Horus Heresy General /hhg/

We Got Leaks! Edition
Hydrabowl coming soon Sub-Edition
Guys, French did nothing wrong considering how much BL and GW hates the Fists. WE GOT BAC2 LEAKS, BOYS! Discussion on legions and what instrument matches them was made, ALfags denial creates a twist we can now see coming, talk on Mr. French, legion themes, and McNeil induced cringe was also made plus much more in the last bread Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IyUaI7QEoow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Thousand Sons. May we get what we deserve.

Behold!

Shiny.
Why though? It's not as though the two HQs from BaC got rules.

Also, I can dream if I want.

To the user asking about Bjorn, FW said that they were not going to include him in 30k, as he was a 'Literally Who?' nobody back then.

Like dust? I kid of course.
I also would like to know why FW doesn't want to do Bjorn. They did Abby and Sigs so why not Bjorn? Is Bjorn their favorite character and they refuse to do him because they know they would make him OP?

>Custodes
>MkIII
>Tartaros

Sweet jesus, Im getting two.

Seems odd for FW.

Kasper Hawser mini?

Because the two BaC HQs were generic, mate. That guy with the beard is so Space Wolf it hurts, and that means the sorcerer is more than likely Ahriman or some other character they're going to get. Which is a shame, because that model is kinda meh compared to FW's character series.

look at Abbadon was the First Company Captain and leader of the Justaerin. Sigismund was the Greatest Swordsman ever and already high-ranking back then. Bjorn was a newly minted Battle Brother.

>They did Abby and Sigs so why not Bjorn
Two first captains against some guy who was a nobody. Gee I wonder why?

>I also would like to know why FW doesn't want to do Bjorn
Maybe it's because GW called dibs on him.

It's all coming together. I wonder if the Custodes will have different stats in BaC2 and in Book 7.
Who again?

I get the feeling those Custodes want to spend as little time next to the SWs as possible.

Polux went from a nobody to a quite significant somebody during the heresy. Bjorn was a nobody until after the Heresy.

Thanks, I couldn't remember the exact quote.
Still, there are several good arguments for incuding him: he became a sort of equerry to Russ by mid-Heresy and it's not like FW didn't already introduce nobodies. Mawdrym Llansahai, Khaedes Nex, Gahlan Surlak etc.

Since the new update is the spartan still the go to deathstar transport? Anything work better?

I am starting deathguard and trying to pick stuff to go with them. For superheavies I was thinking a fellblade typhon and a knight. Does the knight fit DG? If so what one seems fitting? I wish there was a phophex heavy superheavy.

Is an orbital strike list consistent with DG fluff? Not sure if they would use pods or not.

Vindicators are fluffy for DG, are they decent on the table? Which is better the lascannon thing or demolishers?

I thought Bjorn's story started during the Heresy.
Space Wolves aren't so bad when you get to know them, they're drunk, and after you make them use deodorant and bathe to get rid of the wet dog smell.

I swear to Emps they know EXACTLY how long to drag things out and hype us up for, until we almost can't take it any more...

Seriously though, that set looks dope

I thought Bjorn's story started during the Scouring?

Oh no.

The Wolves are coming.

Valdor and Russ were bros weren't they?
Alright.
Who is going to get rules in Inferno then? Ahriman, obviously, probably Constantine Valdor too and who else?

I don't know anymore. I haven't kept up with my Wolf lore in a while.

>I wish there was a phophex heavy superheavy.
Chem Infernus my friend - can be an inducted superheavy (eats a LoW choice) or can be a SA Allied HQ choice via tank commander

Paint it in Legion colours and you're good

>I wonder if the Custodes will have different stats in BaC2 and in Book 7.

Well yea because this will be a standalone boardgame, FW will probably release Inferno to coincide with the release of this game.

Wasn't he but a Veteran at the time of Prospero? He was the youngest Wolf Guard when Russ decided to leave, that I do remember.

I think Jorin Bloodhowl (the original 13th company) was mentioned at some point.

>new White Dwarfs are retroactive
>the box set might be as little as 3 weeks away

I think that was after Russ decided that Bear needed a gold star.

>I thought Bjorn's story started during the Heresy.
Kinda, he went from basic line marine to lowest member of Leman's bodyguard. He became chapter Master (or yiff equivalent) when Russ left in M32 or whenever.

I dont think so, there's still Fenris 2 to go and some other box apparently, thats at least a month between orders and preorders. Though Inferno could arrive in 3 weeks.

And FW still won't make stats for him? Eh, we can make stats for him anyway. Give him Marked by Dark Fates.

>Bear
It would be extremely funny if Russ always called Bjorn "Bear", considering that was a mistranslation of his name.

>Ah, my talented son returns in glory! This will be another mark on the Saga of Bear
>I-it's Bjorn, my King...
>I can't hear you over the sound of hidromiel, cub! Come celebrate like any good warrior should, Bear!
>ᴮ-ᵇᵘᵗ ᵐʸ ᶰᵃᵐᵉ ᶦˢᶰ'ᵗ ᴮᵉᵃʳ⋅⋅⋅ *ˢᶦᵍʰ* Yes, my Lord...

>It would be extremely funny if Russ always called Bjorn "Bear", considering that was a mistranslation of his name.
I think it was everyone not from Fernis who called him Bear. Didn't he also fight with the Emperor at one point?
>>ᴮ-ᵇᵘᵗ ᵐʸ ᶰᵃᵐᵉ ᶦˢᶰ'ᵗ ᴮᵉᵃʳ⋅⋅⋅ *ˢᶦᵍʰ* Yes, my Lord...
How did you get the text so small?

Ctrl+Alt+look small text in Google.

Thanks, Al.

Yeah, it’s still Spartans. Hard to justify using a Mastodon and Storm Eagles are still a pain to assemble.

The knight can fit; I think book 4 featured knight houses fighting alongside the Death Guard. Orbital Strike… at first glance it doesn’t feel very DG, but of course they’d do it sometimes. My only reservation is that they seem to like preparing the battleground (i.e. artillery shelling) beforehand rather than appearing out of nowhere like most Astartes. Doesn’t really work with superheavies or Vindicators, though.

The two Vindicator types are very different – do you need anti-tank, or anti-infantry? If you’re playing DG you probably have anti-infantry covered, so take the laser destroyers. Those don’t feel as DG either, but you’ll need the anti-tank.

Kek, I like that kind of russian images.
Here, have something I did when the thread was stagnant.

I got the impression that Björn was known to Russ, but just a bit like somebody he liked.
Like a pet dog or something.

Hyped for plastic Tartaros and Mk3

I wonder if Custodes are going the be agents of the emprah or if it's going to reflect that some legions were less accepting of them than others

>that filename
We have too many of those. I'd rather the poison Huffers to come out and gas the Ironfire riders out for one day. But that would mean half of you dies right, Al?

Custodes are actually going to have full rules as an army. I'm thinking that there might actually be enough of them in that box for an allied detachment of them.

I never knew where the fighting in that picture takes place at. Anyone with ideas? As for that last part yes.

Abandoned city on Istvaan 5. Source is the first heretic

>I never knew where the fighting in that picture takes place at. Anyone with ideas?

It's on the Serrated suns ship, the Custodes have just killed the Blessed Lady and Argel and Xaphon have giant murderboners

It was a slow thread.
>But that would mean half of you dies right, Al?
It would probably would be like this, but with a badger instead of a beaver
youtube.com/watch?v=IyUaI7QEoow

Who will be the Agents of the Warmaster? Daemons?

Thanks.

>Agents of the Warmaster
Well, going by what we have now....

No one!

After all, only Word Bearers get Daemons, friend.

He comes to Russ' attention dimly before the Heresy as 'that guy from Tra that found Hawser'.

It's only during the Heresy that Russ actually starts paying attention to him and it's some time into it before Bjorn makes Russ' retinue as the new guy.

>It would probably would be like this, but with a badger instead of a beaver
The badger is the Iron Warriors right? I'm imagining it now and it's pretty hilarious.
>Agents of the Warmaster
I recall Horus sending Mal, cultists, and maybe other marines to spread corruption.

>Horus said everything was going to change once he got the power of Molech
>I head that one before, mate.
>This time is different.
>Yeah, I heard that one too.

I still can't take this image seriously with those two marines looking at that guy.
>Must pay attention to Abby, but can't pull away from that mortal's ugly mug.

They could probably do special named daemons, or like non-marine human/xeno sorcerers

Or they might be checking out 'dat ass'

You never know with astartes, bunch of weirdos

Like Davinites.

I thought I read somewhere that DG did not like the Malcador. Something about it being based on speed. Will look into it thanks.

Hmm, might skip on the vindies then, I have 9 quad launchers being done so that can kill foot dudes gud.

Which knights are good? ATM it seems like ranged anti tank will be much more useful than anti infantry.

Xiphon vs Lightning. Either one better or is it all about roll/need?

>special named Daemons
Like the LoWs the Word Bearers have?

Let's guess the Custodes stats!

3+ armor save with 5+ invuln save.

Your turn.

Money's on 2+ armor with 6+ FNP, 2 wounds

>T4 S4 WS5 BS5 Ld10 Fearless
2+ Auric Armour, maybe with 5++, maybe not.
Access to teleporting terminator armour

>Custodes Halberd
S+2 AP2 Melee
18" S4 AP4 Assault 2 Rending halber-mounted bolter.

The Custodes Centurion has WS7, BS6 and one of the following rules:
Adamantium Will
Infiltrate & Scout
Rampage & Furious Charge

Valdor has Eternal Warrior

I wonder if the TS will get a unique-ish type of mechanicum troop choice. They'll have to have some ability to take robots of some kind, surely?

Oh, look. It's Shas.

Hello!

Anyways, I'm still thinking 3+ with a 5++, and their Termi armor having a 2+ with a 4++.

Haven't seen you around in a while. Good to know you're still here.

Remember that daemon prince(ss) from Cadia? They could do something like that

Arkadine Psy-Automata were mentioned to be fighting alongside the Tsons on Prospero.

>Thousand Sons will have better beep-boops than the Iron Warriors do.
>Every legion has better beep-boops than the Iron Warriors do.
>The legion that actually has a dedicated beep-boop club.
Bitterness hangs about me as a heavy cloak, unable to take it off, and concealing all else from the world but itself.

>Papa Emperor did I make you proud?

Plastic MK III on the way and still IWfags find something to be bitter about

I don't know why, but Custodes termies should have a Lascannon as their heavy weapon options.
This is your face when TS get their exclusive battle automata.
El Chavo del 8?

I am bitter as there are non generic characters in that box.

Custodes are cool though.

That is indeed, my face.

Guardian spear already has stats in codex deathwatch

S+1 AP2 Melee Block
Contains boltgun w/ special issue ammo
Block: Nominate one attack that rolls to hit, and roll off with opponent. if you win the roll-off, it nullifies the attack.

So it'll be either S5 or S6 depending on a Custodian's base stats. Given those Custodians are on Terminator bases (Compare their bases to the Tartartos), i'd put money on them being S5 base and S6 with their Guardian Spears.

Now what about those massive Greatsword I see one of them has?

They might change it, you never know.

You see, I don't quite agree with those stats, they should be way better than the White Scars' glaive.
I forgot, they should be also Two Handed weapons, because Halberds (then again, we have that pic of a Custodes dual wielding them on the carge to the Webway gate).

Also, wasn't that made by GW?

40k /=/ 30k

+1WS/BS/I, 3+ Auric Armor, access to upgrade it to 2+, 5++.

Spear will be S user AP2, two handed and the bolter will be Salvo 2/3.

Im hoping that the Custodes list or whatever will be similar to the Deathwatch veterans in that you get to upgrade each model how you see fit to represent the fact that they are individuals with history rather than normal marine scrubs and the could have a small upgrade table to modify each guy similar to Tau and their battlesuits. So instead of volkite guns you could have "Bob 'Loud Faggot' Jackson" who was given "vocal augments" by the Emperor so now his screams are S5 AP5 template and enemies cannot overwatch if they suffer wounds.

Each Custodes should be a special snowflake, just like the fluff.

KEY QUESTION
is mk3 Generic or TS?

Looks generic, the HQs probably arent.

I would guess S5 T5 on a custodes.

yeah, made by GW, who has been trying to shoehorn their stuff into the Horus Heresy since it started printing money for FW.

You're right. Some things actually got BETTER over the 10,000 years (ex. Grav)

Looks generic but hard to tell from that pic.

they'll probably have better pictures leaked sooner or later

Wonder how it will look with Kromlech Chaos Jetpacks.

And no I'm definitely NOT thinking of taking all the MK3's and making them into Destroyers. Why would anyone that isn't me do something that stupid?

BaC's HQs were generic. And that was a very good thing.

These ones...aren't. It looks like Bjorn and Ahrioman.

I haven't gotten any official HH stuff yet. I was waiting for Custodes...and low the Emperor has blessed me.

>Throws 40k Salamanders away.

Abandon the toxic hellhole of 40k and come to the light, brother. The last true light of the Imperium, before Horus put that light out for good.

Our sanctuary that is 30k will soon be tainted forever more however.

The yiffs are coming !

These are not Yiff Wolves, and anyone expecting that will be bitterly disappointed. The emphasis for them in Inferno has been to move as far away from 40k wolves as possible. It’s not that the wolfy mcwolf vibe is overkill but the Vlka Fenryka are significantly closer to the original VI Legion and the evolution hasn’t gone completely full tilt as it were. The savagery is almost a front that’s put on both by Russ and his warriors. They’re trying to convey that without falling into stereotypes that would undermine the aesthetics.

>Grav better in 40k
I'd argue it's better in 30k.

Fluffwise, it can serve a utilitarian purpose, rather than the weaponized variant of the future. Ruleswise, it's more balanced, and can create Dangerous Terrain as well as being a Blast weapon, which the 40k one isn't, iirc.

Hooray, the model that inspired my own cataphractii primus medicae with a mark 4 head.

While other got worse, like the Malcador. Also, 40k graviton guns are based on the Mechanicum's Graviton imploders, after grav guns were lost in the Heresy.
But who misses them anyway.

>MkIV helm in Cataphractii
user, please. It hurts.

You must hate the Justaerin then.

It looks very nice user. Natural, even.
But Medicae have special optics, user.

Nah, they have a unique termi armor pattern.

That Primus Medicae is not wearing Justaerin armor.

I don't like the Justaerin anyways.

What hurts me more is that there seems to be no narthenicum on that model.

I was so worried that GW was going to fuck up the custodes.

I have never been happier to be wrong.

I already have 6000 points of EC

How can I justify buying 5 copies of the new box

the chainfist. how else are you gonna cut through that 2+ armor to retrieve the geneseed?

You can believe that. But know that locked within each 30k yiff is the potential that comes to full bloom 10,000 years later, in the time of The Overwolf

if you don't spend the 750$ + tax on plastic crack, the bomb on the bus-house you live in will explode?

Then where is the stabby injector bit ? Can't have a narthenicum without the stabby injector bit, that's Heresy !

Bjorn was a wolfguard champion during Prospero, fought captain Amon of the TS and a powerful daemon, to whom he lost his arm.

But lets look at all the people FW does consider "somebody"
>rylanor the unyielding
>some dude who carried the Emperor's flag and refused to turn traitor
>mawdrym llansahai
>fucked up apothecary
>castrmen orth
>tank commander
>shabran darr
>assault company adjutant
>honoured telemechrus
>young legionary put into a dreadnought
>crysos morturg