Mtg Spoilers for Kaladesh, 3

The spoilers for Kaladesh are complete.

Out of eleven vehicles, which are constructed playable?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpman16/mono-blue-prison-with-martin-muller-2016-05-28
mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=618&f=ST&meta=128
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm hoping they make more vehicles with higher crews so i can do shit in commander.

Definitely want to use the pain train, though.

Moderncucks on suicide watch

To the person complaining about the powerlevel: KLD is above BFZ and SOI but bellow OGW and EMN. This is a normal thing since the small sets stay in Standard for a shorter time and thus development takes bigger risks there.

Train 1 and Train 2

gonna re-ask

you guys think i can get nice white/artifact deck out of 1 booster box?
Last time i bought boosters was during Tarkir i think... Is it worth it now?

Skysovereign = smugler > fleetwheel = cultivator's > everything else

Stop posting lewds. See

>Stop posting lewds
i know Veeky Forums is 400% virgin but i think people can handle some basic panties my good user

No, never buy a box unless you indend to sell them off on release day before the prices tank, buy singles preferably after an event where every card not played tanks in price and 1 or 2 rise before tanking

Regardless if people can handle it or not someone will report it for the lulz and you get a 3 day holiday, blue boards are sfw

hmmm, thanks user.
i am just worried though because i can see many fun artifact/white cards incoming and i am worried they will be overpriced.

>implying I didn't report it already based off his condescending comment
What a nigger lamo

These are actually flavorful as fuck. Kaladesh is legitimately making Magic great again.

>someone will report it for the lulz and you get a 3 day holiday, blue boards are sfw
are you literally retarded

he shouldn't be posting furshit in the first place, but he's not going to get banned for posting panties.

And these are all of the cards that directly feature energy counters.

Temur cares the most about energy, with white and black having a few token cards.
UG and UR seem to care about storing a massive stockpile of energy for spectacular effects while RG is more of a toolbox that uses energy as it gets it for whatever it needs at the time.

Which cards are likely to make it into constructed?
Are we likely to see dedicated energy effects make it into the meta?
Will we just the goodstuff self-sufficient cards be used on their own?
Will energy be a dead-on-arrival mechanic that will see no use in competitive?

Really it comes down to personal preference, can you afford a box? Do you enjoy playing the crack a pack lottery? Do you love the smell of freshlu opened cardboard? Do you love the excitemwnt of seeing that flash of foil followed by a mythic symbol? If you answer yes to these buy a box

If you just want to play magic then get singles

Personally i dont even play standard but ill buy a single box on release day just because i enjoy opening packs

I'm a teensy bit upset that blue is the one with "free" and the best combat energy.

I guess if I play gruul or simic depends on what I open.

I feel bad when I play blue though. I've only ever done it once.

I dont give a shit what people post but the amout of autism especially in this board people will report for the stupidest things lewds are GR5 violayion and furry is GR3 if posted outside b, maybe the mkds will do something maybe they wont, i dont care either way but its guaranteed someone will do it because they can

Anyhoo back to the thread topic
Have people been brewing with the UR walker? Seemed there was some hype a while back but it looks like RW or UG are the arfitact matters colors

>tfw most of the cards feel like shit for constructed

It's bfz 2.0 I tell you lads.

Oh right aren't the Veeky Forums mods supposed to be hyper autists.

Usually reporting "nsfw" is only if it shows a dick or a boob

Buy a booster box, pull a masterpiece, sell it and pay for the box. It's like they're giving away $100 in each booster box!

My gremlin, just stick her in UR thermo visions to have a second 3 mana clock.

Masterpieces are in 1 in 4 boxes.

Giving away $100 (1 in 144 approx chance and even then its maybe a 5 in 30 of being a money card worth more than $20 in a month)
Just keep buying boxes till you get all 30
-Wizards PR

Blue has two cards that provide energy without using it (Aether Meltdown and Glimmer of Genius), one card that generates energy (Aethersquall Ancient) and one card that generates energy if you invest in it (Era of Innovation).
Green has two cards that provide energy without spending it (Attune with Aether and Sage of Shaila's Claim) and two cards capable of generating energy (Longtusk Cub and Architect of Untamed).

Those two are balanced when it comes to generate energy over time. Red's the one that gets shafted when it comes to generating energy but that's because it's able to turn energy into removal.

Too true, the make a copy of target creature is nice

Glimmer of Genious will see play, but the energy on it is almost flavour text. If you pay Confiscation Coup the 2 extra might come in handy to steal Ishkanas and gearhulks.

Smuggler's Copter, Cultivator's Caravan and Skysovereign.

Possibly Fleetwheel Cruiser as well but that's probably it.

Doubles the DPS from a thermo if you want to storm off. Cloning a flipped Thing in the ice is also pretty good.

Still not enough vehicles for Crew.edh.

Maybe next set, but I doubt it. Whatever, I'll be running the legendary one in Reki.

I think cult is too weak, but I don't know what ramp will remain in standard once Dragons + origins rotates out.
We might have to use it as a ramp card if there is nothing better.

No way, dude. The sets would need almost exclusively vehicles for a okay EDH deck to be makeable.

Your standards for "okay" are probably a lot lower than mine. But yeah.

I did find this little fun synergy for dwarf/vehicle.dec. This bitch can crew fucktons.

>see this art well before its card was spoiled
>instantly recognize the Diabolic Tutor reference
>Be looking forward to a new BR tutor this whole spoiler season
>It's just a Diabolic Tutor reprint
q_q

This is by far the worst art in all of KLD. Chandra's face looks absolutely crooked here.

I'm just happy the art was made, we now have canonical laughing girls.jpeg

it being a new diabolic tutor is pretty nice

I do kind of wish that it was a different spell, diabolic already has some great art.

Vehicles aren't KLD only.

We (probably) won't see them in AMonkhet but I'm hoping we see them soon.

>-Liliana Vess, to Chandra Nalaar
Couldn't they have stopped at "Liliana Vess"?

Renegade Freighter can be a t3 5/4 trample with Speedway Fanatic, and isn't really a bad card otherwise. Sure, it ain't spectacular, but I think it could see play in standard. Probably in a memetastic vehicle deck which will not win many games outside of local scenes, but still.

Smuggler's Copter > Skysovereign/Fleetwheel/Cultivator's > Renegade Freighter/Bazaar Barge

imo, obviously. Maybe sky skiff in some servo/thopter deck, but even then meh.

>No red or green one drops that interact with energy
Damnit wizards. On an unrelated note, Spontaneous artist is pasted twice there. Curious to see if R/G energy aggro will be any good, the only good one drop I can think of off the top of my head is that 2/1 vampire, just for the two power.

If only it was the devil(hot)dog art

the hat robot has haste and can refill your hand.
And if you're going to use enough artifacts, there is the kird ape.

But I agree. R/G energy stompy, or if the mana is good enough, Jund Zoo with minimal energy is most likely.

Reckless Fireweaver has some synergy with Bygone Bishop, right?

And the clues can help somewhat fix the draw issues RW usually has, correct?

The 2 drops look good, they give evasion to creatures that may become irrelevant.

I think a crooked smile means "contempt". Although that might only be one side of the mouth smiling.

Lilly's face looks great though.

Is the "Vess" even necessary?

I cut the Market Lookout and the Animation Module for Scraphead Scroungers, but now I think I'm havin to few 1-drops.

4x Harsh Scrutiny

3x Subtle Strike
3x Rush of Vitality
4x Scraphead Scrounger
4x Syndicate Trafficker
4x Fretwork Colony

3x Weaponcraft Enthusiast
3x essence extraction
4x Murder
2x Succumb to Temptation

3x Aetherborn marauder

23x Swamp

Any Ideas on how to improve this?

I'm to poor for Collective Brutality and Liliana, or something similar...

Holy fucking shit, legit card draw for red and qt art too

Not sure there are enough artifacts you want to be playing in R/G for new kird ape. Electrostatic pummeler is cute, you can kill them t4 with just it, harnessed lightning (just elect not to spend any of the energy), and the 1G spell that gives +4/+4 and trample.

Forgot about the little haste robo, even if you draw it later on you can cycle it for two mana (doesn't even have to connect). Seems less than stellar past the first few turns though, although you could crew things like smugglers copter.

Fuckin Jace-tice league.

No it's not. It's rummage x 3. Discard 2 cards + cast the reunion. It's just a big tormenting voice.

Crazy good for dredge tho

Oh man I can't wait to counter this

Becomes legit card advantage if you cast with goggles though, which is rotating out of standard.

Nah, should have been
>Planeswalker Liliana Vess, to friend and fellow Gatewatch member, Planeswalker Chandra Nalaar

Cultivator's Caravan will be fine for greedy control decks that want fixing and a beater. There's power in things that can be "animated" cheaply.

My question is, what the fuck is ajani doing there, everyone thought that was an arena on that new egyptian world with bolas.

2 Mana for other all 1. (Meh)
Discard first, (No)
Sorcery speed. (No)

Jesus. Come on man... No where close.

>yfw crew is terrible in constructed

Besides that the set looks awful as fuck and will just enforce WU prison as the top deck of standard

This is why people hate blue mages.
Make sure to read some condescending flavor text while your at it!

>Ajani on Kaladesh
>Jace shows up
>Plane full of artifact vehicles
>A whole bunch of different planeswalkers ala Jacetice league
>They all escape Kaladesh on a vehicle and become an impromptu crew

WE WEATHERLIGHT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO NOW

scrapyard scrounger is good in an aggresive deck even without access to black, and the energy deck will want to run energy land so could get the light black to activate it even if it's the only source. But those two aren't enough, so you're probably right.

electrastatic pummler is more cute than good.

Fuck. And I thought it was random when merely Ajani showed up.

This new way of story telling, and the way it's going is shit. And it's even dragging the game-game part of it along.

>will just enforce WU prison as the top deck of standard

?????

>And it's even dragging the game-game part of it along

How? It's not like the effect on the card could only have been printed in the set if the Jacetice league existed.

Coco is rotating out, dumbshit.

>untap all nonland permanents you control
>1U

>[cryptolithing intensifies]

and therefor WU prison will clearly be the top deck?
where is this leap coming from.

Shit, this combos with Isochron Scepter for wicked mad EDH jank

>untap all nonland permanents
>in blue
>1U
>at common
Are you serious? Memnarch found a new friend. That's unbelievably busted.

>ajani leaves theros devastated by the loss of elspeth
>doesnt feel comfortable in his own body and as a tribute to elspeth begins transitioning
>asks the gatewatch to refer to him as they/them/xhe/xe
>gets a nose piercing and dyes xhes hair pink
>borrows books from tamiyo on female plansewalker studies
>changes name to Tumblrjani
>shows up just in time to remind liliana of her white privilege and to free the clearly oppressed brown minority chandra from her grasp
>posts on reddit how the gatewatch is mysoginist for having 2 lead males and only eye candy females
>bolas shuts down the gatewatch and orders the members to 2 weeks sensitivity training
>the
>ride
>never
>ends

You mean like most of the parts of UW Prison?

>Cat Monkey

We are talking about wizards here. Of course they can't.

I didn't believe it but wow its true, Veeky Forums is bad at magic

>WE WEATHERLIGHT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO NOW
I would actually forgive WotC for all their recent fuckery if that were the case.

>boohoo control got some pretty okay cards this set

Can we go a single thread without you niggers bitching about control being the best ever/completely dead?

okay, provide an actual argument. With evidence.
Maybe a decklist we should be on the look out for.
Argument for why it will survive better than G/B delirium, temur emerge.
etc.

So what do you think the limited archetypes are?

WU: fliers
UB: artifact control
BR: artifact aggro
RG: energy aggro
GW: go wide

WB: control
UR: energy control
BG: +1/+1 counters
RW: vehicles
GU: energy control

Seriously, am I the only one who sees this?

>if I just say they're bad then I don't actually have to respond to their posts and I can pretend my argument still holds water

Die in a fiery train derailment

>provide an argument to why it will/already does crush shitty decks

Fuck off nigger

Keep sucking that WotC dick. You are killing the game

It's being bad at magic to recognize that most of the big cards of UW Prison (Prism Ring, Jace's Sanctum, Hydrolash, Day's Undoing) are rotating out with nothing to adequately replace them?

I know you want to shitpost, but can you put more effort into it. Between this and , I'm very disappointed in you.

I mean, they have synergy in that the clues trigger fireweaver, but I'm not sure if pinging for one when you play a dude is worth playing both of those cards that do very little else to be aggressive.

Not even going to give me the fresh shit, only have those stale memes left in stock?

Which card has the worst flavor text in the set?

God fucking damn, this shit is dumb.

More likely bolas opens a gate to phyrexia and the world gets fucked in

>Phyrexia 2: The Gooening
The entire block is reprints of cards from other blocks, not good cards just 7cmc goodemons and goodragons at rare and 5 mana counterspells and of course Googatewatch then at the end of the block jace wakes up and it was all just a terrible dream

Then wizards bring out Magic Lite V.2 and stop printing and supporting any format with current cards and start reprinting from alpha again with different borders and card backs

>all those cards that saw no play except sideboard

Real quality, come back when you have truly played the game kiddo.

>49381408
I don't owe you anything.

They do synergize, and give card draw, but neither is particularly good, and pinging once per creature cast past t3 probably won't add a ton of damage overall.

Some good contenders in the thread already Or y'know, they were 4ofs
magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpman16/mono-blue-prison-with-martin-muller-2016-05-28

With all the low cost artifact creatures in the set, triggering both is easy. It's like the WB ally deck that was kicking around when BfZ was a thing.

It would be great if the flavor was:
>"Baral did not expect a Leonin, because there are no fucking Leonins in Kaladesh."

>"Suddenly even the main street became designated."

>Didn't even place with the deck

Try again

I love Voltaic Brawler. Probably not going to show up besides budget Gruul decks, but I still love it.

mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=618&f=ST&meta=128
The deck hasn't placed anyways, and the people running it are mostly playing lists that look like the one at the grand prix. I don't know why you're convinced this deck is gonna break standard. Do you even have a post rotation list, or are you just trying to troll?

>Now This Is Pod Racing - The Set.

bretty good.

Hey, sometimes those budget gruul decks are almost top tier (remember burning tree emmisary + flinthoof boar?)

pushed