Lets have some fun Veeky Forums

Lets have some fun Veeky Forums.

Go to Ebay and find outrageous prices on poorly painted/conversion miniatures.

This is $75 now I know some might say it looks good but the details just look bland.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.(delete)ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40-000-Pro-Painted-Necron-Overlord-with-Warscythe-HQ-Piece-/252205423936?nav=SEARCH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

desu that's fine
the issue is just that people seem to think painting increases the value, when really unless it's an insanely good paintjob it does the opposite.

Im fine with piece of shit miniatures for like $10 so you can strip them then you find shit like this.

I mean its passable but when you have PRO PAINTED in the title your just pulling my chain

It's actually good enough that it'll sell for 75$
This squad on sprue is 40$ afterall, someone took their time to assemble and paint it, they should request more than 40$, cmon

Hmm I guess I just get triggered over stupid shit hell I might order this shit so I could spruce it up put in some extra black outlines and then some of the marines chest pieces are all red. You could really make it pop with added detail

Though if there is one good thing about Ebay its that almost every model seems to have good bases

It's nowhere near a good enough paintjob to warrant selling for more than a new in box set. People don't seem to grasp that, unless you're an /excellent/ painter, assembling makes the models worth less, no matter how long it took you.

Commission shit is retarded for full armies not saying commissions are bad they are perfect for say an HQ you want given a special base and a super cool paint job.

Its not worth it for say an IG armor or other horde armies

I never understood that

I don't think that's true for a great deal of buyers.

Assembled bare plastic or assembled and shoddily painted is worth less, but OPs example is honestly above average.

Most collector's out there are the 2 primary colors+gunmetal variety.

Well that's like 65$ worth of plastic crack so Mabie he spent an hr on it and figured it was worth minimum wage

>but when you have PRO PAINTED in the title your just pulling my chain
Come on, I think by now everyone's learned to assume that ~pro painted~ minis are dunked in wall paint and colored with a sharpie unless accompanied by clear hi-res photos.

You don't get to assemble the models however you want. You don't get all the spare bits. You don't get to determine the color scheme.

Unless you're an amazing painter, your models aren't worth as much as NIB product. Ever.

But if You actually do have the models assembled in a way You want and do get the spare parts then what is the problem with paying someone for it?

>implying there are more than a few sensible options to build and pose your average plastic kit anyway
>implying bits matter

Not that guy, but journey vs destination, man.

It's fucking fine, nothing to write home about but nothing wrong with them either

>buy minis like that assuming they are metal
>finecast

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No problem. But since I'm a commission painter myself, the only time I do that is when I throw $100+ at someone to paint a single mini to an holyfuckawesome level that I then analyze and steal techniques from :P

uhm, i want to sell some minis on ebay too, what would be the right value for something like this?

Clear the bong smoke out of the air then we''ll talk

He's right as buyer I hate shit fuzzy pictures or not enough pictures of your army

its a single pic to illustrate the general level of painting, i was thinking to put them on ebay for ten american dollars.

All it illustrates is that there is a model with a green(?) jacket, orange eye lenses, and he's on some kind of base. It's so fucking blurry you can't make out any details beyond that.

Observe this "pro" painted overlord for £60
m.(delete)ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40-000-Pro-Painted-Necron-Overlord-with-Warscythe-HQ-Piece-/252205423936?nav=SEARCH

god damn it user, i just wanted to ask for a price.

>its badly painted: sell at X
>its not so badly painted: sell at y

i will go for 8 dollars a squad

Its not THAT badly painted I think we just want better pictures

You can't determine if it's a good paint job or not because you can't hardly fuckung see it.

Thats the thing, we cant SEE the painting.

He wants 32$ for "paintjob", that anyone can do

Quit being retarded and provide a clearer picture, otherwise gtfo

Those are specifically the plastic Sternguard though.

I would like to thank this thread for making me go to Ebay for an hour and then finding this offer for $40 plus $10 shipping

Thats actually not that bad though shame its White Scars