You're not actually bullish about CME?

Right user? Pic very related. This is what happens to the spot market once it gets a futures market. If you thought institutions controlling the price of BTC was a good thing, congratulations, you're a retard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CglhQzAIOvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck man if these jewish tricks really do ruin BTC i'm gonna be pissed

>decentralized currency
>governemnt centralizes price control
KEK

Not shown: the massive reduction in risk which has its own value

what is the argument for why futures trading will lead to big price drops in the underlying asset?

intuitively doesnt really make sense

go back

Is there more info about this special incident; or other markets that did show the same pattern?

Otherwise it's just a solo incident.

>t watch "the pit"
it's literally a movie about coffee futures trading. They literally run the coffee price of the world over there

Looks like a good time to buy ETH.

history. now go back.

Just like the gold market the futures is design to manipulate the price now boys & girls it seem this bitcoin product has allowed a few sheep to escape your masters pen we can't have that so we shall herd you back to the Penn under our control that is what the futures market is all about you all know that the Gold futures market they don't have any gold?
And they do not need it to manipulate it
bitcoin must not stand!!

I am 1 OF 3 TJH
the fall and control of bitcoin has Begun Dec 10th 2017

>control of bitcoin
you're not getting my 93 coins fuck off

The IRS thank you for your self-reporting diligence.

Gold futures opened in 1974.

fuck off cunt

i paid taxes when i sold at $1000 and bought at $300 years ago nigger. i'll pay again when i cash out again

you are an idiot. The futures are to hedge bitcoin. No one in his right mind is shorting a trend like these. Big money just wants some security, and no, nobody in his right mind would even put one cent into any altcoin

futures market settled in usd, they are getting my coins either

Futures are literally there to reduce volatility and risk. Do you guys even know what a future is?

were those cash settled or not at the time?

>nobody in his right mind would even put one cent into any altcoin
i've made over $20k profits by shifting btc into various altcoins. i made about $6k alone in 3 days buying LTE at $98 and selling at $150. try again faggot

Should be 50k my friend
don't forget gold is a real not made out of thin air like Federal reserve NOTES & bitcoin but as time passes you will see this is the day bitcoin died

Wall Street has no power here

>Not shown: the massive reduction in risk which has its own value
thats another reason for btc to go down
a lot of people will take money out of btc itself and put it in regulated futures

'Ahhh" silly boy you don't understand
the ones that will short them have unlimited supply of money they are the United states government & the central banks of the wold Bitcoin is a direct attack agenst them and that will not go unanswered sill boy

Not shown - the collapse of the fucking housing market that devalued everything. Fucking retard.

Yes there is 100 contracts per one real gold bar
so they are selling 99 fake contracts and it say's that if the product can no be produce then you must take cash as settlement this is how they have keep gold down in real terms

The argument is this:
1. Massive bank can be made from the 99% who think the price will rise by successfully shorting BTC
2. BTC can be shorted by slowly buying huge numbers of the underlying asset. In theory, this started a while ago and accounts for some of the recent rises.
3. The short gets placed, everyone laughs at them
4. The huge amount of underlying asset is dumped all in one go.
5. This causes the order book to be completely eaten up, and then there are no more buy orders: the bottom drops out of the market and the price falls waaaaaaaaay down
6. Panic! No-one can sell, price stays suppressed
7. The shorters now slowly buy back in at a fraction of the current price. This makes everyone think the waters are safe again
8. Repeat as required

This is the theory. It can go wrong is sooo many ways, not least that the shorters can't benefit if the short market is paused as CBOE said they would do.

brainlet here. Can you explain how shorting futures will have an effect on Bitcoin price when futures don't touch the underlying asset?

futures will divert money from the underlying asset

You are not qualified to post the entire game plan here. Delete this and report to the High Council at once.

And i would Add that the ones who WILL short are The central bankers who as we all KNow make money out of thin air

>100x in a mere 30 years
To the moon lads.
Shitposting aside, I'm not suicidal over ops image. Besides the "get rich quick" aspect of bitcoins rise, isn't it fair to attribute a good bit to speculation upon the as of now undetermined idea of what the value might be as use cases actually come in to play? Whereas gold and uranium are more understood commodities, bitcoin still seems like unfamiliar ground. I get how futures work to stabilize prices, but because we don't really have a strong idea of how useful bitcoin will end up being, isn't there still a lot of room for speculation?
And if by betting on bitcoin with futures, especially considering the range of estimates of where the price will end up, wouldn't either the short or long get absolutely bent over if it is at 1k/100k and they bet the opposite?
Is there anyone on this board who knows this kind of stuff better than I can understand this wikipedia article or should I just post pink wojacks about my alts getting rekt?

Yes please see thisand do research on how the gold market is manipulated and then you will see what is at hand

Forgive me
Nathaniel Charles Jacob Rothschild

This. Ultra bullish on ETH right now.

They call me Ishmael

>(((((((Nathaniel Charles Jacob Rothschild)))))))

youtube.com/watch?v=CglhQzAIOvE

>pausing
In the sense that they pause trading in presence of swings that are too big?