funny joke. Comics like OOTS are actually trying to tell a story besides, and the humor has always been more about run-on, Seinfeldian stuff than about that single hee-haw panel.

And yes, the story has been meandering for a long time now and the jokes aren't usually as good as they were in the past, but simply gutting the words out of any given comic just to prove the point that the page could have "worked" without them is dumb as shit.

Yeah, but Roy's been getting worse

Chen be running. Farting.