A tank built by hand by medieval blacksmiths

>A tank built by hand by medieval blacksmiths

This is my dream

People are building castles using old techniques from those eras. You could learn medieval blacksmithing techniques and figure out how to forge a modern tank using those methods.

You may have to allow for some contemporary technology, though, like the engine and various mechanical components, plus electricity. Also the primary weapon would be hard to figure out.

Actually, it might be damn well impossible to build a tank using medieval methods exclusively, even with the requisite knowledge.

You could have a rapid fire ballista, a Greek fire thrower or a breech loading cannon with medieval technology.

The engine would be a much bigger issue.

>Actually, it might be damn well impossible to build a tank using medieval methods exclusively

It is impossible.

Even basic steam engines required certain metallurgy, and even the most primitive tanks require precision engineering.

It'd have sucked anyway.

You might get a kick out of "The War Wagon", a John Wayne/Kirk Douglas movie. Available on Youtube.

I would start from the pic, exchange the horses for oxen (easier to replace), add some wood plating at the sides of said oxen, and have some upper swivel gun.

I wonder if an elephant would work well, they pulled some huge chariot temples in India

The front piece might be a greek fire thrower instead of cannon, the swivel gun might be replaced by a roman scorpion if you want pre-gunpowder.

Forgot pic

My initial thought is that it'd be too heavy even for modern gas turbine engines to move, then I realised that obviously you don't need as much armor, just enough plating to stop shot and shrapnel and then use mobility to avoid anything heavier being able to hit you.

However, the issue with a tank is that it's just an APC unless it has a main gun, so you need some sort of maingun, and then if you have more than one tank in existence and they all have big guns, then you need to up the armor and the original problem appears.

well Da Vinci was working before the invention of star forts - if he'd been a little later he'd have realised that you only need four guns mounted at the innermost points of four spiky protrusions - bonus points if this gives the tank the ability to ram into less substantial objects like cabbage carts or infantry formations.

>Dwarven forges begin spitting out Panzerkampfwagens

Something has happened to the timeline!

Cannons solve that problem, but they'd have to be forward-facing and built like the ones on ships, probably made to fire grapeshot at massed infantry.

You could try a turret, but it'd have to be placed up top, and if you can't build armor around it, its exposed.

They had tanks back then. Just not the kind we think of today.

Forward facing gun, and built by hand to boot!

WWI is basically medieval anyway.

>that AC2 segment where you use medieval tanks against other medieval tanks

I never knew how much I wanted this

>What is an elephant

Yeah, what with their use of muskets an all.

God damnit woolie

That should be 'Fucking Steam Tank!'.png