Caw Caw Edition

Caw Caw Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread: →

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H47nY2hBOww
kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/greenskin-wars
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

show me your waaagh face

you didn't even Warhammer Fantasy General in the OP
pathetic

I thought it goes in options field, sorry guys, check artstation.com it has TWW models posted recently.

This:

>its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

[citation needed]

This kind of attitude seems the sole preserve of a small and toxic group who want to actively shut down discussion of an interesting part of WHFB fluff.

He's just stating that mentioning ET here is bound to trigger a fight because to most people in the thread, it's seen as the jumping board from WHFB to AoS. He's not giving his own opinion.

But the End Times isn't interesting. I honestly can't think of anyone who would actually like it as it's a completely transparent way of dumping the setting to make AoS. It's hot garbage and if you disagree, I can't stop you from having your own opinion. Even if it's completely wrong.

Galrauch looking sick af. I especiallyou like the difference between the heads; really shows the duality between the noble dragon and the Lord of Change possessing him.

Gotta love those blue veins.

Something that makes me super sad is that every time I play Empire, I unify it and kick Chaos's ass (they usually only have three-four armies) within ten turns.

And because Chaos doesn't 'own territory' it takes them ages to regroup and they never come back with interesting units like this.

Basically, all I ever see are Marauders+Dogs+a few Chosen+Chariots+1 giant+2 trolls+Lord.

It's fucking boring and I just use an Imperial Gunline and kill the entire block.

We had a talk about Warhammers earlier

youtube.com/watch?v=H47nY2hBOww

They ruined Vlad.

Which is the coolest human nation and why is it Kislev?

Weird, Galrauch isn't in the game, but that appears to be the model used for generic Chaos Dragons.

Obvious fact don't need explanation...

Only not good things are that most GMs prefer Empire and that I like to play arcane magic users. Arcane magic in Kislev is banned for man so I would had to play cute ice witch.

It seems like the Empire is the exception rather than the rule, since Bretonnia has the same problem.

>Playing at FLGS
>People tell me that they want to get back into Fantasy
>Float the idea of a 1 day tournament
>Everyone loves it and urges me to run one
>Work my ass off getting everything ready
>Produce the tournament pack, source prizes, make adverts, network and promote the event like crazy
>People email me asking where to get tickets from
>Tournament is next week, list submission is tonight
>Nobody has bought tickets
>People who said they'd support the event just vanished
>mfw the event may get cancelled
>mfw all the hours I spent making sure the tournament would be great have been wasted
>mfw the 9th Age players are probably going to gloat

At least the FLGS owner said the event pack was the best he's ever seen at his store.

lolol dedgayme

My head feels heavy.

Bretonnia is backwards shithole ruled by knights that are constantly cucked by Athe-Loren, so it's not that unexpected.
Border princes don't give a fuck.
Tielia and Estalia lack any info other that being not!Italy and not!Spain

So i told him to destroy Old Word... He actually did it the absolute madman.

Feels bad man.

Tilea has a shit ton of info. The fuck you talking about?

Anybody else think the horns make him look fucking ridiculous? He wouldn't be able to pass through doorways.

Chaos Warriors already must have problems gettign through doors.

Not saying the horns aren't ridiculous, but he's so huge that the horns are pretty much the same width as his shoulders. He wouldn't be able to fit into most doorways anyways

It's got a weird feudal meritocracy thing going on, and technologically (aside from gunpowder) they're only a century or two behind the Empire (in terms of real world weapons and armor), which isn't that bad especially when they have blessings. They also control a large amount of farmable land, unlike the Empire with all its forests, and they've had a magical tradition far longer than the Empire has, since their colleges were only founded maybe two hundred years ago, but Bretonnia's had the damsels for who knows how long.

Really the big reason that they're different is that the Empire made friends with the Dwarves, while the Bretonnians still barely have any contact with the Dwarves and have a tenous alliance with the Wood Elves instead.

>they've had a magical tradition far longer than the Empire has
>Lores of Magic useable by the Empire = 8
>Lores of Magic useable by Bretonnia = 3

>Empire makes friends with the dwarfs
>technologically advanced nation and strongest human nation in the old world, also took the burnt of most Chaos invasions
>Bretonnia makes friends with the knife ears
>shithole of inbreds where all fun toys are banned
Thank your elven overlords Pierre

Only reason the Empire has eight lores is because of the High Elves helping them establish their magic colleges. Before that they were content to let their hedge wizards go crazy in the woods and whatever else they did.

And what are the Bretonnians supposed to do? Ignore these elves that live in the fuckhuge forest in the south of their kingdom? Make friends with the dawi, who only are such good friends with the Empire by chance, and otherwise don't give two shits about humans, especially ones that live beyond the Grey Mountains, the shittiest mountains west of the World's Edge?

>Empire makes friends with higher knife ears
>Empire makes friends with same knife ears as Bretonnia, they save and protect emperor multiple times
>Everyone loves Empire
>No one cares about Bretonnia

Official? May I ask for source?

Archaon is such a tryhard fag boy that is suits him.

I think that Empire have larger corps yield per farmed land that Bretonia due to technological superiority.
In industrial output Empire should dwarf Bretonia.
Empire's army is professional combined arms force while Bretonian is feudal levy that manages to do anything only thanks to Lady's blessing.

So shithole despite it being able to be much better country thanks to lack of chaos invasions and great forests.
For non-noble I wouldn't be surprised if Kislev or Border Princes would be better place to live.

I'm not sure about how farming is handled in WFB or in the real world, so I can't argue with you on that, and I'm not going to deny that even without dwarves helping out, the Empire would have better industrial output.

But most of the Empire's armies are still militias. The only thing each Elector Count has to have is a force of halberders; anything else is fair game. They often serve as gendarmes or the like if they're not on campaign, so even though they're professional, they're not necessarily well trained. And Men-at-Arms in Bretonnia tend to actually serve in the same duties - they patrol their lord's lands and defend the borders. It's not as if they only raise troops whenever there's a call for war or an attack, they just take the best peasants once a year to serve in their forces. The only reason they're shittier is that they're treated shittier and not given much support by their lords.

Hey does anybody have a copy of the Warhammer Fantasy Art Book they could upload?

Brunner the Bounty Hunter goes into Tilea and the Border Princes.

Most Dogs of War units came from Tilea, so all the unit info usually talked about Tilean politics, geography, etc.

>But most of the Empire's armies are still militias.
Didn't realize full time professional soldiers were considered a militia

>I think that Empire have larger corps yield per farmed land that Bretonia due to technological superiority.

I want to say that Knights of the Grail says that despite this, Bretonnia's overall more hospitable land means a comparable or better output.

hi /tg are there any unofficial Sylvaneth warbands that I can use for my mordheim campaign? something like a dryad or treeman warband I suppose would do.

bumpin thread

Say my name

In realms of sorcery they say the Empire has the Jade wizards boosting up the productivity of their farms. Bretonnia has more agricultural land, but the empire has Magic assistance. They also have the moot, which is unreasonably fertile and feeds most of the empire

lorewise how do bretonnians have the courage to go up against artillery that the empire uses in large numbers?
I get the knights are impetuous and full of zeal but how does bernaud le peasant stand up against artillery?

also
>dat ass.

>cannon, wots dat

Would anyone be willing to take me, a total noob, into their WFRP online group?

>cannons maybe hitting you
>knights executing you for cowardice if you run

"I dunno George. On da one hand, you maybe get 'sploded. But on de other... Sir Guillame'll definitely kill ya."

>AAAAH, SAVE ME PEASANT
what did the knight of the realm mean by this?

also
>bretonnian ((chivalry))

It may be because of bad rolls, but the first time I ever played Brets on the tabletop about twentish Men-At-Arms ended up breaking and fleeing because of a couple of beastmen. There were literally only a few of them, because they'd been whittled down so.

Jacques le Grovelier is going to break and run from artillery the second a knight isn't looking over his shoulder.

Those are Yeomen, not knights of the realm.

>(())

You can try to hide it, but we can still hear them.

Fluff wise, obviously Bretons are religious zealots. Even the knights. The faith in the lady gives them much more courage than those of Imperial origins.

That being said, the real reason I'm here. Who in NJ wants to form an 8th Edition Novice/Beginner Warhammer group?

And, What's next on the horizon for Warhammer Total War? Call of the Beastmen was good... But I want full campaign for Brets and Wood Elves..

>Image
>Fluff wise, obviously Bretons are religious zealots. Even the knights. The faith in the lady gives them much more courage than those of Imperial origins.
Fluff wise the peasants don't fucking worship the lady you nob. They worship various minor deities or even Imperial gods, the Nobles don't give a damn so long as it ain't Chaos or the Lady.

Current forecast (subject to change) for this year is:
> Sept/Oct DLC - Wood Elves
> Sept/Oct FLC - Battle Wizard + Lore of Life (or Shadow)
> Oct/Nov DLC - Lords Pack (Greenskins vs Dwarfs)
> Oct/Nov FLC - Wurrzag
> Nov/Dec DLC - ???
> Nov/Dec FLC - Bretonnia
> Dec/Jan DLC - ???
> Dec/Jan FLC - Battle Wizard + Lore of Shadow (or Life)

You sir are such a gentleman.

>those are yeomen
>fancy barding
>white lance, not a spear
>plate armor

Its a knight, and its getting rekt by soldiers with actual elan

Bretcucks BTFO.

You know, I'm actually surprised Beastmen made it to the game before Skaven. GW seems to have a hard on for Skaven and portraying them in game. They'd make for one hell of a campaign story. You're cities would be underground, underneath Imperial cities, I think that'd make for some kick ass gameplay. Can you imagine the battle scenarios??

>empirecucks need twenty inner circle knights to take on one knight of the realm

Same way any medieval army did. They used to have artillery of their own as well, being completely a not-historicals army.

>forgot my image
'eavy metal really came a long way

White Dwarf was pretty much confirmed for while.

Confirmed what?

Grombrindal was leaked weeks ago.

when was it leaked?

Weeks ago.

They found his lines in game files.

Karak eight peaks campaign.

I wanna give encouragement to the guy who tried to host a fantasy tournament and everyone bailed on him. You keep trying, guy.

I always wanted to get into fantasy, but by the time I could GW killed the fucker. I have a whole bunch of unassembled ogres and a huge hardon for block formations.

If I wanted to play, would it be best to -

1) Find someone else with the most recent WFB book and play that way.

2) Play Kings of War 2e (seems streamlined).

3) Play 9th Age.

Help my fantasy boner Veeky Forums.

The peasants worship the Lady, they just can't pray to her before battle. But the whole of Bretonnia still worships the rest of the Old World pantheon (with the obvious exception of Sigmar), even with much less emphasis than their Imperial counterparts.

I honestly really like the look of that cannon. It looks crude and pleasantly medieval, and with a better paintjob it'd be a proper looking bombard - you could make it look really shitty or even paint some heraldry on the flat portions. Even the really ugly peasants look pleasing in their own weird way, even if they literally look uglier than current Men At Arms. Though I think the Baron's retinue and the L'Hommes du Renault look rather boring.

all those models are significantly nicer than their paintjobs suggest

3rd ed brets are solid as fuck. I have some of the knights and retainers, and am probably going to get a cannon eventually.

yeah, them two extra eyes really show the difference

pink fleshy thing is not separate head, it's INNER HALF of each head. it sorta one head was cleaved in two and now it's two-headed dragon Two-Face.

why does this zombie wear armour?

doesn't look like a vampire, really.

I'd recommend the first option just because it guarantees finding someone with an interest in the same universe, and someone to play with.

The others aren't bad, and may even work if the first one falls through, but there's no guarantee that someone who plays Kings of War will want to play with someone clinging to Warhammer, or anyone you meet will play 9th Age or even know a random internet ruleset. I imagine there are a lot of latecomers or old diehards who kept their books and would be up for a game or two.

It looks like for some reason they just decided to use only basecoats, and in some spots fairly thick too - which is odd, because most of those eagle head symbols look freehanded, so it's not as if they were bad painters. I'd honestly love a few of those models I said I didn't like, like the retinue knight with the mace on the very far right, but as they are in those pictures they look boring.

Still, what are you going to do with that cannon? The knights and retainers you could fluff in various ways to work with an existing army, but Brets don't have rules for cannons.

Why do those Orcs have reddish skin around wounded areas? I thought they bled green.

>Even the really ugly peasants look pleasing in their own weird way, even if they literally look uglier than current Men At Arms
well, that's how peasants are supposed to look. current MaA/Bowmen look too refined to be actual dirt-farming peasants.

>getting mad at discussions about your own fluff

>accepting blatant videogame posting

>26 images
>not a single miniature posted

>all these disgusting screenshots

What a disgraceful piece of shit thread. Mods should move you to

yeah, shame you are forced to stay in the thread... oh wait, you're not! you're free to leave! rejoyce!

Depends on artist, they probably change blood color due to mushroom diet.

But they look like they could actually possibly hold their own in battle, which I like.

>Oy vey, people are actually discussing warhammer fantasy media instead of my Endhammer fanwank

Cry moar you bitter shitter.

>That color combo
God damn, that looks amazing

>Still, what are you going to do with that cannon?
I just want a cannon. Don't need to do anything with it.

Hey /wfb/, ya know I love ya and share awesome Kickstarters I see.

How would you lot like some new Goblins that fit right into the GW ones?

kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/greenskin-wars

Alright, that's fair. I'm hoping to try having a mercenary cannon in a Bret army someday.

There's a few reasons given, both in universe and out. Something about high chlorophyll in the skin but also an extreme iron count. Artistic reason is green on green just doesn't look good. Blue or red on green looks better.

Looks like Vlad pretty soon after a resurrection and still juicy.

--

Are there any WFRP players online? I've been toying with converting the combat system to a single face-to-face opposed role. Has anything like this been done before?

Well... Get out.