Veeky Forums discussion thread

Hiro has asked the users of Veeky Forums to discuss the current state of moderation across the boards.

Should quests be allowed to return to Veeky Forums?

Should the mod who created /qst/ be terminated?

>Should quests be allowed to return to Veeky Forums?
Maybe, I'm indifferent. It seems like the /qst/ board has a lot more features to accommodate them, but it seems like they absolutely want to stay on Veeky Forums. Why is that?

Quests didn't particularly bother me but its more convenient that the have their own board

You guys permabanned Virt so I can't say I would have any grounds to complain either way

"muh traffic"

Yes and yes

Quests are a gaming activity, not a community.

>This thread has been pruned or deleted

>Why is that?

Because the questfags moaning on Veeky Forums are the ones who never gave a shit about questing in the first place. They just like having a method of shitting up the board which requires minimum effort to generate lots of replies. Trolling is actually moderately difficult because most Veeky Forums posters can spot trolling and know not to feed them. But a 'quest' can get a shitloads of replies from people who think they are actually contributing to the board.

Not saying that all questers are just baiting, but the ones who are actually interested in playing forum games have everything they need in /qst/. It's only people who want an audience who don't enjoy what they are doing who want quests to return to Veeky Forums.

I think it should be voluntary, or /qst/ shouldn't have IDs.

If quests leave /qst/ then they go back to all boards. There's too many of the damn things for one board to contain unless it's specifically designed for them.

I didn't have an opinion on removing them in the first place. /qst/ is built for them, though. It is a much better place if they can just get past the stigma of being a "containment board". And as someone tgat has countless folders and sub-filders to store their files, I think it is much more organized for quests to have their own place.

why not just let quests on both Veeky Forums and /qst/? lets people go to Veeky Forums for traffic, and use /qst/ if they want the fancy new shiny features?

I think this thread should stop getting deleted

Your game is up, mod. Whoever you are.

>It's only people who want an audience that will enjoy what they are doing who want quests to return to Veeky Forums.
Fixed that for you.

Quests aren't a community, they're an activity. Individuals chose whether or not they want ot participate based on the content and skill of the QM. There is no 'specific group of people into quests' at all.

>There is no 'specific group of people into quests' at all.
I disagree but I doubt either of us can prove our side of the argument

Because that defeats the purpose of them having their own containment board, and does little to remedy the issue of quest threads and quest related bickering shitting up Veeky Forums.

I think the problem here is that you are generalizing all quests as bad. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean other people should stop doing it.

>Should the mod who created /qst/ be terminated?

Yes and no.

But /qst/ should be kept as a thing. Any quest that is proving unpopular can be moved there by mods at their discretion. Anything that's going gangbusters can stay.

There's a lot of overlap between Veeky Forums and quest material. I mean shit, there are whole threads of just character images and we don't go bitching for them to be moved.

But the mod who has been deleting threads where we try to discuss how to make Veeky Forums better needs to be fired post-haste for being a shitcunt.

Quest related bickering tends to come more from the anti-quest side in my experience.

I honestly don't particularly care either way. I stopped following the two or three quests I participated in when /qst/ was made, and don't particularly miss them.

Perhaps quests should be allowed if they are Veeky Forums or original content, but not fanfiction. I for one prefer Veeky Forums's board culture than /qst/s.

>Trolling is actually moderately difficult because most Veeky Forums posters can spot trolling and know not to feed them.

I've seen 300+ replies arguing over whether WFRP is the right acronym or not. Nobody trolls easier than fa/tg/uys.

I support /qst/, and have both played in and run quests before and after its creation, and the main things that it does well are: unique IDs for posters, the formatting options available to QMs, the larger text box, and its bump/autosage rules.

I think that before quests were regulated, it was good, because everyone participating in a quest was on that board for the same reason, be it /a/ or /co/, their genuine interests spurred the creation of good content.

What I loathed with a passion was that Veeky Forums became the quest board. It attracted "questers" to the board, which I think is /at least/ partially responsible for the overall rise in NARPfag degenerates who shitpost about magical realms and their imaginary games D&D. Purging Veeky Forums of quests may, ideally, incentivize those "ideas guys" to get the fuck away.

Please, for fuck's sake, keep the quests on their containment board.

Veeky Forums has been way less of a shithole ever since they got banned.

No, I don't want quests back on Veeky Forums. They take up way too much space and threads. Having their own board is good.

Quests aside, I would like to see more toleration of traditional threads like Thulsa Doom, Spider vaginas and all the weird, semi-related stuff we used to have. Most of it is shitposting, but sometimes shitposting turns into brilliant diamonds.

So less censorship from the mods.

This. They should have let quests on Veeky Forums and /qst/. If people choose Veeky Forums, then /qst/ will eventually be abandoned. If people like /qst/, then eventually quests will slowly move over there. The best way to let the community decide is to give them the choice in the first place.

I kinda liked having quests on Veeky Forums. I came across most of the ones I ever read/took part in by accident.

>Should the mod who created /qst/ be terminated?
Could OP's questions be more loaded with bias?

I say keep quests separate. I don't do quests, and it drove me nuts scrolling past walls of quests to get to anything of actual interest.

Also, I just think it's different. This board is about discussion. /qst/ is about playing games.

I like /qst/ separated from Veeky Forums.

It's actually fairly easy to prove.

People who don't like some things and really like other things are all over Veeky Forums. You ever heard of edition wars? Weeaboos and kitsune posters and people who hate them?

Why would quests be any different at all given the huge disparity of genres they encompass?

>bias
I don't see it. There's definite salt in the second question. But the questions are hardly biased or loaded.

>Could OP's questions be more loaded with bias?
Yes?
>Should all those awesome quests be allowed back where they belong on Veeky Forums
>Should shitty nazimod get shitcanned?

OP actually asked the question in a fairly unbiased manner. Straight to the point and no inflammatory language.

This was the situation for pretty much all quests I've participated in. I just stumbled across them, and most of them were already well underway, with their own participating player base and community. Quests bring people together

There is no board culture on /qst/ that would require a homogenous group of people on the board.

Keep them on /qst/
They're all fanfic tier garbage.

>NARPfag degenerates who shitpost about magical realms and their imaginary games D&D
Those were things long before quests ever existed.

>get rid of 7% of the board!
>bring back smut!
You were the people who wanted smut gone, remember?

Why would you want /qst/ back on Veeky Forums? Isn't it more organized on /qst/? Why mix both together again when you can have your own thing?

>You were the people who wanted smut gone, remember?

WE MADE A MISTAKE.

Thread reminder that Questfags were so pretentiously overdramatic that they compared /qst/ to a nazi concentration camp.

>Veeky Forums is one person

>they were always here lololol
That kind of horrible shitposting has exploded since quests were restricted to Veeky Forums. It remains to be seen whether /qst/ will reduce it, but I am holding out some hope.

Thread reminder that user was so salty that he actually gave a shit that someone made a nazi comparison.

>this fucking idiot
user, no one but a small dedicated group of autists cares about /qst/. Fuck you, and fuck your stupid opinion. I'd much rather /pol/ be gone from this board, though mods have stepped it up significantly in that regard.

Their arguments:
>muh traffic
>muh board literally unplayable /s
>if no quests why generals hurr hurr

I only want quests gone because I can't get thread filtering to work, otherwise I'd just hide them and cease giving a fuck.

The fuck is a NARPfag?

>muh traffic
If people are not visiting /qst/ there, where is a board made for that, imagine on Veeky Forums. It would be probably even less people. I don't get this.

Fuck off with quests it filled the entire board with the shittiest ideas imaginable.

Who cares. Quests are the same cancer as generals, a "sub-reddit" mentality where a bunch of fags who want to rule their own turf keep threads on life support for reasons. It does not help discussion because shit gets mixed with ten other topics which no one goes anywhere.
However some generals are not that bad, they usually have a nice link to shit for dowloading so that is a good thing. But others like Tabletop Game General make no fucking sense. At all. The fucking board is for tabletop games you idiot, just open a bloody thread if you want to discuss about the game you just bought.

TLDR do whatever you want, the board is fatal wounded

Some quests should be allowed on Veeky Forums, but the rest of the unpopular should be exiled to /qst/.
Like the civ quests that are abandoned halfway through.

Considering that the people who compared it to a concentration camp were the people who forced the mods into getting /qst/ made first, year, that's a perfectly valid comparison.

They literally came to /qst/, said "we got this prison made for you do die in, aren't we great" and then complained when the mods didn't imprison quests in it immediately. And when the mods did force quests to /qst/ THEY DID IT AGAIN.

I would say that people relegated to /qst/ pretty much have a really good reason to be annoyed.

>But the mod who has been deleting threads where we try to discuss how to make Veeky Forums better needs to be fired post-haste for being a shitcunt.
Metathreads have always been deleted because they're against the rules. None of you complained about this when the status quo was agreeable to you.

>You is never plural
English much, moron?

People don't go out looking for quests, they join quests on a whim. More likely for new players to join and participate when they find it by chance when browsing Veeky Forums

It's the argument that holds the most water imo

Never Actually Role Played

If we can have 20 elf slave wat do and post barely sfw pictures of muh vaguely related fetish threads, we can have quests, which can generate actual content.

I don't go to /qst/. I join quests while scrollimg through Veeky Forums; amid the worldbuilding and homebrew threads I adore stumbling upon a quest that intrigues. It is not the nature of the "Quest" for which I go looking, but a well-written improv performance between QM and my fellow boardmembers. In other words my reasons for attending quests are the same as for the aforementioned Veeky Forums quests, rather than Because they are quests.

/qst/ has many fancy doodads yet it simply doesn't entice me.

I"m really fucking salty.

Not at quests, but at the fucking meat sacks who insist on talking about them. The last thread had 1200 posts of quests, and instead of creating a non-quest edition like you fucking should have you do the exact opposite.

No one cares, it's going to be the same 5 cyclical arguments and a bunch of proven shitposters spamming up the thread. Why? Why would you do that user?

This whole board should be deleted.

I think /qst/ is just a small part of the issue. The topic at hand is how the mods are behaving. Our mod made a new board and purged Veeky Forums without asking if it's what we wanted or not. And when we started discussing their behaviour, he started purging those threads too.

Fuck, so what anons are bitching about /qst/? Have you seen where you are? If you give people a rock, they'll start bitching that granite is better than marble. You fuckwits will bitch and whinge about anything, You are heartless machines that run on salt and your own furious sense of self-entitlement. I'm amazed you haven't already shat your pants and blamed someone else for it.

The real question, the only one that matters, is what do we think about the mod?

I was referring to the fact that you're conflating everyone who favored the creation of /qst/ with antismutfags.

No, it really hasn't.

Of course, you would NEVER consider that it would be the Board Fun Police using their new powers to annoy people into getting things banned to try and get more stuff banned. No one would POSSIBLY do that ever

JapMoot specifically said this is a thing we should discuss amongst ourselves

> People actually think board quality has increased since /qst/ was created

How do you draw the line between what should be allowed on Veeky Forums and what shouldn't, and do it consistently?

Better to just put them all on /qst/ and let people from Veeky Forums go find them. At this point, pretty much everyone knows about the board.

>People don't go out looking for quests
What the fuck? Of course some people do, there are people who probably only came to Veeky Forums for the quests, and are now only browsing /qst/.
>This whole board should be deleted.
?I''m really fucking salty.

Well at least you said it yourself.

Hiro asked for metathreads. Come on, user, at least let the issue be discussed considering the amount of asspain on both sides.

I don't have to scroll through quest threads to find the good things now. So, yeah.

>Individuals chose whether or not they want ot participate based on the content and skill of the QM.
And quest being on an other board change nothing about that, people who want to do quest can just go to /qst/

Some people. A minority, the deadness of /qst/ stands testament to that.

Anecdotal evidence has myself as an example. I only followed and picked up quests if I happened by them. Either on Veeky Forums or the other boards pre the first purge.

Considering the same people who came to /qst/ to boast about getting /qst/ made boasted about getting /wst/ and ERP threads banned, I'd say it's reasonable.

It was in the very first /qst/ discussion metathread, if you want to look through 2500 posts about it.

They've just been reppaced by threads made entirely of shitposting. The ampunt of good threads has not increased. How is that better? Just because they aren't there?

>made a new board and purged Veeky Forums without asking if it's what we wanted or not.
It was asked for in the Veeky Forums discussion threads with moottwo, the same ones that asked for Veeky Forums.

I'm not saying it wasn't the anti-quest spammers that asked for it, because yes, clearly they were leading the call for it, but there was enough people asking that it got proposed and a trial period was started

That trial period should have been a hint for the questers, because it apparently worked well enough - it may be that any use at all would be deemed "well enough", but that's beside the point - no-one can say they didn't have warning

I was there in that thread, all the way until it autosaged with the last post being "Last Post". It was just a group of circlejerkers parroting the same opinions and a blatantly false strawpoll to try and get quests back.

In my opinion, this nazimod is fucking awful. Extremely awful. He immediately deleted attempts at making new threads, and let the previous one autosage without sticking it. He went out of his way to encourage quest shitposting, and he probably made this thread specifically so the children on our board argue like children and totally devalue anything meaningful they have to say.

Fuck, I don't care about quests at all. It's stupid nonsense that's contained on its own board, and the only reason anyone cares is because the mods were originally too stupid to delete quest threads, and it devolved into a 6 year argument. People are far too invested to ever do anything about it, and this thread is going to get false-flagged to the bump limit with nonsense because some chucklefuck decided to make it Argue About Quests Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo, instead of actually talking about problems facing this board, like constant shitposting about genderfluid racism from containment board users.

Whatever I'm just pissing into an ocean of piss, with idiots who think the greatest joy in life is making people mad.

No, /qst/ should remain and all the quests on Veeky Forums should go there. Including GR15 ones.

Yes, I'm sure it was so horrible scrolling through10 threads out of 150, compared to the 20 generals and 15 warhammer threads you still have to scroll through.

And I only wish this were some kind of exaggeration or shitpost, but it's literally true.
Your logic is so amazing.

Shitpost always happened. Quests or no quests.

What is undeniable is that board quality dropped considerably when quests were forced here and off their home boards.

Veeky Forums already had/has a major problem with off topic shitposting and it only got (much) worse when non-Veeky Forums crossboard "questers" came over and began treating the place as their "wacky ideas blog".

>They've just been reppaced by threads made entirely of shitposting.
This shitty argument again.

If you think quests were the only worthwhile content on Veeky Forums, then why don't you piss off to /qst/ and celebrate your secession?

So you honestly think there have been a lrger amount of good threads since /qst/ was made?

The issue has been discussed, ad nauseum, despite the fact that the most recent change in policy, restricting quests to /qst/, only happened six days ago. How about we let things settle for a while and see how it goes? We can always come back to this shitfest later.

>Including GR15 ones
A fate worse than death

Hiro?
Where is moot?

Because then they would have to stew in their own shit rather than fling it in other people's faces

Quests are not bad per se, but they are detracting from the rest of the board's discussion.

Holy fucking shit.

I didn't said nor implied that, and I don't think that is the case, or the opposite.

I never said that you grognard. I said there's been more shitposting and trash threads. There's still good threads, but the quantity hasn't gotten any better.

And guess what? As someone who browses both Veeky Forums and /mlp/, I absolutely detest all the CYOA threads on the latter and the quest threads on the former.

So, yes, I want the containment board to be further contained from the rest of the containment board.

Over moderation has constantly killed this board over and over for the past 5 years. What happened to "not needing the other boards anymore"?

Your logic is fucking retarded

I wanted quests gone because even if they were only 7.7% of the board they had no place being here.

I don't mind scrolling past on topic threads I am not personally interested in, because people are allowed to discuss relevant topics on this board.

Your logic seems to be off topic, inappropriate threads are more deserving of a presence here than on topic threads that don't interest you. I see this board is now 7.7% better, and want to protect that.

Because the status quo has shifted against questers, so metathreads have suddenly been reclassified from "shitposting" to "careful deliberation of the quality and culture of the board".

>everything is Veeky Forums!
That attitude is the real cancer.

So what IS your opinion? That Veeky Forums is the same? Because that isn't true.

/qst/ should be about forum games (hunger game threads, risk, chess, civs, evo, etc)

Quest should go on the board they're most related to in subject.

Veeky Forums should get that stick out of its ass. This board has always been the best place for discussion and OC, we even have a reputation for turning shitposts into serious and complex exchange. Nowadays it's retards screaming about what is or isn't Veeky Forums.

All mods need to kill themselves. You run this site like retards, you incompetent fucks. MODS=FAGS will always be true.

>As someone who browses both Veeky Forums and /mlp/
Fuck off horsefucker. Brony containment is more important than questfag containment. Even if questfags are cancer, they're not the hyper evolved cancer that is /mlp/

Thanks bro

The 7.7% of this board taken up by off topic, inappropriate threads is now populated by on topic discussions.

Objectively the board is better.

Unless this thread is currently being lurked on by any admins or Hirtomoot isn't all of this just pointless whining?

Pro tip: if your quests aren't doing so well it might just be that it's shit, not that it's been put in a place where you can more easily find and participate then them.

The irony of people saying that shitposting/metaposting has gone up since /qst/ became official is that it's you retards constantly bitching about it or getting petty revenge.(this is Veeky Forums so before you say that last part isn't true, remember where you are)

I think it's most the same, I didn't noticed a change on shitpost, but with less interesting things to scroll through to me. I never found quest threads fun.

Not sure why I quoted that guy

Wow, you're a salty bitch, ain't you? Does your ass sting from being kicked off your home board and placed in containment.

Welcome to the club, faggot, I hope you brought lube.

I will in fact campaign on the IRC to have GR 15 on the /qst/.

/qst/ is a great idea and all the cancer from Veeky Forums, /mlp/, /a/, etc., will end up there. We'll finally be making Veeky Forums great again. :^)

Wanting to see off topic material excised is rational.

Accepting the existence of on topic material you are personally not interested in is a sign of integrity and maturity