Why isn't anybody using algorithms in order to exploit the BTC market with high-frequency trading like they do with...

Why isn't anybody using algorithms in order to exploit the BTC market with high-frequency trading like they do with normal stocks? Couldn't you also use something like a botnet to generate artificial hype to further aid the process?

You cracked the code user.

>implying no-one does this

SOON

this is already happening

>Why isn't anybody using algorithms in order to exploit the BTC market with high-frequency trading
The day they do that you'd wish you never even asked this stupid question.

They do.

Really? How do you know?

Washtrading on bitfinex for example.

Crypto is one of the most heavily botted financial markets out there because the barrier to entry is so low. That's why the price is so volatile. That also means there's a ton of competition and very little money to be made by running bots.

t. bot herder

>he has never heard of tradingbots

have you seen any wild fluctuations that would indicate massive profit taking? hmmmmm

what's your monthly % gain with your bottrades?

I don't know my dudes, doesn't sound like a currency I would like to be the standard for day to day use. Don't the bitcoin developers have some sort of defense mechanisms against that stuff, like captchas maybe?

I eek out about $50 a month and I'm a master's student in applied math. I do this for fun and it is very very difficult to be profitable with bots.

It has nothing to do with bitcoin itself. These bots just trade on exchanges.

Nice troll 2/10
Cmon being this stupid is just impossible

>why isn't anyone
how fucking new are you, honestly

>eek out about $50 a month
and how much money do you use to trade with?

Captchas for Bitcoin transactions
Try to keep the retardation a little more believable next time

also, what's the exact issue? the market is very volatile with a general uptrend -. seems like a perfect environment for bottrading, no?

A couple grand. The profit opportunities are very small and your own trades will ruin them if you use too much money.

>futures legitimize btc
>high-frequency pros from the big institusion get unleashed on the basement traders
>the fun is ogre

What's so stupid about captchas, it works with Veeky Forums.

It's really volatile, but that's because all of the forward price signalling information is exploited to hell by bots. If there's even the slightest hint that market is about to go up, it instantly shoots up to its target value. It's only profitable if you're a time traveler.

Are you for real?

It might not stop all bots but most of them or wouldn't it?

isn't that just the same with other markets, though?

Give me a detailed explanation of how it woud

No, because all you other amateur bot authors don't really know what you're doing and will run bots that operate below profitability, destroying the profit opportunity. There's thousands and thousands of people with poorly written bots that make botting crypto an unprofitable rollercoaster.

>bot about to make the transaction to xyz
>field for pay to has to be unlocked using a captcha
>bot fails to solve captcha

Nice bait, almost got me there kek such a troll