Hi nerds

Hi nerds

I picked barbarian in Pathfinder because it seems cool. But I don't know the role or what should he do.
How do I play barbarian?

Cool picture. Read the official material.

Bye.

reroll to druid or cleric

or play a better game

Barbarians are the casters of the party, you'll want to stand at the back and cast your rages. Also, don't wear any armor due to Arcane Rage Failure.

Alternatively, you could google it and get a real answer instead.

This should be in Pathfinder general, but I'll give you some tips anyway. Mechanically you're a master of damage per round and tanking. Unfortunately, what I mean by tanking is that you have the most health of any class in the game, however Pathfinder doesn't really have mechanics that can make you 'draw aggro'. You could point to the 'come and get me!' rage power, but that's not available until level 12. Basically you have to focus entirely on dealing damage, and maybe take some rage powers or feats to help you stay alive longer, if not only to keep yourself from swapping out your character.

For starters, Primalist Bloodrager is just all round better, so take that if you can. If not, vanilla Bloodrager is probably better as you can still spend feats to gain rage powers, and the bloodline powers are very strong. If you're only able to take regular old barbarian, the invulnerable archetype is very strong and makes you, well, invulnerable. Essentially, it's:
Primalist Bloodrager > Invulnerable Barbarian > Vanilla Bloodrager > Vanilla Barbarian

As for feats, power attack is a must. Arcane strike and blooded arcane strike are pretty powerful, but get less powerful as you get higher in levels. Raging vitality is ok. Improved critical, critical focus and whatever 'status' critical feats you like are always strong, but especially so with the barbarian.

You should pretty much always play a 2 handed weapon build with the barbarian, ideally using a falchion or nodachi for their high crit ranges, which get doubled with improved critical. There are other strong builds, like a mounted build and a natural weapons build, but I'm pretty sure the 2 handed weapon build is strongest.

In terms of RP, you shouldn't need me to tell you what to do. The idea is to play a personality you want to play.

There's more info I could share, but I've already explained quite a lot and you really should just google this shit

Thank you man. Much appreciated

>cleric
Disgusting

You literally have the hit it with my axe class bro.

Forgot to say that you should look into rage cycling (which allows you to turn once per rage rage powers into once per turn rage powers).
Basically, you have 2 reasonable options; internal fortitude and a scarlet and green cabochon ioun stone, and a 1 level dip into Oracle with the lame curse.
These will stop you from being able to be fatigued, which means you can drop in and out of rage at will. Unfortunately, the first option is only viable at level 8 and the second is only viable at level 9.

>reroll to druid or cleric

I hate this, whenever you try to play a melee character in PF, everyone on Veeky Forums says this. In reality clerics and druids can buff themselves, but not to the level that makes them comparable to a half decent melee class like barbarian or paladin.
Due to cleric and druid having 3/4 BAB, really terrible MAD in a melee build, less health, and the fact that spells are useless when you're in melee range, they are far from ideal. If you want to out-damage the martials with a caster, you should play a master summoner (or a summoner build of another class, like the wizard or druid).

I kekled. Have a shekel.

>In reality clerics and druids can buff themselves, but not to the level that makes them comparable to a half decent melee class like barbarian or paladin.

Martial artist let's you get fatigue immunity for a 5dip too, and gives better bab

In reality, barbarian/bloodraget with come and get me is the single best damage dealer in the game outside Gunslinger and Synthesist.

However, Cleric and Druid are close enough that they don't struggle and are full casters on top of it. Druid also gets a fighter as a class feature and can summon additional shit on top of it. Cleric gets conductive weapons and absolutely broken domain features to use them with.

I wanted to create a wrestler, but since the DM just fed me ungrappleable enemies made of spikes and fire I bought a cub and a big sword. I use cub when I want to hit smooth and big sword when I want to hit hard. It has been useful so far

>druid
>MAD
#lolI'mABearNowWhatStrengthProblems?

Isn't that not a thing in Pathfinder? How do Pathfinder Druids get by?

There's a feat that lets you draw aggro. Call Out or something. Available from first level.

Pathfinder Druids get a bonus or penalty to strength and dexterity depending on what form they take. None of these are huge bonuses unless you're high level. They rival the barbarian's rage at best, and are practically useless at worst. The big issue is that in order to make a druid that's truly effective and can actually cast the buffs that supposedly make it so much better than a barbarian, you need high strength for hit/damage, reasonable dexterity for AC/initiative/ranged touch spells, good constitution for hit points (especially considering you have a D8 hit die instead of the barbarian's D12), and good wisdom for casting your spells (in order to cast a spell you need the associated casting stat to be at least 10 + the level of the spell).
The barbarian on the other hand, just needs good strength and constitution. He can wear good armour and has damage reduction so dexterity isn't as much of a concern.
A lot of people claim that the druid's animal companion makes up for this, but the mounted fury archetype does too, and with the right rage powers, benefits from the barabrians rage. From my experience, the animal companion actually isn't incredibly strong anyway. For the most part their attacks will miss, and they are only useful for giving yourself a flanking bonus against enemies.

A smart party will have a caster of some sort with a load of buffs that they use on the martials who are already as powerful as the caster would be if they cast their spells on themselves, thus propelling to a level of strength that the caster could never achieve.
Casters in Pathfinder are only useful for buffs, debuffs, healing, summoning, and out of combat utility. Trying to deal a bunch of damage with a caster is always a terrible idea (except for summoning).

>Pathfinder

Play a spell caster. They turn into Dragonball Z characters after 5th level.

Also play a better game.

Pathfinder is full of problems, but this meme can die now.

The meme will never die, because they'll always be people that hate Pathfinder.

Pffffhahahaha
I made a bet with my GM once, I told him I was able to make a better barb using a Cleric, and he used a Barb. I won, I had more Strenght, dealt more damage on melee and were more relisient.

You entered in a caster supremacy system, whatever your martial does casters do it better.

>Barbarian
Play a bloodrager, at least you're half a caster.

You're a savage warrior who uses primal rage to fuel his physical prowess.

Role is melee damage dealer.
I recommend you to be a Ragebred (Skinwalker) and pick Beast totem rage powers + animal fury, this way when you're raging and turned into wereboar you make 6 attacks: Gore+2xHooves+Bite+2xClaws before 6th level

you can taunt enemys by screaming at them they are weak assed faggots and should suck your dick
if your gm isnt a dickhead it will work more or less often

>If your GM isn't a faggot he'll come up with rules that already exist if you pick the feats/spells but I didn't yet I want to do it anyway
Antagonize
Enforcer
Etc

>roleplayinggame

>If I roleplay my character should be able to deal infinite damage and be immortal, fuck the manual and rules
Maybe you should play a freeform

maybe you should play a computergame if you want a taunt to be a special spell and not roleplay

>Waah! You can't insult people without speshul insult powars!

>Tells others to play mmorpgs, when he's the one who wants to "taunt"

You can, it's just ineffective as an "I attrack people to hit me", as default your insults (Intimidation) just do that, intimidate and leave the guy shaken for a couple of turns.

avoid titan mauler archetype like the plague unless your going for flavor, it is incredibly sub-par and it primary gimmick can be done with a Tiefling who has oversized limbs and on any class (Think rogue dueling Large Daggers or some shit)

Hit stuff with axe. If cannot hit stuff, find out how to change the situation so you can.

Very helpful comment, thanks user!

Step 1: Get Axe
Step 2: Get Naked
Step 3: Get Angry
Step 4: Hit Enemy
Step 5: When enemy dead, find new enemy.
Step 6: Repeat Steps 3-5 as needed.

this is tg, they'll hate it as long as it's popular.

What? Veeky Forums has never been like this.

Fucking Veeky Forums loves Warhammer for fucks sake did you come from /v/?

>Step 2: Get Naked
That's 5e. Pathfinder barbarians get clad in sweet capes, belts, and shades.