Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Slutty Elf on Elf Edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft setting, story, and lore, for a tabletop game.

>Previous thread:

>best elf

Being the best elf is like being king of the retards.

>thought to be given by Razuvious to his best acolytes, it is unclear how this band escaped Naxxaramas. Could the Lich King have sent his own agents to the Broken Isles?
what did death knight legendary bracers mean by this

I think purple slut would fare far better if she wasn't using imaginary arrow and string.

I think it's interesting how the Horde PC is one of the only people on the planet Sylvanas will legitimately confide in, since they've proven themselves to be incredibly capable and trustworthy to her. She says stuff to the PC she never says to anyone else. Granted, the PC is King Badass of Eat My Shit Mountain, so it's understandable that most of the leaders show at least some respect for them.

Best at losing all of her Wardens, sure.

She says stuff because we are murderhobos and murderhobos work very well with sylvanas work ethic

user that's a staff.

It is now, since the string is broken and hanging from both ends.

I don't think she knows that.

If sylvanas could masturbate she would be masturbating to the thought of having her own murderhobo army

They should put Metzen the Reindeer in a little retirement bungalow on the Booty Bay island or something since his namesake stepped down.

It'd be a cute little easter egg.

Or maybe put him somewhere on Draenor to gently rib his Orc obsession.

Someone deleted my Maiev post so

HERE IS BEST ELF AGAIN

Illi
Din
Du
Nuffin

Just finished Xer'a's questline about Illidan's life, and damn is that some cringeworthy bullshit. I mean, he was always somewhat emo and dark, like Azeroth's greatest mall goth, but this is too much

>The Stormrage kids are born!
>Look, that one has golden eyes, that means he's destined to greatness!
>His name is Illidan
>Guys, I thought golden eyes meant potential for druidism, isn't that somew-
>Shut up Hubert, this is why no one likes you

>WAAH WAAH WAAH WHY DO I HAVE TO BE TAUGHT BY FURION'S UGLY-ASS MUG, CENARIUS-SAMA? I AM THE CHILD OF DESTINY, I SHOULD BE TAUGHT BY THE TOUGHEST MOTHERFUCKER AROUND, NOT MY HIPPIE OF A BROTHER
>Because you are an immature brat and I don't have time nor patience to deal with your shit
>WAAH WAAH WAAH NOTICE ME TYRANDE-SEMPAI! LOOK HOW EDGY AND HARDASS I AM, YELLING AT A DEMIGOD
>Something about sacrifice because Blizzard memes, even though it barely makes any sense in the conversation's context

>Illidan is a druid that multiclassed into mage
>Decides to help in the defense of Black Rook Hold
>Can't into Innervate, can't into conserving mana
>Drains the life of his colleagues because he can't be bothered with resource management
>Says he made great sacrifices and lost everything to defeat the Legion

I was all set and ready for Legion to be the expansion where Sylvanas, Genn, Anduin, and possibly Baine all step into the spotlight and finally get the focus that they've been sorely lacking.

Instead, I got Illidan as Thrall Part 2: Purple Jesus. Fuck Metzen.

Yeah, it was bullshit. Oh, and you left out Xe'ra's

>HAS NYONE EVAH KNOWN SUCH HAWDSHIP????

Holy shit. The dude's Anakin Skywalker.

Dude, Metzen has almost nothing to do with it. He's retiring. Pretty much all he's done on the story for awhile is

>Yo Metzen, we wrote this script. Is it good enough?
>>Yeah sure, why not?

There's three things that could save this. One, if that Naaru is the Deceiver, two, if Illidan fucks everything up because he makes his own destiny everyone else be damned, or three, both.

We can't blame Metzen anymore. He's retiring.

This was the biggest disappointment in legion.

When Xer'a talked about finding the child of light destined to destroy the age of demons I legitimately thought it was going to be Anduin because... Well. They sort of built him up for that, and he was rumored to be the leader of the Army of the Light.

Then she said "Illidan" and I had to stare at my computer screen for a good minute.

Can't even blame Metzen for this one, he stepped out of WoW's writing team after Warlords. He did put out a lot of bullshit, but I'll still miss his coked-out, now-retired ass.

I'll blame Metzen as long as I can. Until he's totally out of Blizzard and they declare a new official scapegoat, any given problem is Metzen's fault.

The pose and grip though. That's a bow.

>Xe'ra arrives to bless Illidan
>Literally everyone tells her why she shouldn't
>Naaru completely ignore them and have the Army of Light restrain them
>Illidan begins to ascend in a pillar of light laughing and taunting everyone for not believing in him
>Maiev blinks in above him out of nowhere and one-shots him
>"NOT THIS TIME YOU TATTOOED BASTARD."

user, Metzen is literally just voicing Thrall now.

I'm pretty sure having golden eyes was always considered a mark of greatness among the night elves. It was particularly associated with druids, but more generally it was thought to mean you were more awesomer than average. Azhara also had golden eyes, and she wasn't a druid.

Illidan the the 3rd quest seems very similar to Arthas in Stratholme. Both have to perform a morally questinable but ultimately necessary action (Arthas has to purge the city before the infected populace turns into zombies and bolsters the Scourge's ranks, Illidan sacrifices his mages to nuke a giant demon about to wreck the last line of defence between the Legion and Suramar), and people are understandable pissed off at their decision. But rather than even trying to reason with them why the action was necessary (or telling them that can judge him later once the threat has been dealt with), they both have a massive sperg-out (Illidan in particular pretty much goes "Fuck you, you're all idiots, I'm not going to play with you anymore! I'll make my own club, and get rad tattoos and poke my eyes out like cool kids do!").

With the whole Xe'ra shilling Illidan angle, I have to wonder if Xe'ra is up to some shit. Or is just retarded.

Did the wind chime not watch the same cutscene I did? Because
>Few have ever felt such failure and rejection.
makes no god damn sense when Cenarius straight up said he's not rejecting Illidan, he just won't teach him directly until he learns to show respect.

Illidan just got butthurt at someone calling him on his bullshit and stormed off. That's not rejection, that's rage quitting when things don't go his way.

And I am really, really hoping that the intent is to show Xe'ra isn't infallible. And may be a Legion double agent trying to convince us not to kill Illidan, only for them to try to use his corpse as a shield.

Which won't work, because we already mercy killed Ysera, so you think we're going to stop at the emo elf?

And possibly some generic Orcs.

I was hoping he'd stay on for that kids' book with Greg Weisman. It just sounded like the exact right sort of thing to capture the sheer wonder of say, your first visit to Ashenvale or Teldrasil, the massive trees casting the world into a comforting shadow, the music suggesting mysterious and almost sacred things around every corner.

Why come we never see night elves going into withdraw? We know what happens to blood elves and nightborne, but what about garden variety night elves?

They were generally descended from the less heavily arcane and more slowly weaned themselves off of arcane magic with the World-tree while learning Druidism or relying on Elune to fully replace it.

They've weaned themselves off the magic addiction by banning the use of arcane and having the World Tree filter the power of the Well of Eternity into much less addictive druidic magic.

Moonwells might also act as mini fonts of power, giving them whatever magic they still need to function (they do seem very insistent on building those things anywhere they go, at least).

Reminder that elves in Warcraft are nothing more than hyper-evolved trolls

Would think the moon wells were wells filled with Elune's magical juices.

Where did trolls come from, did they just pop out of some wall fungus?
Most of the races devolved or evolved from something else.

>"The child of Light and Shadow"
>Anduin being badass? Sylvanas did nothing wrong?
>wait
>can it be?
>no, please no
>"and he's name is Illidan Stormrage"
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Trolls (and to a large extent Elves) are the native species of Azeroth, everyone else came from either off world or were created in a factory by Titan minions.

He's never had Light or Shadow, just bitchiness and fel Magic.

Even drogbar, goblins, Tauren, and murlocs?

This.

Please, if there is a god...

Yep. Eonar empowered the Emerald Dream and everywhere that was close to it sprung up with new life, it's where the Wild Gods and the Celestials (Technically Wild Gods) came from.

I came a little at that.

>drogbar
Unclear, but almost certainly created by Deathwing as slave labor.

>goblins
Officially created by Mimiron as an experiment.

>tauren and murlocs
Both created by Ancients.

There are very few races on Azeroth who are not imports from other planets or directly made by a demigod+ level power.

>Sylvanas
>Loa wanted her to lead
>first time she died, she went to the Light
>second time she died, she went to the Void
>val'kyr said she now understood life and death
Sylvanas is the chosen one. Xe'ra was just schlicking on her Illidan body pillow too much.

By this, I mean she is the Child of Light and Shadow

fug

Remember how Algalon thought wiping Azeroth was the only logical course of action? I'm putting this in the same category.

Destiny can get fucked, I'm going to murderhobo the fuck out of anything that threatens my planet.

>>goblins
>Officially created by Mimiron as an experiment.

Wait, what? Aren't they supposed to be monkeys that got mutated by Kajamite?

And who do you think did that, user? Mimiron.

Both are true. Mimiron was experimenting on Pygmies and Kajamite and accidentally an entire species.

They were Pygmys in Uldum that got expirenented on with kajamite. As far as I know that means Pygmys are natives like trolls and elves

>your time is up, my time is now!

Mimiron made goblins outta pygmies and kaja'mite, but the current goblins are a result of even more kaja'mite exposure due to being enslaved by trolls to mine it

I always imagined Maiev having a dyke hair cut.

It's hard to believe that on the countless planets that Algalon deleted, not one of them had a group of people who sought to solve the problem with enough violence to succeed.

Only Azeroth has a native population comprised almost entirely of Murderhobos with obscenely powerful weapons and a desire to straight up jack a bitch for his fancy boots.

Are you still a murder"hobo" when you have a guild, a garrison and a class hall?

I'm a little confused on how the Curse of Flesh works, particularly on the valkyr.

As I understand it, the titan machines kept making fleshy ones when they asked for the usual metal, and somewhere in between dealing with that, and making humans, they figured out how breeding works.

Presumably titan constructs don't do that. Because they're rocks.

garrisons don't have beds unless you build an inn or barracks, and even if you do you still can't use one

that's pretty hobo-y

>garrisons don't have beds unless you build an inn or barracks, and even if you do you still can't use one
there's beds in the town hall from the second stage on

not in the Horde garrison

Alliance confirmed for inferior at murderhoboing

There is? Where?

I can only speak for alliance but go straight in past where the daily quest giver is and go right. That should take you to a room with a bed and a place to display whatever you discover from archeology

>mfw played SC2
>mfw saw all of this happen with Kerrigan
>mfw get to watch WoW players melt down over Kerrigan 2.0

Can't even be smug.

You are murderhobo prime because you don't use em because there is murderhobo stuff to do.

>Can live the life of luxury
>Instead, make it your life's quest to collect the boots of everyone who looks at you funny
>Especially creatures without the ability to wear boots

Originally curse of flesh would devolve any titanic race into flesh but that got retconned into only newly produced titanic beings created by the corrupted forge would have the curse so every titanic being prior to that would still be whatever they were created as.

The retcon made no sense considering races that were created before the curse also are cursed (troggs)

So, it's not even ORIGINAL shitty writing? Damn.

Go through any scene in Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty involving Zeratul. In particular, look for the mission intro for "Whispers of Doom".

They made one on Draenor using a chunk of Draenors moon.

there must always be an Elune

>tfw you will never be a grumpy paladin forced to party up with a warlock, a death knight, a demon hunter and a shadow priest to save the world

>warlock talks to their demons
>death knight talks to their zombies
>shadow priest talks to things you can't see
>demon hunter commentates everything he does

>paladin accidently shouts "begone demon" when healing the demon hunter tank

The comic Son of the Wolf LITERALLY shows Anduin leading the army of Light on a push against Argus.

So where Illidan is, I have no idea.

>paladin accidentally exorcises demon hunter in the middle of a fight
>he's suddenly just a blind crazy guy with wildly impractical swords

Pygmés make more sense as an early gnome version since they pretty much fit into the same trogg and dwarf mold. (One is the first failed creation that was spared being scrapped meanwhile the latter one is the successful version that they ended up using)

>warlock puts spare demon in hunter as replacement
>'what could possibly go wrong?'

My theory is that Illidindu is gonna sacrifice himself against the big bad meanwhile son of the wolf comic is them fighting against the last of the burning legion which is making a last stand on Argus.

KJ is gonna survive legion but big Sargy isn't

No
>Shadow priest starts speaking in tongues and puts his hand on the demon hunters head
>Demon hunter reignites but his eyes glow black/purple and he also now speaks in tongues

>Oh shit, you guys aren't compatible with Void?

>DK waits until all the edgy and tryhards are nearly dead, crackss his knuckles and brutally kills the boss singlehandedly.
>opens gate to acherus and goes away.
>DH claims credit.

Now that is some fanwank.

Holy fuck, you can actually make a party out of that
>Holy paladin
>DK or DH tanking while the other goes damage
>Warlock and Spriest do damage

Are you by any chance the guy that wants Arthas ressed and given his redemption because you have the gays for Arthas

A hypothetical, if you all will.

Retcon Cataclysm. Deathwing is still around when the Legion decides to invade. What happens?

You know the hair coming out of the top of her helm is hers, right?

That is just a dude's fanart.

Legit Legion spoilers ahead: So do druids have literally anyone left besides Malf? And I'm not talking about some random quest NPC Blizz decided to bring back like Naralex or Broll, I mean lore figures who were involved in major events before they were giving quests.

Runetoteml count?

Zen'kiki will lead the Cenarion Circle into the future

No, when has he ever done anything important? And I don't mean "helped on a quest" I mean did some real shit.

He helped out with Ragnaros

>H-he stood in the background while others did a thing, honest!
Tauraboo go home, ya boi ain't shit

>helped out
>got burned near to death

No, Arthas' story had the perfect ending, and will forever remain untainted by terrible blizzard policies of fanwank.
buttblasted DH detected.
>What have (You) sacrificed?

No, that was me. I swear on my word as Anonymous.

>Not having gays for Arthas

Stop being salty and work on your form Uther

I'm pissed that he's retiring

What a fucking sellout

I don't think that's a bed, I think that's a big display platform but dunno, I'll check it out again.

No Arthas story didn't have the perfect ending because he wasn't consumed by LK Ner'zhul when they merged.