Since Satyrs are just male Nymphs, do you give them the same racial bonuses in your games?

Since Satyrs are just male Nymphs, do you give them the same racial bonuses in your games?
How do you feel about such sexual dimorphism in races?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You have a problem with sexual dimorhpism? Why? Please tell me you aren't going to say it's a myth.

Satyrs are not male nymphs, there is no male version of the nymph.

>Since Satyrs are just male Nymphs

But they aren't.

>Since Satyrs are just male Nymphs
Why can't you just have a male nymph?

And there are no female satyrs.
Coincidence?

Because nymphs are not and have never been male.

Just because nymphs are all-female and satyrs are all-male does not mean they're the same species. They're forest spirits, but to say they're the same kind is like saying Hulder and Trolls are the same race.

And the Romans fixed that issue with Hellenism 2.0; satyrs were replaced with Fauns, which come in male and female varieties.

>Just because nymphs are all-female and satyrs are all-male does not mean they're the same species. They're forest spirits,
But the fact that they are both forest spirits and both only come in 1 gender does seem to suggest some interconnectivity. Plus didn't Satyrs really like harassing nymphs?

Since fawns sort this issue it isn't a huge problem. Out of curiosity, did the Roman's make male nymphs as well?

Yeah no I get that. But if you're making up some setting or campaign and taking from Greek mythology, is it really less egregious to say "Satyrs are male nymphs" versus "there are male nymphs"?

I quite enjoy extreme sexual dimorphism. One of my more favorite kinds are small cute females and large, hulking, barely-recognizable-as-humanoid males.

Like the incredibles!

Satyrs loved trying to seduce or even rape nymphs, but the thing about nymphs is they're quite capable of defending themselves, especially in their pool. So what you get are satyrs making fools of themselves or getting lucky with the occasional nymph while they drown any of the satyrs that get too cocky.

There are no male nymphs in Roman mythology, hence why "nymph" refers exclusively to sexually desirable women.

If you're making a Greek setting than you say Satyrs either just "are" and come out of raw nature stuff, or they come from seducing and impregnating humanoids. A human woman that wants to ride the big floppy horse dick (satyrs are stereotyped as having huge, bestial members) will soon find herself with a satyr kid.

Same thing with nymphs; there are no male nymphs, only nymphs with male lovers from mortal races. Pureblooded nymphs come from forest gods such as Erlkings or river deities banging their wives, who are typically powerful nymphs or hamadryads.

Nymphs are a collective name for a group of goddesses.

The closest to a Male Nymph would be something like the Erotes, of which there were no females.

Well, the Minotaur was created when a human woman got fucked by a sacred bull, sooooooo there's precedent.

It's also because satyrs and nymphs hooking up and having kids is not something that really ever happened. They fooled around sure, but nymphs only had kids with heroes or gods and satyrs generally fucked anything with a hole.

>If you're making a Greek setting than you say Satyrs either just "are" and come out of raw nature stuff,

>In Greek mythology, a satyr (UK /ˈsætə/, US /ˈseJtər/;[1] Greek: σάτυρος satyros,[2] pronounced [sátyros]) is one of a troop of ithyphallic male companions of Dionysus with goat-like features and often permanent erection

>A human woman that wants to ride the big floppy horse dick (satyrs are stereotyped as having huge, bestial members) will soon find herself with a satyr kid.

Did this ever happen? A human woman fucks a horse and then gives birth to a satyr in Greek mythology? If not, then why are you accepting your creations as the only acceptable newness and forbidding others from creating their own things? Why is, "fucks a horse and then gives birth to a half-human half horse" better than "male nature spirit companion to the female nature spirits."

>Pureblooded nymphs come from forest gods such as Erlkings or river deities banging their wives

This is made up.

Why are you guys so obsessed with explaining the propagation of satyrs and nymphs by the two banging, anyway?

Why can't they just "exist" or have some sexless creation, and any children they birth or sire are half-nymphs or half-satyrs?

>>Well, the Minotaur was created when a human woman got fucked by a sacred bull, sooooooo there's precedent.

The Minotaur is not a fucking Satyr.

>In Greek mythology, the Minotaur (/ˈmaJnətɔː/,[1] /ˈmJnəˌtɔːr/;[2] Ancient Greek: Μῑνώταυρος [miːnɔ̌ːtau̯ros], Latin: Minotaurus, Etruscan: Θevrumineś) was a creature with the head of a bull and the body of a man[3] or, as described by Roman poet Ovid, a being "part man and part bull".[4]

Stop acting like your nonsense creations are the one and only truth and everyone that does the same thing as you is wrong because their imagination led them to a different path.

>It's also because satyrs and nymphs hooking up and having kids is not something that really ever happened.

They regularly fucked and live in the same domain; that's precedent enough if we take your Minotaur nonsense as fact.

I guess you didn't actually read my post then

I'm not saying they fuck, I'm saying that Nymph is the name of a group of literal goddesses.

Or this.

Okay so Nymphs are water dwelling, and Satyrs have permenant erections.

and there's no male lesbians... does that make them nymphs?

I mean there are male lesbians.
They are just called men,
I also could have made some god awful gender-fluid joke here, but I don't want this thread to become a /pol/ circlejerk

>Nymphs are water dwelling

Not even most:

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph

Scroll down to the classes.

you know i'm trying to understand this, on the surface it seems fairly obvious, but there are elements that confuse me.

naiads are water dwelling.
I believe Nymphs are environment neutral

What would would a hermaphroditic or futanari goat-person be?

A faun inhabiting a magical realm, probably.

>someone made that

Fucking... WHAT.

Isn't the confusion over Satyrs/Nymphs because they are basically the composite "peoples" from myths of several different civilizations merged into one?

>How do you feel about such sexual dimorphism in races?

>I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?

>How do you feel about such sexual dimorphism in races?
It makes me wonder if arachne/drider men are tiny and ruled over by their women. If so, then /ss/ is their natural mode of reproduction except the boy gets either eaten or castrated, which is horrible. Fuck you nature, fuck you.

>Guys, you ARE seeing the flaming eyeball-teeth heading this way, right?

>Right? Hello, people?

"EY YO, WE HERE FOR DA ORGY!"

"TELL 'EM WE BROUGHT W-"

"WE BROUGHT WINE!"

>They're forest spirits, but to say they're the same kind is like saying Hulder and Trolls are the same race.
In some myths they actually are. In Finnish both magical trickster forest-dwellers (who often look like pretty women with a tail or some other non-human "tell") and ugly brutish guys who throw stones at churches are called trolls, and in some stories the big ugly troll has a pretty humanoid wife. The big ugly ones are sometimes referred specifically as "mountain trolls", though, which would imply they're distinct from plain old troll.

a better question is would a middle aged nymph be a mylph?

>And there are no female satyrs.
Says who?

Mythology.

>49374824
I suppose a... nylph? Minf?

Can't seem to make it work.