Infinity the Game General: Where is Red Veil FFS Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where the new two-player box set does not invalidate the previous one, so just pick the one you like.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>Faction colour scheme creator here:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61395031/Infinity/index.html

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ebNYujMoLws
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My Red Veil box finally shipped from Wayland today. Took 'em long enough.

I didn't know the terrain was different from the previous sets. That's pretty interesting.

Half of Red Veil is sitting at my place, the other half is with the friend I split it with. We'd both played before but it was a nice reintroduction to the rules for N3, plus the terrain is pretty good. Most of the stuff we use is papercraft printed on card anyway, so it's on the same level as the rest.

Yeah! Mine from miniature market changed its status to shipped on Tuesday. I can't wait for the next five business days.

Who do you think should be the Lt from the Haqqislam side of that starter?

Please stop posting Red Veil, it's torture for someone who was ready to order it then decided they needed to sell their YJ but hasn't yet done so.
:(

I need to sell my Eldar. Thanks for reminding me.

By the way, anyone want to buy the Haqqislam side of Red Veil, even if I include the rare Battlefoam Yuan Yuan model with it?

It's here guys, my preordered copy of Red Veil just landed at my LGS! With the Dragon Emperor's benevolence tomorrow I shall finally pick it up!

Zhayedan and the Khawarij are both immune to LoL, so I'd probably put it on one of the Ghulams.

>Implying that there are people who play tabletop wargames that haven't been inundated by 40k

Low effort stuff, user. We already have Catholic Space Nazis, anyway.

I might know someone who's interested. Where do you live?

>the textures on those fucking buildings
Never gonna buy, not even once.
Op:icestorm4lyfe

Maybe I would if your soldiers would stop taking one hand off their gun and looking in the other direction. Seriously, is that supposed to be attracive?

La Florida

New to Hassassin, Which fireteam is for pressing forward and holding the midfield or armoury

CwBgTAPgzCIRAOApFArMJYEE4BsSBCDNEJARjFykONVItzKQAFb7LqiU7yxVsa3drjCCSmBAlRieDJs2ZA==

Personally, I like the smaller team heading forward if it's designed to be aggressive. In the case of the Asawira, I like the HRL and FO or Doc and Minelayer.

As for a main team, why not Govads? They seem better suited for Core.

Probably the second if I had to choose. They're both good at taking, but not ideal for holding. Get more rocket launchers in there.

I'd switch it up, though. Both of them fulfill pretty much the same role, and while redundancy is nice dedicating two thirds of your points to short range attack links isn't that great a plan. Govads might be a good alternative for either haris or core, they give some anti-camo and work at long range.

I got mine today. Its an awesome set.

Sup dudes,

Just finished my Anaconda and pilot. Thoughts? Photos taken with a Lumia 930 shaped potato.

Im taking this list to an ITS tomorrow, wish me luck gents, im going cra cra

2/2

I'd probably try to find a way to fit a Bandit KHD over that doctor. The TAGs are the main event so you need to protect them from hackers.

Love it. Those rumps!

This thread needs more paints.

Okay, time to liven up this thread with some quotes from the books.

>> "You people don't appreciate me at all! To you I'm just this 'cool mercenary' guy with a cute little butt and two sweet-ass katanas. Well, I can cook too, you know!
>> Senor Massacre, Hangar of the assault ship Unexpected Guest. Ariadnan Commercial Conflicts

p3 bone and devlan mud, my friend.

Also, sweet shading on the armor!

>> "Hey, sir? I have news. Great news, I mean. Those men you mentioned? You won't have to worry about them ever again. There's a catch, though...Remember when you said you wanted to interrogate them? Well, that's going to be problematic...'cause they're kinda...dead. But I assure you it wasn't my fault! No, not my fault at all. Well, not entirely. See, I did my part: I shot them and stabbed them a bit. But then, they just up and died. They oughta have maybe met me halfway and tried to survive a little."

>>Senor Massacre. Termination of his working relationship with Alexie Investment Services.

>> MIRANDA: Skorpio! Why are there two ruddy Celestial Guard patrols on our heels?"
>> SKORPIO: "Wasn't me, I swear! I've done nothing this week."
>> MIRANDA: "This week? It's Monday morning, you twit!"
>> SKORPIO: "Well, last night I may have tried to make on this girl who turned out to be the commissioner's daughter. But I'm pretty sure, she's legal!"

>>Miranda Ashcroft and Max Skorpio. Downtown Battha Racha, Nakonthai province, Shentang.

I'm another user working on a three TAG list.

Does this look pretty good? I have 1 flex point to make the double combi gecko into a mk12.

*forgot to add the photo*

Looks good

youtube.com/watch?v=ebNYujMoLws

Hm, I recognize everything but the big-tittied green haired one. What model is this?

Looks like something from another line, considering the pretty obvious P90 it's carrying

Probably. I don't recall an Infinity mini with tits that big.

Here's want I've painted after the maghariba guard. Recently got RV and had Saladin for a while.

That's pretty good! That all brushwork?

As an aside, anyone have any experience with airbrushes? Been thinking of picking one up.

Kinda looks like hasslefree's stuff. They are pretty popular with the Infinity crowd.

Thanks! It's basecoated with an airbrush. I don't have a needle small enough to highlight infantry.

noice!

Also slightly modified my Al Fasid's HMG down. Mostly for storage, but I think it looks better.

Will be painting him to have more Green, because the Azrails have Red.

I was thinking of only running one of those teams, as i want to learn how the army works. What do you this if this list as a direct operations army for armoury and frontline?
CwBgTAPgzCIRAOApFArMJYEE4BsSBCDNEJARjFzMONVItykKamG3LHULNRSo+wYCZdlFy8K2dsIDsfJpPwFeaag2krUaysgACo1BKy8CYFMGQVgSs60thrhWxY6Ph1NHIo5uH1F6xpMj8An11dIA

Thanks!

I do love that model, regardless of how silly it seems to me. "I have this huge machine gun right here... Nah, gonna shoot you with my badass revolver."

Those big guns are heavy. If you're getting flanked by a motherfucker it's easier to just take out your pistol.

>captcha literally has a ß in it
It's been getting worse lately but this is a whole other level. This is almost as bad as Captcha 2.0

Basically thisAlso I'm a big fan of the models with side arm whipped out. I can't wait for the Govad HMG

That looks fucking awesome

As a Hassassin player, I really need to pick up a set of Govads. It feels like the Sectorial finally got a decent set of line troops who aren't too expensive. I love my Muyib, but damn they're pricy due to being loaded down with copious explosives. Which is, y'know, fucking awesome, but isn't always necessary.

CB definetly huge Marvel fans

Hey nice paint job there, could I see your crane rank? I have to paint him soon, and I was kinda afraid because his is a little different

Thanks!

Sure, I'll take some photos now, with the disclaimer that it's late, my unit has horrid lighting, my camera is average and he has a weird pose that does not have many good angles.

Here you go.

Is Ariadna OP?

I don't think so

Unless your in Poland

No. That being said if both of your squads you have on hand are bad against Ariadna, they will look OP.

Little bit, but plenty beatable.

If their large order pools bother you attend some of the limited insertion events

Not if you're even halfway competent at playing the game.

No. If you go full poland with them they can give you a bit of an advantage and let you crush the unprepared, but they're not inherently OP.

Nope. Annoying but not op

How does someone Yasbir?

>Sat
What the fuck has Poland to do with anything ?

It's common for the Polish and other Eastern Europe metas to run 20+ order lists and commonly they play Ariadna since they do it the easiest.

But is realy running so many models this strong of a choice ?

What is that?

Depends on the setting.

More specifically, on scenarios. ITS started introducing no-infiltration zones because it was way too easy to post a cheap camo FO right next to each console, take the first turn, move-click with little risk because it's a normal roll and even if you get shot they're cheap. Now the enemy had to take the consoles back, even if they had absolute perfect list and deployment.

Also, crits are the great equalizer that promotes chaff and penalizes TAGs/HI few people run anyway.

I figure it's more of an emergency weapon for when you're reloading your HMG, or maybe as an alternative in space-limited environs. God knows weight isn't that big a deal with that sort of power armour.

It's good. Kinda Space Marineish, in a way.

It has advantages, particularly with Ariadna's easy to access Camo troops. It effectively means that the enemy is hypothetically always on the wrong side of the action economy, even if your own attackers are relatively weak. Although the commonality and prevalence of it is more of a meme than anything else. It's certainly a viable list paradigm.

my new 150 points list. worth a game ?

Dude that thing is crazy, how did you highlight the armor, when I outline armor with white it looks like ass

Are there any third party sources you'd recommend for nice quality tokens? The cardboard ones do the job, but they do feel a little tacky.

10 basic rifle grunts can still go suppressive and be irriating while they have tons of orders left over to rambo around with black jacks and inferior infiltrating heavy flamers.

Same bs and damage as any other line troop but with 3 armour.

Your camera might suck, but at least build a cheap light box.

Don't take cats. You want models that start on the table.

I really want to try SM's cooking now.

Yup.

If you are American go Badger, if Euro, go Hader. Makes getting parts way easier, and the quality to price ratio is similar.

The top armies at interplanetary this year were all 12-15 models, so I would say no.

Use grey instead, looks way better than pure white.

I am.

It's not that there's just a lot of cheap models, it's that Ariadna also has a lot of infiltrators with minelayer, ambush camo etc. and heavy or light flamethrowers. So there's a lot of speedbumps along your way, you're wasting orders on discovering or dropping sniffers and running around corners is a template-to-the-face risk.

Not playing ariadna, but don't they get brutaly butchered if they do not try to spam camo etc? Or is there some way to play them like normal factions like HQ or YuYing?

Not at all. Other than the lack of TAGs, hacking, drones, and other similarly high tech stuff, they've got a fantastic array of capabilities. Just the right mix of cunning and brutal. Just enough sneaky crap to facilitate the aggression, and just enough brutality to cut through what you can't work around.

You can play a perfectly ordinary 10 figure list without any issues.

Anyone got any ideas on what I could use to convert into a Proxy Mk5 with 2 SMGs?

The Scots Guard with SMGs would work pretty well. Maybe cut down the head section and use an Aleph head. Machaon wouldn't be a bad base for it, either, if you can find the SMGs from somewhere, his pose is easy to adapt.

If you're really in a hurry, the Covert Action Uxia would be pretty easy to paint in Aleph colours.

The trick against 20 order lists is to kill a decent number in ARO.

How could I run a 10 order Ariadna list at the 300 point level WITHOUT spamming Blackjacks?

2 chasseur, 2 vet kazaks, unknown rangers etc

of course, implementing more than 8 camo is better than less.

8 camo isn't a spam for ariadna.

It was extremely painful. I'm not that good, so I often thinned the highlights from the inside of the panel with the base colour. Its hard for me to judge exactly where the brush will contact the mini, if I start from the black and work out out to make the edge thin it is safe.

This too, I often didn't clean my brush with water in between the plate and highlight

So I want to pick up some remotes for my Corregidor army but I'm not sure what to grab. Is it better to pick up the Lunokhod or the Tysklons first? Both seem cool but I'm not sure which is more useful.

A Lunokhod without the Koalas looks almost exactly like a Tsyklon.

Lunk is awesome.

I'd let her pilot my dick, if you know what I mean.

????

No clue.

Play tohaa constantly get waah Tohaa are OP

Had some of that at my flgs. Mostly because people got used to 1 hit kills with fire and now think it's too much work to play against tohaa like everyone else.

Is it actually the same model just different guns? We're not supposed to use proxies if the actual model is available

I can't wait for these Pilots

That and their triads were much easier to break since fireteams used to auto-break at under 3 members. Also Viral everywhere and Symbiomon are ridiculously useful.

They're not exactly the same, but they are pretty similar.
>We're not supposed to use proxies if the actual model is available
Is that your local scene requirement? Last time I proxied a Tsyklon with a Bulleteer, because my Lunokhod is not done yet and no one minded. But I played with friends.

No one in my meta would care.

Good quality acrylics etc? I've looked at some stores but they all seem crazy expensive compared to what other games have available.