Oi Veeky Forums

Oi Veeky Forums
How do I make character creation faster? It's usually a slog. (DnD 5e)
And general "questions that don't deserve their own thread" I guess

haveyoutriednotplayingdnd.jpeg

A: Git gud and make a few throw-away characters
B: Don't play D&D 5e and play something even more simple.
C: Seriously nigga chargen at level 1 is slapping stats down, picking a race, picking a class, and spending money for starting gear. It's super fucking easy.

There are more simple games, but 5e character creation is pretty absurdly simple. I'm going to second git good

Pregens. Or play Basic or something.

5e dnd has crazy easy chargen? I don't even know how to respond to this.

The best response is just always play a human since that takes matching a race to a suitable class out of it... but unless you're starting at level five you should be frustrated at how little there is not how much dog.

I remember people complaining it takes them 6 hours to make a pathfinder character. I really can't grasp how it takes that long unless they're level 15+, and even then that's with heavy research into optimization.

If D&D5e character generation is too tough for you maybe you should try a different game like playing with coloured blocks or crayons something.

>colored block chargen too difficult
>spend 10 years trying to pick which color block you want to play

>>colored block chargen

I need to see this exist.

Every edition since oldblocks has been progressively worse. Wood-colored was the only color we needed. Now the whole system is just mired in gamey, redundant options that stifle any sense of realism or immersion. Who the fuck ever heard of a red block?

I've seen red block in some of their supplemental materials but I have no idea why it's in core.

Orange block is what really pisses me the fuck off. It's pretty much red block.

Its the fucking sjws demandibg more diversity in blocks

Option A: stop being a fucking retard
Option B: play a premade character

>Who the fuck ever heard of a red block?
literally eastwards of Berlin Wall

>"block lives matter" activists

Nah, the german system had purple blocks that just looked really red and called them red blocks. I think it had to do with market testing or just the localization team being weird.

Kids always say this.

Dude, multi-colored blocks existed in supplemental materials way before "sjw" was ever a thing.

Practice makes perfect boi. As a GM with noobs:
Separate the task into smaller phases, and go for that at once with every player. 1. char concept, 2. race, 3. class, 4. stats, 5. spells, feats and shit, 6. starting currently equipped gear + nifty bag of adventurer gear. Should take 30min tops.

>tfw you'll never find a BM who will let you play a semicylindrical teal block who was raised by interlocking plastic construction bricks

Colored blocks has never been known for its "realism". Just look at the combat system; there isn't even a rule for blocking.

Practice, honestly. 5e is a very simple system for character creation, especially if you aren't making casters.

Make a few characters and you'll notice your speed increases dramatically.

It depends on what you mean, if you're talking about having a plan and trying to figure out how to execute it, that's just game knowledge. If you mean building a character from the ground up I would say that I could spend 3 days before I settle on a concept.

Narrow down and focus what characters are allowed, what the campaign will be. Play an all Dwarf campaign, for example. Tell everyone to play a human and that you are all veterans of the same platoon/squad 'from the war'.

This is what bugs me about a lot of people complaining about block editions. It's like they didn't even realize what kind of blocks they were using in the first place.