Orcish Conquest

ok Veeky Forums my party is just killed a chieftain and took over his tribe, using the orc warlock as the face of the tribe it will be a cold day in hell before they let the human or the elf lead them they are planning to conquer all the other orc tribes. so does anyone have any information on tribal warfare / diplomacy. im open to suggestions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cGZkCPo7tC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And what will we have to give up for this unity?

How many wives do they have? How many wives do they plan to have by intermarrying between the tribes in order to unite them into a proper civilization?

That's stupid and lame

Go to the tribes and see what they want, what they need. If you provide for them they will be in debt to you although this will probably lead to some evil shit depending on setting.

If it comes down to combat then flank the fuck out of them. Your party should be pretty hardcore so if you get a reputation as badass champions of the tribe then the warlock will have a pretty easy time convincing other tribes to join up lest their champions get their shit kicked in.

Everything....

Sounds reasonable.

It's all about prestige. You conquered a tribe. So what? That doesn't mean you can just bully and cajole the others to follow you. They have to want to. There has to be a purpose and goal for you entire culture group to unite dozens of extensive family groups that may have decades long feuds between them into a cohesive whole.

What can they do as the group that they can't do alone and what is it that makes your Orc warlock the individual they unanimously agree should lead them.

Just crack heads until they fall in line.

That just pisses off their family members and friends and gives you a likely permanent enemy working against your conquest

This is orcs dude

Cracking heads is par the course.

Not cracking heads is a sign of weakness.

Slaughter every last one of the makes males in a years-long war of conquest, then claim the orc females, splitting them among the orcs of the tribe, the warlock, the elf, and the human. Breed them all. Blood runs red.

That doesn't make a difference. It's because of the primitive values that it works that way. You crack my boys head I crack yours. Mah boy dindu nuffin.

If he was cracking a dwarf head or a human head all the orks would like him. All he'd have to do is invite everyone along and they'd have a great time and it'd all be thanks to the Warlock.

>It's because of the primitive values that it works that way
>Orcs act in a primitive values way where they emphasize family and clan bonds

See, now you are getting really setting specific with your orcs and now the entire argument is completely fruitless because the only answer is "depends on setting."

Way to be a fucking shithead.

That's the basic building block of culture and civilization man.

You've effectively offended all half orcs in neighboring settlements.

Now new parties could form to thwart your crusade and defend humanoid settlements from destruction.

Easier to negotiate with intelligent creatures and not monstrous animals. Maybe the Druids will sort it out without further trouble to your party from rumors in the bar.

It's the basic building block of fucking human civilization and culture. Can you please pretend you are on a board about make-believe?

>Says user pointing out how basic tribal relations work are making baseless assumptions on the setting
>Said (or was supporting) that implies orcs can be nothing but mindless brutes who only follow strength and nothing else

Way to be a fucking shithead

Depends on setting.

Nah, it's a natural extension of their core concept.

Unless you just want to break it down to just the word "orc" free of all connections which you are free to but I feel kind of defeats the purpose.

Depends on tyranny you mean.

if unity is the end goal coerce the tribes slowly but surely form a bigger group mentality, meaning make them less and less think of their tribe as the only one , the only one that matters but instead think of the whole of the tribes as one.

To do so break the monolithic tribe culture, make them gather to discuss on the same ground, encourage and arrange inter marriages, host feasts where each tribe gets to socialize in a friendly and warm environment,find cultural "me toos"(similar arts, similar mythos, similar ideologies) and teach those unified ideologies to the kids in groups on the basis of "different but equal"

i'm going with human tribes, I don't really know how are the orcs in this setting and as such tweaks must be made

Nah, setting.

Social bonds are the epitome of any and all social groups which are needed for larger society. Who would primitive orcs share the closet social bonds with if not their immediate family members?

> inter marriages, host feasts where each tribe gets to socialize in a friendly and warm environment
>i'm going with human tribes

If you want to make orcs carbon copies of humans then you really need to ponder on the idea of imagination and why you have orcs in the first place.

>Social bonds are the epitome of any and all human social groups which are needed for larger human society.

And that's not even getting into what defines a social bond.

Use your fucking imagination.

We aren't provided with any information about the orcs beyond the fact they are tribal. If we assume OP wants us to completely disregard all basic structure found in human tribal society and instead somehow know how an undefined orc tribe works the question makes no sense.

why i said human tribes is since the OP is asking for info on tribes the only tribes we can gather info are human tribes, if you really want to go all crazy why ask in the first place any info if it is going to be from human references

Whats your imaginative ideas then? If you're the same guy from up the post chain your idea is "Smashing heads makes me boss". Quite possibly the dullest and most overused trope for orcs to have ever plagued them.

>ignoring the entire history of orc as a concept and key themes of the race's interpretation across multiple settings

> if it is going to be from human references

see

Such as?

> Quite possibly the dullest and most overused trope for orcs to have ever plagued them.
> Instead of starting from a foundation of a race that would be fundamentally different from humans let's have them copy humans
>I'm going to call something dull and overused like it's a bad thing

I'm sorry that you are apparently such a hardcore orc fanatic that follows all things that are orc to the point where smashin heads has gotten dull to you but I find that to be a very fascinating foundation for a civilization and a species to be built upon.

You should read up on Warcraft lore if you have a hard on for less "survival of the fittest brutality" orcs

>I'm user and I can't Google "orc"

>Having same basic tribal origins
>Copying humans

They could develop into almost any direction you could imagine from that point onward. They could follow a matriarchal order of magical oracles, be led by lords who made their names and claims to their crowns by fighting demon hordes and looting hell scapes or going on quests that mirrored the tales of their Gods, they could be fearful of the ocean rising up and swallowing the world so they make sacrifices by dumping prisoners of war or virgins or whatever into the sea. The fact they follow a basic building block of all social species doesn't stem creativity in the slightest.

You want them to beat each other up and have that be the end all and be all of a powerful and indisputable orc ruler. That's an end point that defines the culture and orc mindset. That inherently stifles creativity and limits them.

>Google "orc"
>(in fantasy literature and games) a member of an imaginary race of humanlike creatures,
>humanlike creatures,

Welp.

>They could develop into almost any direction you could imagine from that point onward

So they are just a different human culture? Because what you are describing is how all the different human cultures formed. Because that's exactly how different human cultures formed. Because the "basic tribal origins" you describe are ones from humans, not from orcs.

>That inherently stifles creativity and limits them.

No, sticking them with human cultural themes inherently stifles creativity and limits them.

>You want them to beat each other up and have that be the end all and be all of a powerful and indisputable orc ruler

Ok so obviously you have no idea what a strawman is because you just made an obvious one.

I hope you like hipsters.

They are different cultures. They can be as human or inhuman as you desire. Pretty much every social species I am aware of is based on top of family groups. You keep saying "No not orcs" but you haven't given an alternative. Through a mythological or sci fi explanation would be easy enough.

It's not a strawman it's your stance. You want survivial of the fittest brutality orcs. The entire point of this reply chain is because I described how tribal relations worked like OP asked and you insisted orc hierarchy is based entirely on physical ability. Now you're insisting I'm stifling your creativity because I pointed out a social species has social ties and killing members of these ties piss them off and make them not want to follow a leader.

> Pretty much every social species I am aware of is based on top of family groups

Are you aware of orcs?

> you haven't given an alternative

Yes I have.

>You want survivial of the fittest brutality orcs
>You want them to beat each other up and have that be the end all and be all of a powerful and indisputable orc ruler. That's an end point that defines the culture and orc mindset.

Here let me link the video again.

I hate hipsters too but its important for you to learn from your mistakes.

>I pointed out a human social species has human social ties and killing members of these human ties piss them off and make them not want to follow a leader.

ftfy

No. Please reiterate or relinks the ones you mentioned earlier and I must have missed. Also please give a better stance of the orcs you're arguing for at the very least involves smashing heads to be king.

>humanlike = human

wut

wut?

wut?

wut?

ZOG ME! DA MACHINE WORKS BOSS!

10/10

Wut machine u talkin bout?

Ask them to join you if they say no slaughter them all women and children included, burn there village to the ground. The next clan you ask to join shouldnt be so hesitant