Theros Block done right

youtube.com/watch?v=RRq7lLawQB4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qRCteeZTrjE
youtube.com/watch?v=b9k4MUpz_r8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should have gone for a Portal: Trojan War set.

youtube.com/watch?v=qRCteeZTrjE
this better ?

Gotta love how in a song called "The Gospel Truth," they try and present the titans as the bad guys.

Continue

Apaprnetly the movie was not all the popular but i've always loved this interpretation.

The titans ruled over what was the Golden Age of Greek mythology. People didn't have to hunt or farm as the earth just gave up its bounty willingly.
People lived until old age, and died peacefully; their spirits not going to some dingy underworld but helping their descendants live.
Gods and mortals lived together in peace.

The problem was that their leader, Kronus had been cursed.
His father was Uranus, the Heavens. Uranus laid with Gaia, the Earth, to produce many children. Unfortunately, most were ugly as sin -- only one eye or having hundreds of hands. So Uranus confined these children inside Tartarus, a deep abyss within Gaia, and their brother.

Unfortunately, the pain of having the cyclopes and hekatonkhires thrashing about was too much, so Gaia went to her children and begged them to castrate their father.

Only Kronus had the guts to do so, and so he castrated Uranus (throwing his balls into the sea,) and deposing him to become ruler of the world.

Uranus didn't take this well, and cursed Kronus that he would in turn be overthrown by his son. And then Kronus kept the Cyclopes and Hekatonkhires imprisoned in Tartarus anyway.

But yeah, that curse on Kronus was the real problem, because he didn't exactly want children.

But for anyone who wasn't Gaia, or Kronus' kids, the Golden Age was pretty damn good.

And don't forget Zeus portrayed as a good guy when he was in fact a serial rapist, Hera being presented as a nice wife when in truth she was a heartless bitch transforming her husband's rape-victims into monsters, and Hades being shown as a satan knock off, even if he was originaly one of the less malvolent gods you could ever find in that entire mythos.

Disney loves to destroy and pervert everything it touches (even if I must admit that this flick was fun, at least)

Yeah, it was a fun flick, but hardly accurate.

(And I personally really like the Rock's Hercules)

I love Greek myth and hate most adaptations that butcher things as much as Hercules does, but I just can't stay mad at this movie. Between Meg, Hades, and Phil, there's enough golden acting and comedy to make it more than fun enough to forgive its (many) flaws and liberties. Disney may pervert the shit out of legends, going back to the Little Mermaid and probably farther and happily continuing into Frozen, but damn if they don't make good movies doing it.

Yeah, people don't even realise that Frozen was "based" on the Snow Queen.

I love how they replaced "Greek chorus" with "gospel chorus"

OP here
i love you all

12 Olympians and their colour identity?

Zeus: Red (thunder, judgement, wrath etc. Lightning bolt is his favourite.)
Hera: White (goddess of motherhood, marriage, and family. Many tokens)
Poseidon: Blue (as well as the whole water thing, he'd bring back Horsemanship, since he was god of horses)
Demeter: Green (life gain growth, mana production. Perfect for the goddess of agriculture)
Athena: Red/White (wisdom and war. Army of weanies)
Apollo: Blue/Black (yeah seems weird for the sun god. Blue for divination and scrying, Black for his plagues)
Artemis: Green/Blue (lots of animals. Archery/reach. Blue gives her a bunch of shapeshifting abilities)
Ares: Red/Black (war and destruction abound. Hated by many, loved by the amazons)
Aphrodite: White/Green (mostly focusing on enchantments. Buffing her favourites with tokens of her love)
Haephestus: White/Blue (artifacts, enchantments. Like Aphrodite, mostly focused on buffing)
Hermes: Blue/Red (speed, evasion theft, and intercessing between the divine and mortal)
Dionysus: Red/Green (unpredictable, wild, and untamed)

(This would of course leave Hades as the 13th, for mono-Black.)

No, user, this is Theros done right:
youtube.com/watch?v=b9k4MUpz_r8

Kronus ate babies, user. That's pretty much default evil guy. Zeus only ate his aunt/wife so he's not so bad.

Aphrodite is the Goddess of love. She is mono red.

>Athena: Red/White
>Went to a college whose patron was Minerva
>Our colors were Maroon and White
I support this color identity.

>Apollo as Blue/Black

I actually really like this idea. Finally a black and blue character who isn't gloomy or generic cuck material. A sun-praising group that is black/blue sounds fucking awesome.

Judgement is White
"Motherhood" is GW
Wisdom is U and/or GU and/or WU, far from red.
Aphrodite should be Red+ other color
Ares is Mardu

Otherwise OK

Bump

Glad they're liked.

I was thinking of having each of Kronus' children as one of the colours (ignoring Hestia), hence my choices. Maybe a better reasoned version?:

Mono:
W: Hestia (Goddess of the Hearth, and thus hospitality and protection. Pacifism, protection, and life gain are big themes here)
U: Poseidon (still the only logical choice)
B: Pluton (Aka Hades. As god of wealth and the underworld, he focuses on controlling the graveyard. Sacrifice, discard, etc)
R: Zeus (Still here mostly for lightning, and wrath, and lust. What other god would eat his first wife to prevent their child from surpassing him?)
G: Demeter (Again, most logical choice)

Allied:
W/U: Athena (You're right, she wouldn't be red. Logic, patience, civilization, and strategy. She's a perfect fit here)
U/B: Apollo (Sender of plagues, and dispassionate arete.)
B/R: Ares (Not Mardu. That's Mars. Ares lacks any of white's desire for peace, harmony, order. That's his sister)
R/G: Dionysus (Untamed hedonism, madness, wine, growth, etc)
G/W: Artemis (Midwife, huntress, purity. She's all about the animals, archery, and similar things)

Enemy:
W/B: Hephaestus (Focused on Enchantments. Both improving, and weakening. He also made Pandora's jar, full of every woe known to man)
G/B: Persephone (The seasons. Spring/Winter. Harvest time. Focused on growth and weakness)
U/R: Hermes (Exploration, secret knowledge, etc.)
R/W: Aphrodite (All about the passion. Probably often about impermanence. Board wipes, exiles, destruction, tokens.)

This just leaves G/U as a missing pair.

>god of blacksmithing and volcanoes
>W/B

There's plenty of White smiths.
W/R would probably work better though.

Hmm, but then there's Aphrodite missing a red.

Theros block done right: first 2 sets are about animal-on-human rape. last one is just gay rape. Also animal on human

>story of Hercules
>not a Greek tragedy

Wait, it was? It's not anything like the Snow Queen at all.

Technically the tragedy happens before his legend, and is the reason for it.

Everything after that is just gravy.

I mean, everyone knows he killed his family, but then he got a whole bunch more, and a whole bunch new sons. I mean, hell, after he impressed her, Hera let Heracles marry her daughter Hebe.

Yeah. Elsa was the villain, it was going to be a lot more like the original story...

And then they wrote "let it go," a piece of pure award bait.

And realised, "hang on, if we do this, people will identify with the villain!" And so, struck between getting rid of the song, or having a villain people could relate to...

They rewrote the entire story so they could have their cake and eat it.

I like the theory that there wasn't supposed to be a villain at all, and it got changed into the Prince at the last minute.

I think that would have made for a far better movie.

From what I've heard they even make the mistake of him not letting the mask slip, even when he's alone.

You forgot god-as-animal-on-human-rape.

The plot twist is that the animals where the gods being assholes all along.

I heard it was less 'after is was written' and more 'after it was recorded'. I mean, the lyrics could definitely count as a 'fuck everyone who isn't me' type of song, but it ended up sounding so... UPLIFTING.

And yeah, it was originally based upon The Snow Queen, but a LOT changed in revisions. Heck, the first pitch for Zootopia was a super-spy flick (with animals).