How strongs are Nobs lore wise? Can they 1v1 a marine?

How strongs are Nobs lore wise? Can they 1v1 a marine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=n5w2Mh6CyXo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Physically, a Nob is stronger than a marine.

But can he kill him in a duel you fucking nigger? I don't mean ''strong'' as in ''can he lift more'' you autist I bet you're the kind of cunt who goes ''hurr dat's not a sword dat's a gladius xd'' despite the fact that gladius is a sword you little nitpicking motherfucker.

As with all of 40k, depends on the writer
But on the whole, they are pretty on par, so really comes down to morale. Which orks have a lot of

They're about equal yeah, but generally speaking the Nob is going to rely more on him being larger and physically stronger because the marine is gonna outskill/tech him most of the time.

Calm your tits cumgurgler

depends

nobs are bigger and stronger and more well equipped than normal orks, who are known to cleave astartes apart, but space marine guns are far more effective and their power armor mean that even nobs would have difficulty punching through

the fight would most likely go to the space marine, but if the nob lives long enough to close the distance,then the nob would have a much higher chance of coming out no top although space initiative and armor would be an advantage

its worth noting that a nob only got to be a nob because they had survived more than one tussle with their enemies, and nobs known to prevail consistently against space marines are rare, but they do exist and often become warbosses

I would think probably not. Marines are vigorously trained in the techniques of physical combat.

It's like comparing a martial artist to a guy who's primary strength is just being big.

If the martial art is something shit like TKD or karate then the big guy can still stomp.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig

Weight and height classes exist for a reason.

For you

Depends on the nob

Regular nobs might be tough but are they smart?

Kommando Nobs might be the smartest of the bunch

Biker nobs depends on the marine if the biker is from the white scars then the nobs surely fucked other chapters the nob might the upper hand

All orks are tough, but one only gets old and expierenced enough to evolve into a nob by being at least a little clever.

Super fucking strong

Yes.

Height and weight classes are important in unarmed combat but once you involve weapons its all about the agility. Give both guys a knife and all those weak punches the little guy is getting in would become deadly wounds.

So yeah, I'd bet on the space marine generally.

Depends how the style is taught really. The stuff you see people trained in most of the time is the olympic styled sporting stuff. I've met a guy who learnt TKD from the South Korean army and there is a massive difference in that alone. The guy was a beast.

>muh agility

yeah a 170cm manlet with a knife surely has such huge fucking advantage over 190cm guy with a knife who has longer reach right? That's why in real life history people so often used daggers in duels to out-agile swordsmen. Oh wait they didn't.

Ultimately, in codex fluff and on the table top, I think a standard nob is going to beat a tactical marine.

Though, 40k fluff is all over the place. You have Space Marines singlehandedly killing a thousand orcs, and you also have them getting shot by renegade militia with autoguns and dying.

Mate you obviously know jack shit about HEMA. With professional sword/knife fighting the object is less about going for the hard to reach torso and more about going for the opponents wrist, hand or arm.

Watch the video below. The victor is most often the one clipping the other guys thumb. Why? Because when you do they can no longer hold a weapon then you strike at their body with less risk to yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=n5w2Mh6CyXo

>HEMA is the same as real duels and battles

lmao retard kill yourself and don't forget to tip your fedora beforehand

And you've been in real battles to know this? Please, take off your own fedora before telling me to take off mine.

Depends whose Waagh!! the nob is serving under. A feral nob is barely a match up for a regular space marine. A nob under Ghazkghull is pretty much SM captain tier. The nobs serving under Da Beast were each Chapter Master tier with Da Beast himself being able to go toe to toe with a primarch

And of course according to the Eldar all that shit is nothing compared to what the orks were like early on as Krorks.

They used polearms for a reason.

It's almost like you should have said that instead of using a single ambiguous word. Fucking shitlord.

Yes, polearms were of vital importance in fending off cavalry. But between two fully armoured renaissance era fighters it was the dagger that was most important. The polearm is long and strong, but struggles to penetrate the best armours.

The thing about knife fighting is that it's basically impossible to defend against. If someone armed with a knife really wants to kill you, you're probably going to die unless you're very quick and lucky. Of course, it's even odds that he dies too, but that doesn't help you much, does it?

I practice a lot with asymmetrical weapons, and one thing that I've discovered is that a large difference in reach confers a small advantage, but greatly increases the stakes. If you're fighting a guy with similar size and weapon to you, you can afford to dance around and fence with him, but if he has a spear and you have a knife, your only option is to stay out of range until you find a window to dart in, latch on, and shank the everliving fuck out of him.

Nope, it's the grappling. That's why your shitty larp events have a "First guy down loses" rule.

Grappling is most important once you're retard close.

Also you're probably obese, don't be a fucking fatlus talking about how your fucking gay as fuck larping shit is equivalent to real combat.

Shit even those super pro ultimate badass medieval tournaments in russia look hella fucking gay and our first down losses.

By the fluff marines are like 7 foot tall demigods who spit acid and can survive in a literal vacuum equipped with the best possible weapons and armour . They stomped all over the Orks and this was when the Orks were both far more numerous and larger in size as a result.

So the marines would win.

Knives are fucking scary. I watched some surveillance camera footage on liveleak of a Brazilian shopkeeper getting attacked with one and he took some bad cuts immobilizing the guy's arm. Then after like 2 minutes of struggling his grip slipped for a second and it was all over.

Very true, I agree with you. Reach does confer an advantage. But then as you said, if the gap is closed then the advantage of the spear is lost to the agility of the knife. In this case it all depends on hte circumstances.

Given that the debate is about a SM and an Ork, the Ork more than likely has a longer reaching axe but without the agility to hit the SM at the correct range the SM's knife and agility are probably going to prevail over the Orks axe and brute strength. Finally gone full circle to my original point so I will leave it here.

Well these are the medals that I have from last year, I have another 3 years or so from other places around Australia but they're in storage. Some of these are Tae Kwon Do but most of the ones I have are for MMA, the three larger ones in that photo are an example. I now that medals don't prove much, but given the way you are acting I challenge you to post something that proves you have any credibility what so ever.

>Not understanding that gappling is deadly because of daggers.

>How strong
>Can he 1v1 a marine?
>Hurr I don't know what question I want an answer too

Eat dicks fucktard.

A single marine should have absolutely no trouble whatsoever with boyz unless he's literally drowning in bodies (even though a baseline human has absolutely zero chance of surviving close combat with a single boy), but in a straight up 1v1 a marine vs a mob is about as even a match as you can get.

Tyranid warrior > nob > spess muhrine

Well short assed Romans with short swords murdered their way through much larger Gauls and Germans wielding much longer swords so there's that. In most types of warfare discipline, training, and proper equipment trumps individual skill and strength. Which is to say I bet on the Space Marine against a single Nob 99% of the time.

Dude, stop hanging out with genestealers. They are fucking with your brain.

We gonna see about that on Deathwing.

>Warriors
>in a Space Hulk game
Oh, and they're also going to have you fight Tyrant Guards and Carnifexes, right?

Dident the Germanic tribes put a stop to the roman march though?

Battle of Teutoburg Forrest made the Romans rethink all of their plans north of the Rhine, but that's not to say they didn't have successful campaigns and battles against Germans.

lol ur retarded. you asked strong, not kill him in a duel.

how mad do you even ahve to BE to right this post ;ol

This is the most hilarious shit I've read all day. To all the retards a 1v1 is obviously regarding a fight and not a bench press competition.

But a gladius isn't a sword?

> what are different weapons
>what are weapons with better reach
.What is the ability to use weapons that outrange my more agile opponent
>what is the ability to fight with better armor on

who murdered whom, again?

>tournaments
>mattering
Lel

Show me on the doll where the Roman historian touched you.

No. Space Marines routinely killed thousands upon thousands of Orks, if not millions. A nob is just a really beefy Ork that can potentially kill a marine IF he manages to land a hit.

That however is a pretty fucking big if.

>Carnifexes,
yes

Ork boyz become nobz after a lifetime of fighting. They're pretty damn skilled too. Equally strong, equally tough, equally skilled, roughly the same points costs. The edge goes to the Astartes only thanks to superior equipment, discipline, and agility. But a well placed charge with a sufficiently large choppa could see a nob taking down the marine much more easily.

>Short swords
There called Gladiuses user.....

Wtf, calm down you crazy cunt. Yes if a nob can get close they more often than not can rip apart basic marines, usually in lore sergeants or veteran marines can beat them but on average yes they are capable of beating them. Being significantly stronger and tougher.

To be fair in one of the books a warrior gets up close and rips 2 or 3 marines apart with relative ease.

Strength - Nob > Warrior > Marine
Smarts - Marine > Warrior > Nob
Speed - Warrior > Marine > Nob
Toughness - Nob > Warrior > Marine (not armour)

>Space Marine routinely kill thousands upon thousands of Orks, if not millions.

Are we talking about a chapter of marines? Or a single Marine? Cause even 1 chapter will struggle to take on millions. There are obvious heroic exceptions but on average a large horde of boys will drown a lone marine

One Chapter can kill millions easy peasy. Orks are the most common, routine threat Space Marines will face outside of rebellions and they crush them with ease. It's only the big WAAAGHS that give them trouble.

Look who is completely new. No, an ork doesn't have morale. They are fucking cowards. ORKS have morale. Only numbers give them the will to fight thourgh difficult situations. Only if there are enough other bodies to absorb fire, will they fight on.

Learn the setting scrub.

But the very name means ''sword'' you stupid nigger piece of shit americunt who deserved 9/11?

Wazdakka Gutsmek solo'd a fuckign titan

Scrub-level Orkz are cowards.

Once an Ork has been around for a while, survived a few fights and toughened up, they tend to be a lot bolder and braver.

Holy cow. Blood rage detected.

Warriors are deployed by the millions to any individual invasion and the Ultramarines still managed to hold a good portion of the line with a thousand individuals.

Full Astartes > Tyranid Warrior > Nob.

The whole thing is situational anyway its very unlikely that they will get a fair 1v1. In any case it would rely on the marine fighting smart and knowing how to dodge, while the nob would have to be more defensive using his reach while if they opponent came even close, he would then have to use his weight while not getting stabby stabbed.
neat m8 I received my first degree 2 years ago never really saw the need to go to tournaments though.

Wow they suffered one defeat, which they responded to by then sending something like 7 more legions and pretty much murdering everything they could find before pulling back since there was nothing worth colonizing. But yeah let's not forget the entire conquest of Gaul, and a series of other campaigns against Germanic and Celtic tribes that also ended in Roman success.

Definitely don't remember the Gallic and Germanic tribes conquering Rome...

Derp.

It is canon that the Blood Angels drop pod assaulted and slaughtered hundreds of thousands if not millions of Orks during the Second War for Armageddon. I would say that baring exceptional luck, or numbers even more overwhelming than 500 to 1 the Orks are pretty much gonna just die fighting marines.

Go to bed, Angron.

Space marines don't fight principally in dense formations with Scutums and Pila son.

Brennus sacked Rome in 400 BC, and the Alans, vandals and Goths sacked Rome multipole times in the 400's.

Just because they didn't stick around and occupy the place like a bad smell after doesn't make the conquest any less real.

>it's a "W40k lore is so convoluted and contradictory that's it impossible to say anything for sure" episode

>Brennus sacked Rome in 400 BC

Fighting against what was essentially phalanx formations not maniples (which is directly relevant if we're talking about weapons and tactics being used) as the Romans later used to defeat the Gauls, and long before Rome could be considered a major power. Hell by this point the Romans still had another hundred years before Hannibal.

>and the Alans, vandals and Goths sacked Rome multipole times in the 400's.

And this is the reverse problem. The Romans were long since in decline, their military hugely depleted and lacked the capability of fighting. And even then they managed to win quite a few victories in the field especially against Atilla, once again proving that strategic concerns didn't necessarily stop the Romans from being effective tactically or operationally.

Also note that having your city sacked and suffering a defeat is not proof of actual inferiority. The Romans lost many battles, and had many of their cities sacked but that doesn't stop a trend of general success in almost every war against almost every enemy. Hannibal, Spartacus, Teutoburg Forest, Carrhae, Pyrrhus, all managed to hurt Rome and humiliate them and every single one was either defeated or avenged later on.

My point though wasn't about Roman military effectiveness in the long run, the conversation was about the effectiveness of certain weapons regarding certain types of combat. And there is little question that given the right training a short weapon being used by a smaller person can be more effective given the right training and tactics.

Fair point but Romans weren't genetically enhanced super humans with jump packs and chainsaw swords.

Were you there? A gladius isn't a sword.

Holy fuck. Who pissed in your kibble, m8?

>not understanding the evolution of weapons
if you're browsing /tg but didn't study history until you were at least 18 then GTFO

Ork Nob wins in close combat 60-70% of the time.

Ork Nob loses in a gunfight 90% of the time.

So it really comes down to how close up the Ork got to the generic Space Marines grunt before they engage each other.

So it

this is bait, and it is pretty clear bait.

>1v1

it clearly indicates a duel you idiotic nigger

'Nob' is a kinda broad category, really, going from 'bigger ork leading a group of regular boyz' right up close to Warboss-level. Naturally, depending on where they sit on the scale and what toys they have - primarily thinking about power klaws here - their success against marines will vary.

Oh yeah, and encounter range massively matters too. Marines tend to be better than orks at the whole accurate shooting thing.

Nonsense. Don't you know about the Celestial Lions? Orks are expert marksmen.

Right?

I'd say the marine would usually have the advantage, but the nobs would always have support, mainly boys as meat shields. If they get into close combat, nobs will always win vs regular tacticals, their big choppas and power claws are just so much more effective than chainswords. The problem is that tactical marines will try not to get into close combat against nobs.
So in CQC, yes, in a firefight, no.

it all boils down to the rules of engagements, since the two of them are geared for radically different approaches, one is shooty and versatile and the other is choppy and geared for assault

a better example might be assault marines or other CQC

For fucks sake someone just mathhammer this or we'll be here all week

I think I have seen this, was the guy attacking him black? They were like wrestling for a good couple minutes over this knife then the black guy got a couple of like shoulder/ arm stabs in and the shopkeeper lost a lot of strength then just got repeatedly stabbed, was pretty horrific

You do realise the ultramarines were backed up by IG and PDF and chapter serfs and had reinforced macragge for 5 months straight? (already being one of the most defended strongholds in the entire imperium)

Mostly this

Even assault marines in lore lose to nobs 7 times outta 10. Nobs are just that much bigger and tougher and stronger. Of course named characters and more experienced marines will have the upper hand

In case people wonder

Oh for god's sake...

Wow he actually deleted it, I thought after post 7 he would have just said fuck it.